As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Defeated Fire Odin x2; magic team, physical team

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    How do you avoid spending 50 more mythril for a fourth shot at Banner 5?

By throwing 60 mythril at the discounted realm/elemental banners, of course!

Ice: Matoya AOSB (dupe), Laguna USB1 (imperil), Josef AOSB, Trey AASB2
    Lightning: Kain BSB (dupe), Lightning BSB2 (dupe), Lightning OSB (dupe), Raijin LMR (en-lightning), Reno BUSB
    Wind: Vaan AASB1 (dupe), Emperor Glint
    Dark: Zeid USB, Exdeath AOSB

Nothing super crazy, but I now have both of Trey's AASBs so he's going into the shortlist for 6* motes. Raijin's LMR is pretty good too, as I have his AASB and his still-useful SSB.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    IX discount draw: Marcus USB, and Eiko's OTHER awakening, which looks to be the non-crappy one.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Daily drop of Ramza’s Arcane? Yeah, I’ll take it. Good for Holy and good for FFT.

• Options
    Daily 6* hit here, too - Tellah AOSB!

• Options
    Daily hit here, as well.

Eiko LMR dupe. Oh well!

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Alright, I'm thinking of taking another crack at Odin, specifically MAG Lightning weak. This would be my 1st clear, so no Odin available to me.

So far I've got:
    DPS: Ashe Sync1, AASB, G+, USB1
    Vivi AASB2, Glint2, USB3, AOSB, LBO
    Totto AASB, USB
    Edge G+1, AASB, USB0

Chain: Garnet G+, CSB, BSB2
    Desch CSB, USB, AASB

Support: Edward AASB, USB

Elarra (G+, AASB, USB1)

My choices are which Chain (Desch isn't the windmill slam because he lacks a RB for +HP and is rather squishy, and Garnet can carry Dispel)

Do I run Edward or a 3rd DPS (very unsure of Edward's force multiplier. If the fight goes long he's less useful)

Ashe is probably a lock for DPS. I'm torn between Totto or Vivi. Vivi has more stuff, but Totto's HA has extra hits. Edge would replace Edward in all likelihood.

Maybe something like:
    Edge HA/SiT
    Garnet Ixion/Dispel
    Ashe Thundaja
    Vivi Voltech
    Elarra Hymn/AcM
    Ramuh/Wall
    Leviathan, Madeen x3

Not sure if this can get past 80% before Zantetsuken, how to handle slots 2/4 dying (hold back Vivi AASB?), and if there's enough gas to make it to the end.

• Options
    What I've been doing with my phsyical Wind team (and this is probably applicable to Garnet) is to accept that I'm not avoiding that Zantetsuken, and to allow 2/4 to die as part of the strategy. I put Faris (my chain holder) and Tyro (my support) in those slots, and don't use the chain or Tyro's awakening until *after* they die to Zantetsuken. Right after that goes off, I revive them with Elarra's Awakening, and then turn on the chain and awakening and let the DPS get going. Before Faris dies, she uses her USB to hit him with Imperil (Garnet and Desch have that option as well), and then uses the Chain after she revives.

The issue there is that it does necessitate going very fast after that. I'm dying to Argent Warp midway through, and that's with Cloud.

• Options
    Garnet probably seems like a better choice for chain since you can lens a USB if you have the spare meter. I also wouldn't bother with Edward since Garnet can also use 5* Bard along with Dispel, so you've got ACM and mage buff covered. For DPS, Ashe/Vivi/Edge seem like your best shot - Shantotto's got good stuff, but she has a harder time breaking rage with Witch skills and it's also annoying trying to remember when you need to use a QC versus the long-cast skills while ACM is going on. Edge is the easy bet for breaking rage with his HA (or even Lightning Veil!).

• Options
    Alright! OK. I made it to 9.6% on phsyical Wind-weak AOdin. I think this is possible. What I need is to get Braver and Pirate's Cannon to rank 5, and to get a proper Wind Artifact sword for Cloud, since overkill for Cloud is basically not possible. And then I just need to work on timing things correctly. Using Cloud's Arcane at the right moment is gonna be critical, and I'll want to find a moment to use a second Dispel in the final phase.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I went without Wall for the lightning magic team. Usually, I put folks in 2/4 who are the least problematic when they die - folks who aren't going to be trying to stack element auras or bard songs, etc. And have those folks sit on AASBs until after they're revived.

Edge is super great, you definitely want him on the team, last stand helps a ton and he can also blink the early Graviga as a bonus. If it were me, I'd try to make Desch work, even with the lower HP, just because having machinist access will help so much. Plus, he adds a little bonus speed to the party with USB. Definitely want Ashe for having two cap breaks (probably use separately). If all of that Vivi stuff listed is for lightning, he's probably a good pick to round out.

Vivi and Ashe in 1/3
    Edge and Desch in 2/4
    Elarra in 5

Give Ashe the dispel, and see if you can get away with not dispelling at 20%

Fry on
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Yeah Desch is probably better to bring a few more imperils. Do you have a way to keep enlightning up on vivi? I don't recall him having a USB for that really.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Oh, also: my most recent clears (which, yes, have Odin in them) I've been going with a plan of pushing to 75%, pausing, then turning on the full DPS to beat the second Zantetsuken. A thing that just occurred to me while thinking about this: if you can't get below 80% in the first 12 turns, it's a big ask to get below 30% by turn 24. Especially with Achromatic Aegis at 75% to block progress for a couple turns.

• Options
    Vivi's Spontaneity Glint gives him Twin Element mode for Ice/Lightning, making him gain an appropriate aura if his next action is an ability in one of those two elements. His Tipping Point Awakening gives him the same mode, so he can get a Lightning aura 4 times in one battle.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Oh, also: my most recent clears (which, yes, have Odin in them) I've been going with a plan of pushing to 75%, pausing, then turning on the full DPS to beat the second Zantetsuken. A thing that just occurred to me while thinking about this: if you can't get below 80% in the first 12 turns, it's a big ask to get below 30% by turn 24. Especially with Achromatic Aegis at 75% to block progress for a couple turns.

Yeah it's only real whales that get to 30% that fast, I just did a lot of recasting around 70% hp and then kept going after that.

• Options
  • Options
    I did it!

6285-F197-3-F72-442-E-8-B9-B-3026-A231-D42-C.png

And then I got busy.

0-F6845-CF-ECF3-40-E0-8-B14-9-CE056-FDF920.png

The team is what you might expect. Everyone has their Awakening, except for Fang, who has her Sync. I slowed up until slots 2/4 died, and then leaned heavily on Cloud for huge damage. I’ll probably do a larger write-up on the strategy tomorrow, in the reddit.

Having the magicite maxed out is very nice. But I worry that non-Cloud elements are going to be significantly more difficult, simply due to a lower maximum damage.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Having Odin as your active helps a ton. Like, depending on build, the magicite calls can account for half a million damage or more.

The other elements don't have the Cloud Tax, so they don't have to chew through quite as much HP.

If the fight isn't too annoying, consider doing it 3-4 more times, to cap break and possibly install an emblem in your magic Odin, whenever you get one.

Fry on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I went without Wall for the lightning magic team. Usually, I put folks in 2/4 who are the least problematic when they die - folks who aren't going to be trying to stack element auras or bard songs, etc. And have those folks sit on AASBs until after they're revived.

Edge is super great, you definitely want him on the team, last stand helps a ton and he can also blink the early Graviga as a bonus. If it were me, I'd try to make Desch work, even with the lower HP, just because having machinist access will help so much. Plus, he adds a little bonus speed to the party with USB. Definitely want Ashe for having two cap breaks (probably use separately). If all of that Vivi stuff listed is for lightning, he's probably a good pick to round out.

Vivi and Ashe in 1/3
    Edge and Desch in 2/4
    Elarra in 5

Give Ashe the dispel, and see if you can get away with not dispelling at 20%

Tried this. Got further, but Edge in slot 2 with blinks is messing up dying at the same time as Desch, and using his SSB to skip the early Gravity gives me an early Guts I don't necessarily want. Gonna have to retool.

• Options
    Rejiggered to:

Ashe
    Vivi
    Edge
    Desch
    Elarra

and made it past Zantetsuken and Flood with just Ashe Sync, so everyone has an AASB to finish the fight, but debuffs combined with Odin's Aegis made everyone's damage became negligible, and I wailed fruitlessly against Odin until Argent Tsunami hit everyone for 14k. Which might've been fine except Desch alone lost his Guts earlier because of his tiny HP pool. Hrmm. Maybe rejigger Edge a bit more.

Is it really possible to ~75% to 0 the boss in one chain?

• Options
    I usually do three chains, I tend to finish right around the 50 second mark.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    holy shit.

it's been a while since I've got a great hit. Eiko G+.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Desch's HP lacking ass died in phase 3, couldn't refresh Chain. Still got Odin to 1.5%, with a possibly lethal Ashe Voltech queued up, but was slower than Zantetsuken 3.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

E: Can't get sub 50% anymore. Fuck this fucking piece of shit game. I AM NOT A ROBOT WITH ONE CLOCK TICK REACTION SPEEEDS!!!

E2: Wasted four hours. I hate myself. Giving up for now.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    Just so everyone's clear, my post last night was lamenting how I couldn't kill Argent Odin no matter how hard I tried.

My post NOW is to report IT IS MOTHERLOVING DONE. Ugh. That was horrible. 2/4 dying, reviving, then taking three lethal attacks in a row after Zantetsuken was brutal. Had to go against instincts and waste some AASB time for Edge to refresh USB0 for Guts.

Got really spotty at the end when all the modes ran out and the 2nd Chain dropped off without enough meter to refresh right away. Chipped away, with Edge/Elarra blinking/guts/healing all the attacks all the while. Refreshed Chain and fired off Vivi's LBO for Quad 99999 somehow?! No en-lightning, Low chain counter, and boss had been stacking anti-imperil. It's only rank 1 as well. Chain being down was an opportunity for Ashe to Dispel, at least.

I'm thinking I should have squeezed more out of Ashe's Sync instead of going Glint+ into USB1 into AASB while the boss had Aegis up. Who knows, doesn't feel reproduceable. Also Desch's AASB was interesting. It probably Imperil'd more than just another cast of his USB, eventually, plus it gives same row Quickcast. He had to Plasma Shock the entire fight though to combat the boss's Dampens, so his damage was non-existent.

Ashe Voltech/Dispel (Sync1, G+, USB1, AASB)
    Vivi C. Thundaja/Ultima (AASB1, G2, AASB2, AOSB, LBO)
    Edge HA/SiT (G+1, AASB, USB0)
    Desch C. Thundaga/Plasma Shock (CSB, USB, AASB)
    Elarra Hymn/AcM (G+, USB1, AASB)

That is an absurd amount of stuff to break in to this level of content. Record Boards and Crystal Waters maxed, Magia, Artifacts, etc.

Now I have to do that 6 more times? Anticipating heartbreak. Will having Odin as Main Magicite make this easier, or mess up all my precisely calibrated numbers? How do people typically alter their deck for subsequent clears?

• Options
    Yes, put Odin in as your main, it is wayyyy better. It does actual damage! The follow-ups break rage! And you get an extra follow-up per cast!

Dump one of your Madeen for it.

• Options
    Yes, put Odin in as your main, it is wayyyy better. It does actual damage! The follow-ups break rage! And you get an extra follow-up per cast!

Odin is summon + 3 follow ups, as opposed to 2 like everything else? Are they still 4.5s apart?

• Options

I didn't dump my Madeen for it.

My deck before clearing (I did wind-weak) was Valefor (+Wind/+Wind), Syldra (+HP/-Earth), Titan (+HP/+Healing), Madeen (-Blade/-Spell), and Madeen (+ATK/+CritDMG).

I ended up dumping Syldra, since Odin's Earth Crest reduces Earth damage and Odin damage significantly enough that I didn't feel the loss of Syldra's HP. And yes, I put Odin in front and moved Valefor into the sub slots.

The relevant Odin is very useful for further clears of the same element, since he can actually break rage after the initial cast.

• Options
    Handy timing note I've found: if you have someone call Odin on their second turn, the second cast is ready just in time for an emergency use before the first Zantetsuken hits.

• Options
    Handy timing note I've found: if you have someone call Odin on their second turn, the second cast is ready just in time for an emergency use before the first Zantetsuken hits.

So in my clear I have someone call Ramuh on their second turn, because the clock tick advance from Rage breaking gives me a window to start casting a spell JUST as AcM goes up without any delay. Good to know!

• Options

See, what I do is plan to use the first one just before Zantetsuken. Then I can start actually doing damage just after Zantetsuken hits and I revive the people who died. Then I use it again just before or during the final phase.

• Options
    Discount VI: Cyan awakening

Sure, why not

• Options
    Odin in the deck changed the numbers too much, and slots 2/4 aren't both dying. Everything's ruined! FFS.

• Options
    man I'm proud of you guys taking down Wodin lol....someday I'll get on that but ehhh...I'd rather try my hand at another DB! Gonna try XV later tonight I think this will be my team:

Gladio SASB+AASB
    Noct SASB1
    Ignis rCSB+BSB/USB (probably USB for QC)
    Orran AASB/SASB or Lilisette AASB
    Iris AASB or Lunafreya AASB (depending on the above)

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Okay, got a second kill, but it wasn't pretty. Changed RW to medica instead of wall. There's still a few butt clenching moments keeping Desch alive though.

I'm wondering if Desch might get more throughput casting magic with AcM and getting more SB meter, and Imperiling with his USB instead of Plasma Shock? His SB meter is fairly anemic. Starts with a Bar, and goes CSB, USB, refresh CSB, AASB, but by then it's time to refresh CSB and he's tapped.

• Options
    Meanwhile I'm over here still poking at omega >_>

• Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    Spent today pushing physics Earth-weak Argent Odin as my entry point and have racked up 5 of my 7 kills now. The repeat with a full Odin was surprisingly smooth, got to just burn down phase 2 with the remainder of my AASBs without needing to do any of the AOSB shenanigans that got me my earlier kills.

Team was Tifa (Sync, AASB, early kills using G+ and AOSB), Galuf (Chain, BSB - imperil, early kills using G+ and AOSB), Elarra (USB2, USB1, AASB, G+), Tyro (USB4, AASB [could probably just be another USB4], USB1, G+), Gladiolus (Sync, AASB, G+, OSB).

The G+'s definitely make the opening a lot easier, but the big breakthrough for me was using Tyro's USB1 to skip the paralyze from Trine with a bonus of letting Tifa and Gladiolus continue to push after the P2 interrupt as well. Both Tifa and Gladiolus have their double cast LMRs, but I don't think the kills were too sensitive to those procing.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    LOL nooooooo

got up to 95%. I think I've got this. surprisingly, Tyro was the answer. Crit Fix is still king.

• Options
    Ardyn looks really cool to be honest (and I haven't even played FFXV), but I gotta save for ffvi.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Fuck yes!

Screenshot-20210115-083340-com-dena-west-FFRK.jpg

edit: hoo boy ok this one was down to the wire. I did have stacked Gladio but Noctis just suuucks without proper support in this fight. After last night's Tyro run where a properly buffed Noctis worked (and after reading how his G+ actually works, lower SB more damage) this is what I came up with:

Iris | Curada + Crushing Tango | AASB, USB1,G+ | DMT,LM2,LMR (QC on heals)
    Noctis | HA + FFB | G, G+, SASB, AOSB1, AOSB2 (yes I used everything) | Much Fire, LM1, LMR (much fire also I did slow him down to save on hones)
    Ignis | Trinity Bombshell (gotta go fast) + Entrust | BSB, USB | DMT
    Gladio | HA + OS | SASB, AASB, USB | Much Weakness | LM2, LMR (2x on Knight)
    Orran | Wrath + HA | SASB, AASB | TGC

HC:99

So the idea if you see, go fast. I flubbed a bit the chain and I had to recast because Iris procced a QC and I didn't notice so I started chain 1 way to early. Anyways, Gladio is a beast. Even with FDB buff on phase 3 start, he kept capping. The turn order was roughly:

Noctis: get 3 bars. Glint for crit damage, SASB, C2x3,C1>C2 a few times, spam C1 at the start of phase 3 and then AOSB1, AOSB2 and finally G+. Rage in check all the time.
    Ignis: TB then BSB. C2 Glad, C1, C2 Ignis, C2 Glad, USB. I did entrust Iris when I could but I had to keep spreading that QC on Noctis and Gladio.
    Gladio: basically OS to 4 bars, SASB, AASB and spam HA. I screwed up one turn and press C2 accidentally (damn you Noctis IT) so this clear probably could've been sub 40. Oh right, final phase, spam USB just like Bartz does to get the finisher (which breaks cap too!) so he was able to contribute even with no BDL.
    Orran: Wrathx2, AASB, then spam HA. With 800 mnd he was fine for the stop.

so yeah, there were A LOT of mistakes on this clear but hoo boy. I'm happy I got this one. Man, I wish I had a gen 2 earth chain to try Odin with Gladio because he rocks. Thanks to Iris AASB spreading shields every round, everytime Ifrit did an AOE, he countered and broke rage.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    I think...I can get a FFT DB clear. Maybe. Anyways, pretty happy with my DB progress. That's 4, 8, 10 and 15 down. I can probably get a 9 clear too not quite sure...