As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Throw Santa in the Maw for Secret Shamblers [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Have you and Montina been together since middle school or what, jeez.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Uh...

mkc.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Uh...

so much for baggles

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    It's Tuesday folks, may the vault bring you all joy on this day

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    it's 2009

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Hmm first week I didn't even think about the vault. Scary too because I didn't get 3 raid boss kills at all, and I only barely squeezed in a +10. All my time was spent entirely in Arenas.

Well at least I get 3 choices of a 207 PVP item. After this week if I ever hit 1600 that is 6 slots going up to 213 guaranteed.

Oh and BTW this week is when basic honor gear can go to 197. That is stuff you can get by just throwing your body at random BGs for X time. Might make for an even easier weapon if you have had horrible luck.

• Options
    I got 213 shoulders with haste which feels very good. The other options were 2 bad trinkets, a bad necklace and bracers.

So yeah, very happy though. Love shoulders.

• Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I mean with a small amount of time spent in BGs just existing you can get enough honor for a unrated PVP weapon. they can be upgraded to 197 at 22 renown which is next week

Not to mention if you just try to force out daily PVP wins in like a big or something, you can scrounge up the conq for it.

Unlike other methods, it has a 100% guaranteed ending and you know exactly how close you are to getting it.

I had no idea . I have gotten literally zero weapon drops on my Rogue, so I think I may have to explore this option this week, especially since there's no Arena dailies (I refuse to do Arena). What's the quickest way to get the unranked PvP weapons? Any battlegrounds or modes in particular?

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I have heard that Epic BGs can get you honor fast, but they can feel like a slog and sometimes are a large time commitment. They also get to me because I care about the win and they can end up being 45 minute losses.

In general your most time efficient method would be 1 win of a normal random bg, 1 win in an epic, then go for whatever the weekly quest is. If you want to force it out, I guess epic BGs nonstop and put whatever amount of effort you want into them. The honor comes as long as you aren't afk. I think you get slightly more at least participating in active combat though.

The cost is going to be for the weapon + upgrades. The 197 ilvl is 7 total upgrades I think. It might be something like 8k honor to get a 2h weapon done. That is a lot, but again it is consistent.

Edit: Looked it up and a 2h unrated weapon + upgrades is 14k honor. Yikes. This isn't a bad idea still but would be much more reasonable for anyone who had been keeping up with honor gains and already has a rank 5 unrated weapon.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    I'm at like 1400 Conquest, so only 400 more and I can get a ilevel 200 weapon

• Options
    Anyone else unable to access the guild panel and/or chat in guild at all?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the big problem with epic battlegrounds is that they can put you into wintergrasp

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Skragg I can rated 2s with you tomorrow probably if we dont do m+ instead, I want to try it and it's usually too late for me to get into anything big after raid

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Skragg I can rated 2s with you tomorrow probably if we dont do m+ instead, I want to try it and it's usually too late for me to get into anything big after raid

I like the cut of your gib

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Finally got the "crimson vial has no cooldown" plus "crimson vial gives 6 seconds of feint, evasion, or shroud" combo going in Torghast, and yep that is just as busted as it sounds.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Anyone with hunter pvp knowledge around here? Doing some research so skragg and I can theoretically win some of these arena games and it doesnt look like I can have both a cunning pet for the cc break ability and mortal wounds at the same time. Is one worth prioritizing over the other or is it a judgement call based on team comp (like if skragg has mortal strike do I not need mortal wounds application?)

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    You want the CC break almost guaranteed. If you are with a warrior that can do MS at all then that is your best setup.

I know hunters main objective is Intimidation stun into freezing trap. That is the CC setup you want to land a kill. If they trinket the stun then you get your partner to land something and trap off that. Then you have a guaranteed intim + trap in 1 minute to do it again.

If you can land that CC combo to open and burst like how hunters do, you might be able to get some sneak kills in early. Being 2 DPS both with almost no actual self healing, that is kind of your win condition anyway.

Anyone worth their salt then is going to try to CC you to stop this. So a CC break would be huge. the MS isn't as important when you go against 2 dps teams, depending on the dps. Obviously vs Paladins, Shaman, Priest, and Druids, you are going to be deal with huge heals even if they are dps.

I would figure most are your wins are going to come from huge opening burst between you having that CC break and Skragg having bladestorm to be immune to CC, while also CCing them. If you don't win in that burst though, focus on surviving until you can get another at least decent go. If you think you can out damage the enemy or they don't have good heals, then keep pressure because you both do good consistent dps. If they can heal though, chances are going toe to toe with anyone outside of coordinated CC and burst you will lose. Aim to use CC to make it 2 v 1 as much as you can in that case.

I have been watching this dude's videos and they are uhh, REALLY good at getting the general idea of what your thought process should be in arena. Here is the first one but I suggest watching the positioning and CC ones because they are huge on info. The CC vid alone has a diagram early on spelling out all the CC in the game, what DR categories they are in, and what classes use them. I saved it as an image I plan on having up every time I arena now because I always forget CC DR categories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnBmJ0a-rMg

• Options
    Good info ty

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Guild chat not working for anyone else right now?

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    It seemed to be working fine.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Weird, probably just me and network stuff then.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Anyways with my PC updating, I'll just ask here:

My two main vault choices I am debating between are a well-statted ring, and the Inscrutable Quantum Device trinket.

As much as I don't like on-use trinkets this one is too useful/powerful to pass on, right? Not to mention that I can use it for all three specs.

Edit: Yeah, guild and community stuff is down for me right now due to specific server issues that are happening. I'm just going to be a ghost online for a bit, it seems.

Dys on
  • Options
    If that trinket is high ilvl you have to take it.

I think outside of being on use, almost all rankings of stuff list it at the top. It is nearly the same as that one secondary stats trinket from legion.

I mean, apparently you can make sure it always does the secondary stat buff, but I never understood how. I guess you just don't let any of the other rules be true.

That being said, its a long ass CD and a 3 min cd would have to line up with shit for your class.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Anyways with my PC updating, I'll just ask here:

My two main vault choices I am debating between are a well-statted ring, and the Inscrutable Quantum Device trinket.

As much as I don't like on-use trinkets this one is too useful/powerful to pass on, right? Not to mention that I can use it for all three specs.

Edit: Yeah, guild and community stuff is down for me right now due to specific server issues that are happening. I'm just going to be a ghost online for a bit, it seems.

cube's performance is extremely dependent on what result you get, there's a WA i can share in game that tells you what it'll be at any point which is helpful

if you get the stat buff, at least for hunter, it's the best trinket by a lot. In M+ you'll almost always get the stat buff so it's really good. In raids, it's very likely that it'll get eaten by the "give healers mana" one or something else, so you basically can only depend on getting the stat buff the first time you press the trinket, so it's not as good (but still good). I think most people have just macro'd it into their dps cooldown and when it lines up it lines up

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I bind mine to Tiger Palm, since my major cooldowns are 2 minutes so the second activation wouldn't line up anyway.

• Options
    Current plan is to try it on my (already crowded, oof) bars with the weakaura and see how practical that is.

It I wind up using it on cooldown, Primordial Wave is up every 45 seconds and it should sync up with uses of that very well.

• Options
    cube always trolled the fuck out of me with my worst stat even when it was not anywhere close to my highest stat so ???

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    chat servers down for me now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Not working for me either. Can’t access
    Guild Pane, can’t see guild chat, I can see guildes logging on and off, and when they queue for stuff, but that’s it.

I turned off all my addons thinking that may be the culprit, but it didn’t make a difference.

When the realms first came up after maintenance there were zero issues, then they did a server restart and that seemed to screw everything up.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I logged out to fix the guild chat issue and now I can't log back in.

Truly as Ben Brode Chris Wilson Metzen intended.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I logged out to fix the guild chat issue and now I can't log back in.

Truly as Ben Brode Chris Wilson Metzen intended.

You’re free

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    We really thrashed Invera, dang

• Options
    did we? we got a 20th percentile clear

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    did we? we got a 20th percentile clear

I was more referring to the low number of attempts before getting the kill tonight

• Options
    oh yes that was very good

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    @T4CT showed me this cool site that has handy bullet points for each boss in Nathria

https://mythictrap.com/castleNathria/sunkingssalvation

everyone should read it; its got good stuff in there

• Options
    The fatboss guide says we might want to actually bring a couple extra healers on sun king, since you win by healing KT fast enough that the adds don't get out of control. It also suggested only using the infusers if you don't have adds to kill. I dunno if that's wise or not but maybe worth trying.

BahamutZERO.gif