As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2021: Coup Harder

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

I think James Comey might be the only person reviled equally by the entire political spectrum.

e: The Recount is a political...website. Twitter account. Something. It's a video of an interview with the BBC
    Former FBI Director James Comey tells the @BBC that Biden should "consider" pardoning Trump.

"As part of healing the country ... I think Joe Biden is going to have at least think about that."
    One of these days James Comey might actually learn to shut his fucking mouth. And that will be a great day for all Americans.

"I see everything twice!"

• TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    James Comey can go fuck himself.

He was on Colbert because he has a new book out.

You know, if you want something to read while stuck inside hiding from the Covid. on hand for another toilet paper shortage

Taximes on
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    One of the first orders of business for the House upon returning will be voting on the new rules for violating security screening protocols.

$5k for first violation, $10k for second (and all future?). To be deducted straight from their salaries.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Is that something that can be passed with a simple majority in the House, or does it have to go through the Senate too?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Unless you are a Saudi prince or true billionaires, $5k is an amount nobody scoffs at.

• StarZapperStarZapper Vermont, Bizzaro world.Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Unless you are a Saudi prince or true billionaires, $5k is an amount nobody scoffs at.

Well, most members of the house are multimillionaires and filthy rich. But it might get them to behave a little bit.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    august wrote: »

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1349533536848633858
    Nice bit by
    @jdawsey1
    - Trump has told advisers to stiff Rudy for legal fees, and that he didn't appreciate the demand for $20k a day that Rudy's associate put in writing yet Rudy maintained to me he didn't make

Rudy please flip.
    Called it. Trump doesn’t pay his attorneys.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Always. Get. Paid. Up. Front.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    God damn that is fucking delicious.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Even though Rudy, is a moron and not terribly reliable. If he flips, it does give an investigator more pieces of the puzzle to all the wrong doing. Sure you'll have to verify each piece, but they probably have other evidence and witness and that's where Rudy would be useful.

As for the fine, at the very least, if the republicans continue to be assholes about it, it's going to be 10K for each additional offence and that does add up after a point, to where you can fund something of significant value.

edited January 2021
    StarZapper wrote: »

Well, most members of the house are multimillionaires and filthy rich. But it might get them to behave a little bit.
    Most senators, yes. Many house members sleep in their offices because they can’t afford rent in the DC area. Especially freshmen.

It looks like about half are millionaires

zepherin on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Nice bit by
    @jdawsey1
    - Trump has told advisers to stiff Rudy for legal fees, and that he didn't appreciate the demand for $20k a day that Rudy's associate put in writing yet Rudy maintained to me he didn't make

Rudy please flip.

WHO COULD HAVE FORETOLD THAT BESIDES EVERYONE

• Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Is that something that can be passed with a simple majority in the House, or does it have to go through the Senate too?

Each house sets its own rules

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Motion to retitle the Thread to: "Impeachment Two Electric Boogaloo"

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    StarZapper wrote: »

After 18 days of fucking around they would find themselves paying to work in Congress. At even 100 days in session you are out a cool million. $10k a day adds up shockingly quickly for even the majority of Congress. The average length of days in session means you are out nearly $1.5 million just to walk around the detector, and the price can go up whenever the majority feels like it. I think it will very much have the intended effect.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Nice bit by
    @jdawsey1

Rudy please flip.

WHO COULD HAVE FORETOLD THAT BESIDES EVERYONE

You mean the man who was proven to have no money and be massively in debt, on top of being a recognized deadbeat

Isn't going to pay his attorneys!?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

The fascists took Boogaloo too.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khMTjwZ0q9Y

• TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Even if we concede for the moment that not all Trumpers are racist, we have to acknowledge that for all Trump supporters, racism isn't a big deal.

He showed who he was a long time ago. Before 2016. And these people saw that, and had no problem with it.

VuIBhrs.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Anybody still on board the Trump train has no illusions about the company they keep anymore except the most self-deluded, mentally-incapable people possible

And frankly, almost all the information in the world is at almost literally everyone’s fingertips, so anybody who hasn’t heard about all the racism is willfully ignorant to a degree that stretches credulity

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm sure the gop will set up gofundmes for being able to skip the metal detectors

they will be well funded

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I'm sure the gop will set up gofundmes for being able to skip the metal detectors

they will be well funded

Not that many people for that long.

Mvrck wrote: »

they will be well funded

we shall see!

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

they will be well funded

Maybe gofundme will be the next service to deplatform someone

• XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    Even if we concede for the moment that not all Trumpers are racist, we have to acknowledge that for all Trump supporters, racism isn't a big deal.

He showed who he was a long time ago. Before 2016. And these people saw that, and had no problem with it.

I would acknowledge that. MAGA hats are the new confederate flags. I guess I wasn't really considering the rainbow of racism and was just thinking of the worst of the lot. "Racism is overblown" is still racism. I don't believe that anybody wearing a MAGA hat around isn't aware of the message they are sending.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

they will be well funded

Yeah its one thing for a flavor of the month conservacause to get dollars, its another thing for the people the GOP has fucked for decades to keep putting money in.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

they will be well funded

we shall see!

Good if they want to piss that much money into...where does that money even go? The house pizza fund?

But some asshole spending their bottle service on a performative not wearing a mask is still better than no consequence whatsoever. And even if you are well off, a couple hundred dollars spent still bites.

Everyone slows for a speeding ticket.

Preacher wrote: »

they will be well funded

Yeah its one thing for a flavor of the month conservacause to get dollars, its another thing for the people the GOP has fucked for decades to keep putting money in.

they haven't stopped yet!

• SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

they will be well funded

The banned a bunch of capital protest criminals who were trying to raise funds to get home after they ended up on no fly lists.

Smurph wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »

they will be well funded

The banned a bunch of capital protest criminals who were trying to raise funds to get home after they ended up on no fly lists.

Greyhound will take anyone

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    When I was in school after Columbine they started making kids wear clear, transparent backpacks and walk through metal detectors instead of implementing gun control

If these qultist shitheads want to be whiny babies I’m sure AOC or some other enterprising Democrat can use this as grist for an attack portraying them as elite, ignorant, out of touch assholes that want to make America jump through 3000 hoops just so John McRacist can bring a semi-automatic into Whataburger but can’t take what they’re dishing out

joshofalltrades on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

I figured that was the joke. Electric Boogaloo desribes for a bunch of seditionious fascists livestreaming trying to take down the government.

Undead Scottsman on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular

they will be well funded

Doubtful. That would open them up to bribery charges. Also, paying someone to commit crimes.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    One of the first orders of business for the House upon returning will be voting on the new rules for violating security screening protocols.

$5k for first violation, $10k for second (and all future?). To be deducted straight from their salaries.

I hope that money gets put into something Republicans hate, like foodstamps or other social safety nets. Maybe they could just donate it to a BLM charity.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/3an7pn/pirate-bay-founder-thinks-parlers-inability-to-stay-online-is-embarrassing

“In all honesty, the reason we did The Pirate Bay was to bring freedom and take back control from a centralised system,” Kolmisoppi said. “The reason that Gab et al will fail is because they're just whining bitches that have only one ideology: egotism. Sharing is caring y'all.”

In more recent years, Kolmoisoppi has moved on to fund Njalla, a privacy-centric domain name registration service. One he says was already asked to host Parler, and refused.

“Of course we wouldn't,” Kolmisoppi said. “We're pro human rights, which includes the right to not be killed by extreme right wing terrorists.”

Tweeter is a prominent pirate.

Schrodinger on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular

No.

• ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Apparently your not familiar with the phrase "one of the good ones"

Not all racists are klansmen sans hoods. There are plenty of racists who, say, hate black people but love Michael Jordan. You'd be shocked at how many out and out racists love black celebrities. They hate the welfare queens and gangbanging thugs they think the average African american is, but successful black americans are A-OK. They use them to reenforce their worldview that black people COULD be successful if the weren't ust so damn lazy and asking for handouts.

Also, just because soneone wasn't racist before, doesn't mean that can'tbecome so later in life, either.

Racism is a terrible, terrible rainbow. Just a wide spectrum of horseshit.

One of the better(?) Rorschach tests for that kind of thing lately is seeing how an otherwise decent-sounding person reacts to the phrase "black lives matter" in even the most innocent of contexts.

Or immigration in general, but BLM in particular seems to be one of those things that people are either very cool with or situationally wholly-mask-off about.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular

they will be well funded

Doubtful. That would open them up to bribery charges. Also, paying someone to commit crimes.

You can't bribe a congressperson, money is speech!

*autocorrect tried to change speech to stpeach, which means I'm overdue to go on a real human date.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

What About "2impeach 2ment"

This discussion has been closed.