As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Beyond Light: Out Now!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Thinking of a post from back in D1 where someone came into the thread and was like "When's Universal Remote coming back?" and got told that it was already back, "and they were like oh shit I just assumed it was never coming back, that was my favorite gun, guess I'm gonna play some Destiny when I get home."

Pocket Infinity isn't back, right?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Nah, bungie too busy bringing back literally every exotic handcannon except worse

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So that new mission, afterwards
    no actual resolution or change, he just stays in the same space. no wrap up of what happened? he just keeps working for spider?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    So that new mission, afterwards
    no actual resolution or change, he just stays in the same space. no wrap up of what happened? he just keeps working for spider?

Yeah, it's weird. Really weird.
    I assumed they'd at least move him to the tower to do the same shit.

And there's still the rest of the Hawkmoon quest this season, so maybe something will change later?

It's very strange and feels like it's only half-done or something.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    According to the Ishtar Collective site, there seems to be two text-entries that should happen after the new seasonal mission; one after the cutscene and the other likely at the end of the season.

Crow seems different today, as though a weight has lifted off of him.

"Still can't believe it," he says with cautious amazement, "but Spider was quick to agree to your terms. He never gives up that easy, which means he thinks there's something to gain."

"He sent an engineer to remove the explosives from Glint, so he's held up his end of the bargain… for now." Crow's wariness for the future is tempered by a growing sense of optimism for the present.

"As for me, I plan on sticking around." He cracks a rare smile. "Just a little longer. The High Celebrant may be gone, but we need to clear out the remaining Wrathborn before the cryptoliths will decay. That could take weeks… possibly months."

Crow squares his shoulders to the task ahead. "I'll get things started, then you Tower Guardians can handle the rest. I've earned my freedom, and I intend to enjoy it."

"I suppose this is it," Crow says with a sense of finality. "Time to say goodbye to the Reef. To the only home I've ever known."

He looks thoughtful, if a little distant. "Osiris came by earlier. We talked for a while about my plans for the future. I told him I'd considered exploring somewhere remote, like Venus, but he suggested a different course."

"I'm coming to the Tower." Crow holds his head up high. "People may judge the man I was, but I refuse to cower in the shadow of his legacy. I'm a Guardian. I need to act like one."

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Yeah, we were betting a bit during the raid on when he'd actually move. The most pessimistic bet was the next annual expansion.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Yeah, we were betting a bit during the raid on when he'd actually move. The most pessimistic bet was the next annual expansion.

I mean, from a dev time persepctive, this wouldnt entirely surprise me. They've said that seasonal content is sticking around for the whole year (though i'm curious if that means whatever S15 is will only be avaible for three months before Witch queen?)

Otoh, we know the old tower is being repaired, and a tower refresh is way overdue. So that may happen during one of the seasons

Interesting to see another reference to Venus tho'

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

My guess is that when he does move, they'll either put him by Osiris (as the two have been getting pretty chummy) or in the Hanger not far from Saint (who'd probably keep an eye out for him if asked to by Osiris).

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Damndest thing last night, I don't know whether this person was actually cheating or whether their connection was so bad that they were literally invisible but I've never experienced anything like it. PC people, you have my sympathy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt9HO1X5U_Q

• Options
    I think that's the titan de-sync bug we saw at the start of the season. People use the Behemoth melee to essentially unhook their model from their actual position. You could probably find the actual person running into a wall across the map but to you and everyone including their teammates they are a ghost.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Last week, all I got for killing the High Celebrant was gloves with a roll of 53.

Well, this week I'm happy to report that this week all I got for killing the High Celebrant was gloves with a roll of 53.

Think I might be done with this game for a while.

• Options
    august wrote: »
    Last week, all I got for killing the High Celebrant was gloves with a roll of 53.

Well, this week I'm happy to report that this week all I got for killing the High Celebrant was gloves with a roll of 53.

Think I might be done with this game for a while.

I keep getting pinnacle rewards but their claims of being "high stat" are laughable.

I'm just farming for the ship personally.

• Options
    Since I try to give props where it's due, the ship looks awesome and reminds me of a Cylon Raider. It's my current main / goto ship I use.

As for the armor....

Feels like Iron Banner is the most reliable place to farm high stat armor and that's odd to me.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Feels like Iron Banner is the most reliable place to farm high stat armor and that's odd to me.

My best rolls tend to come from the raid. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but most of my IB pieces tend to roll with high strength and resilience.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I dont put in the time I used to so masterworking feels too prohibitively expensive to chase armor each season and with season pass stats at 65/66 I just grab those MW them and use them till I re-up my stock of golfballs and then masterwork another set of season pass gear.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, raid armor and prime engram armor is typically where I get the pieces I use

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I hope Bungie has some ideas for making armor more interesting, sunsetting is going to make the armor grind really unpleasant. Replacing a kinetic sniper rifle with a new kinetic sniper rifle at least means you're (usually but not always) using a new model with slight changes in stats and perk pools. Sunset armor is just arbitrarily deleted material so you have to grind more in a system that already makes it onerous and difficult to get stat rolls you like.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Yeah. But you do get a ton of resources back for destroying MW armor so it’s not a complete waste

616610-1.png
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Sunsetting is just as shitty as I thought it would be, Bungie even had to emergency patch back a bunch of stuff because their newest DLC was fucking barren of gear.

Should just have removed the Pinnacles and left it at that, finding good stat armor is just impossible, now with added timer until useless, like it wasnt hard enough before.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Bungie's approach to armor stats has baffled me almost more than all the other dumb shit they do that baffles me.

We got stats! We never explain exactly what they mean! We absolutely don't explain how to farm them! Tell you what a good stat roll is? Fuck you! We won't even tell you what the best stat roll is!

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    It's even worse this time because they finally have weekly vendor rolls on armor but never told people how to unlock them. The problem with sunsetting my armor is that I use it for pretty specific setups and now I'd have to hunt a long time and possibly never get quite the same loadouts I enjoy now. Not to say it's awful, I'm super lucky to get 80+ mobility off just two pieces of armor but when it comes to PvP it's hard to play with anything but "the best" given the competition is so damn sweaty.

I'm glad we're getting transmog but they should have an expensive trinket that allows you to bring an item to the current year, obviously sacrificing any seasonal mod slots in the process for the new ones.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    At the very least, Ascendant Cores need to go. Keep the shards if you want, but rotating armor means the cost is way too high

Or only keep them around for Exotics, but lower the cost to 1. Seems like a fair trade for the average person now that those are evergreen

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Bungie's approach to armor stats has baffled me almost more than all the other dumb shit they do that baffles me.

We got stats! We never explain exactly what they mean! We absolutely don't explain how to farm them! Tell you what a good stat roll is? Fuck you! We won't even tell you what the best stat roll is!

You can hover over the stats to see what they do, including explicit cooldown numbers. Though now that I think about it, the game doesn't really teach you that you can hover over stuff like that.

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Sunsetting is just as shitty as I thought it would be, Bungie even had to emergency patch back a bunch of stuff because their newest DLC was fucking barren of gear.

Should just have removed the Pinnacles and left it at that, finding good stat armor is just impossible, now with added timer until useless, like it wasnt hard enough before.

Sunsetting weapons is working well. The main problem (that I think they are gonna deal with next season?) is better ways to get gear from previous seasons that came from systems that were one-season-and-done because of last year's model. Them being in the world drop pool is fine but too inconsistent to be a good solution. If you've been playing this whole time it's ok but people who skipped seasons have holes in their gear that last year's model makes it hard to fill.

Sunsetting armour is as dumb an idea as it ever was and will start to become a problem next season real quick I think. The armour 2.0 stat system was way too fucking random-on-top-of-random to begin with and having some portion of it sunset to boot is just making it worse. And even with the mod consolidation they still managed to be silly and create a two-tier armour system where both kinds do almost the same thing but not quite so you probably need to keep some pre-Beyond-Light armour around.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    My best rolls tend to come from the raid. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but most of my IB pieces tend to roll with high strength and resilience.
    I've gotten usable pieces from the raid, but IB seems the easiest due to the ease of getting tokens I guess. The armor I use also comes from the raid, primes, and IB, I just have a lot more IB gear due to being able to farm it easier.

It's RNG, I know, but I get more chances at the RNG in IB.

My current PvP armor setup I'm using is all 1410 expiration except for the chest piece....so of course that makes me twitch :(.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    Sunsetting weapons isn’t that bad. One of the most memorable times in d1 to me was when TTK sunset all the y1 weapons and we had to adjust

Armor though? Dumb.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Aretè wrote: »
    I dont put in the time I used to so masterworking feels too prohibitively expensive to chase armor each season and with season pass stats at 65/66 I just grab those MW them and use them till I re-up my stock of golfballs and then masterwork another set of season pass gear.

Where the hell are you getting enough golf balls that you can masterwork full sets every season?

I basically haven't masterworked a piece of armor in over a year. The cost is prohibitive, and the ascendant shards are far too scarce. Knowing that they're now arbitrarily being deleted so I can experience the pleasure of regrinding for the exact same thing has just made it easier to ignore the mechanic entirely.

• Options
    Don’t you get like half your material back for dismantling armor? Plus you get 3 from the pass. So really it if you play a whole season you could tear down your old gear and then use the season pass to cover the other half

Plus gear lasts a year so that’s a bunch of orbs left over

Plus you can buy prisms weekly from spider

I’ve never felt the masterwork process was too bad. To me it’s in a pretty good spot where the resources are available enough to not be opressive but rare enough to make it feel meaningful

Do dungeons still drop MW armor? That was another quick weekly thing you could run for 3 MW peices in like an hour or so a week.

But still armor should setting is dumb

616610-1.png
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Is everyone else still at 2/7 for the Tangled Web lore book? I'm lost over here

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Masterworking only 1 set is useless though. I'm carrying around like 3+ pieces per slot minimum for any character to cover various builds depending on what I'm doing and what class I'm using.

And armour is so fucking random to begin with that masterworking any individual piece seems like a crap shoot most of the time cause which one do you apply it to and then maybe a better one drops the next day.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Also I try not to whine but since we already are, trying to maintain a dank set of armor for three different characters is a giant pain in the ass because I'm splitting my raid/IB/whatever else time across all three classes. If I only mained one class I'd at least have a shot on every single roll but trying to keep all of my character shiny is a huge pain in the ass chore, lemme tell you what.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

You can hover over the stats to see what they do, including explicit cooldown numbers. Though now that I think about it, the game doesn't really teach you that you can hover over stuff like that.

I meant they don't tell you what impact points in the stats have. The only way to determine how much change 10 points, say, in a given stat makes is to put on pieces of gear that are 10 points apart in that stat and compare. You can't actually take gear off in Destiny, either, so you can't even just put something on and off and compare against your base cooldown. Not even to mention the stats that aren't tied to an ability cooldown.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Where the hell are you getting enough golf balls that you can masterwork full sets every season?

I basically haven't masterworked a piece of armor in over a year. The cost is prohibitive, and the ascendant shards are far too scarce. Knowing that they're now arbitrarily being deleted so I can experience the pleasure of regrinding for the exact same thing has just made it easier to ignore the mechanic entirely.
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but, I for one play way too much. I and a few friends also blitzed the Nightfall last season when it was double rewards (master, not Grandmaster) and stockpiled 23 golf balls.....so that helped.

It also helped that I'm a hoarder and did not delete exotic armor rolls when they said they were making it so armor elements didn't matter....but still made them matter for stuff like powerful friends and radiant light (ah well).

That being said, they made it easier this season to get the golf balls / enhancement prism.

The new mods for the Ghost help a ton, too, so I'm always rocking the enhancement prism mod.

The final bit that helps a ton is related to what Disrupter referenced....
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Don’t you get like half your material back for dismantling armor? Plus you get 3 from the pass. So really it if you play a whole season you could tear down your old gear and then use the season pass to cover the other half

You get 7 prisms and 7 enhancement cores when you dismantle masterworked armor. You're guaranteed a masterworked armor piece from Pit of Heresy, even now. If you get the checkpoint that's a lightning quick 21 enhancement prisms per week in 15 minutes (longer if you have to run the whole thing once to get the CP, obviously).

ALSO.....don't forget to get your free golf ball from Varik after you get the last penguin!

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Speaking of Penguins "Your Friend, Micah Abram" is a really sad story and I feel real bad for the poor kid.

Golden Age ain't so golden when your family works for Clovis Bray.

Oh also, the "Bray Lab Records - CONFIDENTIAL" goes into even more detail about Clovis was such a colossal asshole, and I want to punch him even more than Savathun.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Disrupter wrote: »

Plus gear lasts a year so that’s a bunch of orbs left over

Plus you can buy prisms weekly from spider

I’ve never felt the masterwork process was too bad. To me it’s in a pretty good spot where the resources are available enough to not be opressive but rare enough to make it feel meaningful

Do dungeons still drop MW armor? That was another quick weekly thing you could run for 3 MW peices in like an hour or so a week.

But still armor should setting is dumb

Is anyone seriously buying Prisms for 400 legendary shards from Spider?

Also the exotic armor MW upgrade cost is anything but in a "pretty good spot".

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Speaking of Penguins "Your Friend, Micah Abram" is a really sad story and I feel real bad for the poor kid.

Golden Age ain't so golden when your family works for Clovis Bray.

Oh also, the "Bray Lab Records - CONFIDENTIAL" goes into even more detail about Clovis was such a colossal asshole, and I want to punch him even more than Savathun.

On the other hand, Micah at least gets to become a badass Exo Hunter. Also I think they switch genders at some point.

• Options
    I mean... min maxing is the grind it shouldn’t be super easy.

And honestly unless you’re running trials I don’t see much of a big issue running sub optimal gear

Most fun Pve builds just straight bypass the cooldowns based on stats and fill your abilities via gameplay loops.

Long story short if you’re playing hardcore enough to need multiple masterwork sets per character you’re probably playing enough to get a shit load of materials?

And if you’re not, being at 9 energy on purple and 8 on exotic on most builds isn’t really crippling.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    I finally grabbed Necrotic Grips so I can run the Thorn+NG set-up on my Warlock.

Oh my lord, its fun! I know it was initially thought a bug, then there was some indication that maybe it was being left as is. I hope they do, normally the fun accidents get thwacked a million times faster than the harmful bugs,

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Is anyone seriously buying Prisms for 400 legendary shards from Spider?

Also the exotic armor MW upgrade cost is anything but in a "pretty good spot".
    I'd be okay with it if there were just even one or two more ways to get golf balls. Resetting Infamy and Valor should net you either a pinnacle or a golf ball (would prefer a golf ball, honestly).

400 shards for one Prism is insane to me. If they're saying Spider is greedy, fine, but it's still unreal, especially with how much cheaper they are from Banshee.
    Raynaga wrote: »
    I finally grabbed Necrotic Grips so I can run the Thorn+NG set-up on my Warlock.

Oh my lord, its fun! I know it was initially thought a bug, then there was some indication that maybe it was being left as is. I hope they do, normally the fun accidents get thwacked a million times faster than the harmful bugs,
    Bungie says it was intentional and will stay. I'll actually believe them....this time.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    If you get a good set of armor from this season, you're good for the entire year, right? Or are they still doing per-season mod slots like last year?