As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What do we want? [Webcomics]!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    alt text soundtrack for this page
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6EcIXaHoeU

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    if ever we're about to get a TPK it might be now

I just didn't anticipate the P that was going to get TKed was the Demiurge Alliance

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    m3qdzryazq5s.jpg
    Gunnerkrigg Court

Yeah, I think Annie's done being polite to the elves.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Ah, is this because he had one paragraph about Politics in the newpost?

Because that'll do ya.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I think I have a problem…
    I find myself mired in morbid curiosity about what specific horrible stereotype Joyce harbours about people who wear glasses. This is not how I wanted my day to go…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    I think I have a problem…
    I find myself mired in morbid curiosity about what specific horrible stereotype Joyce harbours about people who wear glasses. This is not how I wanted my day to go…
    Always remember that Joyce's stereotypes and prejudices are/were Willis':

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i mean honestly, i've noticed lately that i probably need to get a vision test and might need glasses, and I definitely have a similar kind of anxiety about it

like there's nothin' wrong with glasses but it's fucked up and weird that my face is just gonna look different from here on out

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    In today's Alfie, Lydia forces Alfie to confront her own hypocrisy.

Author text:
    The Alfie virgin walk vs the Lydia chad stride

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    i mean honestly, i've noticed lately that i probably need to get a vision test and might need glasses, and I definitely have a similar kind of anxiety about it

like there's nothin' wrong with glasses but it's fucked up and weird that my face is just gonna look different from here on out

I remember feeling the same way back when I first had to get glasses. The sudden realisation of "Oh shit. I can SEE" helped a little. But I still took a very long time deciding on what style of glasses to get. And thats the thing. There is such a huge range of reserved to in your and everyone else's face of style that its intimidating. I'd only say if you do have to get glasses, try lots of styles, and don't be pressured by anyone else into a certain pair.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    The greatest proof that I was always a nerd was that I was excited to get glasses in middle school. Although I think I was greatly influenced by the way Sting puts his glasses on in this music video. Sting was 100% of my idea of cool as a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYps5LfOaGg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Silmaril wrote: »

I remember feeling the same way back when I first had to get glasses. The sudden realisation of "Oh shit. I can SEE" helped a little. But I still took a very long time deciding on what style of glasses to get. And thats the thing. There is such a huge range of reserved to in your and everyone else's face of style that its intimidating. I'd only say if you do have to get glasses, try lots of styles, and don't be pressured by anyone else into a certain pair.

Yeah, I had to get glasses early on in middle school. Thankfully, nobody was attempting to bully me at that precise moment because I would have had a 200% weak spot about it at the time. It doesn't take long to just get over it, at least, that's how it was for me, but at first it did feel like braces part 2, except now permanent.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Mmm beans and rice

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Man, this Monster Pulse ending is incredibly video-gamey.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Look guys, I’m no artist but I had this in my head and now you have to see it too.

1lwnsz2yusd3.jpeg

• Options
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    Yeah. I feel like the post-timeskip stuff was getting overly grim, but then when this final fight stuff started it overcorrected.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular

jjjjjoiiin ussssss speeeeeeeeed

• Options
    Look guys, I’m no artist but I had this in my head and now you have to see it too.

1lwnsz2yusd3.jpeg

This is really good art so actually you are an artist, DEAL WITH IT

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

Yeah, I had to get glasses early on in middle school. Thankfully, nobody was attempting to bully me at that precise moment because I would have had a 200% weak spot about it at the time. It doesn't take long to just get over it, at least, that's how it was for me, but at first it did feel like braces part 2, except now permanent.

I'm kind of confused by all of you here because like, contacts are a thing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Yes but not everyone's up for carefully poking a finger into both eyes to slip contacts on.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Not everyone's prescriptions can be covered by contacts

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Not everyone's prescriptions can be covered by contacts

that is true

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Eh

More like it's the ending to the first season of digimon. An homage at least.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular

Eh

What is a digimon? A miserable little pile of vidyagames.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular

Eh

What is a digimon? A miserable little pile of vidyagames.

I thought it was a miserable pile of toyetic accessories?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Digimon are just what happens when you make Tamagotchi fight each other

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

Contacts are far from universally viable. Some prescriptions of lenses can't be made as contacts. Some people's eyes get irritated by wearing them to a degree that becomes unbearable, or even risks causing damage. Some people lack the fine motor control to place or remove them. Some people have trouble with short term memory or executive function and find the imposition of extra responsibility to maintain them or buy disposable ones to be an insurmountable challenge, even if other people find it totally trivial.

Some people are just straight up terrified by the idea of touching their eyeball, and you know what, fuck anyone who calls that an irrational fear. That is a very rational fear. Contact lenses may be a case where we have minimized or outright eliminated many of the risks, but overall I'd say evolution did a good job baking that fear into so many of our brains.

Personally, I have neurological conditions that carry sensory processing issues right at the intersection of ADHD and ASD, plus an extra dose of General Anxiety Disorder. When I tried contact lenses at age 12 there was no pain or discomfort. Just an awareness that Something Was Touching My Eyeball. I get the impression that other people's brains eventually filter out extraneous data like that, once it's clear that it's not a threat. Not mine! Quite the opposite, over the following several hours, that awareness grew in intensity until it was the only thought I could process. Something Was Touching My Eyeball. Something Was Touching My Eyeball. Something Was Touching My Eyeball. Something Was Touching My Eyeball. Something Was Touching My Eyeball.

Ultimately I lasted most of an afternoon before I had a panic attack, and could never bring myself to try putting contact lenses in a second time. It's the same root cause that's kept me from going swimming for 20 years, because the idea of water being inside my ear inspires the same emotion I get from serious, somber reflection on what Nuclear War would be like. Or why, if I sustain a minor burn in my mouth from hot food, I'm going to need prescription drugs to get to sleep that night.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I would have used my robot hand for good

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.