As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Throw Santa in the Maw for Secret Shamblers [SE++ WoW]

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    i thought the laser was making pools of fire when it tagged people but i wasn't sure. probably wasn't helping our fire situation + people not recognizing the meteor ability yet. i also was not aware the little gargoyle guys explode

also I had a very fun time hunter-ing. I may swap to bm when I have the weapon and leggo for it but got some nice stuff and hit raptor strike a lot. Huge Quest™ continues

gonna try to pug the rest of normal to get some better secondaries at some point

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the laser just shows who the phoenixes are fixated on, they poop out fire under themselves, and also can be CC'd and knocked back into existing fire pools to control the spread

BahamutZERO.gif
    no i mean the one the boss casts at people that we weren't doing a good job avoiding

7yh4xczljsym.png
    Oh the stack up or die one? Or the faces random player 40 yard cone one?

The stack drops a very large pool under whoever gets targeted, might want to drop that in the corners if we can reach them. Maybe not enough time.

The cone seems to fart out a few small pools randomly in its AOE.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I think what we might need to do is focus more on having people donate blood.

It seems that the adds start to spawn faster as the fight goes on so even if we're all focusing on adds we're still going to get overwhelmed.

I think we just need to concentrate more on pumping as much blood as possible into Kael'thas to push that second shade phase as fast as we can.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    T4CT showed me this cool site that has handy bullet points for each boss in Nathria

https://mythictrap.com/castleNathria/sunkingssalvation

everyone should read it; its got good stuff in there

Hey this is really fucking good and will be much more useful than having to hunt through a 10 minute video for relevant bits. Thanks T4CT/Javen.

• NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    I've been out of this game for entirely too long. How much does realm population matter? Cho'gall looks like it was combined with others not long ago, is it currently a good place to start or does it feel like it's in a decline? I assume a medium population is still healthy?

edited January 2021
    Fonjo wrote: »
    I've been out of this game for entirely too long. How much does realm population matter? Cho'gall looks like it was combined with others not long ago, is it currently a good place to start or does it feel like it's in a decline? I assume a medium population is still healthy?

It doesn’t matter at all, a ton of servers mingle with each other now and the game feels well populated.

In fact it’s arguably too crowded if you had any intention to flag for war mode.

rhylith on
    edited January 2021
    Oh the stack up or die one? Or the faces random player 40 yard cone one?

The stack drops a very large pool under whoever gets targeted, might want to drop that in the corners if we can reach them. Maybe not enough time.

The cone seems to fart out a few small pools randomly in its AOE.

The cone. I was under the impression it was making a puddle when it hit a target and that we were bad. If that's the case and 1-3 people take it to the face each time that's a lot of random puddles we didnt plan for

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Oh no that fire cone just straight up murderates the shit out of you. Whether it drops fire when it does so is irrelevant since nobody should get hit by it.

It is not instantly fatal just pretty close. People were getting tagged and healed back up so yes if that produces errant puddles it is relevant to stop doing that?

7yh4xczljsym.png
    So I've noticed that Cho'gall is connected to 4-5 realms. I can make a character in any of those and join the guild, right? Also, what does that mean for open world stuff? Do we all share the same zones and run past each other? Same names are a thing but have an asterisk next to them if they are from another realm?

edited January 2021
    You’re overthinking this, if you wanna shamble just roll up a character on chogall, the server population is fine.

But yes the other servers run around with everyone else, and names are Name - Server

rhylith on
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I haven't quite seen two of the same name ever, those might actually share lockout on server groups rather than servers.

But, they did clear out a whole bunch of names not actually being used awhile ago. So you may be able to get what name you want, you might as well check.

I was just curious cause I figured I could grab names I want from other servers if they are connected to Cho'gall overworld. Otherwise I'd not bother and just make all of my characters on Cho'gall. A few of my favorite names are taken but available on Elune, etc.

I think you have to be on a guild’s server to join a guild.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Characters created on connected realms can join each others guilds.

Also, connected realms don't share the same name pool. It's why even connected realms have the <name>-<server> syntax. Two characters can have the same name on two different but connected servers, it would just look like 'Javen-Cho'Gall' and 'Javen-Ragnaros'

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Characters created on connected realms can join each others guilds.

woah
    you've given me an idea

Oh hell

Yeah, I gathered that it just had to be on the connecter servers. So Cho'gall, Laughing Skull, A-something, Gilneas, Elune... all have the ability to join the guild. Probably missing one. Also, the overworld shards that fill the zones just have to be within + or - 3hours of the time zone I think? Those can't join the guild unless the realm is considered connected. It explains why I saw a Zul'jin character running around. Neat.

And... let me get this straight... I can party with friends on other servers, even if they are not connected, right?

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Going to make a bunch of characters named Mirren and Javen on connected realms.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Cho'Gall.Cho'Gall

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Fonjo wrote: »
    Yeah, I gathered that it just had to be on the connecter servers. So Cho'gall, Laughing Skull, A-something, Gilneas, Elune... all have the ability to join the guild. Probably missing one. Also, the overworld shards that fill the zones just have to be within + or - 3hours of the time zone I think? Those can't join the guild unless the realm is considered connected. It explains why I saw a Zul'jin character running around. Neat.

And... let me get this straight... I can party with friends on other servers, even if they are not connected, right?

Elune, Gilneas, Auchindoun, and Laughing Skull are the realms connected to Cho'gall

And you can group/chat with people on other realms, just not in the open world I believe. It'd need to be instanced content like dungeons or raids. But you can't run around doing world quests or anything like that.

I'm reading that if you are friends with someone by RealID on battlenet, you can invite them to your party and it will transport them to your shard allowing you to quest with them. But they would not be able to join guilds or trade, I believe.

edited January 2021
    As long as you're both within the same region (NA, EU, etc) that's correct

Javen on
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    for all intents and purposes, cho'gall, laughing skull, auchindoun, gilneas and elune are the same server. the only reason they don't do server merges merges anymore is so people can keep their names

you will see and play with people from other realms. you cannot trade with them or, heavens forfend, mythic raid. you can however trade dungeon items to people in your party even if they're from other realms, because the system is confusing.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Cross realm mythic raids are locked till the hall of fame is filled for reasons

icGJy2C.png
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    But you can't run around doing world quests or anything like that.

No no, you can actually do this, you'll just get phased to the leader's open world and whatever servers they draw from.

Cross realm mythic raids are locked till the hall of fame is filled for reasons

That's just for realms outside of the connected realms, right? Cho'gall, Laughing Skull, etc aren't locked?

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I have no idea actually now that you mention it maybe server groups can mythic raid dunno never tried it

icGJy2C.png
    Once the mythic limiter is off it follows the same cross-realm rules as the other difficulties

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I have no idea actually now that you mention it maybe server groups can mythic raid dunno never tried it

for all intents and purposes, cho'gall, laughing skull, auchindoun, gilneas and elune are the same server.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    for all intensive purposes chogle laughs at skulls up in down gilknees and the moon are the same sever

BahamutZERO.gif
    Big thanks to Zau for doing Ranked 2v2 with me. We sucked but we got enough conquest for me to be only 5 away from a weapon

i would keep doing it another night, it was fun since you can just get right back in there and there are still some ilvl 200 upgrades i could get

spider sting seemed to auto win vs any caster oriented team but when that didnt happen I would just get splatted by the enemy team within seconds

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Logically I know I should be gearing up my rogue, venturing into mythic keystones or whatever, but instead I keep getting distracted leveling a bunch or random characters. Got my DH to 50 and into Shadowlands content, started working on my Shaman, and I just finished unlocking a few more Allied races so that's more stuff to get distracted by. Also, honestly did not expect strike breaking to feature so prominently in the Vulpera unlock quest! I still have a level 50 boost from preordering SL way back, but not even sure what I want to use it on at this point.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I leveled my shaman with Threads of Fate or whatever, and I finished up all the "Go to each of the 4 places and do dailies" quests around 58 and this last level and a half were painful. Dungeons gave me like....2 bubbles of XP? About the same as a daily quest. I'm still 59, just waiting for dailies that give bonus XP.

• Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    AFAIK the fastest way to level is still to run through the story, then switch to Threads of Fate at like 59.5
    ph blake wrote: »
    Also, honestly did not expect strike breaking to feature so prominently in the Vulpera unlock quest!

I felt genuinely dirty doing that quest, and all for a race that I probably won't ever use

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    AFAIK the fastest way to level is still to run through the story, then switch to Threads of Fate at like 59.5
    ph blake wrote: »
    Also, honestly did not expect strike breaking to feature so prominently in the Vulpera unlock quest!

I felt genuinely dirty doing that quest, and all for a race that I probably won't ever use

That is the fastest way to level, but it doesn't let you get 4 Renown for free by doing the zone metaquests in Threads.

One of those is going to be more important for each individual than the other.