As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] Breath of the Gacha (1.2 out now!)

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    I'm seeing math people saying ganyu will likely be top tier as carry and sub, not just pretty good. Assuming kbam I guess.

Yeah this is the only thing keeping me from rolling. I did the test run and it was just as frustrating as I was expecting.

On the plus side, I’m looking forward to faster co-op clears with her on the team!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    I'm seeing math people saying ganyu will likely be top tier as carry and sub, not just pretty good. Assuming kbam I guess.

Yeah this is the only thing keeping me from rolling. I did the test run and it was just as frustrating as I was expecting.

On the plus side, I’m looking forward to faster co-op clears with her on the team!

I don't have too much trouble doing archer-friendly targets as fast as charged shots will come out with a controller, i.e. Ruin Guardian etc. weak spots or the wind orb thing, but I doubt I'll ever be able to chain headshots on moving Fatui and Hillichurls fast enough.

Then again, the game doesn't have a weird jittery camera clearly not designed for the increments of movement a mouse might send, the way some third person action games do. So maybe I'll try to switch over anyway.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I actually did the test run with a controller on pc and i was really really liking how ganyu felt with her charged attacks.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Her double charge gives you more time to line up shots, I noticed.

• Options
    My kingdom for a controller! I’m on mobile and the aiming is really janky and jumpy using my thumb on the screen.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    Anyways, I went deep on both zhongli and albedo so it’s good to have an excuse to skip a banner anyways.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I went for it. Damn I'm weak. But Ganyu get!

Also C6 Noelle. Time to sweep up.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    My kingdom for a controller! I’m on mobile and the aiming is really janky and jumpy using my thumb on the screen.
    You can always use a controller on phone. Not officially supported yet but there's third party apps. :3

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Sup guys. I need help with Lost Riches Special Treasure 2. Is there any way to beat this solo?

I'm using Zhongli, Ninggaung and two pyro for damges. Zhongli is the damager. He is built for damage (not maxed or anything, but I've never had a problem with a timed challenge before).

I'm doing all the right things to do damage and there's just straight up no way to kill the third enemy before time runs out. Way, way, waaaaay too much health. I got him to just above 70% before time ran out.

Am I missing something with this enemy? Is there some trick to make it go faster? Do I have to coop?

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Entering banner with 76 into soft pity...

9 Singles -> Diluc C1

BLARGH. welp, guess I'm probably not gonna be able to roll for Amos' Bow

Roll 1 - Xiangling C4, Xingqiu C1
    Roll 2 - Fav GS
    Roll 3 - Noelle C2
    Roll 4 - Noelle C3
    Roll 5 - Fav Lance
    Roll 6 - Ganyu, Xingqiu C2

Could be worse, I guess.

I have some currency leftover, enough to think about flipping the coin for Ganyu C1 or taking a shot at Amos. Gonna have to think about it.

In the mean time...

gxsAcFIl.png

P341w3kl.png

It's a start.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I've always felt like I wasn't getting much out of my Mona ult despite its reputation, and simming seems to agree, pretty much any other decent character is getting better results for me, even with the proper set up for vaporize multipliers. Even setting her up with completely ridiculous perfect gear.
    Sup guys. I need help with Lost Riches Special Treasure 2. Is there any way to beat this solo?

I'm using Zhongli, Ninggaung and two pyro for damges. Zhongli is the damager. He is built for damage (not maxed or anything, but I've never had a problem with a timed challenge before).

I'm doing all the right things to do damage and there's just straight up no way to kill the third enemy before time runs out. Way, way, waaaaay too much health. I got him to just above 70% before time ran out.

Am I missing something with this enemy? Is there some trick to make it go faster? Do I have to coop?

If it's the one I'm thinking, the last enemy has a big Geo barrier on his health bar that you need to take out. I imagine Zhongli will work for that, Noelle and Geo Traveler abilities always served me well enough at handling that.

Also, make sure you burn the other two quickly, since they don't reset your time, they add to it, so if you burn them quickly you'll have a lot more time for the last one.

Kamar on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I was also at 70+ pulls, did a 10-pull, got Diluc c1.

I don't use Diluc at all.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I've always felt like I wasn't getting much out of my Mona ult despite its reputation, and simming seems to agree, pretty much any other decent character is getting better results for me, even with the proper set up for vaporize multipliers. Even setting her up with completely ridiculous perfect gear.

If it's the one I'm thinking, the last enemy has a big Geo barrier on his health bar that you need to take out. I imagine Zhongli will work for that, Noelle and Geo Traveler abilities always served me well enough at handling that.

Also, make sure you burn the other two quickly, since they don't reset your time, they add to it, so if you burn them quickly you'll have a lot more time for the last one.

I broke the geo barrier near instantly, and I burned down the other two as fast as it is actually possible to dps with the characters I have (also smashing their geo shields in seconds since Zhongli and Ningguang annihilate geo shields). You'll just have to believe there are no more bonuses to be achieved there that I'm not doing. He just has that much health.

I looked it up and apparently he's strong against physical attacks and even more so against geo. I don't really have a non physical attack character levelled up that isn't geo atm so, kinda screwed I guess.

Tomorrow I guess I'll have to try some coop.

I've been building a lisa, she's 74 with a 70 weapon, but she has no artifacts. (AR44) I do have a lot floating around I could build something out of. Could try to setup some good elemental reactions with barbara. Or just coop. We'll see.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

I broke the geo barrier near instantly, and I burned down the other two as fast as it is actually possible to dps with the characters I have. You'll just have to believe there are no more bonuses to be achieved there that I'm not doing. He just has that much health.

I looked it up and apparently he's strong against physical attacks and even more so against geo. I don't really have a non physical attack character levelled up that isn't geo atm so, kinda screwed I guess.

I've been building a lisa, she's 74 with a 70 weapon, but she has no artifacts. (AR44) I do have a lot floating around I could build something out of. Could try to setup some good elemental reactions with barbara. Or just coop. We'll see.

Could you take kaeya and lisa and superconduct him, see if the 40% physical res debuff is enough to get your physical damage there? I fought him with Geo Traveler as my carry so it was a slog for me too. Also had me seeing red because the two previous shield mobs are in the 'almost certainly going to end up standing on my meteorite' size category.

Kamar on
  • Options
    edited January 2021

I broke the geo barrier near instantly, and I burned down the other two as fast as it is actually possible to dps with the characters I have. You'll just have to believe there are no more bonuses to be achieved there that I'm not doing. He just has that much health.

Could you take kaeya and lisa and superconduct him, see if the 40% physical res debuff is enough to get your physical damage there? I fought him with Geo Traveler as my carry so it was a slog for me too. Also had me seeing red because the two previous shield mobs are in the 'almost certainly going to end up standing on my meteorite' size category.

I have diona at 80 I could try her with lisa to debuff him, but wouldn't the +15% from geo resonance and +25% from pyro resonance get me 40% anyway?

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited January 2021

I have diona at 80 I could try her with lisa to debuff him, but wouldn't the +15% from geo resonance and +25% from pyro resonance get me 40% anyway?

I don't think it's the same? He has 50% physical res, so 100 damage becomes 50. Superconduct will drop that his physical resistance to 10% so you'll get 90. I think.

Versus, say, 100 becoming 140 with the resonances, then becoming 70 with the resistance. So superconduct should be better for your physical, though it won't effect your other damage sources, at a glance.

It's probably more complicated with that in terms of when multipliers are applied and whatnot, but I think that will favor superconduct more, not less.

Kamar on
  • Options
    edited January 2021

I don't think it's the same? He has 50% physical res, so 100 damage becomes 50. Superconduct will drop that his physical resistance to 10% so you'll get 90. I think.

Versus, say, 100 becoming 140 with the resonances, then becoming 70 with the resistance. So superconduct should be better for your physical, though it won't effect your other damage sources, at a glance.

It's probably more complicated with that in terms of when multipliers are applied and whatnot, but I think that will favor superconduct more, not less.

Alright I'll give it a go tomorrow and see how it works. Even with all that though, I only got him down to 70% after wailing on him with proper Zhongli combo cancelling on the multihit kick part of his combo, so maybe I'll get him to 40% or something.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Okay I seriously hate this Emergency Supplies commission, and I keep getting it. I don't want to have to go prep or buy ham, and if I do I don't want to waste it on this.

• Options
    I can’t remember the rule about doing coop with world level, as I’m WL 7, but if you need help I can come.

I don’t really remember that challenge I think I just zapped the shield with zhongli and then razor crushed him- the main enemy is one of those huge groups dudes right?

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I guess I've just run into a dps check and it turns out my dps isn't as high as I thought. We don't have any of the cool characters like Razor, or Bennet, or Venti, or Diluc, or fuck anyone top tier at dps. Just Ningguang (who is not yet built to deeps properly artifacts wise), Diona, Zhongli, Barbs, Xiangling, growing a Lisa for electric. This is the first time I've encountered a challenge so massively overtuned.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Honestly, there are better top tier dps characters and strategies that will have higher ceilings, but I have yet to see anything in this game that matches the consistency of a dps claymore user, specifically razor or diluc. The normal attacks just brute force everything down unless there’s an incredibly hard counter. But even fifty percent physical resistance isn’t enough for a dps physical claymore carry character, they just cronch it up.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Honestly, there are better top tier dps characters and strategies that will have higher ceilings, but I have yet to see anything in this game that matches the consistency of a dps claymore user, specifically razor or diluc. The normal attacks just brute force everything down unless there’s an incredibly hard counter. But even fifty percent physical resistance isn’t enough for a dps physical claymore carry character, they just cronch it up.

Honestly, while he's not in the same league as the others, even Chongyun hits pretty dang hard and he's been a serviceable autoattacker for me on some of the Abyss floors.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Honestly, while he's not in the same league as the others, even Chongyun hits pretty dang hard and he's been a serviceable autoattacker for me on some of the Abyss floors.

My wife uses Xinyan as her physical DPS and the numbers on auto attacks are pretty humbling.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Traveler is actually a quite strong melee with physical gear and either glad or glad+bloodstained if you need one. My Geo Traveler outdamages Xinyan, Beidou, etc. just comparing normal attack spam, though they both have conditional bonuses for 15% spd and 15% damage that can tilt the balance. As far as I know Anemo Traveler has the same multipliers if I leveled their talents, maybe their base stats are different though?

Wonder if I should be charge spamming with them? I know I get roughly double the melee DPS spamming charge as Keqing but that might just be Keqing, now I have to test. Though Traveler gets an elemental hit at the end of combos for a bit of energy, and Geo ult isn't a joke, so...

edit: Nope, Keqing has very high multipliers on her charge attacks.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Pretty sure Keqing's whole optimal pattern is attack-attack-attack-charge. Her charge attack is pretty great.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Ok so the big question is what color ghost is everyone buying to pal around with

Also: new redeem code153YuSaenh

cursedking on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Pretty sure Keqing's whole optimal pattern is attack-attack-attack-charge. Her charge attack is pretty great.

The fewer normals the better her damage, assuming enemies aren't going to get blasted away and you aren't going to scoot so far back you stop hitting. Can't keep it up forever, but then, even the 'sustained' rotations that focus on the carry doing the heavy lifting vs cycling through everyone's skills and ults constantly still have plenty of downtime between skill/ult/other characters. But then you end up having to dodge or sprint in a real fight, so yeah.

pulled from this enormous compendium of Keqing theorycrafting, strange that one character seems to have so much more number crunching math-based theorycrafting around them but I'm not complaining

Attack Frames Damage(%)
    A1 13 64.9
    A2 15 64.9
    A3 26 86.1
    A4 33 104.2
    A5 63 106
    C 46 257

Combo Frames Damage/Frame
    A1C 59 5.456
    A2C 74 5.227
    A3C 100 4.729
    A4C 133 4.339
    5A 150 2.841

So yeah, each normal attack before you charge is a damage loss. But if you're going to be attacking a while, ending up stuck doing 5A because you bottomed out is worse than weaving after 3 or 4 instead of 1. I guess?

With max stamina you can do A1C or A2C 9 times, A3C 15 times, and A4C almost infinitely.

Kamar on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Seems very much like Ganyu is the new top DPS in the game

• Options
    I wonder how much of that is reliant on getting C1 or higher and having a 5* bow.

• Options
    ALSO WHICH SEELIE ARE PEOPLE GETTING SHOW ME YOUR SEELIES

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Can't get them until tomorrow can we?

You are all making me so jealous about Ganyu though!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I wonder how much of that is reliant on getting C1 or higher and having a 5* bow.

None of it

Having her at the absolute top relies on running a Melt comp, which can be awkward due to range

But even in a Freeze comp, her numbers are amongst the very top of the game

Her constellations give her a significant boost, but aren't necessary, and 5* weapons are the same for anyone. They're better if you have one, but 4* weapons work fine.

• Options

I was going to get the yellow one but someone on the subreddit said it looks like a bag of pee so now I can't unsee that. Probably pink.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Can't get them until tomorrow can we?

You are all making me so jealous about Ganyu though!

I guess I haven't tried in the store yet, but I have way more coins than needed to buy one and I've already bought everything else. I just don't know which color to choose.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It's Kinda nice that Ganyu has two different viable artifact and team comp builds that are both super high dps.

You can even run her as either the main dps or the support in Melt comps (though she will be the one doing most of the melting with her Q in the later).

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    And then theres me who doesn't adhere to any of that and just wanna run Mona and Ganyu! :D

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Yeah while it's not her highest DPS, I'm probably gonna run her in Freeze comp just because it's less fiddly

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Was around 70-75 on my pity going into the banner. Did a 10 pull and got Ganyu, c4 noelle, and c4 water sword guy.
    Already have xiangling maxed so I guess I’m done with the banner and saving up.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Yeah while it's not her highest DPS, I'm probably gonna run her in Freeze comp just because it's less fiddly

I'm split on it myself. I don't have a Mona but freeze will still work with Xingqui cycling in auto cancels between charge shots with his ult up.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //