As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    vulconus secret op weapon because it turns u into magma man

(it also turns animated guardian into magma man 50% of the tiem too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yky1M59PGoA

obF2Wuw.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    Lol dual Vulconus blackflame cyclone ftw I guess?

905rpckg1n5s.png

doesn't avatar of fire screw over blackflame?

Ahh probably

I've just been looking at different builds for cyclone and this one caught my eye, plus the whole "ignite" thing

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Wild Strike Raider, Crit Dual-Wield Claws

Was going to do Assassin again, but the Raider changes giving permanent fun statuses and immunity to ele ailments was too good to pass up.

I don't need to run freeze or shock immune flasks!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    Lol dual Vulconus blackflame cyclone ftw I guess?

905rpckg1n5s.png

doesn't avatar of fire screw over blackflame?

Ahh probably

I've just been looking at different builds for cyclone and this one caught my eye, plus the whole "ignite" thing

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I'd have to look again, but I'm pretty sure Blackflame says that enemies take ignite damage as chaos.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    380t3f92uiwt.jpg

Heffling on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering about a self cast discharge inquisitor, since you can get 4 min power and end charges now.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    discharge cant consume min charges so cant get damage from em iirc

obF2Wuw.png
    Heffling wrote: »
    380t3f92uiwt.jpg

Yeah, so as I found else where pointing out, you are still dealing fire damage, they are just taking chaos damage instead.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    That feeling when you tinker with your tree, radically remove segments, and end up with the same amount of life and 100k more dps.

Yes, yes, this will do.

And I don't need to path to Scion Wheel any more!

Characters
    Gem data is out, I believe it was Scheck that was worried about Glacial Hammer, I'm pretty sure they made a typo, and its better, not worse.

edited January 2021
    Yooooo.

Trinity scales both the damage % and the penetration.

5%/5 resonance and 20% ele pen at 25 resonance, at level 20. That's great.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Occultist CI dual vulconus cyclone?

I'm unreasonably happy at Blackflame because I've been wanting more chaos skills as I generally do chaos/poison only really

Since bleed kinda sucks

noice ok they didnt randomly nerf two single target strike skills for no reason they just fucked the notes

also aegis i called those exact numbers im a geniouse of gem balance thank u

obF2Wuw.png
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I assume "archmage anything" might still be OP. I really want to get to the end content without much struggling...

Absalon wrote: »
    I assume "archmage anything" might still be OP. I really want to get to the end content without much struggling...

The first ~40 levels are a bit of a slog (not necessarily difficult, just slow) if you want to do BF BB Cheiftan. Level 38 ~ 85 or 90 were pretty much a breeze. If I have drilled down and made the effort to trade harder/level in low reds, I probably could have gone farther, but I was getting altitis.

i mean absalon if u wanna spood to end content just go fireball and use wand crafts

its v smooth and the spell is stupidly overstatted right now (huge base damage, 250% de, huge ignite bonus)

obF2Wuw.png
    noice ok they didnt randomly nerf two single target strike skills for no reason they just fucked the notes

also aegis i called those exact numbers im a geniouse of gem balance thank u

I bow before your mastery

Characters
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Should I do full fire conversion BV Chieftain or some fuckin' Debeon's Dirge Berserker Ice Crash horseshit?

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Should I do full fire conversion BV Chieftain or some fuckin' Debeon's Dirge Berserker Ice Crash horseshit?

Both? Either? I mean, BV or BF/BB Chieftain is basically snooze mode, and all it received were buffs.

(Fuck I hate the English language)

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I'm wondering if you could do some double dipping with the new Elementalist and cold + lightning damage

I think Arc + Call of the Brotherhood rings + Trinity support will end up with some pretty crazy damage.

Does anyone know what happens to Hydrosphere if you're dealing both cold and lightning damage with the same spell?

Steam: Spawnbroker
    I'm wondering if you could do some double dipping with the new Elementalist and cold + lightning damage

I think Arc + Call of the Brotherhood rings + Trinity support will end up with some pretty crazy damage.

Does anyone know what happens to Hydrosphere if you're dealing both cold and lightning damage with the same spell?

I believe it keys off of whichever damage type is highest atm, like Wave of Conviction.

listn to these outtakes from the d2 soundtrak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-5-TyinAk

obF2Wuw.png
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Okay so it looks like if you're not playing Wild Strike, Trinity would basically mean you need to have a two-button playstyle if I'm reading it correctly?

One skill of lightning to gain fire + cold resonance, and another skill of cold to gain lightning + fire resonance (or something like that), and if you alternate, you basically just get 50% more elemental damage and 20% elemental penetration from a single support gem?

Steam: Spawnbroker
    Okay so it looks like if you're not playing Wild Strike, Trinity would basically mean you need to have a two-button playstyle if I'm reading it correctly?

One skill of lightning to gain fire + cold resonance, and another skill of cold to gain lightning + fire resonance (or something like that), and if you alternate, you basically just get 50% more elemental damage and 20% elemental penetration from a single support gem?

Or Ele Hit. Or some way to make sure your flat Lightning variance and flat cold variance overlap? With equal sources of %cold/lightning?

So I was listening to Ziz and they had a great idea. Why not put your instant skill on your left mouse button, like Steel Skin or Withering Step?

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Or Ele Hit. Or some way to make sure your flat Lightning variance and flat cold variance overlap? With equal sources of %cold/lightning?

Doomfletch's Prism will also probably work, depending on if you can manage your elemental damage ranges to be identical.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    I haven't read any of the changes but this chart says I should do Skele Mages w/ Zombies Necro.
    id1yerlo29b61.jpg

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
    edited January 2021
    crown of eyes rathpith lightning strike discharge inquisitor would be totally fine its not even a meme

the rathpith is a big questionable because battlemage very much rewards 2-handing but otherwise yeah no problems at all. u got damage, u got hybrid bonuses, crown of eyes is cool, lightning strike is extremely good with hybrid builds because vaal lightning strike is a super good spell dispenser if linked with cast on crit (it just sits there shitting out cocs), so u can have 2 setups - one for vaal ls which is a spell dispenser, and one that is just an attack

in fact given that inquisitor now gets 50str 50 int u would do this with mjolner even... yisssss

then u use the buffed static strike in a pair of elder boots with fortify inc duration and that will act as a spell dispenser NO problem easy w

just go volls chest for passive charge gen, u get free crit from ur stats and discharge + ur spells have high enough base crit it totally offsets mjolners crap attack speed and crappy base crit. ur getting extra 200 flat phys to spells from the mjolner, so go the hybrid phys lightning spells as well plus some conversion + the nodes on the tree for more phys to lightning conversion, now ur cooking with spicy potatos's

herald of purity/thunder + wrath w/ 25% phys added as lightning watchers, fat free multis... repentance for da free iron will... stak stak stak

EASY BUILD

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    This Bleed-Bow Gladiator build looks kinda cool, too. Mostly because I ALWAYS use necro zombies. I tried doing a Elemental summon build, once, but it didn't seem great. (I like pets)

https://youtu.be/d-x_kL90czU

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    I've heard lots of good things about bleed bow gladiators! They've been solid for awhile now.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Bleed Bow glad needs the elder bow 6L and you need to either go Assailum or a 6L on the chest for the Puncture, because the single-target is sadface, even with Ensnaring Arrow ballistae.

The clear is ED/Cont-tier with a Chain support though.

Absalon on
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    This Bleed-Bow Gladiator build looks kinda cool, too. Mostly because I ALWAYS use necro zombies. I tried doing a Elemental summon build, once, but it didn't seem great. (I like pets)

That's what I've decided to start the next league off with as well.

steam_sig.png
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Kendrik wrote: »

That's what I've decided to start the next league off with as well.

This looks fun and similar to the ED/Cont play style I really enjoyed in Heist. Maybe I'll give this a shot.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
    Do you like DoT Builds? Chaos or Chaos?

Characters
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

I did see cobra lash pathfinder up there. But I haven’t looked into it.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
    edited January 2021
    Okay I need a mechanics/verbiage expert over here!

I'm assuming the new Master of Discord in elementalist doesn't work with totems? The verbiage says:

"Exposure you inflict applies an extra -25% to the affected Resistance"
    "Regenerate 1% of Mana per second if you've inflicted Exposure Recently"

and the "you inflict" means it has to be self cast? Or am I wrong? Official text for reference:
    i6rUg08.png

I'm wondering if I can use scorching ray totems to trigger it, and am thinking no.

Fiatil on
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »

I did see cobra lash pathfinder up there. But I haven’t looked into it.

I did 2 leagues of Cobra Lash Assassin. Cobra Lash is very fun.

It's like Spectral Throw, but actually good.

Characters
    edited January 2021
    @Fiatil Correct. "You inflict" refers to self-casting from yourself.

Edit: Okay, further research has indicated that apparently some "you" effects (Haeomphilia) do work with Totems.

I would like to amend my answer to: :rotate:

Editx2: Reddit seems to indicate that the answer is that it should work.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited January 2021
    Lol yeah I understand -- that's why I was asking. There appear to be weird exceptions!

That's a game changer. I'm wanting to do DI/ignite and try that side of the tree, but applying exposure through self casting scorching ray in addition to that would be terrible and clunky.

Ultimately I may just be better off going golem side, so I'll do some more PoB stuff with that for now.

Fiatil on
    I had to lookup Nearby again this league after realizing I'd be going Raider and that one of the keystones uses the word.

That's always a fun article.

Characters