As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Tales From The Loop

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Tales From The Loop

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    KerruneKerrune Registered User new member
    “As far as I’m concerned, that’s America’s Ass.”

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Should we be expecting "cushioned" mouse pads featuring art from panel one?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I take it that Mike tried to play Zelda and got his ass handed to him.

I recommend he should play it on Twitter.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Great. I was staring at that first panel trying to see if there was anything else noteworthy hidden in the piles in the closet. And my wife walks in to talk about what she just heard on the news...We'll be celebrating 13 years of marital bliss this April, and things still get weird.

• Options
    The Ninth GuardianThe Ninth Guardian Registered User regular
    "What are you doing, step-Gabe?"

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I take it that Mike tried to play Zelda and got his ass handed to him.

I mean, he clearly still has his ass attached.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I totally get the sentiment of picking up an old game that I set down for a long period of time, only to remember why I set it down in the first place (i.e. crushing, humiliating defeat).

My own personal iteration of this scenario is the Metroid II remake that came out for the New 3DS. It was an absolutely brilliant remake. I have never played the original Metroid II, and getting the chance to play it in the remake was a real joy. The game was brilliant. It was amazing. And to my shame I got stuck/lost and never finished it.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    ihnmotp.jpg

This is what usually happens when I pick up an old game that I haven't finished.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I really liked A Link Between Worlds. It is one of my favorite Zelda games (vying with the original for a spot in my top three, the others being BOTW and Wind Waker). I wonder what he got stuck on?

Metroid: Samus Returns was also pretty great. Oddly, it shared a feature with ALBW that I really appreciated; the ability to place different-colored pins on maps. Really helped with remembering where things worth backtracking for were located, to say nothing of how much easier it makes them to pick back up after a break in play.

@Lucascraft out of curiosity, where you just lost in an area, or stuck on a boss? If the latter, I'm gonna guess it was probably the digger robot?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    @H3Knuckles It's been a while now (a couple years), but as I recall, I was on the Metroid destroying step. I think there were 13(?) Metroids that you had to destroy, and I just couldn't find one of them, or more specifically I couldn't find the next one that I needed in the sort of non-linear progression of that game. Or maybe I'm misremembering. I don't know. I'm old.

Edit: At this point, I would just have to start over. I don't remember the map or areas, or how to get around, or even what my powers/unlocks are.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Ah, okay. It's been a while now, so I don't remember very many details either. I was just curious if it was that one boss because I remembered a lot of other people complaining about it and I know it took me a lot of tries to be able to clear it.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    QuixefQuixef Registered User new member
    Strong Panam vibes.

• Options
    JunathJunath Registered User new member
    The only thing in ALBW that gave me problems was a few of the minigames for heart pieces. Baseball in particular. But also the timed rupee finding games were annoying. A couple bosses took a little figuring out, sure, but nothing rage inducing. But then I have pretty acute OCD when it comes to collecting, so I always have the most heart containers I can at any given point (hence the minigames being so frustrating).

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    ihnmotp.jpg

This is what usually happens when I pick up an old game that I haven't finished.

This is me and books, like I swear I tried to read the sequel to catch 22 4 separate times, and I have failed each time vaguely in the same spot.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Okay, okay, okay.

But can I just back up a minute and point out that his ass has two little pictures of his ass on it?

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    Okay, okay, okay.

But can I just back up a minute and point out that his ass has two little pictures of his ass on it?
    Nah. That's the standard detailing on Levi's jeans back pockets:
    coveredrivet.png

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So, it's Levi's who likes to draw butts on pants.

• Options
    doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    Movin' to the country
    s01btgkeonjg.jpg

we7ek91hy97o.png
  • Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    <3 u DoomPooky... you said it better than i could...

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Okay, okay, okay.

coveredrivet.png

Oh, I recognized what it was a reference to. I'm just saying those stripes are a little more... juicy.

• Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    Anyone have that video clip of the guy playing some final fantasy like game where he kept opening a trapped chest each time he played?

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Okay, okay, okay.

coveredrivet.png

Oh, I recognized what it was a reference to. I'm just saying those stripes are a little more... juicy.

Now I'm forever going to see that little triangle stitch pattern between the two "cheeks" as something else....

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    My wife is in bed. I came back to stare at that panel just to make sure I didn't miss a hidden joke.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Shawty had them Apple Bottom Jeans.

• Options
    NoOutletNoOutlet Registered User regular
    The news post seems like it may be suggesting that you can use the WiiU gamepad charger to charge a 3DS.
    This is not true! The chargers look very similar, but the WiiU gamepad charger is slightly larger and will not fit in the port for the 3DS charger. Such a pity.

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    I either forgot or wasn't aware that the wiiu charger cord didn't work for the 3ds. Or at least it won't work for the original 3ds and the 2ds. No idea on the other models of which there's many.