As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Truer than any of us probably wants to admit:

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Got my Impulsor model today. Been wanting to roll one of these in to my army for a while. Plan to run a 5-man Bladeguard Veteran squad with a Primaris Captain w/ Rites of War for obsec. Basically send them flying off to the weak side of the board to hold a deep objective.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Bladeguard vet squad has won me not one but two games with my deathwatch. Between being able to make them Blood Angels and a few other tricks like giving them a 5+++ and fight first I can do a ton of damage and hold the board. They have taken not one but two big knights down on their own.

Just a fantastic unit. I want them in real life but haven't brought myself to buy a marine half of indomitus.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    E - wrong thread

In other news, having a socially distanced match in my buddies carport on Monday. Pretty stoked.

Playing with some greater daemons but I've never used before so it should be interesting

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The assault primaris coming to kill team will be interesting since my brother and I were building stepped up kill team home brew chapters

• MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    Just double-checking but Acolyte Hybrids are now the best troops unit in the game, yeah? Maybe behind new Wracks?

uH3IcEi.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The assault primaris coming to kill team will be interesting since my brother and I were building stepped up kill team home brew chapters

They fill the biggest weak point for KT astartes

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Bladeguard vet squad has won me not one but two games with my deathwatch. Between being able to make them Blood Angels and a few other tricks like giving them a 5+++ and fight first I can do a ton of damage and hold the board. They have taken not one but two big knights down on their own.

Just a fantastic unit. I want them in real life but haven't brought myself to buy a marine half of indomitus.

They've straight up won me a couple of games as well, and play some kind of vital role in every win I've had in 9th. They are just a stout unit, really hard to shift if they don't want to move and will cut a lot of other units to ribbons. Especially with a Captain around for re-rolls. Having the master-crafted power swords is a huge deal.

And this is as Ultramarines without a lot of the fun assault buffs. Though they are wonderful targets for the Fallback and Re-engage stratagem from the UM supplement.

e: Also a great unit to stick an Apothecary next to, for really obvious reasons.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Details for the Death Guard Box dropped. 30 Poxwalkers, 7 Marines, Typhus, and the Grenade Elite dude.

I'm 50/50 on it. Already have 30 Poxwalkers but could potentially use more depending on the changes. I have a hunch that the, giving away so many means they're not giving them the FNP. Cheap T5 bodies might be interesting but I have to assume they're getting some new strats or something.

Don't need the grenade dude so maybe that's a way to get some value if I sell it.

I feel the combat patrol box is the new start collecting ideal Gw is going to push

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    That combat patrol box is dumb. A special character and three quarters of the models not actually death guard.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I feel the combat patrol box is the new start collecting ideal Gw is going to push

GW said a while back that the 40K Start Collecting boxes would be replaced by Combat Patrol boxes as each one is released. Death Guard never had a true Start Collecting, but they had Know No Fear, which was significantly better (it was basically Start Collecting Death Guard and Start Collecting Space Marines in the same box, for $80). If there is a Start Collecting box you are thinking of getting, I would recommend getting it very soon, because at some point this year it's going to disappear.
    honovere wrote: »
    That combat patrol box is dumb. A special character and three quarters of the models not actually death guard.

I think we're going to see some really awkward boxes as GW tries to figure out how to select roughly 500 points of models that have a roughly $180-$200 value into each Combat Patrol box. I think that it's a bad decision to crank up the price of your "starter" box from $90-$100 all the way to $140 in our current economic situation.

SmokeStacks on
    I haven't seen the new patrol box yet. What's in it?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    I haven't seen the new patrol box yet. What's in it?

JAVX5etleCHx6RTD.jpg

-30 pox walkers
    -Typhus
    -Foul blightbringer (grenade dude)
    -7 Plague Marines

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Man, more poxwalker model options

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Thats a lot of pox walkers

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    having a horde of poxwalkers burst from the ground on top of an opponents rear objective with typhus deepstriking in for good measure was hilarious fun the one time I got to try it before everything locked down.

they are/were not the most efficient.... or really all that good, but a bunch of 5 toughness* chaff with DR is a pain to move off an objective.

I am jealous that there are now easy options to get a bunch of them that do not involve ending up with a lot of unwanted space marines.

*Typhus aura + Putrescent Vitality

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    The Genestealer Cult Start Collecting box could probably just be renamed to a combat patrol box. It’s already a HQ, 2 Troops and a Fast Attack.

Is it also 25PL? I think that's the claimed target of the new boxes I think

I would really like to see if the new DG HQ has his own special rules or if he's a generic lord for the new codex

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    honovere wrote: »
    Is it also 25PL? I think that's the claimed target of the new boxes I think

All it takes is a box of Purestrains to hit 22pl. If they want to hit 25 exactly, also a second Hybrid Acolyte sprue.

This is actually how they did Genestealer Cult in their ‘how to expand a Start Collecting box to 25pl’ article.

-Loki- on
    Khraul wrote: »
    I would really like to see if the new DG HQ has his own special rules or if he's a generic lord for the new codex

I think he's supposed to do something with demon engines? Not that you could tell by his looks, he seem really generic.

Still I am curious about the Drukhari one upcoming as the current start collecting box is a good start for a wych cult
    g8azcfbtmjzf.png

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/01/11/7-of-the-most-gruesome-new-rules-for-the-death-guard/

More nurgle special rules

Mortarion comes with 3 warlord traits and can take a 4th one from any of the subfactions.
    Deathshroud get 3" range on their contagion
    Poxwalkers T4
    Drones with mowers get 12 attacks

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Ugh, I haven't played in the longest. Need to boot up the computer.

We should all play / stream games due to Covid :(.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

This is some kind of xeno/psyker detecting cyber cat, right?
    Ceramite reinforced skeleton and power claws?
    Might have a cybernetic eye or something?

Nope, just a cat getting scritches from a space marine.

d'awww...

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

This is some kind of xeno/psyker detecting cyber cat, right?
    Ceramite reinforced skeleton and power claws?
    Might have a cybernetic eye or something?

Nope, just a cat getting scritches from a space marine.

d'awww...

It is a GSC infiltrator rubbing pheromones onto a target for a Purestrain to hunt down.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    So wie he purestrain can get some scritches, too? Right?

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    So I just found something strange on my attack bike sprue that I just got from my LGS...

The multi-melta had strange brown gunk on it, an oily substance that stuck to the plastic something fierce. I could almost fully remove it, using dish soap and my fingernails, but there's still a small film in the crevices of the part. Kinda annoying. I suspect it's some kind of machine lubricant, but it's only a wild guess.

Has anybody else experienced something similar?

Children's rights are human rights.
    Elaro wrote: »
    So I just found something strange on my attack bike sprue that I just got from my LGS...

The multi-melta had strange brown gunk on it, an oily substance that stuck to the plastic something fierce. I could almost fully remove it, using dish soap and my fingernails, but there's still a small film in the crevices of the part. Kinda annoying. I suspect it's some kind of machine lubricant, but it's only a wild guess.

Has anybody else experienced something similar?

Not that specifically but I have had burnt (as in literally sooty) sections of sprue before. Sometimes the cooling pumps can’t keep up and the moulds get too hot and weird things happen.

GW will replace it for you. Likely the whole box.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2021
    I’ll likely get the DG box I’ve decided - need more marines for weapon options, at which point there’s some efficiency if I sell the other character than typhus

Vanguard on
    Played a physically distanced match of 40k in a buddies carport today. It was good to get a match in as we haven't played in over a month.

His GK Vs my Daemons (crusade format, 50pl).
    He brought Voldus, an apothicary, termies (deepstriking), two 3-man pally squads and a baby-carrier
    I brought an exalted Keeper, exalted Bloodthirster, nurgling blobs, screamers, flesh hounds, kharanak and skulltaker. (It's been way too long since we played and I completely forgot named characters can't net XP. Kinda bummed about that).

I've collected a decent amount of daemons models to play alongside my CSM but I've never played a full daemons army and never played with any of my big daemons. Turns out they're good.

Mission was The Relic from the core book. Progressive scoring for grabbing the relic in the center of the map and running off with it. Endgame scoring for holding it or being nearest to it.
    The board was fairly terrain dense. Enough to block lines of sight and to make it a bit tough for me to maneuver the bigguns.

Turn one I went first and basically waved my turn. Got stuff hidden behind obstructing terrain and that was it. Little stuff midboard and big stuff not far from my deployment. He moved up, smited and shot some nurglings. I denied some key powers with good rolling (and shit rolling on his part).

Turn two was a full court press. His pally squads were in out front of voldus, the apothecary and baby carrier in a decent choke point. My nurglings, and keeper charged the squad on the right (jesus keepers are fast), flesh hounds and (with a very lucky roll) the Thirster charged the pallys on the left. Kharanak made a very long charge from behind terrain and got into his backline on the apothecary who only had two wounds left from a savage perils during turn 1. You can guess how things went. Both pally squads wilted. The apothecary knocked a couple wounds off Kharanak who killed him in turn (thanks in part to the +1 to wound his marked target). Skulltaker being my only infantry model grabbed the relic in the centre.

Bottom of turn two the baby carrier shot and smashed the Thirster to death, Voldus rotated back to kill Kharanak knowing he couldn't face the Keeper. His psychic phase was mixed with my flesh hounds positioned to soak smites and my Keeper absolutely denying his Inner Fire with a 12 vs his 10 (after modifiers). That was a real gut-punch. I Cp'd rezzed the thirster back into the centre of the board at the end of my next movement. His termies jumped in midboard but failed a rerolled charge to get stuck in with Skulltaker.

Turn three Skulltaker ran for the hills, the Thirster popped back in the middle of the board to be a big scary threat but failed his charge back into the baby carrier even after the CP reroll (rolled an 8 twice... very Khorne but not very effective). My Keeper annihilated Voldus and the flesh hounds bogged down the baby-carrier. His termies moved in and charged the Thirster... knocked it half to death and then four of five were killed in reprisal.

Turn four the Keeper murdered the baby carrier and the lone termy died as well.

The game was over long before turn four but we played it out anyway. It was good to roll some dice, even if it was a bit one sided.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

A closer reading of the announcement indicates that everything from indomitus will be getting killteam rules

This includes things like the 80pt Reanimator or the 50pt Primaris bikes or the 35pt Scarabs.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski

A closer reading of the announcement indicates that everything from indomitus will be getting killteam rules

This includes things like the 80pt Reanimator or the 50pt Primaris bikes or the 35pt Scarabs.

Its likely "everything". I'd be fairly surprised if they really bring vehicles into it.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    I already do that with silly games of Stop the Stompa and the horde of tyranids vs a wraith knight

• pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    I wonder what's gonna happen to the units exclusive to Start Collecting boxes when we make the swap over to Combat Patrols.

Like the Master of Possession + Obliterators in the old Shadowspear half. Will they get their own kits? The MoP is its own sprue but not the Oblits.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    pardzh wrote: »
    I wonder what's gonna happen to the units exclusive to Start Collecting boxes when we make the swap over to Combat Patrols.

Like the Master of Possession + Obliterators in the old Shadowspear half. Will they get their own kits? The MoP is its own sprue but not the Oblits.

Who knows. It's still impossible to get a new Lord of Contagion or Captain in Gravis armor, and those models originally released in Dark Imperium.

Or deffkoptas...