As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

far right riot in DC

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I hope he gets a little compartment in trump's coffin to be buried alive in, like with smithers and mr. burns

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    seeing the meager 10 republican votes to impeach widely characterized as 'bipartisan" has shown me that word is meaningless, maybe i'm late to the party on this one

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    the really wild thing about him saying that is that he started the statement by asserting that he believes donald trump should be in jail

james comey is very stupid

James Comey is a dumb white man with impressive credentials that were afforded to him by being the tallest man in any given room he walked into. Everyone who saw him duck under every doorframe he's entered through was like "Yo we gotta give this dude everything he wants cuz he's a fuckin giant."

such humble beginnings at Police Squad though
    d36wu4qmbi78.png

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    A fine?

Nancy Pelosi is just dead set on being too late to save anybody from anything.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Bipartisanship is something Democrats are expected to seek if they want to get legislation passed but Republicans always scorn the moment they take power. It's stupid to try to work towards and we should actively be trying to disabuse prospective candidates of trying to achieve.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    Being ‘just’ a company man for the FBI is fucking terrible! The FBI is an evil institution

and how!

one of the most mystifying things i've ever seen was so many people thinking the FBI were good guys when they were investigating the president (to no effect), like that makes up for all the horrific shit they've done and still do

I think its a relativity thing. Compared to the CIA and NSA, the FBI is less evil.
    That they occasionally do things like investigate the KKK helps too.
    Ah yes, like the time i told my wife I would lead the investigation into the missing tub of hokey pokey icecream. The tub that I certainly didn’t eat all by myself the previous evening before stashing the evidence at the bottom of the recycling bin.

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    A fine?

The fine is almost being explicit about the theatre aspect of the security, since it can't actually prevent anything. It just is another thing about showing off how seriously we are taking everything without actually taking it seriously.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Me: QAnon will probably settle down after this.

Biden Administration:

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I am just

SO

tired

of rich white people fucking around and not, in fact, finding out.

sarukun on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    It is literally unconstitutional to detain a member of Congress on the way to a vote (for good reason: see VA with a delegate arrested when she was en route to vote on police reform).

The fine is something within her actual power to do.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    A fine?

I mean honestly, a fine is more that I expected. And maybe they can use the money to HIRE BETTER SECURITY.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »

There's the one scorpion, and everyone knows the proclivities of THIS SPECIFIC scorpion, and yet the GOP factory turns out an infinite number of frogs

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    in case anyone had any hope that she'd ever argue in good faith ever once

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    The things Pelosi can actually do are institute fines, have a majority vote to censure people (formally saying they are fuckups, does not have any consequences if they don't care about their reputations), and call for a two-thirds majority vote to expel a member. But the house of representatives is currently divided 222-211 so she likely doesn't have the votes to even come close to expelling anyone.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Impeaching back and forth... forever

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

There's the one scorpion, and everyone knows the proclivities of THIS SPECIFIC scorpion, and yet the GOP factory turns out an infinite number of frogs

• Options
    I know I've said in here before "yeah they never argue in good faith" but jesus jehosephant fucking shit titty christ, the absolute intellectual dishonesty required to be like "yeah I'm gonna impeach a new POTUS on day 1 of their term for abuse of power!!!" raises my fucking blood pressure. How do you fucking live that way and feel virtuous.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I know I've said in here before "yeah they never argue in good faith" but jesus jehosephant fucking shit titty christ, the absolute intellectual dishonesty required to be like "yeah I'm gonna impeach a new POTUS on day 1 of their term for abuse of power!!!" raises my fucking blood pressure. How do you fucking live that way and feel virtuous.
    She's obviously talking about the Hunter nonsense.

• Options

No idea who this is but fuck her.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    every republican is like the lamest version of the joker

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options

You know, considering the quality of Rudy's legal work over the last couple of months, I think I'm gonna have to go with Mr. Scorpion on this one.

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    every republican is like the lamest version of the joker

Jared Leto?

• Options

The outspoken Qanon cultist who just got elected.

• Options

The outspoken Qanon cultist who just got elected.

I shouldn't be surprised that more than one of them won their respective campaigns, and yet...

• Options
    edited January 2021
    edit: nevermind, giuliani doesn't deserve even a second of my thoughts

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options

And here we see full blown syphilitic brain rot in action!

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Seriously, that man should be in a rest home.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    It is literally unconstitutional to detain a member of Congress on the way to a vote (for good reason: see VA with a delegate arrested when she was en route to vote on police reform).

.... they're not being detained though

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Xaquin wrote: »

right. because they can't be.

personally I don't think the fine is high enough because all of these people are fabulously fucking wealthy but capitol police can't enforce the gun ban for reps the same way it would be for anyone else. pelosi took a pretty reasonable first step here imo.

now, the real question is, when they inevitably blow this off, is she going to start expelling them? or ramping up the fines even further?

Shorty on
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Shorty wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »

right. because they can't be.

personally I don't think the fine is high enough because all of these people are fabulously fucking wealthy but capitol police can't enforce the gun ban for reps the same way it would be for anyone else. pelosi took a pretty reasonable first step here imo.

now, the real question is, when they inevitably blow this off, is she going to start expelling them? or ramping up the fines even further?

Well, only 10 republican reps were willing to indict the President for inciting an angry mob to kill them and are being condemned by their own party, so I'm gonna guess the chances of coming up with 70 republicans willing to cross party lines to expel one of their own are several hundred orders of magnitude worse than the chances that Scarlett Johansson calls me up to explain she's been trying to get a hold of me for so long and she's just dying to take me out to dinner so we can talk about Mass Effect.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Speaking of Game of Thrones

Comey didnt realize you play the game or you are someone else's pawn.

People can be really fucking clever, smart, well supported by the public, and well funded and still fuck up their mission so badly that no one wants to hear from them ever again.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I think calling GoT a fictional documentary makes sense, because like a documentary GoT is very boring

*air horn*

• Options
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    what a bunch of clown shoes bullshit

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    YOURE NOT MY BEST FRIEND ANYMORE, RUDY

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I think calling GoT a fictional documentary makes sense, because like a documentary GoT is very boring

*air horn*

I'm offended

on behalf of documentaries

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

Given how Rudy should've absolutely had ample evidence of Trump shorting people on money he owes them, this is the equivalent of lounging in your lawn chair while you watch Pompeii erupt.

[IMG][/img]
This discussion has been closed.