As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comfort [MOVIE] Thread

• asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    won't you get vitamin A poisoning if you eat someone's liver, or is that if you eat the liver from obligate carnivores

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    one of my first dates was a girl showing me cannibal holocaust

years later I would completely obliterate my chances with a crush by getting too enthusiastic in a joke conversation among the group about "would you try people meat?"

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Despite previous literature on this subject the public is implored to NOT eat that "Gimli meat"

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    in general I am leery of eating the parts of the body that are used to filter things

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    decent steak is expensive but sometimes my local grocery will sell big slabs of high grade beef heart for like $3 a pound and dang is that good value.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    what parts of a person would you fry up to make a nugget

Gotta go with our old friend, the ballsack

Boy I bet scrotum cooks up pretty bad

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

"This is an undesirable cut" I bet you would think to yourself as you chew up your beef scrotum in the chophouse, "I feel like I overpaid for this" is what you'd think

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I have implicit instructions to donate my body to the arts if I die, and one of those arts is absolutely the culinary arts

I mean, when else are you going to get the chance to try it?

I guess so I dunno I like the idea but in practice I bet you're just gonna end up giving some wealthy pervert a boner

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    throw me in the trash

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I guess so I dunno I like the idea but in practice I bet you're just gonna end up giving some wealthy pervert a boner

Oh this is definitely an invite only funerary feast, only the perverts I'm friends with are allowed to have boners

• SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular

At least someone ends up happy.

t9migZb.jpg
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I feel like I saw something float by the Twitter feed about Armie Hammer being into cannibalism but that ended up being my "Oh, I'm done on the Twitter for today" moment and I did not investigate further

edited January 2021
    I feel like I saw something float by the Twitter feed about Armie Hammer being into cannibalism but that ended up being my "Oh, I'm done on the Twitter for today" moment and I did not investigate further

Yeah there were some alleged DMs or sexts leaked I think?

It's been relatively known that he's into BDSM, I guess that just also involves some bloodplay as well

Straightzi on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Yeah there were some sexts leaked I think?

what

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    They were fake

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    And Elminster rather sounds like some sort of cheese now I think about it

I would not eat a cheese named Rincewind.

It's Wincerind, actually.

Because of how pungent a bite it has.

Acolytes studying at the feet of the Buddha that is Chico

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I remember being really surprised that William Gibson loved Mute

edited January 2021
    so grizzly ii finally released, and i watched it yesterday. i cannot stress enough how much i loved this poorly stitched together mishmash of hungarian pop music from the eighties, hd stock footage from the 2010s, and jonathyn rhys davies lassooing a giant bear puppet.

top five things that made me love it:

- about 15 minutes of it is stock footage; so much so that numerous stock footage companies get named in the credits

- at least twice in the film, they repeat footage that had already been used in an earlier scene, passing it off as something new

- a good chunk of the foley work was provided by youtube stock sound libraries. they, too, get mentioned in the credits.

- george clooney, laura dern, and charlie sheen are in the opening, since this was filmed in the eighties and abandoned. they have maybe two minutes of screen time. their scene absolutely was supposed to happen later in the film, but they frontload it so the movie can give them all top billing. they are murdered by the bear puppet.

- i now have a new song i am obsessed with:

https://youtu.be/HiAYmEvuUng

all in all, this thing is utter nonsense and barely stitched together, but it's a hoot and a half.

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Shit, I NEED to watch that

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    HELL YEAH, streaming the day before my birthday!

Sweeney Tom on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    In today’s edition of “Movies I’m sure I’ll like but for some reason just never watched.”

Kong: Skull Island

Time to right this wrong

Why the fuck did I wait so long to watch that movie?

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Hubris, probably.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Well now I’m going to watch Action Jackson for the 90th time

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    ok, for people who have seen Tenet. I have a question. I understand the pithy answer to this question is something snarky like the movie doesn't care or that none of it makes sense, and I already think this! But I want to see if there is at least some internal logic in the movie that goes against something I at least took away from the theatre. I also will say that I could barely hear any of the dialogue in the theatre so maybe I missed it:
    Early on in the movie, the characters make it very clear that people cannot go back in time, or time travel, but you can make things time travel. You can also invert yourself with energy rays to make yourself move backwards in time kind of a little bit, but not for a super long time because you can't breathe while doing it unassisted.

So...then why does the climax of the movie, actually three very important aspects of the movie, have people time traveling? Like, they seem to just turn on a dime and go ok well just go to last week and fix the problem?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    cursedking wrote: »
    ok, for people who have seen Tenet. I have a question. I understand the pithy answer to this question is something snarky like the movie doesn't care or that none of it makes sense, and I already think this! But I want to see if there is at least some internal logic in the movie that goes against something I at least took away from the theatre. I also will say that I could barely hear any of the dialogue in the theatre so maybe I missed it:
    Early on in the movie, the characters make it very clear that people cannot go back in time, or time travel, but you can make things time travel. You can also invert yourself with energy rays to make yourself move backwards in time kind of a little bit, but not for a super long time because you can't breathe while doing it unassisted.

So...then why does the climax of the movie, actually three very important aspects of the movie, have people time traveling? Like, they seem to just turn on a dime and go ok well just go to last week and fix the problem?

There is no way I can answer this without violating your opening statement.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

I don't recall them ever saying people can't time travel. But you can't just dial in a time and go straight there. If you want to go back to a specific point, you have to invert and then just.... live your way back to that moment in real time

Kind of like Primer, where you can only go back as long as spend in the machine

I love that the bad guys try to hit Action Jackson with a car so he runs it down ON FOOT and manages to be responsible for the death of at least 20 people while trying to bring the guy down.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I don't recall them ever saying people can't time travel. But you can't just dial in a time and go straight there. If you want to go back to a specific point, you have to invert and then just.... live your way back to that moment in real time

But it never shows them doing that, right? Like the Wife just shows up on the boat at the end of the movie?

I don’t know, I just really did not understand the movie as I was watching it even a little bit. I do not understand why Nolan mixes the dialogue sound the way he does

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021

100%

This is also why I think the theory that
    Pattinson is actually the kid is cute but ultimately unworkable unless he's significantly older than he looks

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    You and your movies that have theories.

Action Jackson gets right to point and doesn’t leave you wondering!!

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Yeah, Tenet is time inversion, not time travel. Nothing jumps to a point in time. You just enter the turnstile and time changes direction for you. And time continues to flow in reverse for that person or object forever until they enter the turnstile again. If they want to get to a week in the past, they have to sit around for for a week as time flows in reverse. But to get somewhere else far away, you need to find a travel method that originated where you want to end up. For the shipping container, as time flows backwards for them, the container is moving from its destination to its origin.

The only thing I recall said about people is they need to take a time inverted oxygen supply with them because time inverted lungs can't process normal time oxygen.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

But it never shows them doing that, right? Like the Wife just shows up on the boat at the end of the movie?

I don’t know, I just really did not understand the movie as I was watching it even a little bit. I do not understand why Nolan mixes the dialogue sound the way he does
    She traveled back to that point with The Protagonist and Neil, that's what they were doing in the shipping container after they captured the turnstyle in the Freeport.

Don't overthink Tenet. It seems a lot more complicated than it actually is. If you watch it with headphones and can actually hear the dialogue it will explain to you exactly what is going on at all times.

if you could clearly hear everything people were saying in a chris nolan movie, you'd immediately know how dumb things are

this is only a half-joke

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

if you could clearly hear everything people were saying in a chris nolan movie, you'd immediately know how dumb things are

this is only a half-joke

no for Tenet it's completely spot on

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

She traveled back to that point with The Protagonist and Neil, that's what they were doing in the shipping container after they captured the turnstyle in the Freeport.

Don't overthink Tenet. It seems a lot more complicated than it actually is. If you watch it with headphones and can actually hear the dialogue it will explain to you exactly what is going on at all times.

This is such a good burn.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

3clipse wrote: »

This is such a good burn.

It's not even intended to be a burn! I liked the film, enough to watch it twice. It's just very on the nose and the characters vomit exposition in every scene, so if you can hear the dialogue the plot has almost no nuance or mystery.

This discussion has been closed.