As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Finally, a video game about the best part of [Star Wars]

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    A couple of weeks ago I saw Cromwell so I do understand Alec's distain for people only knowing him from Star wars

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I get any actor’s love/hate relationship with an iconic role.

Alec Guinness didn’t encourage that boy to watch other films, or give him a direction he could go in for appreciation of cinema or literature or art. He just asked a child to do him a favor and then told him to give up his favorite thing in the world with zero context.

Alec Guinness sucked.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Oh I'm absolutely positive Harrison Ford knows what a force ghost is he just likes dunking on nerds.

I'm replaying Fallen Order and
    When you're kidnapped by the Haxian Brood, is it implied Greeze had been running up gambling debts while he was working with you? Its a little unclear exactly why it's his fault they come after you, specifically.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I'm replaying Fallen Order and
    When you're kidnapped by the Haxian Brood, is it implied Greeze had been running up gambling debts while he was working with you? Its a little unclear exactly why it's his fault they come after you, specifically.

That was the reason. That whole part of the game felt like it got trimmed a lot, either they ran out of time or it just wasn’t working.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So Star Wars games won't be coming from just EA anymore.
    Wired.com wrote:
    Today, Lucasfilm Games announced that it’s entering a partnership with Ubisoft to create an open-world Star Wars game. The title will be developed by Ubisoft’s Massive Entertainment, marking the first time that a company outside of EA has produced a Star Wars game since Disney acquired Lucasfilm in 2012, ending nearly eight years of exclusivity. Also in the works is a new Indiana Jones game, to be developed by Bethesda Game Studios, a newcomer to Lucasfilm’s and Disney’s properties.

Let’s start with Star Wars. Development on this new title is still very early—Massive is still recruiting for the project even—so details are sparse. Julian Gerighty, director of The Division 2 and The Crew, will serve as the game’s creative director, and the title will use Massive’s Snowdrop engine. Beyond that, Lucasfilm Games hasn’t revealed anything about the characters or settings within the Star Wars universe that the game will feature.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Could we get games from companies that don't serially abuse their employees?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Could we get games from companies that don't serially abuse their employees?

https://youtu.be/sRSMshdQ0Pk

• TefTef Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Get the guy who made Stardew to make one

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    New game!

Tosche Station Moisture Farm

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

New game!

You joke but

New game!

I would play

The shit

Out of that game

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    edited January 2021
    Also, I gotta say, I've been wanting an open world Star Wars game for a while. I'm intrigued. I'm also not super surprised that a Ubisoft joint would be heading it. They've kinda locked in the big open worlds with exploration, maneuverability and combat niche. They also seem to have reasonable turn around time with how they've standardized their engine and kind of using it as the base foundation for all their games. Seems more efficient I guess. I could see some AC influence bleeding into a Star Wars game and it actually working pretty well? Respawns Titanfall wall running and platforming stuff worked pretty well.

I ain't saying it's gonna be ground breaking but hey, color me interested.

I do wonder if this isn't some retaliation on Disney's part for how bad they fucked up the early life of Battlefront 2? I kinda figured Fallen Order's critical reception had made up for some of it, but they must not trust EA to handle a game like that without fuckery.

Juggernut on
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I’m guessing at least 2 of those games that EA cancelled were open world-ish, so I’m not surprised Disney would go elsewhere for that.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    New game!

I would play

The shit

Out of that game

Heading off to get power inverters, building fences to keep out Tuscan raiders, trading with jawas.

There’s a lot there!

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah honestly if I could effectively get RDR2 in Star Wars land, I’d be absolutely stoked

Bullseye-n' womp rats in your T-16.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    New game!

I would play

The shit

Out of that game

Heading off to get power inverters, building fences to keep out Tuscan raiders, trading with jawas.

There’s a lot there!

Form a mutual respect and "we'll leave each other alone" with the tusken raiders.

Can't throw away all that work done fleshing them out in The Mandalorian.

edited January 2021
    Farming moisture

Growing succulents

Imma grow the heck outta some yuccas

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Bullseye-n' womp rats in your T-16.

That definitely sounds like it should be a metaphor for jerkin' it.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Might as well make a Star Wars version of Rune Factory at that point. Top question; how many races will be representing as suitors?

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Might as well make a Star Wars version of Rune Factory at that point. Top question; how many races will be representing as suitors?

Humans and Twi'leks only to start, then a secret Tortuga, then a double-secret unlockable L3-37. More will be added in the sequel after initial backlash.

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Also indiana Jones from Bethesda machine games

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Ok but when does luke get to tosche station?

Ok but when does luke get to tosche station?

He already went! Don’t you follow him on Twitter?!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Mark Hamill is the best and the fact that he was wasted in 2 of the sequels is unforgivable.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »

Humans and Twi'leks only to start, then a secret Tortuga, then a double-secret unlockable L3-37. More will be added in the sequel after initial backlash.

Tortuga is an island in the Caribbean, so a secret romance with that would be way more trippy than I would expect for star wars.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Pod racer building workshop.

Every few in game years a krait dragon comes around and you got to prepare for that. Either stack up food as distraction or money to hire hunters or build up your relationship with the tusken so they help you out.

When's the release date?

Bloods End wrote: »
    Mark Hamill is the best and the fact that he was wasted in 2 of the sequels is unforgivable.

I wouldn't call defiantly slurping down seacow tiddy juice "wasted", exactly.

That's why he said 2 of the sequels. His parts were some of the highlights of TLJ.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Gonna be honest I forgot Luke was in TFA at all, despite his scene being the cause of the subsequent complaints.

Mark Hamill was absolutely delightful in the last jedi AKA the only good sequel movie.

Aistan wrote: »
    Gonna be honest I forgot Luke was in TFA at all, despite his scene being the cause of the subsequent complaints.

Ironically the one scene he had was way too long. Like one of those endlessly repeating YouTube vids

honovere wrote: »
    That's why he said 2 of the sequels. His parts were some of the highlights of TLJ.

ahm that's right, I forgot he's in Force Awakens for like a second and some flashbacks.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'd love an animated Star Wars show right after ROTJ with Luke as the main character, out there doing cool stuff just to let Mark Hamill live his dream.

Hell, he could do Han's voice too.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

ahm that's right, I forgot he's in Force Awakens for like a second and some flashbacks.

He literally says "see you around kid" and then JJ ROBBED US OF FORCE GHOST LUKE PUNKING KYLO REN CONSTANTLY

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    They're going to shoe horn this open world game into either the OT timeline or the mandalorian time line, because Disney is afraid to take any risks.

I'd want a post rise of Skywalker game because that essentially resets the galaxy plot wise.

There's no jedi bar Rey.

No Sith

The first order is splintered

The new Republic is the same. They could do anything with that setting.

They got an entire new book series set in a wholly new timeline they could do stuff in too.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I forgot about the high Republic because it's just so fucking boring.

This discussion has been closed.