As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

so I've read the Bread book

ReznikReznik Registered User regular
I think that Kropotkin fellow has some interesting ideas but his numbers are a little out of date.

What should be next on baby's first anarchism reading list? I know Kropotkin has more stuff, but I'm kind of looking to read something that examines his ideas or related ideas in a more modern context.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
Forget it...

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I think this is an @winky if I ever saw one.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    If you're looking for something a bit more modern in context I'd say look at Bookchin. Post-Scarcity Anarchism is from 1971 and is a pretty influential work. You might also want to look at Chomsky, though he gets a lot of criticism from purists for not really being much of an anarchist at all, his 1988 Manufacturing Consent is as relevant as ever.

You also might try asking around for recommendations on r/Anarchy101 if you want something more recent/specific, I've found them pretty helpful in the past.

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Sweet, thanks for the rec. I have a sneaking suspicion my brother probably has that Chomsky book so I'll see if I can't borrow it from him while I track down the other one.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...