As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam]-heim. Valhalla has no backlogs.

• an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1460830/

Only about 8 years too late...But I'm definitely going to have to give it a go

Hey, I'm rewatching that now! Not sure if I'll be able to make it into season 4 where I tapped out last time.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Apologies for being late, but thanks to @emp123 (AKA The Clap) for the old-timey wonder The Return of the Obra Dinn!

cq4m13p3tj39.png

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    And that's Cyberpunk beated.

... now to make another character and do it again!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Just a heads up for anyone who loves Fallout New Vegas, theres a huuuuuge new mod coming out for it in the next few days thats been in the work for years called "The Frontier".

Complete with its own steam page and installation:

https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/1356060/

Theres been a lot of DLC sized mods for Fallout games in the past but this seems like it might end up being quite abit bigger than that if it lives up to the hype.

https://youtu.be/Z-hTtRXjJnU

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It has car combat.

Working cars.

In the New Vegas engine.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Heya folks, starting my stream here shortly. I'll be playing XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for (hopefully) 12 hours until this time tonight. Currently have enough sacrifices volunteers to fill out a 6-man squad, but we'll be needing more than that in the roster!

Commander difficulty because I don't hate myself enough to play on Impossible. No ironman, but that's only due to unforeseen instability issues that can potentially ruin a campaign, and that is never fun. Instead, I play on bronzeman rules, where I only allow myself one save and I do not scum it under any circumstances.

This will be my first attempt at such a long stream (or any stream at all in recent and not-so-recent history) so hopefully all goes well. Both technically and saving the world, I guess.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Not enough folks in here watching Evma cuss up a storm during the first mission.

That's XCOM baby!--and why I don't last long playing it.

• FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    I've tragically miscalculated how time zones function, and it turns out I'll be at work for most of this one. Looking forward to the VOD!

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    There's a good chance that after 110 hours I might actually beat Cyberpunk tonight.

>.>

Then you can get to work on Fenyx

I unsubbed from ubiconnect or whatever it's called so I can't Fenyx.

But I can immediately restart a new Cyberpunk character! :D

Could always give Bloodlines another run. Or you could always play Mass Effect again... maybe even Andromeda?

I mean, now that we know another ME game is on the way (hopefully with a 4 at the end of the title), you've got to review the storyline, yeah? :D

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    edited January 2021
    Wouldn't you just know it but I encountered technical difficulties which hard-locked my PC.

I'm calling the fine folks who built it in the first place for some pointers, but will attempt to continue streaming throughout the day, but if I get another crash like the one before I may just have to relent because that cannot possibly be good for my compy's health.

Edit: okay yeah so they're going to try and call me back for remote support later today, but worst case scenario is a return-to-base repair. Unfortunately I am outside of my original warranty for the system, so that will price into the hundreds. I can't afford that.

If it is what I suspect it is - that my liquid cooling is not working for some reason - I think I'm just screwed on trying to do more load-intensive things like streaming on what is already a demanding process such as games. So I guess for today my stream is dead in the water, 'cos I really don't want to repeat the crash situation if it is heat related.

That's pretty depressing, what with the anti-climax for the show. Sorry, all :(

EvmaAlsar on
    6YAcQE8.png
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    There's... gonna be a sequel to Carrier Command? And not counting Bohemia's foray with the somewhat ill-fated (but I still liked it a lot despite itself) Gaea Mission?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1489630/Carrier_Command_2/

And... I don't want to feel too down about it but it really doesn't look super Carrier Command-y, at least visually. But I owe it enough to keep an eye on it. The original game is one of the all-time classics. 33 years old now, holy shit.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    There's... gonna be a sequel to Carrier Command? And not counting Bohemia's foray with the somewhat ill-fated (but I still liked it a lot despite itself) Gaea Mission?

And... I don't want to feel too down about it but it really doesn't look super Carrier Command-y, at least visually. But I owe it enough to keep an eye on it. The original game is one of the all-time classics. 33 years old now, holy shit.

This genre is so, utterly cursed that I'm not getting my hopes up.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    Wouldn't you just know it but I encountered technical difficulties which hard-locked my PC.

I'm calling the fine folks who built it in the first place for some pointers, but will attempt to continue streaming throughout the day, but if I get another crash like the one before I may just have to relent because that cannot possibly be good for my compy's health.

Edit: okay yeah so they're going to try and call me back for remote support later today, but worst case scenario is a return-to-base repair. Unfortunately I am outside of my original warranty for the system, so that will price into the hundreds. I can't afford that.

If it is what I suspect it is - that my liquid cooling is not working for some reason - I think I'm just screwed on trying to do more load-intensive things like streaming on what is already a demanding process such as games. So I guess for today my stream is dead in the water, 'cos I really don't want to repeat the crash situation if it is heat related.

That's pretty depressing, what with the anti-climax for the show. Sorry, all :(

That stinks, @EvmaAlsar. I enjoyed the 20 min I was able to catch. And the 3 rookie/1 Grenadier team was crushing it in the sewers, ambushing three OpFor and then having a Sectoid choose to shoot the computer console instead of mind-messing with someone!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Aaaaaaaand now my computer won't even boot.

Stream critical failure.

6YAcQE8.png
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    There's a good chance that after 110 hours I might actually beat Cyberpunk tonight.

>.>

Could always give Bloodlines another run. Or you could always play Mass Effect again... maybe even Andromeda?

I mean, now that we know another ME game is on the way (hopefully with a 4 at the end of the title), you've got to review the storyline, yeah? :D

I definitely don't need to review the storyline. I know every beat of it by heart. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaand now my computer won't even boot.

Stream critical failure.

I just had a problem with my computer suddenly rebooting and then stuck on the initial motherboard popup screen but not able to even go into BIOS.

Turned out that the little watch battery that keeps your BIOS settings when you turn the computer off went bad, and without that little 3.3V to keep the emergency lights running the whole computer grinds to a halt.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2021
    Well the internal RGB and such remain on when powered off and I'm not even getting the mobo popup screen. No signal to display at all. It just spins up the fans and sits there.

Left it completely unplugged for an hour and only difference is it spun up then powered off about 7 times in a row before settling down into starting and just idling again.

Looks like I'm taking it to a repair store for my birthday tomorrow. Woo

EvmaAlsar on
    6YAcQE8.png
    Damn, well please keep us posted. Sorry it had to happen at all but what crap timing.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Sounds like a video issue.

Bad CMOS battery just means that if you unplug/switch off the PSU it will forget everything.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Oh I don't think I thanked @Stabbity Style in here for Blackwake! Thanks buddy!

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »

>.>

at this point it's probably better to just wait to see if the remaster improves anything (I'm skeptical that it won't just reuse the existing PC assets)

steam_sig.png
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone who loves Fallout New Vegas, theres a huuuuuge new mod coming out for it in the next few days thats been in the work for years called "The Frontier".

Complete with its own steam page and installation:

https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/1356060/

Theres been a lot of DLC sized mods for Fallout games in the past but this seems like it might end up being quite abit bigger than that if it lives up to the hype.

https://youtu.be/Z-hTtRXjJnU
    It has car combat.

Working cars.

In the New Vegas engine.
    The future is now!

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Oh I don't think I thanked @Stabbity Style in here for Blackwake! Thanks buddy!

Whoops I think I forgot to do the same!
    ktpqhuvz083q.png

I hope we do a FNG of it some night, but I ain't taking up that mantle again!

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Not enough folks in here watching Evma cuss up a storm during the first mission.

That's XCOM baby!--and why I don't last long playing it.

If you like XCOM-style combat but want something a bit less stressful, TROUBLESHOOTER: Abandoned Children is great. It's fairly anime and the translation from Korean isn't quite 100% perfect but the gameplay is fantastic and there's a ridiculous amount of content for that price tag. Finishing the game (at least according to howlongtobeat) takes 100+ hours, and given I've played 60 hours and haven't even gotten to the tame a beast -mechanic yet I'm sure it's accurate.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

*stares in suspicion, remembers final missions BI CC GM*

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Okay so how does Steam Link work? I want to play a Lego game with the family and I have a PC thats hard to move in a bedroom, a laptop running OSX, a PS3 controller and a Switch Pro controller. Can I make this work?

If I install Lego Marvel on the PC will I be able to stream it to my laptop through Steam no extras needed?

I'll have to figure out the controller situation but maybe it wont be that bad. Worst case I should be able to find a dongle.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular

*stares in suspicion, remembers final missions BI CC GM*

Both Battlezones are on Steam if you want that itch scratched that badly. Also, Brutal Legend.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I reached the final boss of Eden.

And summarily lasted about 30 seconds. Tops.

wVEsyIc.png
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Okay so how does Steam Link work? I want to play a Lego game with the family and I have a PC thats hard to move in a bedroom, a laptop running OSX, a PS3 controller and a Switch Pro controller. Can I make this work?

If I install Lego Marvel on the PC will I be able to stream it to my laptop through Steam no extras needed?

I'll have to figure out the controller situation but maybe it wont be that bad. Worst case I should be able to find a dongle.

I think this would be Steam Remote Play, not Steam Link -- Steam Link is for streaming to devices that don't run Steam, like tablets, phones or smart TVs (for the app) or regular TVs (for the box). From Steam app to Steam app is just Steam Remote Play. I haven't tried it from Windows to OSX, but between Windows PCs, you go into Steam's settings and check off "Enable Remote Play." Start Steam on both PCs and then the target PC's installed library should include the games installed on the host PC -- just run it like you would a locally installed game. The quality of your network will determine how playable it is; I think people usually recommend having both PCs on wired connections, either Ethernet to the router or through a powerline adapter.

Most controllers work with Steam nowadays. Just Google Steam + (name of controller) and try to find a guide that's less than 1-2 years old.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Which one did you get?

And yes, it's a rough fight regardless.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Which one did you get?

Not sure... I didn't know it had more than one, but I spared everyone.

I was lucky enough to have a loadout that was shield city, so of course none of them spawned during the fight...

wVEsyIc.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Polaritie wrote: »

Which one did you get?

Not sure... I didn't know it had more than one, but I spared everyone.

I was lucky enough to have a loadout that was shield city, so of course none of them spawned during the fight...

Ah, I know what fight you hit then. Everything can be dodged but there are definitely some characters I wouldn't want to be for it (read: Hazel).

Edit: Ran that route quick. ...I got a stupid deck that let me basically run Jam Slam and... a few other cards that consumed on use. My deck after the first cycle was just:
    Jam Slam, Doublecast, Refund, Refund
    Focus, Refund, Doublecast, Doublecast
    Shields Up, Refund
    Jam (lots)

Utterly insane damage.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Last night we experienced winds of 50-70mph. The power went out around midnight and hasn’t come back on yet.

I don’t know why I’m telling you all this, but I’m cold, tired, and bored. This sucks.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Yesterday we had to take our 14 year old pupper in for surgery and last we had a hard time settling him down. We all managed to sleep eventually which was a surprise but it was a stressful night. Similarly surprising was the fact that @Orivon seems to have sensed this because I woke up to a gift of Void Bastards.
    1lk814v2dljr.png
    I don't know who Orivon is but all I can think is
    1117665.jpg?b64lines=SEUnUyBHT05FIE1BRCBXSVRIIFBPV0VSCg==
    Thank you very much! I was legit thinking of grabbing this on sale but you've made the decision for me
    EDIT: Drugged up post-op pupper pic:
    duo210idxjvw.png

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    And that's Cyberpunk beated.

... now to make another character and do it again!

I made another character to do it again.

(this game is so damn awesome)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Yesterday we had to take our 14 year old pupper in for surgery and last we had a hard time settling him down. We all managed to sleep eventually which was a surprise but it was a stressful night. Similarly surprising was the fact that @Orivon seems to have sensed this because I woke up to a gift of Void Bastards.
    1lk814v2dljr.png
    Thank you very much! I was legit thinking of grabbing this on sale but you've made the decision for me
    duo210idxjvw.png

Is that a boston bull terrier?

Mine went to doggy heaven a few years back after having a stroke. Was one of the best doggos we've had.

His name was Yoda.

steam_sig.png
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Foefaller wrote: »
    1lk814v2dljr.png
    duo210idxjvw.png

Is that a boston bull terrier?

Mine went to doggy heaven a few years back after having a stroke. Was one of the best doggos we've had.

His name was Yoda.

If that's the same as a Boston Terrier then indeed he is and he too is awesome. He's actually been blind for almost 10 years so other than recovering his surgery, this isn't a big change in his quality of life. We're already thinking if we get another dog in the future, it probably won't be the same breed because he's been so awesome, we might find ourselves unfairly comparing a future dog to this one and that's not fair.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Good to see he's home and recovering, @Ed Gruberman. Love to you all :heartbeat:

This discussion has been closed.