As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

far right riot in DC

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    The house is by nature more extreme than the senate, right?

House reps get elected by districts that are often heavily gerrymandered, allowing if not requiring them to be more partisan compared to Senators who need to appeal to over 50% of the entire state?

And they are all up for reelection every other year, so are basically in campaign "appealing to the base" mode all the time.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    A two year election cycle for federal representatives seems effing bonkers, I don’t know how you’re supposed to get anything done.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    A two year election cycle for federal representatives seems effing bonkers, I don’t know how you’re supposed to get anything done.

well good news!

very little does

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Getting things done? In America? No, that's for individuals to get on with, not the government! If anything got done, then life would be easier, and then how would people pay their blood, sweat and tears tithe to get into Heaven?

tl;dr: Protestant work ethic, baybee!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Haha oh wow for some reason I thought it was 4 year terms, half changing every 2 years like with the senate. That’s bananas

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Tef wrote: »
    Haha oh wow for some reason I thought it was 4 year terms, half changing every 2 years like with the senate. That’s bananas

senate is 6 house is 2

state congresses vary

• Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    oh shit it's wednesday, new episode of the expanse today

it's pretty good. lotta emotions

e: also it's a good time for stories about charismatic leaders that think they're way smarter than they are

Typhoid Manny on
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

senate is 6 house is 2

state congresses vary

Damn I’m just wrong in every front.

That’s even more bananas than the thing I thought it was!!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ALL ABOARD THE TRUMP TRAIN

(coz y’all can’t fly no more)

(Shamelessly stolen whilst surfin’ the web)

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

senate is 6 house is 2

state congresses vary

Damn I’m just wrong in every front.

That’s even more bananas than the thing I thought it was!!

Then you get crazy shit like CA where it's an open primary vying for top two, and if you get over 50% in the primary for local positions you're just elected anyway and don't have to do the November election.

*stares daggers at our county sheriff*

• Options

that's some mighty fine fact checking there twitter

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

Is it still an ouroboros if it's an asshole eating their own tail?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    man alex jones is looking and sounding fuckin' rough these days

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    you should hear bits from the speech he gave at the rally before the insurrection, he seriously sounded like he was about to collapse

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

that's some mighty fine fact checking there twitter

It's hilarious, but the bit.ly link actually goes to one of those terrible sites talking about how Sidney Powell is believable (article from November), so actually the fact checking is PROBABLY related to that, not the video.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    James Comey just said Biden should considering pardoning Trump so the nation can heal.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Gay frogs finally getting their revenge

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Pretty sure Comey gets off on every single person in the nation hating him

It's honestly the only explanation

• Options
    You guys remember James Comey. Remember that guy?

• Options

Gay frogs finally getting their revenge

always bet on the gay frogs

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    You guys remember James Comey. Remember that guy?

I try not to

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The healing he proposes woild be at best treating an accute attack of symptoms without actually taking icky medicine or undergoing surgery or having chemo to treat the cause.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the really wild thing about him saying that is that he started the statement by asserting that he believes donald trump should be in jail

james comey is very stupid

• Options
    the healing body is a good analogy. everyone knows you heal gangrenous limbs by ignoring them and pretending everything is okay

also james comey is an absolutely world class troll, holy shit

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    remember bean dad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    remember alf

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    remember bean dad

who?

(yes but I had forgotten until you brought him up)

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    the really wild thing about him saying that is that he started the statement by asserting that he believes donald trump should be in jail

i think looking back on all the shit he's said and done it's pretty clear he's a company man and nothing more or less

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yeah the notion that he would have any special insight into national politics or combating fascism isn't based in anything

he's a cop and like everyone at the fbi he's not a particularly good one

• Options
    Being ‘just’ a company man for the FBI is fucking terrible! The FBI is an evil institution

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    remember alf

You could do worse!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Being ‘just’ a company man for the FBI is fucking terrible! The FBI is an evil institution

and how!

one of the most mystifying things i've ever seen was so many people thinking the FBI were good guys when they were investigating the president (to no effect), like that makes up for all the horrific shit they've done and still do

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

James Comey is a dumb white man with impressive credentials that were afforded to him by being the tallest man in any given room he walked into. Everyone who saw him duck under every doorframe he's entered through was like "Yo we gotta give this dude everything he wants cuz he's a fuckin giant."

• Options
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

and how!

one of the most mystifying things i've ever seen was so many people thinking the FBI were good guys when they were investigating the president (to no effect), like that makes up for all the horrific shit they've done and still do

I think its a relativity thing. Compared to the CIA and NSA, the FBI is less evil.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular

and how!

That's very easy to explain. It was not a rational argument, people were just desperate to believe on anything that will make the bad man go away and let them get rid of the emotional anguish caused for watching a crass, vulgar bully win. The Mueller mania was 100% the negation stage of dealing with grief.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

and how!

I think its a relativity thing. Compared to the CIA and NSA, the FBI is less evil.
    That they occasionally do things like investigate the KKK helps too.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    ahahaha that is incredible, holy hell

it's perfect

This discussion has been closed.