As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    App update tonight, bind yer accounts if you haven't already.

Also looks like next event might be a followup to Polaris?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Yeah, this update is a doozy. About 1.2GB.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    SP5 spoilers, can I just say that
    Taihou and Roon going full edgelord put a big dumb smile on my face?

Also really wishing these "smaller" events still had double/triple points on first daily clears. It's so much harder to get enough points for the major rewards with how little I usually play each day.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    SP5 spoilers, can I just say that
    Taihou and Roon going full edgelord put a big dumb smile on my face?

Also really wishing these "smaller" events still had double/triple points on first daily clears. It's so much harder to get enough points for the major rewards with how little I usually play each day.

Thankfully the once a day stage gave like 800 points, so that helped me get to 10,000, but I didn't get far past that.

Only got two clears of the once-per-day and dinged 10,500 for the trophy with like three minutes before maint.

Also no Dido Muse. :<

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Ianator wrote: »
    Only got two clears of the once-per-day and dinged 10,500 for the trophy with like three minutes before maint.

Also no Dido Muse. :<

Dang, that sucks. :( I got pretty lucky with Dido's and Baltimore's. I got just enough to fully limit break them. The only one I wasn't able to get was Tashkent, but I wasn't too upset. Kinda annoyed at a 3rd limited draw event in a row. I still have a ton of cubes, but they're dropping fast, just doing 10 a day.

Holy crap, apparently the new update is a DOA: Venus Vacation collab. That's the only other gacha that I'm kind of addicted to (I was literally doing my dailies when I saw the post on Reddit). Apparently they announced it a few months ago, but I must have missed it.

I was surprisingly diligent with this event, getting the trophy last Tuesday. Took me until yesterday to pull Marie Rose, last ship to complete the collection.

Next up is garlic shark rerun. Fortuitious timing, seeing as how some scientists pulled an Enigma machine out of the Baltic Sea last month.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Heh, Marie Rose was the holdout for me, as well. I finally got her a couple of days ago. I actually got 2 Misaki's from the event stages, so I didn't even have to spend points on her. This event seemed much more generous than the previous one because I didn't have to grind at all to get the 10,000 points.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    sorry for the double post but this is semi-separate from the Operation Siren stuff

pretty big if true and i am in favor of changes like this

image0.png

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    This thread title? *chefs kiss* All hail the Onion Shark.

For the Dead or Alive-crossover event, I actually managed to get everyone except for Nagisa which disappoints me mildly (though really I just wanted Kasumi, the only character who made it in who predates DOA5). 6 out of 7 is actually very good for me for an event.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

For the Dead or Alive-crossover event, I actually managed to get everyone except for Nagisa which disappoints me mildly (though really I just wanted Kasumi, the only character who made it in who predates DOA5). 6 out of 7 is actually very good for me for an event.

I just started playing just before the DoA event went live. With my limited pool of Wisdom Cubes, I managed to pick up everybody except Misaki.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Erlkönig wrote: »

I just started playing just before the DoA event went live. With my limited pool of Wisdom Cubes, I managed to pick up everybody except Misaki.

I was going to be a total fucking nerd and inject some life into the thread by pointing out "Actually, it's Dead or Alive XTREME Beach Volleyball, and Venus Vacation is a spin-off of that, which barely has any characters from DOA in it, unlike XBV, which exclusively had them blah blah blah," but I couldn't be bothered to waste everyone's time.

So, more U-110 (I got her the first time around pretty easily, she's in my second squadron).

ejrh8qqegbrs.gif

initial thoughts on this buff list:
    a lot of these buffs probably aren't quite as huge as they sound (other than like, Prince of Wales) because they probably replace existing skills

Prince of Wales obviously got a sizeable buff in that her comp requirements are much looser for slightly better effect (3 Eagle ships for 30% stats vs the old 5 Eagle ships for 25% stats). This lets you potentially slip in other RN ships like QE for another 15% buff, although QE will only be buffing PoW and another RN ship at best if you're running 3 Eagles so maybe not the best choice, or ships from other factions since Eagle ships don't have particularly strong synergy with each other necessarily. PoW also getting faster initial barrage and giving both backline and frontline buffs is pretty big.
    Massachusetts in particular might not have gotten any real buffs because her skill already gave damage up to 30% depending on travel time (though the calcs could be different), and from how it reads it just lets her use more equipment flexibly?
    Taihou got a strong consistency buff in that her skill will always roll at least one of the airstrikes which cuts out the negative outcome of no procs at all under her old 40% chance for each airstrike, but considering one of her 3 skill airstrikes doesn't do damage and just main buffs the fleet it's still going to be a bit random in how good it feels
    Reno got numbers bumped up in her skill and a longer lasting damage reduction that is now applied to both her and CVs
    Graf Zeppelin got actual stats bumped up and increased flexibility in that you can a) equip a torp bomber in 3rd slot and b) only have to have 1 KMS airplane to get +30% efficiency on all planes, which is big compared to the old "KMS airplanes get +30% efficiency". This opens up her plane options quite a bit especially considering there are new planes incoming in Operation Siren as well, and lets her equip a Stuka for minimal loss compared to a Helldiver and also equip a Helldiver in 3rd slot, or Torp bombers if you're up against specific bosses torp bombers might be effective against.
    Zuikaku and Shoukaku got straight buffs in that Shoukaku's buff will actually apply to her own airstrike instead of right after, and Zuikaku also gets an extra 20% airstrike damage in addition to her ramping up

the rest all seem like decent but not huge buffs, and obviously i don't really have any idea what the Operation Siren buffs are going to do lacking the context of OS itself.

also:
    mdht2rgns0361.jpg
    hope u like getting gold and rainbow equip plates...haha...ha..... :cry:

I was kind of surprised that Monica was one of the ships included since she was just released in VV, at least in the English version (I guess it was some kind of promotion for her). I would have preferred someone like Helena.

Operation Siren is confirmed to go live after tonight's maint. In addition we're also getting the prologue to the next major event, Inverted Orthant, focused on new Iron Blood ships.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited December 2020
    awww shit, here we go again

ngl, new Ironblood event is cool and all but

this is extremely exciting

Orphane on

buffs are more comprehensive than initially listed

Huh. Maybe I need to join a guild now?

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    This update is not messing around. Got absolutely wrecked by a Stronghold. Never had my *main fleet* completely wiped out

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Huh. Maybe I need to join a guild now?

Yeah, this seems like it might actually be important now. Is there one around here?

fuck gendered marketing
    unfortunately i'm assuming most people are scattered across whatever server was suggested when they joined, so I don't think there's a PA guild or anything

I'm on Avrora which is the oldest server i think so i just joined a friend's existing guild

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I am on Avrora cause that was the only one around when I started and just made my own guild and am slowly building it up by myself.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2020
    I'm on Sandy because it's objectively NUMBA WAN (and it was what was suggested when I joined).

Sir Carcass on
    I too am on Avrora. Haven't joined a guild yet tho.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Avrora here as well (it was the one suggested to me). Still derping around the campaign and clearing the hard stages with my 2 wee fleets (primary fleet is the DoA girls + Yorktown, secondary is a mishmash of two carriers, a battleship, a Sirius, Laffey/Javelin, and Prinz Eugen). Most of my ships are only in the 60-80 range...and I'm still learning the ropes.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    anyways got sideswiped by the holiday forums but if anybody wants a guild to join on Avrora here's my friend's guild ID: 67111600

given the requirements for participation in guild ops and the like sadly it doesn't seem like solo guilding isn't very viable because success rate for dispatches seem to require as many people participating as possible

If you missed out on Formidable, who still has no real competition for her utility since Strasser turned out a bit disappointing, I have good news for you:

note that this is the prelude for Empyreal Tragicomedy, not the event itself

Yay, a second chance at Trento!

I've been slacking on both this event and OpSi. Prinz Heinrich is my holdout so far and I'm worried I may not be able to get Hiryu META before she leaves rotation.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Orphane wrote: »
    If you missed out on Formidable, who still has no real competition for her utility since Strasser turned out a bit disappointing, I have good news for you:

Excellent, I really need to actually get Formidable's unique little biplane torpedo bomber thingy.

Excellent, I really need to actually get Formidable's unique little biplane torpedo bomber thingy.

you can craft the Albacore in the Gear Lab now btw

Yeah, that's a thing now, but I doubt I have the crafting ingredients aside from, well, the base plane.

Yeah, that's a thing now, but I doubt I have the crafting ingredients aside from, well, the base plane.

you would be surprised at how fast you can get OpSi mats as long as you do some of it a day, but then again I don't quite know where you're at level-wise for your fleets so you might not be able to do higher difficulty stuff? but yes, the Albacore will be a lot more straightforward to get from Empyreal Tragicomedy

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I missed out on the heavy cruiser SAP gun, hopefully I can grab one this time around

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    I missed out on the heavy cruiser SAP gun, hopefully I can grab one this time around

man, that gun was friggin' impossible to farm for

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

Once the map's threat level is safe kill the siren mobs, retreat from the map, and repeat.

steam_sig.png
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Once the map's threat level is safe kill the siren mobs, retreat from the map, and repeat.

i needed points for blueprints at the time so i was still doing clears of d3

the drop rate was pretty atrocious

you would be surprised at how fast you can get OpSi mats as long as you do some of it a day, but then again I don't quite know where you're at level-wise for your fleets so you might not be able to do higher difficulty stuff? but yes, the Albacore will be a lot more straightforward to get from Empyreal Tragicomedy

Yeah, I'm basically completely short for Industrial-grade electronic components (23) and Lightweight Alloys (6). Though admittedly I stopped doing Operation Siren due to the Iron Blood event. I have a few fleets in the 110/120 lvl range (~13000 to ~14000), so hopefully it's accessible.