As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

In a world, where [Trailers] are fun...

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/thcQFXC5sKY

Oh man, what is this movie?
    That box better not have a moguai in it, I don't think I can handle a gritty ww2 gremlins reboot right now.

It gives me Overlord vibes, which is high praise.

wVEsyIc.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Barb & Star Go to Vista Del Mar Teaser Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlGtllX6RFE

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Good lord no

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    -don't show their faces in trailer
    -faces shown in thumbnail

fucking brilliant marketing there, lionsgate.

Didn't even get a chuckle out of the trailer and I thought this was some new SNL sketch (hence the not funny bit) but it's an actual new property.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I like Kristen Wiig but she has terrible taste in roles outside of Bridesmaids.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    -don't show their faces in trailer
    -faces shown in thumbnail

fucking brilliant marketing there, lionsgate.

Didn't even get a chuckle out of the trailer and I thought this was some new SNL sketch (hence the not funny bit) but it's an actual new property.

Ok, I'm glad it wasn't just me, because I really thought it was some kinda SNL sketch I'd missed in the last decade or so.

And seeing as it isn't an SNL sketch moved to movie, the trailer has me wondering what this movie is even for? It's clearly supposed to be a comedy, but generally that is communicated via some actual humor.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/thcQFXC5sKY

Oh man, what is this movie?
    That box better not have a moguai in it, I don't think I can handle a gritty ww2 gremlins reboot right now.

Her life really took a turn after losing the KableTown CEO gig...

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I read a synopsis of Shadow in the Clouds because I had a feeling that maybe that was a not leprechaun and the satchel had a pot of gold. I was sorely disappointed.

It's dumber and worse than that, but has pretty alright impressions including 'silly fun'. I'll still watch it when its available streaming.

steam_sig.png
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    The sound mix for the trailer seems really weird and ... off for Shadow in the Cloud, or is it just me?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v49ewBiBxgc

Five Nights At Nicolas Cages?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    are there bees?
    i didn't see any bees

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • notyanotya Registered User regular
    I don't understand how you can make a Five Nights at Freddies, but then say that the guy getting attacked by the mascots is the scary one. lol

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    are there bees?
    i didn't see any bees

But there is a good chance he'll be wearing the bear costume

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    notya wrote: »
    I don't understand how you can make a Five Nights at Freddies, but then say that the guy getting attacked by the mascots is the scary one. lol

Perhaps this a new genre of movie: Cage horror. There's the teenagers and whatever horror critters around, and then Nicolas Cage is there just killing everything while chewing the scenery to a dangerous extent.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v49ewBiBxgc

Five Nights At Nicolas Cages?

Me before watching the trailer: "Oh, it's a Five Nights at Freddy's knock-off."
    *Animatronic sneaks up on Nic Cage only to be mercilessly beaten down by him*
    Me: "OH."

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I love what Nicholas Cage is doing with his career the last five years and I hope it never stops.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

Perhaps this a new genre of movie: Cage horror. There's the teenagers and whatever horror critters around, and then Nicolas Cage is there just killing everything while chewing the scenery to a dangerous extent.

I can’t lie, the concept has potential.

Zombies, scary ghost Japanese girls, rabid animal attacks.

Also - Predator vs Cage might finally be the Predator film that redeems the franchise !

• caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    I love what Nicholas Cage is doing with his career the last five years and I hope it never stops.

Feels like he has really embraced all the weird roles and it’s great!

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, I definitely question some of the roles he has picked, but I'd honestly 100% prefer Cage who takes on all roles with wholehearted glee than a boring Cage who is more worried about his earning potential or reputation as an actor to do all this fun stuff.

It's like Hollywood has a bet to find a legit acting role that Cage won't do, and Cage is determined to make Hollywood lose.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

Also - Predator vs Cage might finally be the Predator film that redeems the franchise !

Bruce Campbell is pissed

steam_sig.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

Bruce Campbell is pissed

The Campbell vs. Cage movie is going to be epic.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I keep getting this trailer before my Youtubes. I cant tell if it looks great, or mediocre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKyw7djMlrU

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I keep getting this trailer before my Youtubes. I cant tell if it looks great, or mediocre.

I think they spoil in that trailer the twist of the movie.

I'll put it in spoilers based on my speculation.

Denzel Washington is the serial killer.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

You know that trailer was working fine, right up to the last 25% where it showed how everything is going to end by him overcoming all of the obstacles set up in the first 75%.

I'm just glad to see the guy who bailed on Season 2 of Arrow doing so well for himself.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I think they spoil in that trailer the twist of the movie.

I'll put it in spoilers based on my speculation.

Denzel Washington is the serial killer.
    That said, grungy lowlife weirdo versus the serial killer cop who is trying to frame him sounds like the setup to a good movie.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

You know that trailer was working fine, right up to the last 25% where it showed how everything is going to end by him overcoming all of the obstacles set up in the first 75%.

I feel like I'm going to need a real good reason he keeps getting surprised by shit. Murray learns everything he does in Groundhog Day first to impress Andie MacDowell, but eventually for self enrichment. Nothing about the day changes unless he changes it and by the end he's just speed running the entire thing. Same for Live Die Repeat until they let things get wonky

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »

I feel like I'm going to need a real good reason he keeps getting surprised by shit. Murray learns everything he does in Groundhog Day first to impress Andie MacDowell, but eventually for self enrichment. Nothing about the day changes unless he changes it and by the end he's just speed running the entire thing. Same for Live Die Repeat until they let things get wonky

Well I think the trailer already spoiled it
    Speculation spoiler
    the main bad guy is stuck in the same loop and so adapts to the skills that the good guy acquires. So either the bad guy is trying to make a super weapon or just can’t get out of the loop either and making the good guy good enough to get to him is what let’s him live long enough to escape the loop

wbBv3fj.png
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    Monsterverse movies have the best trailers ever. The movies themselves don't always live up, but the trailers are fucking hype.

Wasn't Godzilla like twice that size last time?

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Godzilla vs. Kong is maybe the dumbest movie I will ever go to see in theaters on day 1 if possible. That shit looks like the guiltiest of pleasures.

BloodySloth on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    i need to watch it again but i'm pretty sure charles dance survived the last movie and was trying to resurrect ghidorah or something at the end so maybe he and his zombie ghidorah will show up here

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    wait... is Kong using Mjolnir at that end?

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    wait... is Kong using Mjolnir at that end?

an ancient Kaiju barrel fragment

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    It looks so fucking stupid and I love it.

Just really fucking hope they don't bog a third kaiju movie down with human story bullshit, unless it involves giving the little girl a jaeger to pilot.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Kong has a "looks like I'm going to have to jump!" moment.

This looks gloriously stupid.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Monsterverse movies are 2/3 for me, and even King of the Monster was fun if a bit of a let down.

So yeah, day 1 cause even their worst have been worth it for the spectacle .

I am so, so, goddamn excited for what looked like a Kong that learns to fight like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

This discussion has been closed.