As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Parasociety

2»

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    @PALaxx You do know that the rioters placed pipe bombs in both the DNC and RNC offices at the capitol building? Beat a police officer so badly he had to be hospitalized and wound up dying from the injuries? They had a gallows with a noose outside. This was an attempt to use force and threats to change the outcome of an election. That's sedition and terrorism, full stop. They are public enemy #1.

Did you know QAnon have been using the hashtag #crosstherubicon to encourage the use of martial law to try and void the election. Cross the Rubicon refers to when then-general Julius Caesar betrayed the Roman Republic he served and marched a legion south of the province he'd been governing to take it by force. Take their own words at face value. These people want to overthrow our government because they can't accept that living in a free democracy means sometimes you lose in politics.

Remember when Trump told the Proud Boys to "stand back and stand by"? They respond to his statements, he knows they do, has been egging them on and dismissing or deflecting criticism about the larger movement for years. Remember those crazy right-wingers who wanted to kidnap the Michigan governor? What did Trump have to say about it? "Maybe it was a problem. Maybe it wasn't." And in the days leading up to the riot, he gave the crowd their marching orders. In Dalton, Georgia on the 4th, he said:
    • "And they’re not taking this White House. We’re going to fight like hell, I’ll tell you right now."
    • “I hope that our great vice president comes through for us. He’s a great guy. Of course, if he doesn’t come through, I won’t like him quite as much.”
    • "The Democrats are trying to steal the White House. You can not let them."
    • "They want to turn, the Democrats do, America into Venezuela with no jobs, no prosperity, no rights, no freedom, no future for you and your family. "
    Meanwhile at the 'Save America' rally he held in DC on the morning of the 6th, he added the following:
    • “We’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you,”
    • “You’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”
    • When they chanted "Fight for Trump!", he responded "Thank you."
    And in the video he put out afterward, he told them: “We love you. You’re very special,”.

With rhetoric like that, no rational person could say he wasn't trying to agitate them into doing something. So which is it? Are you an enemy of the US, are you delusional, or just uninformed?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    "I've enjoyed Penny-Arcade for a long time, but criticizing pedophilia and terrorist insurrection?

Now they've gone too far!"

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    It's Nidhoggr.
    Friggin' mythology posers.

Eh, one old Swedish worm's as good as another.

• Options
    PALaxxPALaxx Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    So which is it? Are you an enemy of the US, are you delusional, or just uninformed?

None of the above. You probably shouldn't assume that someone who's able to think for themselves and recognize the blatant hypocrisy, fear-mongering, and media bias to call it out must also be a "dirty Trump supporter". Both sides are your enemy and don't care what you think or who you are. They're only looking out for their own interests and that very rarely, if ever, has aligned with the American people.
    Djiem wrote: »
    "I've enjoyed Penny-Arcade for a long time, but criticizing pedophilia and terrorist insurrection?

Now they've gone too far!"

Cute. It's a strip based on misinformation, but your quip sure is cute nonetheless.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    So your position is that because politicians and corporations on both sides of the political spectrum are bad, people are wrong to call for government officials to punish those responsible for an attack on our democracy? And you think that makes you sound less deluded?

Setting aside that there is no hypocrisy here since neither the Democrats nor the media have ever organized a raid on the Capitol to stop an election from being honored, perhaps you would be willing to clarify why you expressed such a condescending attitude to Jerry's position on this? Which of the following do you object to?
    1. That there was a violent trespassing into the Capitol Building with the intent to stop congressional proceedings from confirming the election.
    2. That we know who was responsible. Trump, and the Trump supporters, many of whom posted about it online before, during, and after, and talked about how they wouldn't be so peaceful 'next time'.
    3. That it is a serious problem when people try to use threats and/or violence to alter the outcome of an election.
    4. That there is a pressing need to remove the perpetrators from positions of power and strictly punish them so there won't be a 'next time'.

I mean, if you aren't a Trump supporter & you pay attention to what's going on, then I struggle to see how you could disagree with any of the above. And if you acknowledge those points, then you agree with what Jerry had to say about it.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Dingding123Dingding123 Registered User new member
    farting contest in here

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    When did his son suddenly jump in age that much? It feels like just a few strips ago he was still a little kid/preteen.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    When did his son suddenly jump in age that much? It feels like just a few strips ago he was still a little kid/preteen.

He has two sons, with a decent age gap.

dennis on