As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Genshin Impact] Breath of the Gacha (1.2 out now!)

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I have a mid-level Mona, but she seems kludgy to use (to me). Part of it is her weird dash I think.

I’d be far better off trying a melt thing. Klee maybe?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    I have a mid-level Mona, but she seems kludgy to use (to me). Part of it is her weird dash I think.

I’d be far better off trying a melt thing. Klee maybe?

Ganyu, Klee, Bannett, and a 4th VV or Shield support should work very well.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    That sounds fun but... I’m super into my 1-2 punch of Albedo - Xinyan. I don’t think the rock grrl can output pyro often enough to melt. Her burst under Ganyu’s tho... Mmm

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    It's interesting how Ganyu is clearly very strong, but her teams right now are just kinda awkward. Mona and Xingqiu work to enable freeze, but they both have issues (uptime and range/having to weave normal attacks, respectively). Xiangling can enable some big charge shot melts, but it's still kinda awkward given that the frostflake arrows are two hits, not to mention Ganyu's burst and general Guoba clunkiness. For running her as reaction support, her burst is great, but the nature of Melt means that it can't really keep up with the likes of Diluc or Klee in the same way that Xingqiu can. Bennett potentially works, but you either need to apply freeze or delay his first E after a burst, or else his pyro applications get ahead and Ganyu's burst is the one that starts proccing Melt.

This isn't actually a complaint; I'm actually kinda happy that maximizing her isn't really obvious right now. And I think there's potential that some future characters might make Ganyu significantly better if they can fix this kind of clunkiness.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Mona is really the only GOOD Hydro option for enabling her

Xiangling is probably her best Melt partner

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I think for now I’ll try her out in Fischl’s spot on my main team. (Albedo, Xinyan, flex, Bennett)

C6 Fish does work, but Ganyu’s burst will be far more useful than hers. And with ol’ Albattery on the team ults are up a LOT.

I also like the interaction of the E taunt to gather mobs for Xinyan’s shield and keep them in the transient blossom field.

akjak on
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    She is working very nicely as the cryo support in a superconduct team with Razor and Xingqiu.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    She is working very nicely as the cryo support in a superconduct team with Razor and Xingqiu.

Who are you using as your fourth?

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular

Who are you using as your fourth?

Klee atm, just running around trying Ganyu out in different comps. Would probably be Bennett or a second cryo for serious content.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    So silly question but I haven't seen the answer put simply:

Elemental Mastery increases reaction damage based on which character triggered the reaction, right? Does that mean that Oz / Guoba / various ultimates "inherit" the character they came from's EM while on the field?

• Options
    It is also worth some consideration that Ganyu does top tier damage even without any elemental reactions

This is largely proven by the freeze comps, since freeze is only adding conditional crit rate from the Cryo 4pc bonus

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Elemental Mastery increases reaction damage based on which character triggered the reaction, right? Does that mean that Oz / Guoba / various ultimates "inherit" the character they came from's EM while on the field?

I believe so yes, although I do not profess to be an expert on this. I believe they also inherit all other stats (crit, atk, etc) from the original character. Oz in particular mentions specifically that the damage it does is a percentage of Fischl's atk even when another character is on the field.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Yes to both.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Okay, thanks. Clears up some lingering stat-priority questions!

• Options
    OMG THIS IS A BIG DEAL
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/kwosyp/the_seelie_doesnt_take_up_the_gadget_slot/

THE SEELIE DOESNT TAKE UP THE GADGET SLOT

Yessssss, this was my main worry and I was thinking about not even getting one or at least never really equipping it.

I'm leaning towards the gold one (mainly since the description says it increases luck), but the pink does look pretty nice.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Ugh, did a few single pulls and my pity broke, giving me Jean's C2. I was really hoping that I'd at least get someone new, if not Ganyu. Not sure what to do now that my next 5* will be a guaranteed banner pull. I don't have enough gems to get Ganyu. I guess I'll just hoard for a while. Just about every 4* that I have is at a good constellation level now, so unless I want to pull for Ningguang dupes I should be able to save safely.

Artereis on
  • Options
    Hey, at least Jean c2 is really rather good

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I'll take one of your Jeans off of you if you don't want it.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

She continues to be my most wanted character.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    It is also worth some consideration that Ganyu does top tier damage even without any elemental reactions

This is largely proven by the freeze comps, since freeze is only adding conditional crit rate from the Cryo 4pc bonus

It's worth noting that the freeze comps also have the benefit of keeping you at least a little safe since it helps lock down enemies.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

It's worth noting that the freeze comps also have the benefit of keeping you at least a little safe since it helps lock down enemies.

Also keeps stuff sitting still for charge shots. I mean anything in water is just a free kill for Ganyu, it will die without ever moving.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    After playing the entire game like I had an infinite pile of Mora, I've hit the point it's become scarce. Just out of nowhere and mora is a problem. That'll teach me for always avoiding the Mora rewards from events

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    After playing the entire game like I had an infinite pile of Mora, I've hit the point it's become scarce. Just out of nowhere and mora is a problem. That'll teach me for always avoiding the Mora rewards from events

I'm the exact opposite of this. I was living daily off my mora early on, but find myself sitting on millions now. It's mostly just because I haven't been prioritizing things that are really costly, though. Like, I've yet to level any characters beyond 80, for example. And I have very few talents above level 6. Once I get around to that kind of thing, I expect it to dry up quick.

• Options

Combines healer, cleanser, 4-set VV, and ez-fall-damage-to-abyss-enemies all into one single package. She's the super valuable jack of all trades, master of some.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    ObiFett wrote: »

It coincided with having better artifact drops start to show up, for me.

The XP books make a bit of a dent, too, but it's not really necessary to go hell-for-leather on those.

Auralynx on
  • Options

Combines healer, cleanser, 4-set VV, and ez-fall-damage-to-abyss-enemies all into one single package. She's the super valuable jack of all trades, master of some.

Honestly, all the permanent 5*s are really good I think?

• Options
    So I hadn't run the Dragonspine domain at all yet, and now I need to live there for the foreseeable future to try and get full sets for both Tartaglia and Ganyu

Thankfully, the level 90 version is maybe the easiest domain I've ever done?

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    God I can't wait for Zhongli buffs. His base hp is so freaking high I wont even need to build him for hp to get a huge damage boost out of it.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    So I hadn't run the Dragonspine domain at all yet, and now I need to live there for the foreseeable future to try and get full sets for both Tartaglia and Ganyu

Yeah, the dragonspine domain is fairly tame as long as your DPS is solid. Just eat Goulash beforehand.

• Options
    More to the point, the level 90 domain is only two enemies

a Frost Lawachurl and a Cryo Abyss Mage

The Lawachurl takes a little longer to burn down, but he barely even does anything as long as you break his armor quickly, and the single Abyss Mage is kind of whatever, Cryo Abyss Mages are only dangerous when they're paired with a Hydro Abyss Mage

• Options
    Got 7 stars on Abyss floor 11 and 8 stars on Abyss floor 12 using a Ganyu team in each of them (melt composition with both Xiangling and Bennett). Abyss floor 11 is a puzzle that I don't feel like grinding out any more right now, but I don't think I can 3-star 12-3 without changing my teams. Maybe when I get around to leveling up Noelle.

Still gonna be a couple days before I'm really content with Ganyu. I'll get her to 80 tomorrow, and then I'll need a day on talents.

• Options
    Oh wow, yeah. Thats not bad at all. And then cryo artifacts help getting pyro artifacts, which help with electro.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular

It was really, really bad on launch.

It's still occasionally bad but at least most of the time MP groups beat my solo time these days. On launch? Nah, people ate shit left and right.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Oh wow, yeah. Thats not bad at all. And then cryo artifacts help getting pyro artifacts, which help with electro.

We mega-man now boys

• Options
    So I was just doing some general farming for Kaeya/Mona and got this
    hd75ocbt61z2.jpeg

Guess I’m building a Mona dps set now

• Options
    The wife managed to get Diluc on a throwaway pull! Yay for her!

In semi-unrelated news, Ganyu is pretty much Call of Duty mode. Shoot your bow, laugh as everything dies. Skills? Psh, those are for other characters! I don't even have great artifacts on her yet, everything is +12 or less. Just amazing.

• Options

Shush you, I have no resources to develop the fresh Jean I got! Tell me she's just "meh" and I don't need her!

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Does elemental damage bonus apply to elemental reactions using that element?

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Ugn, Domain of Blessing: Dance of Steel for VV is kicking my ass. The Cicin Mage gets free damage that I can't seem to perfectly avoid even if I just let the time run out and practice dodging her shit, and the second I focus on her too much the Agent can blast away 80% of any health bar in one hit...which is going to kill the character I'm on, since the Cicin Mage's been dinging me for free.

And of course if she goes super saiyan and you don't have a ranged reaction you just get to kite for a while and pray.

edit: Switching in Qiqi and Mona to freeze them and just beating the Agent into the dust ASAP made it a lot easier. Though now I get to fight my cursed luck on this set, I only just got 2pc after like 7 Condensed Resin clears.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

It was really, really bad on launch.

It's still occasionally bad but at least most of the time MP groups beat my solo time these days. On launch? Nah, people ate shit left and right.

I've just been soloing it

Saving like a minute per run on a thing I can only run four times a day isn't the biggest priority for me when a solo run is so relaxed