As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Cyberpunk 2077] Delisted on PSN in 2020, post-final release pushed back 57 years

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    So how come some people are doing well with it?

What have they figured out others havent?

These are completely straight questions btw. What's going on here? Conflicting reports.

Some people are probably building their character to support it better. It counts as a blunt weapon so people that invest points into Body and Street Brawler in addition to Cool are going to get better results than people that only invest points into Cool.

It was already explained and that wasn't the explanation.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Ending/DLC stuff
    The DLC has to be post-ending somehow, or you're going to run into one really big problem. Keanu Reeves is expensive and anything that isn't post-ending that doesn't have Johnny Silverhand in it is going to feel super empty and weird.

It's been an open secret for years that DLC is carved out of games, not cooked up from scratch after release. If they need a particular voice actor for DLC, they already got those lines.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Something I love in this game that I haven't seen anyone mention is the way skipping dialogue works. In every other game I've played, skipping dialogue just instantly jumps to the next line, so you miss anything physical they do. The fast forward effect is so good and every game should do it.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Something I love in this game that I haven't seen anyone mention is the way skipping dialogue works. In every other game I've played, skipping dialogue just instantly jumps to the next line, so you miss anything physical they do. The fast forward effect is so good and every game should do it.

The one downside: I really wish it weren't on the sneak/duck button.

The amount of dialogue I've missed because a character is talking while I am setting up for combat and thus press crouch or they are talking after combat and I try to crouch to pick something up..

You'd think I'd learn but that's a lot of years of muscle memory there!

As for the DLC stuff..
    They make a point of V having an engram whether they ends up back in their body or not. That is a very easy workaround for all sorts of stuff as others have mentioned. Plus it feels like the perfect hook for a continued story. Plus even the Rogue AI bit we talked about earlier as a DLC hook. They have all these hooks set up to go. It would feel weird not to use them instead just plop content in the middle. Like, why write those hooks in the first place?

Not saying it won't happen. But it's not so easily dismissed as some people are saying. It's not hard to make it work and they already have a set-up that they chose to put in knowing that they were working on DLC and already knowing what those DLC chapters would be.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

The amount of dialogue I've missed because a character is talking while I am setting up for combat and thus press crouch or they are talking after combat and I try to crouch to pick something up..

As for the DLC stuff..
    They make a point of V having an engram whether they ends up back in their body or not. That is a very easy workaround for all sorts of stuff as others have mentioned. Plus it feels like the perfect hook for a continued story. Plus even the Rogue AI bit we talked about earlier as a DLC hook. They have all these hooks set up to go. It would feel weird not to use them instead just plop content in the middle. Like, why write those hooks in the first place?

Not saying it won't happen. But it's not so easily dismissed as some people are saying. It's not hard to make it work and they already have a set-up that they chose to put in knowing that they were working on DLC and already knowing what those DLC chapters would be.

Yeah, I got stuck in a few convos where I was crouching and I pressed C to not crouch and skipped important dialogue sometimes, just catching a glimpse of the subs.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

As for the DLC stuff..

Yeah, I got stuck in a few convos where I was crouching and I pressed C to not crouch and skipped important dialogue sometimes, just catching a glimpse of the subs.

Oh yea that happened a lot too.

I was already crouching and it made the convo feel pretty silly.

And I would automatically press it and skip.

Or the times I remembered I would then still just be stuck staring up for the convo which was still not ideal.

I never accidentally skipped dialogue because I changed crouch to left ctrl. What kind of nonsense is C for crouch (unless you need a zillion buttons like in Arma)?

I never accidentally skipped dialogue because I changed crouch to left ctrl. What kind of nonsense is C for crouch (unless you need a zillion buttons like in Arma)?

On console you can't rebind (unless im blind).

Whompwhomp.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

Whompwhomp.

You only can rebind by messing with an XML file. I did it for... I can't even remember. But some key was shared with another which is common in this game.

edited January 2021

Whompwhomp.

You only can rebind by messing with an XML file. I did it for... I can't even remember. But some key was shared with another which is common in this game.

I didn't change any XML files. Left ctrl was crouch, but C was still skip dialogue.

BionicPenguin on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I still remember the one joke/dialogue option I actually got physically angry at

"Oh no, Ursa major leak!"

*picture JRX sitting stone still at his computer with a look of utter disdain*

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

C for Crouch makes tons of sense to me.

C for Skip Dialog on the other hand... that's some diabolical shit.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    C for crouch is fine, it's right there next to where my thumb is already resting on the space bar. Actually better than ctrl for an action i'm going to be doing frequently since my pinkie hates moving around.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Left-Control(Ctrl) has been the quintessential crouch default for WASD configurations for decades (num-padders would use 0 or some abomination there-in for it)

Like, I'll hit it out of instinct and if I'm not crouching in games like CP2077 I'll go look for it in the bindings and change it.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I vastly prefer C for crouch, but yeah CP was weird about it. During convos C becomes skip and Hold C becomes crouch. So off putting.

I would of preferred skip to be Hold C. Maybe it was done that way for heathens that don't use toggle crouch.

EDIT: Spelt crouch so many times the word looks weird to me...

Dixon on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

C for Crouch makes tons of sense to me.

C for Skip Dialog on the other hand... that's some diabolical shit.

C for CONTINUE SPEAKING, MAGGOT

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I vastly prefer C for crouch. Reaching down to ctrl with my pinky has never felt as natural to me. I'll do it if that's what the game has as the default (I rarely rebind things), but I find C very natural.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    I vastly prefer C for crouch, but yeah CP was weird about it. During convos C becomes skip and Hold C becomes crouch. So off putting.

I would of preferred skip to be Hold C. Maybe it was done that way for heathens that don't use toggle crouch.

EDIT: Spelt crouch so many times the word looks weird to me...

Wait, hold-c still works for crouch in convos?

that's... that's somehow worse

• BladeXBladeX Registered User regular

Whompwhomp.

I did that for the damn double tap dodge, I should change crouch or skip dialogue as well as that shit is definitely annoying.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I wish i knew that before getting stuck in convo's crouched unable to stand up because the crouch key now skips dialogue instead

wbBv3fj.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that makes no sense to me. If they wanted to use C for skip (which is very strange), it should've been hold-C and not a dynamic remap of C.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    C for Crotch

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I still remember the one joke/dialogue option I actually got physically angry at

Panam's ultimate dad joke. As an astronomy/space nerd that one made me audibly groan too. :)

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Zilla360 wrote: »

Panam's ultimate dad joke. As an astronomy/space nerd that one made me audibly groan too. :)

The absolute best part is the face Panam makes after that joke. That's when I knew she was the best relationship in videogames.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »

The absolute best part is the face Panam makes after that joke. That's when I knew she was the best relationship in videogames.

Yeah but
    THREESOME WITH A TANK no

Like just no man, I like tanks, but I don't like tanks!

Tanks, but no tanks!

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I'm just glad
    the tank didn't shoot

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    dporowski wrote: »

Yeah but
    THREESOME WITH A TANK no

Tanks, but no tanks!
    The tank wasn't an actual partner. It is in my opinion equal to fucking while on drugs.
    It's also strange that after completing the questline you can't put in more tank time together. Wink wink nudge nudge

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I think Panam's fixation on the thank is unhealthy and should be addressed

respectfully yours

Spaffy

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Yeah but
    THREESOME WITH A TANK no

Tanks, but no tanks!
    The tank wasn't an actual partner. It is in my opinion equal to fucking while on drugs.
    It's also strange that after completing the questline you can't put in more tank time together. Wink wink nudge nudge

Yeaaaaaah
    but the tank sure seemed to be watching. From multiple angles. With zoom. No way that thing didn't have at least as much (if not more) AI than my bike does...

Spaffy wrote: »
    I think Panam's fixation on the thank is unhealthy and should be addressed

respectfully yours

Spaffy

I dunno

I'm pretty ok with a girl that's really into hover tanks

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I wonder if the devs who put that scene together, like me, saw the Tank Girl movie an impressionable age. It would explain so many things.

"I see everything twice!"

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Finished this last night, somewhere around 100 hours, with a mantis blade/sandevistan build.

Loved it. Really loved it.

Making a new character now so I can do it all again... gonna go full hacking this time and melt some brains.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • RiboflavinRiboflavin Registered User regular
    Finished this last night, somewhere around 100 hours, with a mantis blade/sandevistan build.

Making a new character now so I can do it all again... gonna go full hacking this time and melt some brains.

I finished yesterday as Shooty Mc SmartSMG and was pretty satisfied with the ending. I want to do a full Hacker run next but I am going to wait for the January(?) patch.

Along the way, I had to use a save game editor to progress past "Answer the call from Mr.Hand.", Had a gig I had already done pop up on the map in a broken state, had it autosave in a hole where I would fall through the bottom of the map, killed multiple people with a non-lethal weapon while I was trying to keep them alive, resulting in reloads and several times where Iran into the back of a car and clipped through them, getting stuck inside them. I want to see what its like in a more polished state.

• mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Riboflavin wrote: »

I finished yesterday as Shooty Mc SmartSMG and was pretty satisfied with the ending. I want to do a full Hacker run next but I am going to wait for the January(?) patch.

Along the way, I had to use a save game editor to progress past "Answer the call from Mr.Hand.", Had a gig I had already done pop up on the map in a broken state, had it autosave in a hole where I would fall through the bottom of the map, killed multiple people with a non-lethal weapon while I was trying to keep them alive, resulting in reloads and several times where Iran into the back of a car and clipped through them, getting stuck inside them. I want to see what its like in a more polished state.

Yeah I had to roll back some saves due to the bugs. I also finished, not sure if it's the right ending for my V but I don't have all the pre-reqs for the secret ending.

May give it another go once some major patches drop.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Favorite part of the Delamain quest ending
    The emotional music plays, V and Excelsior have a sweet convo, everything cascades into a charged crescendo

"The road awaits." you hear, as you slowly pull out of the garage, sun gleaming, into the waiting world and then.... get out, call the car you'd rather drive, and leave the Delamain behind

Womp womp sucks to suck car bro

Also this song is super good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo4flxOo5Ew

jungleroomx on
    Oh yea that's the one side quest line I didn't get to do and I am really sad about it.

I got the delamain call bug so I just could not do them sadly.

Did every other gig and sidequest though.

Favorite part of the Delamain quest ending
    The emotional music plays, V and Excelsior have a sweet convo, everything cascades into a charged crescendo

"The road awaits." you hear, as you slowly pull out of the garage, sun gleaming, into the waiting world and then.... get out, call the car you'd rather drive, and leave the Delamain behind

Womp womp sucks to suck car bro

Also this song is super good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo4flxOo5Ew

Yeah I actually felt kind of bad about that but

Look, my Javelin is my Javelin

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I do appreciate how certain quests, like the second delamain one, have effective bypass conditions.
    I had shock immunity the second time i did the quest. Walked right though everything right to the end of the quest

wbBv3fj.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    If the Delamain quest had ended with a smart car that taxis you around the city while you don't have to drive it and can just look out the window and enjoy the scenery I might have used it

Massive missed opportunity but then I guess they would have had to program in some car AI...

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I wasn't super-thrilled with the music at first - partly because on PS5 at least, the sound mixing in cars seriously prioritizes the sound of the engine (and everything else) over the music. I had to force the volume for everything but music and radio down to like 50% in the settings to make it better but not perfect.

But the atmospheric music is awesome. The combat music is awesome (when it's smart enough to shut off after combat ends), and the radio stations are... not as good as GTA. Not as good as San Andreas or IV or V.

How the songs are cued up to play in-game, how every radio station begins at the start of its normal playlist every time you start up the game, how "news" interrupts every station at the same time so you can't just switch over to music - how the DJ asks you how your afternoon is at midnight - how you can't skip songs - it's just poorly-executed. The radio stations needed more content and more user-control, period.

And there are some horrible fucking songs. "It begins and it ends and begins with her" needs to get chucked out a fucking window. Everything by Namakopuri (Us Cracks) can go away. Just go away. I have never heard music that made me go "if this is popular, I am old" until I heard this shit. Is anyone actually enjoying these songs in their entirety? Boppin' their heads to it, maybe feelin' it in the hips? I actually want to know so I can stop talking about music forever, 'cause it evokes a literal nails-on-a-chalkboard reaction from me.

But then Rihanna pops up and you're like "wtf, seriously, Rihanna?" and all of the Run the Jewels stuff is really good.
    Keanu Reeves
    cyberarm under my sleeves

I blast 'em all
    watch 'em fall like autumn leaves

damnit I can't leave
    Night City keep callin' me

goddamnit I'm a G
    and this fuck-shit is all I need

life a funky bitch
    an' this bitch ain't divorcin' me

My personal faves are, number one - Best Driving Song, which I bestow upon Bigger Man. No idea who Konrad OldMoney is, but he's got some other very solid songs on here. I have completed the game multiple times and have turned dexterity, body, and int builds into Godly, building-levelling avatars of death - but nothing makes me feel more badass in Cyberpunk than just driving around to this song.

https://youtu.be/sDoBnAyAk5M

big man doin' big man thaaaangs

And second, for some reason - which really annoys me - 4AEM by Grimes. I've never been aware of hearing a Grimes song until now, and prior to this all I knew about her was she married Elon Musk and named her child something very shitty. But I love this song. Which, again, really pisses me off because the person seems insufferable but the song is hot shit.

https://youtu.be/TGwmFIphNcg

This came out like a year ago, apparently. No idea. Just love it.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid