As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮 - Tiny Lands, Redout Space Assault, Rain City & Home Behind 2 out today!

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I started enjoying Fallen Order a lot more when I learned you can mod Cal into a girl on PC. edit: and then proceeded to do so.

sycjlgvzxs1o.png

How can you do this without providing a link?

E: NM I found it, the first one I saw didn't look like that so I got confused.

I approve of calling the mod Gal Kestis.

Aistan on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I finished There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension. That game (excuse me, non-game) was very charming.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Everyone should play the pinball metroidvania

Dang for a second I thought Yoku 2 was announced.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Glad I only paid $15 for Mortal Shell.

It's not great. I thought Ashen would hold the title for worst late game area in a souls game but godamn if this endless obsidian nightmare didn't jump its way to the top.

At least the game was short.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Dark Souls 2, update 6
    didn't do a whole lot today.

Explored the Iron Keep a bit more, but I'm pretty sure I've done everything of note there.

Remembered a locked door just before the Last Giant and tried the Iron Key. It worked, despite the description. Leads to the salamander pit, but a) I already have the Heavy Iron Key and b) it was easier to just roll off the walkway above and land on the barricade.

Went back over Harvest Valley and Earthen Peak, looking for goodies. Found some. Couldn't do anything with the torch and the windmill, but I might have been in the wrong spot. One of the Manikins finally dropped their sabre, and I leveled it up to "requires chunks." Ditto (or nearly so) with the Blacksteel Katana.

Wandered to the Bastille and used one of my Yore branches. Pleasantly surprised at how expansive the area behind it was; and I finally got the Bastille Key. Fought some Ruin Sentinels, who ended up being a lot more difficult than they should have been. Just the one try, but it was close. It happened that my falchion was about to break, so I swapped to a lower quality one. Found a new bonfire shortly thereafter. Dropped down a ladder and fought The Pursuer, again. My sixth victory followed shortly.

A bit deeper in, I found the Belfry Luna. Rang the bell. Heard a sound like an elevator, maybe? still not sure what these are doing. Laughed a whole bunch when the Belfry Gargoyle fight started. They seemed to have a lot of health and I started being very confused around my sixth or seventh try.

... then I remembered that I wasn't using my main falchion. Whoooops. Still died a couple of times because it's been a long day, but they went down soon enough.

Hit the bonfire after those guys and then ran through the Bastille, looking for locked doors. Very little of value: I had at least hoped for an estus shard (note: I hadn't actually, but that feels true). Oh! It did give me the Southern Ritual Ring, which will give me an attunement slot. I didn't even need the key for McDuff, because I broke down the wall ages ago. I did light up the Lost Sinner's room because, sure, why not.

I may have missed some stuff between the Sentinels and the Gargoyles; might take another pass tomorrow.

Checked around Majula to see what's changed, and the ladder dude from Earthen Peak has joined the community. This finally explains the bloodstain-memories I saw early on, with people climbing a ladder into the Grave of Saints. I'm guessing that those dead people skimped on the cost. I intend to buy the miniature ladder because that tickles my fancy.
    Wait, you did Luna and didn't immediately get invaded by 3 people and have your shit pushed in?

Maybe I'm just really, really bad at PVP.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    tbh I don't really understand how the invasion stuff works.

My understanding is that you have to be human to get player invasions, and I just don't do that. I'm fine without the bonus to health.

There have been a couple of invasions that felt different (both in movement and in the fade-to-black) than the usual Forlorn / Armorer Dennis type, so who knows.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Just hit credits after about thirty hours of Hades and have absolutely no desire to stop now, although I really need some more diamonds

In my abandoned 100%attempt file diamonds were what I gave up on. I finished the mirror, convos, relationships, and most of not all the prophesies/cheetos and had ambrosia and nectar out my ears (though some keepsakes could have been upgraded more to use the ambrosia but they were ones I didn't love using) and...there are just so many more sinks for diamonds. And unlike titan blood where you could get 2 and sometimes 3 per heat run, diamonds are one sometimes two and that's rough buddy, from a friend perspective.

Though if I remember, credits aren't at all the end of content, though they'd still make a satisfying end for a game.

After a while the drip of rewards just wasn't enough to keep me grinding and only a few of the difficulty mods were actually much fun or interesting to me. That said the mods (in spoiler just in case) are brilliant and some of my faves in any game.
    seriously extreme measures, and benefits package alone would have been a good set to justify the pacts existence. And the first hit armor, as well as the things that limit your boons or make you lose one per section are also great. Everything around incremental speed/health/number of enemies increases is boring and just makes runs longer without adding much interest for me.

But that's quibbles. That's "lol wow has no endgame after I play the endgame for 50 hours, 3/10" god hades was good. And I'll hold out hope for some dlc or expansion that gives me more to play with.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

My understanding is that you have to be human to get player invasions, and I just don't do that. I'm fine without the bonus to health.

There have been a couple of invasions that felt different (both in movement and in the fade-to-black) than the usual Forlorn / Armorer Dennis type, so who knows.

Huh, I thought you could be invaded at any time in ds2, not just when human

It might just be that not many people are playing it these days and those who are don't match you soul memory wise

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular

DS2 has a bunch of different invasion types. The two extra special ones are Belfry Luna, where people in its covenant will get pulled into your world to defend the place (whether you're human or not) and Rat covenant, where people entering the area are technically the ones pulled into the defender's world, making them the (unwilling/unknowing) invader.

My main problem with Luna is that it's just not a fair fight. Unless you come in there with a friend you'll be facing a 2v1 fight, and that's on top the NPCs in the place being hostile to you. And you can go "but it's an optional PVP area!" all you like, it's a) not exactly hidden, b) its optional status isn't really advertised in any way in-game and c) fucking making it fair then.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The Division and The Crew are open world, so the new game being one isn't much of a stretch.

sig.gif
    Dark Souls 2, minor update
    - silenced the windmill in Earthen Peak. Annoyed that the greater fireball doesn't work, but the torch does.
    - re: update 6, I took a quick pass over Bastille but didn't notice anything
    - entered Drangleic Castle
    - - the story of Vendrick vanguishing the Four Great Ones sounds oddly familiar, but I don't know if I should conclude that he was this world's Chosen Undead
    - - I kind of don't want him to be, because that's too mundane for this series.
    - found the Frozen Flower, so I can get into the Ivory King's area. Yay?

not really sure where I should focus my efforts. Drangleic feels like the next major stop. There's an area below the Gutter that I entered but did not explore. A couple of DLC areas are available. Oh, and a Yore lock on a fog gate in Things Betwixt that might have something.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Star Wars Galaxies 2

Come on you cowards. Let my Master Smuggler/Master Tailor live again!

For real though, of my two most memorable multiplayer experiences in video games, one was in Star Wars Galaxies, and the other was in Chromehounds.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    massive have a bunch of talented artists and tech so at the very least their star war should look pretty and run well

and they know how to do snow really well so the Hoth level will be amazing

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Twi'lek Tailor Smuggler Jedi

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The absolute last thing I want to do is play an open world game by Ubisoft, a garbage company that needs to be burned down or have anybody in management positions fired

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Fuck Jedi in that game. Smuggler for life.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Jedoc wrote: »

fine, I'd watch it

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Make it post Rise of Skywalker, you cowards.

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I want an Obi-Wan detective game.

The first part of Episode II with Obi is some of the best stuff in the prequels.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Give me a game where I play as that 1950's scifi diner alien

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4

actually wait did star wars kinect's dance-off mode have a version where you got to boogie to this

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Let Harmonix make a Star Wars rhythm game. Jizz Band or whatever.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Jizz Wailer Hero

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4

actually wait did star wars kinect's dance-off mode have a version where you got to boogie to this

Having owned this game (yes really) I'm almost certain it did.

Making that singing alien a recurring character in clone wars was certainly a choice someone made.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The Snowdrop engine has been used for everything from Starlink to South Park so that isn't a big indicator of what it will be, but "The Division 2 but Star Wars" would be pretty awesome.

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Give me a game where I play as that 1950's scifi diner alien

Dexter Jettster and Boss Nass team up to solve a mystery along with their wisecracking sidekick Jar Jar.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Massive was on the Just Dance beat for a bit before The Division, so can’t rule out the possibility of the first Star Wars dance title. And it has to be open world, because you need to travel the galaxy to challenge other crews.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Please give me Star Wars: Bounty Hunter II though

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Massive was on the Just Dance beat for a bit before The Division, so can’t rule out the possibility of the first Star Wars dance title. And it has to be open world, because you need to travel the galaxy to challenge other crews.

How can you forget that this is a thing that happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A&ab_channel=CVG

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I will never get sick of Lando popping in there and being the only one who's not horribly out of place

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Watching that makes me sad I got rid of my 360 and kinect.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I remember when that came out and people were slagging it as the Worst Thing Ever, Star Wars Has Been Desecrated, and I'm like what are you talking about this shit is hilarious.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

How can you forget that this is a thing that happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A&ab_channel=CVG

omg
    The game features four game modes: "Jedi Destiny", the primary game mode; podracing; Rancor Rampage; and Galactic Dance-off.

omg. I missed out, apparently.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    It's nice that a star wars game will be made by literally anyone other than EA, but giving it to Ubi "Yves Guillemot covered for sexual abusers" soft isn't much of an improvement.

Zxerol wrote: »
    I remember when that came out and people were slagging it as the Worst Thing Ever, Star Wars Has Been Desecrated, and I'm like what are you talking about this shit is hilarious.

it was easily the best part of star wars kinect

it's... extremely difficult to be excited about any part of this game

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    People always bring up the Solo song when talking about that game, but there are so many other banging songs with even weirder character models.

https://youtu.be/TRRTRGehkuM
    Like this “I’ve heard of how humans look” Leia that appears halfway through.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    That Han Solo dance bit broke something inside of me.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    edited January 2021
    Play as Skippy, the square, flexible skeleton in this cute Action-RPG, to keep a heartbroken court magician from destroying the world with his army of monsters and undead! Change out your body parts with those of enemies and friends and become the hero of Cubold Kingdom!

20210113 Skellboy Refractured (Action RPG, 2.5D, Co-op)

Brolo on
This discussion has been closed.