As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Game Pass...passes...onto the new thread.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    and Ubisoft are making a Star Wars game! EA no long have total control over the license.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's interesting, the sizzle reel for Lucasfilm games was almost all EA stuff which leads me to believe they may still be working with them? I do hope we get atleast one more Fallen Order

• Options
    i expect that EA will still continue to make Star Wars games yeah, we'll likely see Fallen Order 2 and Battlefront 3 at least. but they no longer have sole rights to make Star Wars games and that can only be a good thing.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    EA's license was for 10 years and was signed back in 2013, so they still have time to put out more Star Wars games.

Also I imagine the new paradigm is no more exclusivity deals, so if EA wants to make another Star Wars game after 2023, they can go through the same process Bethesda and Ubisoft did.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Literally right after posting here I saw an article about EA still making SW titles haha

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I for one cannot get behind these two tone controllers with white backs. It's an aesthetic choice that I think looks okay but I don't feel interested in buying. Maybe I should thank them, I usually buy all the controllers...

I like it for the Blue one but don't for the red oddly enough.

I think the Xbox Design Lab may come back for the new controllers which would be nice.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    EA's license was for 10 years and was signed back in 2023, so they still have time to put out more Star Wars games.

Also I imagine the new paradigm is no more exclusivity deals, so if EA wants to make another Star Wars game after 2023, they can go through the same process Bethesda and Ubisoft did.

Scuttlebutt is that EA's current management isn't 100% happy with the deal they've been stuck with. Losing exclusivity would take the pressure off and allow them to take the time to make intelligent games from the ground up rather than, say, shoehorning it into Battlefront (or whatever the name is). Or at least that's the theory.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    EA's license was for 10 years and was signed back in 2023, so they still have time to put out more Star Wars games.

Scuttlebutt is that EA's current management isn't 100% happy with the deal they've been stuck with. Losing exclusivity would take the pressure off and allow them to take the time to make intelligent games from the ground up rather than, say, shoehorning it into Battlefront (or whatever the name is). Or at least that's the theory.

Battlefront wasn't them shoehorning the IP into the Battlefield series/format, it was a revival of a older series of Star Wars games.

• Options
    I for one cannot get behind these two tone controllers with white backs. It's an aesthetic choice that I think looks okay but I don't feel interested in buying. Maybe I should thank them, I usually buy all the controllers...

I think the Xbox Design Lab may come back for the new controllers which would be nice.

its funny, i'm the exact opposite. i didn't like it on the Blue controller, but i don't mind it so much on the Red one. and they'd said that Design Lab will return later this year with the new controllers, its just a matter of when.

• Options
    I'd be okay with the white backed controllers if they had white buttons and triggers to match, but as is the three colors plus the 4 colored face buttons just looks busy to my eyes

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

its funny, i'm the exact opposite. i didn't like it on the Blue controller, but i don't mind it so much on the Red one. and they'd said that Design Lab will return later this year with the new controllers, its just a matter of when.

Maybe then people will finally be able to get the Xbox 360-style two-tone (white/light grey) controllers some were expecting to be bundled with the Series S. :winky:

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Battlefront wasn't them shoehorning the IP into the Battlefield series/format, it was a revival of a older series of Star Wars games.

Still, they won't be locked into doing Battlewhatever and can actually do what they feel would perform best. Or so the theory goes.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    When are the Yakuza remasters coming to Game Pass? I know they aren't getting Kawami-style UwU upgrades but these have been great downtime pickups.

Just make a full game of pocket circuit, hostess club, and majima construction games (with the catfight club as a 10 hour substory).

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Can't wait for there to be a mold for clear front panel for the series x controllers.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    On a basic level Ubisoft produces games at a consistent click, so at the very least we will get more games regularly

Also I have to imagine they’re racing to make a Mandalorian lego game. A lego baby yoda would basically print money

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    When are the Yakuza remasters coming to Game Pass? I know they aren't getting Kawami-style UwU upgrades but these have been great downtime pickups.

Just make a full game of pocket circuit, hostess club, and majima construction games (with the catfight club as a 10 hour substory).

Later this month, I think.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    On a basic level Ubisoft produces games at a consistent click, so at the very least we will get more games regularly

Also I have to imagine they’re racing to make a Mandalorian lego game. A lego baby yoda would basically print money

They've already got that covered.

• Options
    I would presume that would be a lot less true for a non-tangible video game Baby Yoda (it doesn't seem like the character suddenly made BF2 much more popular, and that's a near-perfect recreation of the character I assume), than actual legos.

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »

Later this month, I think.

January 28th for the remastered collection and March 25th for Yakuza 6. Found here: https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/11/yakuza-3-4-5-and-6-coming-to-xbox-game-pass

They also coming to Steam on those same days.

Nitsua on
  • Options
    Ubisoft is absolutely using the Scott Pilgrim game re-release for brownie points after all the sex crimes their higher ups committed.

I feel guilty but I did buy the vinyl, and I'll probably end up with the digital copy of the game. I love the music and game too much to pass up, other than that I've been doing good avoiding ubisoft stuff tho.

Makes me laugh gamers are so stoked EA gas "lost" the star wars license only for equally shitty companies like Ubi immediately hop in... Like it's that much better?

• Options
    Ubisoft is absolutely using the Scott Pilgrim game re-release for brownie points after all the sex crimes their higher ups committed.

I feel guilty but I did buy the vinyl, and I'll probably end up with the digital copy of the game. I love the music and game too much to pass up, other than that I've been doing good avoiding ubisoft stuff tho.

Makes me laugh gamers are so stoked EA gas "lost" the star wars license only for equally shitty companies like Ubi immediately hop in... Like it's that much better?

To be fair the Scott Pilgrim game has a sizable cult following that's been mourning the game's loss for years now.

Plus Ubi pretty thoroughly cleaned house as of two months ago. They even finally got rid of Michel Ansel, even though he was best buds with the CEO.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hey torchlight 3 is on console gamepass. Feeling smart I didn't buy that game in any form!

And yeah I'm amused that Ubisoft is literally doing an ubisoft star wars game. I mean I'll play it, I'll just make sure to not play another ubi open world game for about a year leading up to it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/jwJDb_8O1wY

They call this type of update "Backwards Compatibility Plus" where the code can kinda recognize when it's running on new consoles. Similar to how Cyberpunk works where it's very clearly the scaled back versions with high frames and resolution unlocked. A proper next gen version would probably have nicer textures.

Interesting that Series S and PS5 are missing the quality mode...

• Options
    Yeah, DF noted that suddenly all those games on Xbox One X (and PSFro) that had high-resolution modes with uncapped framerates (like DOA6) suddenly made perfect sense on the new hardware. I'm wishing FFXV had that feature, but sadly no.

Nice that it got this small-ish patch. At the start of Xbox One and Playstation 4, they would've just sold the game to us again, Tomb Raider style. :biggrin:

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Crippl3 on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Playing Dead Space for the first time since it came out. It looks surprisingly good still. Older obv but sharp. That's odd because Evil Within looks like a muddy mess.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Playing Dead Space for the first time since it came out. It looks surprisingly good still. Older obv but sharp. That's odd because Evil Within looks like a muddy mess.
    Yeah, came to it for the first time just a few weeks ago, and without any nostalgia it still looked fine. Probably helped that they basically never show you someone's face close up, and everything's all space zombies and industrial corridors.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I did not miss the Ishimura...still creepy

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    News from Bungie:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50006
    DUST AND ECHOES
    Almost nine years ago, stats and files from our previous franchise, Halo, stopped getting updated on Bungie.net. Since then, all stats, files, and other data from Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo: Reach have lived on in remembrance at halo.bungie.net.

On February 9, the halo.bungie.net website will be taken offline permanently. Everyone is welcome to save their stats and files, however they can, if they'd like to save anything. Please keep in mind that our News articles, Forums, and Groups were imported into the current version of Bungie.net back in 2013.

Only got a couple more weeks if you ever wanna look at your old file share and stats ever again
    Here was my old Reach man:
    9oyYML8.png

• Options
    I just saved a bunch of game history for myself. Apparently I spent my 18th birthday playing halo 3 all night which sounds about right. I was shocked it had Halo 2 stats as well, unfortunately i lost my original account so the oldest game recorded was 2006. Still, impressive. Scrolling through the pages I was struck by how much I loved and miss those games. Good times.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Yeah, came to it for the first time just a few weeks ago, and without any nostalgia it still looked fine. Probably helped that they basically never show you someone's face close up, and everything's all space zombies and industrial corridors.

Dead Space is just one of those games I love going back to and playing and it always holds up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Luke Smith owes me 200 steak dinners.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    News from Bungie:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50006
    DUST AND ECHOES
    Almost nine years ago, stats and files from our previous franchise, Halo, stopped getting updated on Bungie.net. Since then, all stats, files, and other data from Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo: Reach have lived on in remembrance at halo.bungie.net.

On February 9, the halo.bungie.net website will be taken offline permanently. Everyone is welcome to save their stats and files, however they can, if they'd like to save anything. Please keep in mind that our News articles, Forums, and Groups were imported into the current version of Bungie.net back in 2013.

One of my finest moments in probably my overall favorite Halo game from Bungie.

elo2fbdvcapr.jpg

I call it: The Pro-Gamer Move.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Soo....if you don't mind buying from Eneba, you can pick up 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate by converting a year of EA Play to an existing subscription, for $24.22.

A year of EA Play by itself could make a pretty good gift for any sports franchise friends too.

• Options
  • Options
    Tiny pockets for you to deposit salt in!!

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    For those unfamiliar, a Canadian Tuxedo is an all-denim outfit.

• Options
    This might honestly be a (needlessly clever) response to the observation, "That new red controller is really Canadian looking."

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Lose the pockets and I can see that being a nice controller experience.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    jontroller.