As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Smell of the [Chat]

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Nickie requested another monitor from her work, since they're on indefinite WFH now and she only has one. Someone dropped it off, a 34" curved ultrawide, she spent an hour rearranging things on her desk to make both fit, plugged it in, and there was a spider crack from the top of the monitor all the way down. Looking closely there's just a tiny little impact scuff on the plastic. So back it goes...

nibXTE7.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Baiken
    Brody wrote: »
    alternatively, get better hands

robotdevilswappinghands.gif

Isn't repeatedly trashing me in chess good enough for you, without also mocking my poor hands?
    Also, thanks for continuing to play what must be increasingly boring games of chess with me, I've enjoyed the chance to try something I'm not very good at

@Brody Hehe no worries, though this will be the last one for me for awhile. I'm reminded that daily chess isn't really for me, and I can't really commit to real-time games either, so my chessy ways will go on hiatus for awhile after we're done with this game.

vRyue2p.png
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Ok I watched the GBBO cheesecake segment.

Laura made the only remotely recognizable cheesecake, everyone else made some bullshit. I was delighted to see her get the only unqualified praise as a reward.

The others had fkin gelatin on top, or had equal amounts base and cheesecake, far too thin, too dark or over baked. It was just like the horrible ones I was moaning about yesterday. And they were all dinged for it.

thank god

Did you watch the one where they all tried to make brownies and failed horribly?

Those brownies looked so. bad.

"You know what would make this brownie really good? Half a jar of jam and an entire meringue, on top" said nobody!!

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »

Laura made the only remotely recognizable cheesecake, everyone else made some bullshit. I was delighted to see her get the only unqualified praise as a reward.

The others had fkin gelatin on top, or had equal amounts base and cheesecake, far too thin, too dark or over baked. It was just like the horrible ones I was moaning about yesterday. And they were all dinged for it.

thank god

Did you watch the one where they all tried to make brownies and failed horribly?

"You know what would make this brownie really good? Half a jar of jam and an entire meringue, on top" said nobody!!

They were terrible.

Also my GF ruined Lottie for me. She is Avril Lavigne of GBBO.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

thank god

what episode is this, I want to see these atrocities

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i finished the newest season of gbbo so i've stepped back a season to number 7 (on american netflix which i guess is uh season 10 by british standards). this extremely fast talking veterinarian who proofs her home bakes inside her python's cage...

i need an antonym for charming

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »

thank god

They were terrible.

Also my GF ruined Lottie for me. She is Avril Lavigne of GBBO.

Really good and the star of the Burnout Paradise soundtrack?

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i finished the newest season of gbbo so i've stepped back a season to number 7 (on american netflix which i guess is uh season 10 by british standards). this extremely fast talking veterinarian who proofs her home bakes inside her python's cage...

i need an antonym for charming

GF hated her voice. But actually Season 7 has some of my favorite people.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

thank god

I cackled in american all the way through

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Baiken
    Winky wrote: »
    I guess they confirmed that FFVII remake
    takes place "after" Advent Children

When? Where?
    They really didn’t need to it’s pretty explicit it a separate timeline and Aerith is aware of the original games timeline

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Ding ding ding ding!

Did you hear that [chat]?! Did you?!

That's the Cricket Bell! There's cricket on today! Specifically, England vs Sri Lanka. First test match in a two match series and assuming the English side doesn't just immediately collapse like a flan in a cupboard it promises to be a ripping match. With Moeen Ali out because of Covid we all get to look forward to Joe Root bowling some of those dibbly dobblies he's so fond of.

Speaking of Joe Root, Ben Foakes must have been caught in bed with Root's wife again because he's being left out of the side in favor of Jos Buttler, who is guaranteed to at least get bowled in an amusing manner at the very least. I mean, yeah Buttler might be one of the best keepers around but he has 2 Test Centuries in 82 innings which is just not good for someone who is supposedly included because of his batting ability and Foakes has been touted as the best away keepers for the English side in SEA pitches so... yeah, Joe Root hates Foakes is the only conclusion I can draw from that.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Shrimp chips rule

poo
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    The Valentine representing my particular obscure fetish
    Right now I want a game that feels like you're an anime or action cartoon opening.

That whole constant series of awesome or poignant moments with lots of shifting perspective set to great music, where "losing" doesn't actually stop the flow, but just puts you into a dark moment or something.

Incenjucar on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Tried cutting my own hair, what do y'all think?
    FMElBq9.jpg

pretty good start!

(i kid i kid, it looks good :))

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    kit woke me up by puking on the bed, and then wandering around puking until she's run out of things to puke. how do i fix? how many emergency vet trips do i need to be making?

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Baiken
    Ugh body is pain

Pain is life

Pain is suffering is life is pain is suffering

So many bruises and sore spots

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Sri Lanka have won the toss and will bat first, hoping to take advantage of the fact that the pitch looks like it's gonna be very kind to batters for the first day or two.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Here is your apology.
    https://youtu.be/-6bRmQfgt08

James Anderson is being rested in favor of Stuart Broad. Limiting the chances of Anderson murdering -another- teammate for dropping an easy catch.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    We don't talk enough about big beavers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OsdtkxZWPk&ab_channel=PBSEons

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I'm considering making a bracket of all of the husbandos on gbbo and determining who is the primo bakeoff boyfriend

there are a lot of contenders

edited January 2021
    Baiken
    Kimjoy is the best gbbo husbando

I have only seen the season with her in it and now all other seasons are bad because she is not there. Maybe one day I will be ready to move on and find other seasons

Neco on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Zappa
    Incenjucar wrote: »

lemme tell you 'bout this chick named Wynona

Sri Lanka has a great national anthem.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

WHERE

No one is providing this for [chat]

Stuart Broad will start the year off for England.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    People have been doing the duet thing on Tiktok and it’s migrated a little to Twitter because that’s where people who don’t use Tiktok get Tiktok content.

Here’s a shanty I’ve discovered today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65s9m5sLxWo

@Bogart

please tell me you're listening to Bumble right now

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I hate to break it to you sea shanty man, but some rum, beer, and 'baccy most definitely would do you some harm

*scowls public health-ly*

MrMister on
    A drop of Nelson’s blood would also do you some harm if Nelson had hepatitis or another blood borne disease.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw

this is the same shanty, (more or less) in my favourite version

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Here’s a shanty I’ve discovered today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65s9m5sLxWo

I was really confused at first, because I thought this was a reference to the shanty (building).

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    A drop of Nelson’s blood would also do you some harm if Nelson had hepatitis or another blood borne disease.

probably not, I think it was quite sterile

ftOqU21.png
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw

this is the same shanty, (more or less) in my favourite version

The sheer energy of the leader here is incredible.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
    edited January 2021
    Baiken
    Those people are all dressed too normally for shanty singing

Neco on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Zappa