As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    "Einhar Missions in Areas have 5% chance to replace all monsters with Beasts" holy fucking shit

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    "Einhar Missions in Areas have 5% chance to replace all monsters with Beasts" holy fucking shit

That would be in-fucking-sane on T16 maps.

OK this shit rules
    "You can assemble an additional Metamorph after the first is dead"
    "Areas contain an additional Harbinger"
    "Blueprints that drop in areas have a 10% chance to be fully revealed"
    "Einhar remains in areas after his Mission is complete, has 100% cooldown recovery and 1000% increased damage to unique monsters"
    "Completing maps gives 10 Intelligence to a random Syndicate Safehouse"
    "Delirium encounters have 15% chance to generate 3 additional reward types"
    "Abyssal Troves have 200% increased quantity, +3 level, and 10% chance to drop a rare item with an Abyssal Socket"

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What are they doing with summoner? For those of us too lazy to click on things we want to die, or to stop moving while fighting?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Crippl3 wrote: »

That would be in-fucking-sane on T16 maps.

ok Bex clarified on Reddit, it's like Monstrous Treasure
    It removes all the regular monsters and adds in only beasts but it's not a 1-to-1 amount, it spawns within a fixed range of possible #s of beasts
    still insane

Also:
    Basic Currency is a new term we've introduced that describes currency that drops randomly from normal content. As opposed to currency items that are specific to league content or things like the Awakener's Orb. The Vaal Flesh Merchant is new. I'm sure you'll find out about it soon enough :)

edited January 2021
    P3kBvg3.png

Everything is in 1 or 2 regions, wish we got more Heist tho (Vall Merchant refers to a node in Lex Ejoris that adds something called a "Vaal Flesh Merchant" to Incursions, Bex wouldn't say what it is)

Crippl3 on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    What are they doing with summoner? For those of us too lazy to click on things we want to die, or to stop moving while fighting?

Haven't heard the specifics, but my guess is probably not much. I haven't done summoner since the Animate Weapon redo, so I might have missed some massive nerf?

I feel like they're generally okay with where summoner is at, and they're trying to cut off the outliers as it were.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    I gotta say, considering how much this game was careening into just infinite layers of RNG, I'm really glad the devs put the brakes on it and have allowed for more deterministic play. The community really belabored this and only the noisy few kept complaining the deterministic play would ruin the "essence of POE."

I think I might have been one of those douchebags at one point, unfortunately enough.

There's still a fucking ton of RNG that I think could get the heave-ho, but most of it is buried in older content like Abyss or Harbinger and not really reflective of the new stuff.

well i mean this is the major feedback from harvest right

people loved the deterministic crafting elements -> thus the new maven orb etc and the harvest reinclusion as the deterministic crafting vs growing ur PLONTS.

obF2Wuw.png
    I gotta say, considering how much this game was careening into just infinite layers of RNG, I'm really glad the devs put the brakes on it and have allowed for more deterministic play. The community really belabored this and only the noisy few kept complaining the deterministic play would ruin the "essence of POE."

I think I might have been one of those douchebags at one point, unfortunately enough.

There's still a fucking ton of RNG that I think could get the heave-ho, but most of it is buried in older content like Abyss or Harbinger and not really reflective of the new stuff.

well i mean this is the major feedback from harvest right

people loved the deterministic crafting elements -> thus the new maven orb etc and the harvest reinclusion as the deterministic crafting vs growing ur PLONTS.

It feels good to have some sort of control over your destiny, and it feels good to get wicked drops right when you're also working towards crafts.

The new map skill tree is probably my favorite thing since Delve.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Oh piss-eggs I forgot how much work I have these next three-four weeks. Thanks Cyberpunk 2077.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

Haven't heard the specifics, but my guess is probably not much. I haven't done summoner since the Animate Weapon redo, so I might have missed some massive nerf?

I feel like they're generally okay with where summoner is at, and they're trying to cut off the outliers as it were.

No news is good news they've been nerfing summoner last few leagues from what little I have followed this year.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited January 2021
    Game Imbalance Manifesto!
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3008718

Earthshatter now has slightly more variance on the distance spikes appear from the initial slam location and the explosion radius for spikes has been slightly lowered. The intent of these changes is to reduce the spike explosion overlap, particularly on large single targets.
    BANNED
    Small Passive Skills on Cluster Jewels that granted increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills and increased effect of your Curses now grant 3%
    BANNED
    Contagion has had a small reduction to the skill’s radius. In combination with Essence Drain, it has consistently been one of the most efficient skills to clear packs of monsters.
    BANNED, BANNED
    Martyr of Innocence and Disintegrator no longer grant added damage with spells.
    BAAANNED
    Carrion Golems and Stone Golems have had their damage reduced at all levels
    IT'S BANNED
    The Impaler Keystone now prevents Call of Steel from removing Impales from enemies for 4 seconds after you Impale them
    OBVIOUSLY
    Quartz Infusion on the Raider now grants Phasing at all times, and a 15% chance to dodge attack and spell hits.
    Finally she gets some love
    Master of Metal has had one additional impale hit and its chance to impale removed
    Somewhat okay - it was difficult NOT to overshoot 100% chance to impale, like with bleed. The Watcher's with "More impales on enemies if you have Pride" is either going to crash or skyrocket in price.

Absalon on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm glad I got in an Alberon's Replica boots build while it was still absolutely bonkers.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    yay frostbomb owns now

obF2Wuw.png
    edited January 2021
    yay frostbomb owns now

It's going to be real popular leveling at the very least. But in this league it might be real good for chilling and slowing all the scary bosses so they don't boss you right in your face.

EDIT: REWORKED ASCENDANCIES
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3008762

Yeah poe.ninja stats are going to be different this league.

Absalon on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    They...nerfed max block Gladiator?

What

Okay, yes, it's only removing the 40% increased damage if you haven't blocked recently, but like

What

Nobody:
    Absolutely No-one:
    Even the people who remember block is a thing that exists:
    GGG: *swings nerfbat*

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Raider just having Onslaught and Phasing all the time now is pretty neat. You can go really, really fast with that much Onslaught effect.

Characters
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Think I'm playing Pledge of Hands Ice Nova Hierophant again. Haven't done it since before they added Archmage so that'll be fun.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    They...nerfed max block Gladiator?

What

Okay, yes, it's only removing the 40% increased damage if you haven't blocked recently, but like

What

Nobody:
    Absolutely No-one:
    Even the people who remember block is a thing that exists:
    GGG: *swings nerfbat*

Max block gladiator has won like almost every race since sirus was released

J3qcnBP.png
    if u play a character that has defensive stats u gave up

obF2Wuw.png

Look, I like the block sound effect okay

Characters
    Aegis wrote: »

Look, I like the block sound effect okay

in the end u dig ur own grave

obF2Wuw.png
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Serker buffs

Buffs to totem chieftain

Its a good day to be frost

J3qcnBP.png
    edited January 2021
    Assassin got shredded

Crippl3 on
    edited January 2021
    Yeah a LOT of people are going to say "TR/CA it is!" and then go Raider (Phasing? Yum in this league), PF (free life for a swig, poison prolif) or Deadeye (Mirage buddies, Wind Ward, Kintsugi, Wind Dancer, Acro, Phase Acro, ROFL), so that will make related uniques, jewels and enchantments expensive. Inquisitor could be good but not everyone likes mixing attacks and spells.

Chief will be good but off-meta, as usual. Assassin got assassinated. Necro still good but definitely weakened. Elementalist dark horse this league, with cold to slow threats down?

Absalon on
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Hm, do I want to start going for Oro Flicker, HOWA Charged Dash, Bodyswap wand stuff, or Herald/DomBlow minions. Or try to get one of the flying sword Steel abilities to work well for me finally.

Or come up with something exceptionally dumb and relatively ineffectual, like some way to spawn minions with a movement ability that isn't cyclone.

Guess I need to look closely at the ascensions available for female characters.

Kamar on
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Sorry I didn't come back for the events, everyone! I will, of course, be hanging out in the new league for at least a week, as is tradition.

I am accepting applications for new thread titles!

Steam: Spawnbroker
    I can't decide on a build yet, I am in the Crackling Lance Changes Waiting Room

edited January 2021
    mcnufib6phqe.png

Scion spin-to-win for a league starter confirmed.

Edit: Ah bugger I forgot about Tailwind and channeling. Slayer/Raider cyclone is gonna be dope with that life leech back in play.

Unless they nerf cyclone

jungleroomx on
    How dumb is Blackflame Ignite Occultist?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Brody wrote: »
    How dumb is Blackflame Ignite Occultist?

Depends on Ignite

I was just thinking with the Wither conversation, and occultist giving negative chaos resistance, it might be good. I'm trying to think through the maths though, and it makes my head hurt.

Increased fire damage scales your hits, as well as presumably reduced fire resistance, giving you bigger ignites, which benefit from increased chaos damage/damage over time, and reduced chaos resistance...

Apparently Hrimsorrow converts cold damage to fire damage for burn, so I wonder if you could double dip on elemental damage increases... Glacial Cascade ignite chaos damage?

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I think Trickster finally got hit with enough nerfbats that I'll be playing Occultists from now on (and maybe Elementalists)

edited January 2021
    I wonder how an EA/Blackflame would work out

jungleroomx on
    martyr if innocence adds about twice as much damage to spells now unless they change the numbers

it was 400-600 to attacks but only about 300 to spells, but with battlemage...

disintegrator on the other hand has suffered a slight nerf cos its attack phys was lower than the spell phys

obF2Wuw.png
    I am slightly less impressed with Inquisitor because you need to attack four times to get Fanaticism for 4 seconds. Will have to hear what others think and how build guides look.

No news is good news they've been nerfing summoner last few leagues from what little I have followed this year.

Carry on:

h4ky09d4s1v4.png

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Carry on:

h4ky09d4s1v4.png

This won't significantly affect Zombies/Spectres/Golems. The direct nerfs to Golems and Spectres though, will definitely have more effect.

Also, I just realized that with Elementalist, you can just skip Stormfire/Hrimsburn. Every hit ignites... So just work on making those hits big and juicy.

Carry on:

h4ky09d4s1v4.png

Summoner is still gonna wreck shit