As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Smell of the [Chat]

WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
https://youtu.be/6SqIdZrksp0

Who is the best Guilty Gear character?

The Smell of the [Chat] 42 votes

Sol Badguy
9%
CantidoemnmnmeAlazullGiantGeek2020 4 votes
Ky Kiske
9%
KamiroAuralynx21stCenturyTumin 4 votes
Dizzy
4%
HonkKana 2 votes
Baiken
23%
ElldrenbloodyroarxxElendilStarZapperBrolokriegsHi I'm Vee!surrealitycheckcptruggedNeco 10 votes
Zappa
9%
HappylilElfTcheldorJokermanWinky 4 votes
The Valentine representing my particular obscure fetish
42%
MulysaSemproniussyndalisFeraljoshgotroIncenjucarP10jungleroomxTehSpectreBrodyArchoverride367BurnageDark080matterLucedesOrcazepherindiscriderBouwsT 18 votes

• Options
    Zappa
    Dammit I hit enter before putting in all the options

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Baiken
    Chipp was my main, but Baiken is the hottest best hottest

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Baiken
    I think Chipp actually kind of sucks?

Isn't he canonically an American who says random shit in Japanese because he thinks it sounds cool?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    my fetish is giant robots

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I do not know Guilty Gear so I nominate Reigen Arataka

• Options
    Zappa

Isn't he canonically an American who says random shit in Japanese because he thinks it sounds cool?

He's an American weeaboo and also the president of an African nation that he named after himself

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i don't know what any of this means

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

american, learned to be a ninja from some guy. much later,
    In the following years, Chipp was travelling around when he came upon a rather lawless area in southern Africa that saw little aid after the Crusades. Chipp managed to restore some level of order and reformed it into the Eastern Chipp Kingdom, with himself as the President.
    fighting game lore is bad

P10 on
  • Options
    Baiken
    I wish Guilty Gear was simpler, because I really liked what I played of it. I'm like...not too bad with Chipp.

But at some point I decided to read up on it so I could get better, and it was all this stuff about roman cancels and like 12 other finicky things I can't remember anymore and I was like "oh never mind".

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I'm confused, because the answer is Mo with the giant anchor.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    the hardest thing about sous vide is i always gwt sidetracked and start it like a half hour late and then that means dinner will be an extra half hour further away and i don't know if anyone else has suffered more

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Baiken
    Guilty Gear is just one dude making his Heavy Metal music fanfiction into a fighting game

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Smells like...*sniff* onions!

Untitled-1.jpg?width=1440

This came up today as an example of wonderful .mil PowerPoint culture

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Ky Kiske
    Chanus wrote: »
    the hardest thing about sous vide is i always gwt sidetracked and start it like a half hour late and then that means dinner will be an extra half hour further away and i don't know if anyone else has suffered more

*looks at 10 hours pot roast in the slow cooker that he started at 11AM*

<_<

>_>

• Options
    Baiken

I mean I just read about my Guilty Gear main naming an African country after himself, sooooooooo

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Zappa
    Also Dizzy is 8 years old and May is 22

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Maybe you're more of an Instant Pot man

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    no onion can tell me not to be penetrated

• Options
    edited January 2021
    roman cancels aren't complicated in either game. they will probably be their most complicated in strive, tbh, because based on the closed beta gameplay it actually kinda does different things depending on the situation when you input it (but idk its been a while maybe i don't full remember how the mechanics work)

mechanically difficult, maybe - absolutely yes if you start talking FRCs

P10 on
  • Options

Maybe you're more of an Instant Pot man

i don't always want soup

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Baiken
    I wish Guilty Gear was simpler, because I really liked what I played of it. I'm like...not too bad with Chipp.

But at some point I decided to read up on it so I could get better, and it was all this stuff about roman cancels and like 12 other finicky things I can't remember anymore and I was like "oh never mind".

This is me and all new fighting games.

I just gave up and kept on with 3rd Strike and CvS2 casually.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    the best fighting game character is Mara Jade from Masters of Teras Kasi

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    a7E56bq_460swp.webp

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    @Shivahn

Uh. I would call it endemic. I guess not the whole country, but in the regions it’s most active you can have higher than 60% positive rates, and I don’t see a realistic way to stop “natural” spread (though the major culprit in interstate spread has been transport of captive animals.)

Chronic Wasting Disease Among Free-Ranging Cervids by County, United States, August 2020

fhaoa7nhxpv2.jpeg

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Ky Kiske
    The best fighting game was Rival Schools

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    @credeiki

My complaint was about the wordiness of the passage, its tone, and its position at the top of the article, above any kind of positively framed definition of the topic in question.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    @donkey_kong
    @shivahn

God, that writing was unnecessarily obfuscated. Here, let me stab at it.
    I wanted a concise definition of what moral anti realism was, just a quick one so I can like, parse discourse.

Moral realism is the belief that moral statements can (sometimes) be true.

For any moral statement to be true, both of the following also have to be true:
    A) Moral statements are truth-apt claims.
    and
    B) Some of those truth-apt claims can be demonstrated to be true.

Breaking those down:

A) What does the phrase "truth-apt claim" mean? Truth-apt just means "it's possible to be true or false." Most declarative statements are truth-apt. "It is raining here" and "it is not raining here" are both truth-apt statements. One of them is true, and the other is false.

Examples of utterances that are not truth-apt include commands. "Take an umbrella with you," cannot be true or false. Purely expressive interjections like "ew!" cannot be true or false. Longer expressive phrases like "ew! rain! yuck!" cannot be true or false. Meaningless phrases like "colorless green ideas sleep furiously" are usually held to not be truth-apt, though sometimes folks will argue that it is truth-apt, just sufficiently bizarre to be prima facie false.

B) A statement can be truth-apt even if is false. "I am literally a unicorn" is a truth-apt phrase. A statement can be truth-apt even we have no way of knowing whether it is true. "There is an imperceptible invisible unicorn in orbit around Neptune" is a truth-apt phrase. It is also unproveable.

Broadly speaking, most of the oppositional viewpoints against moral realism can be loosely sorted into the following categories. (Some viewpoints straddle the lines between categories.)

Noncognitivism: Noncognitivist metaethical theories hold that moral claims are not truth-apt. The easiest noncognitivist viewpoint to understand is expressivism, like AJ Ayers (who @LoserForHireX mentioned). Moral expressivism holds that moral claims like "murder is bad" are just disguised expressive utterances like "ew! yuck! murder!" There are more nuanced variations on this, like Blackburn's quasirealism, which holds that moral claims are expressive utterances that we can just manipulate similarly to truth-apt claims.

Error theory: Error theories hold that moral claims are truth-apt. They just happen to be either: 1) all false, or 2) all unproveable. LoserForHireX brought up JL Mackie, which is a good place to start for error theory.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Was that entry at the top of the article? lol truly horrendous

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    All of our new hire nurses are garbage and they are going to get someone killed.

Just a Tuesday.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    VishNub wrote: »
    @Shivahn

Uh. I would call it endemic. I guess not the whole country, but in the regions it’s most active you can have higher than 60% positive rates, and I don’t see a realistic way to stop “natural” spread (though the major culprit in interstate spread has been transport of captive animals.)

Chronic Wasting Disease Among Free-Ranging Cervids by County, United States, August 2020

fhaoa7nhxpv2.jpeg

The solution is pretty obvious and not that hard.

Everyone please form an orderly line and move so that you are not downwind of wyoming or southern Michigan until this cobalt-60 has decayed.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    @Feral

House absolutely was the worst-sourced of all the medical shows, and Scrubs the best

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    All of our new hire nurses are garbage and they are going to get someone killed.

Just a Tuesday.

Is there an element of the present situation meaning that anyone with adequate qualifications will get hired

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

It was literally the first sentence. I don't hate philosophy and I don't doubt the utility or importance of the topic in question. I was just stunned.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Where's Faust?

(I only know Faust)

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Baiken
    Guilty Gear and Arc System Works games in general are games I wish I could play more. But even as a long time fighting game veteran, new games always seem so impenetrable.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2021
    Ok Feral I am going to hire you as my philosophical interpreter, thank you

Shivahn on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Sol Badguy
    i don't know what any of this means

Ryu, Ken, Blanka, Chun-li, Zangief, Dhalsim, Guile, E. Honda

• Options
    Zappa
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Where's Faust?

(I only know Faust)

I was going to add Faust and Chanus but I hit the enter key

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

It was literally the first sentence. I don't hate philosophy and I don't doubt the utility or importance of the topic in question. I was just stunned.

I am being serious when I say it's horrendous

That's like, a sidebar, not your intro sentence

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Ky Kiske
    Tumsboo's nursing program is such a joke in terms of patient hours. Theyre terrified of being unhireable in terms of skills or having a stigma. I think they got 50% of the clinical hours they were supposed to? Ugh.

If theyd promised to let her resume later maybe we wouldve done that but it was a very "fuck you lol" attitude from the school about program quality drop.

Tumin on
This discussion has been closed.