As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I definitely get the feeling Bowser's Fury started as late Odyssey DLC. So late that Nintendo crunched the numbers and figured enough people have moved on from Odyssey and DLC won't have much impact. I'm sure DLC purchases drop at a steady rate the further a game gets from initial release. Better to tack it on 3D World, giving everyone more incentive to buy the port.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I definitely get the feeling Bowser's Fury started as late Odyssey DLC. So late that Nintendo crunched the numbers and figured enough people have moved on from Odyssey and DLC won't have much impact. I'm sure DLC purchases drop at a steady rate the further a game gets from initial release. Better to tack it on 3D World, giving everyone more incentive to buy the port.

The Wii U sold poorly enough that this is practically a new Mario game.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

We're fast approaching XCX being the only game still stuck there.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I need to find a high resolution version of the key art for Bowser's Fury. It's just so good.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular

The 3D World port will sell very well regardless. I think the idea of Bowser’s Fury is to get more former Wii U owners to double dip, not to rope in people who didn’t bother with Wii U.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Ok, so backlog update: I finished Citizens of Space today. Very fun game and an improved battle system and recruit system for the citizens. Some of the areas made the switch chug a bit and I had it error and close out a few times while playing. But the characters were silly and charming and the story was definitely 'inspired' by current political figures for the villain. Fun little RPG to play through.

Now on to Eagle Island and Atalier Ryza for my RPG finally.

Slowly but surely. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

The 3D World port will sell very well regardless. I think the idea of Bowser’s Fury is to get more former Wii U owners to double dip, not to rope in people who didn’t bother with Wii U.

Let's be honest, a 3D World port without Bowser's Fury would sell at least three times the Wii U version, easily.

Granted Nintendo's doing a pretty decent job of offering new material for Wii U ports, but let's not underestimate how the shit Wii U sales makes them the lowest of the lowest-hanging fruit.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I loved 3D World so I'm already going to double dip. Bowser's Fury looks like Odyssey Lite with 3D World mechanics... could be pretty fantastic.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I stl want all the Zeldas to be on the Switch.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    edited January 2021
    I want to know so much more about Bowser's Fury. How extensive is it? Is it just that one (pretty large) world? Is it static or are elements (like collectibles, enemy placement, placement of the doodads you need to collect to unlock Super Sai-nyan Mario) randomized?

It certainly looks like a mode that will spawn a ton of very cool speedruns.

Cruor on
    DoctorArch wrote: »

See, this is how I feel about Mario games, I want them all on the Switch. I want a New Super Mario Collection with DS, 2, and Wii. I know people hate on them, but I love them all.

Also need Galaxy 2 on the Switch still.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I still want a port of Yoshi's Wooly World. That was such a lovely game and while crafted world was adorable... It wasn't really the same.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891

At least Wind Waker HD.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I still want a port of Yoshi's Wooly World. That was such a lovely game and while crafted world was adorable... It wasn't really the same.

Agreed. They should've opted to wait and port/update it for Switch instead of 3DS.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

See, this is how I feel about Mario games, I want them all on the Switch. I want a New Super Mario Collection with DS, 2, and Wii. I know people hate on them, but I love them all.

Also need Galaxy 2 on the Switch still.
    My position is: put everything on the Switch.

Put World of WarCraft on the Switch.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Agreed. They should've opted to wait and port/update it for Switch instead of 3DS.

That was the time Nintendo kept porting all sorts of stuff to the 3DS as an emergency plan B in case Switch flopped.

Which wasn't inherently wrong since no one could have honestly predicted the Switch would work, though it arguably killed Alphadream in the process.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Bowser's Fury looks great! It looks like Odyssey except with platforming (which was my main complaint about Odyssey)

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

...all of them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiRAlNycmww

wVEsyIc.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

...all of them?

Zelda CD-i HD Remaster

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Bowser's Furry lol

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Bowser's Fury looks great! It looks like Odyssey except with platforming (which was my main complaint about Odyssey)

But Odyssey had platforming? Really good platforming.

FFXIV: Agran Trask

...all of them?

Fuck it. Yeah. Nintendo signed that deal, they should own it. "Yeah, look at this fucked up shit. Oh, you beat Wand of Gamelon? Congratulations! Here's your exclusive Breath of the Wild 2 demo!"

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I'd really like to see (and kind of expect, honestly) a Zelda 3D All-Stars with Ocarina, Majora's Mask (maybe), Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. I'd like to see Skyward Sword make the jump because I love it but I don't know how that would work.

Oh and Metroid Prime trilogy already because why hasn't that happened yet?

EDIT: basically let me put my Wii U away already and free up an outlet/HDMI port.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I would actually like to see stuff like that still available somehow. That Mario hotel puzzleish game wasn't going to set the world on fire but it wasn't completely terrible

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

Yeah. Like crafted world was charming but it wasn't exactly hard. I remember Wooly World being a: way way bigger, and b: hard enough I was quite happy to switch to winged Yoshi for most of the late game cos ooof

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Yeah that definitely looks like the Odyssey engine + new world in the same style.

Actually I would guess Bowser Jr. as a partner is using some of Cappy's 2 player mode code.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Matt pulled this completely out of his ass (the press release bit). I need you all to laugh along with me anytime someone mentions this so called translation.

I really hope that this version of Bowser is referenced in Smash Ultimate somehow. I know recently they added a variation of Cloud's Final Smash based on what costume he is wearing, maybe they could do the same with Bowser.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    I really hope that this version of Bowser is referenced in Smash Ultimate somehow. I know recently they added a variation of Cloud's Final Smash based on what costume he is wearing, maybe they could do the same with Bowser.

I wouldn't be surprised if at best we get a spirit

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA

I wouldn't be surprised if at best we get a spirit

Yeah, you're probably right, but I can dream!

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Yeah. Like crafted world was charming but it wasn't exactly hard. I remember Wooly World being a: way way bigger, and b: hard enough I was quite happy to switch to winged Yoshi for most of the late game cos ooof

I actually like that the Yoshi games are very easy. As a parent, it's really cool that there is a game series from Nintendo that is very approachable to kids. My 5-year old loves Yoshi and it feels like the right amount of challenge for her. Now if I could only get her to stop being afraid of getting hit or dying. :biggrin:

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Yeah, I like that too, having an entire series or two (Yoshi and Kirby) devoted to cute easy gameplay means they can more confidently deliver interesting, challenging gameplay in other series. I feel like Mario has gotten a lot better on this front, perhaps for this reason.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    TimFiji wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Oh no you don't Nintendo! I fell for this trick last time with the Mario 35 pins. I know your stock levels for these pins are probably countable on two hands.

Fool me once!

It's impossible for me to even qualify for the 15 missions needed. Booooo

Yeah even if I do every mission that is still available it bring me to 14 of the 15 missions needed, super lame.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    It's amazing how much better Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is compared to the Avengers game. Like it's night and day.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

I kinda doubt it. I was hoping to see Meowser in ultimate, but they stuck with Giga Bowser.

...all of them?

Fuck it. Yeah. Nintendo signed that deal, they should own it. "Yeah, look at this fucked up shit. Oh, you beat Wand of Gamelon? Congratulations! Here's your exclusive Breath of the Wild 2 demo!"

Wand of Gamelon is easy mode. Try Zelda’s Adventure. That one isn’t even goofy and weird. It is so horrifically dull that even trying to laugh at how bad it is is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone. They could release BOTW2 a year early, and lock it behind Zelda’s Adventure, and it would stay right where it is.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

I kinda doubt it. I was hoping to see Meowser in ultimate, but they stuck with Giga Bowser.

...all of them?

Wand of Gamelon is easy mode. Try Zelda’s Adventure. That one isn’t even goofy and weird. It is so horrifically dull that even trying to laugh at how bad it is is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone. They could release BOTW2 a year early, and lock it behind Zelda’s Adventure, and it would stay right where it is.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXVZVCoaxM4

wVEsyIc.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Gotta be honest, kind of like the old ones more

They're uniquely awful

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, this thing is never gonna get a project like that.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3O_ZPR2q7cg