As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2021: Coup Harder

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Not surprisingly we have some assholes to kick out of the Guard, as at least one showed up with a thin Blue line flag on his uniform

https://mobile.twitter.com/dave_brown24/status/1349395835688284160

That’s actually a violation of Army Regulation 670-1, the wear and appearance of military uniform. You are not allowed to wear non-official patches, racist or not.

Whole squad let him get off the bus with that, ain't nobody like his ass.

Carpy on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Smurph wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I'm sure the gop will set up gofundmes for being able to skip the metal detectors

they will be well funded

Maybe gofundme will be the next service to deplatform someone

The banned a bunch of capital protest criminals who were trying to raise funds to get home after they ended up on no fly lists.
    I don't think this is true: after the 6th gofundme has banned people from fundraising for travel expenses to political events 'where there's risk of violence.' But there are currently no no-fly lists for the rioters specifically and all the videos online have been recycled ant-mask altercations farmed for likes. I don't think there's any evidence anyone got stuck in DC, it seems like everyone got home pretty quickly and were arrested there.

august on
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/3an7pn/pirate-bay-founder-thinks-parlers-inability-to-stay-online-is-embarrassing

“In all honesty, the reason we did The Pirate Bay was to bring freedom and take back control from a centralised system,” Kolmisoppi said. “The reason that Gab et al will fail is because they're just whining bitches that have only one ideology: egotism. Sharing is caring y'all.”

In more recent years, Kolmoisoppi has moved on to fund Njalla, a privacy-centric domain name registration service. One he says was already asked to host Parler, and refused.

“Of course we wouldn't,” Kolmisoppi said. “We're pro human rights, which includes the right to not be killed by extreme right wing terrorists.”

Tweeter is a prominent pirate.
    Also the Parler and gab folks want to keep control and make all of the money. And that is the antithesis of a decentralized model. They could do a tor onion router style for parler, but they can’t advertise and harvest user data easily on that sort of platform.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    This man is about to set the Guiness world record for most sued person in human history and he's already establishing a reputation for not paying his attorney.

This year is gonna be good.

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

I feel relief at this and that just highlights how much fucking raining weird we've been dealing with over the last few years

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    No joke, the Army has one of the best logistics systems in the world. The amount of precautions, redundancy, and preparation the military logistics system does in insane. For good reason too.

Know that old phrase; an Army marches on its stomach? That’s not just about marching. As hungry Soldiers are not happy Soldiers, and an unhappy Soldier can make unhappy decisions.

That the Commander-in-Chief allowed the country to deteriorate so much that we cheer the bare necessity of FUCKING FEEDING THE FUCKING TROOPs fills me with a vile rage difficult to describe.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    No joke, the Army has one of the best logistics systems in the world. The amount of precautions, redundancy, and preparation the military logistics system does in insane. For good reason too.

Know that old phrase; an Army marches on its stomach? That’s not just about marching. As hungry Soldiers are not happy Soldiers, and an unhappy Soldier can make unhappy decisions.

That the Commander-in-Chief allowed the country to deteriorate so much that we cheer the bare necessity of FUCKING FEEDING THE FUCKING TROOPs fills me with a vile rage difficult to describe.

Logistics won us WW2 basically.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Trace wrote: »

More so resources+manufacturing from what I understand but you can kinda roll that into logistics.

HappylilElf on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I'm sure the gop will set up gofundmes for being able to skip the metal detectors

they will be well funded

Not that many people for that long.

Aye. The way these things go you gotta be one of the first pigs to the trough on a specific issue to be able to actually make money from angry conservatives throwing money around. Hundreds of house members generating huge bills on a daily basis is not something the conservative gofundme system can support.

More so resources+manufacturing from what I understand but you can kinda roll that into logistics.

Totally one and the same IMO. Someone has to predict expenditures so they can place orders to the manufacturers and schedule production and delivery rates. It’s more administrative logistics than ‘Soldier driving supplies in a truck’ logistics, but it’s still logistics.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

Logistics, and two oceans to protect them. Hell, the US is still pretty much un-invadable because of that. Getting enough troops across an ocean is a massive logistics feat, and the one short hop is the Bering Straight. Which only gets you to Alaska and very inhospitable wilderness.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Logistics, and two oceans to protect them.

Two oceans, natural resources relevant to (then) modern warfare and a population of fighting age men that hadn't been embroiled in war for a decade/truncated by having an incomprehensible chunk of the previous generation die in a different war.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Also sending a shit tonne of resources to the Soviet Union that then sent those resources against the brunt of the nazi armies. Like not to discount the western front efforts, but being able to send enough supplies that Russia could essentially afford to lose like 100 tanks for every 1 German one helped

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Apparently your not familiar with the phrase "one of the good ones"

Not all racists are klansmen sans hoods. There are plenty of racists who, say, hate black people but love Michael Jordan. You'd be shocked at how many out and out racists love black celebrities. They hate the welfare queens and gangbanging thugs they think the average African american is, but successful black americans are A-OK. They use them to reenforce their worldview that black people COULD be successful if the weren't ust so damn lazy and asking for handouts.

Also, just because soneone wasn't racist before, doesn't mean that can'tbecome so later in life, either.

Racism is a terrible, terrible rainbow. Just a wide spectrum of horseshit.

Yeah. For instance, as a white man, I used to like white people.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

Two oceans, natural resources relevant to (then) modern warfare and a population of fighting age men that hadn't been embroiled in war for a decade/truncated by having an incomprehensible chunk of the previous generation die in a different war.

Logistics, Two oceans, natural resources relevant to (then) modern warfare and a population of fighting age men that hadn't been embroiled in war for a decade/truncated by having an incomprehensible chunk of the previous generation die in a different war, and a fanatical devotion to-

DAMN!

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Not surprisingly we have some assholes to kick out of the Guard, as at least one showed up with a thin Blue line flag on his uniform

https://mobile.twitter.com/dave_brown24/status/1349395835688284160

I was all ready to be furious but the next tweet pointed out it's the wrong color, he's wearing the Thin Baja Blast Line patch, repping Taco Bell workers. Which, is actually a thing apparently.

A few tweets down and someone pointed out it is a Blue Lives Matter patch, and linked the product from a company selling it. Its slightly more blue than the Baja Blast one which is fairly greenish.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    august wrote: »

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1349533536848633858
    Nice bit by
    @jdawsey1
    - Trump has told advisers to stiff Rudy for legal fees, and that he didn't appreciate the demand for $20k a day that Rudy's associate put in writing yet Rudy maintained to me he didn't make

Rudy please flip.

Oh please trump: stiff the guy who's super unstable and supposed to be your lawyer in the upcomming impeachment.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    the problem is that rudy turning isn't a problem for anyone
    he's not a kind of guy like cohen where he kept receipts and stuff

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Probably smart to make a co-conspirator your lawyer if you never plan on paying him. What's he gonna do, confess?

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    the problem is that rudy turning isn't a problem for anyone
    he's not a kind of guy like cohen where he kept receipts and stuff

No, but Rudy is absolutely smart enough to be able to tell everyone where bodies are buried even if he can't provide a precise GPS co-ordinate.

Like, Dude's basically been a fixer for trump and close confidant for decades.

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIRYVQlfjbI

"Rep. Mikie Sherrill talks with Rachel Maddow about the investigation she and thirty other members of Congress have requested into an unusual number of tour groups being shown around the Capitol the day before Donald Trump supporters would rampage through the building, some with an apparently uncanny familiarity with the layout. Aired on 01/14/2021."

She explained that she was really caught off guard even before the coups because she saw a bunch of people wandering around at a time when no tours were allowed -- even by members of congress. And the only way they could have gotten through was via congress.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    august wrote: »

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1349533536848633858
    Nice bit by
    @jdawsey1
    - Trump has told advisers to stiff Rudy for legal fees, and that he didn't appreciate the demand for $20k a day that Rudy's associate put in writing yet Rudy maintained to me he didn't make

Rudy please flip.

Oh please trump: stiff the guy who's super unstable and supposed to be your lawyer in the upcomming impeachment.
    You think Rudy is gonna do anything other than grovel at Trump's feet still? He's a fucking pushover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3k4SPY2k0c

"As new disturbing details of the attack on the Capitol emerge and more arrests are made, MSNBC’s Ari Melber provides a deep dive into the MAGA attack, exploring the methods and motivations of the rioters and explaining the importance of confronting this disturbing reality. Melber breaks down 30 minutes of harrowing footage from the siege, noting that it accounts for just 8 percent of the grueling 6 hour attack. (This interview is from MSNBC’s “The Beat with Ari Melber, a news show covering politics, law and culture airing nightly at 6pm ET on MSNBC."

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Motion to retitle the Thread to: "Impeachment Two Electric Boogaloo"

The fascists took Boogaloo too.
    What About "2impeach 2ment"

2 Fash 2 Curious

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Motion to retitle the Thread to: "Impeachment Two Electric Boogaloo"

The fascists took Boogaloo too.
    What About "2impeach 2ment"

2 Fash 2 Curious

I liked what Colbert is calling it, “do it fast, we’re furious!”

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Impeachment 2: Boogaloo Boogaloo

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    A thought, by the way. There have been comments to the effect of "the reason why the forebears of these seditionists wore hoods is because of the indictments now happening". This is untrue. The KKK did not wear hoods in order to hide their identities from the police. Indeed, their identities were usually known to the police (if they weren't the police themselves!).

The reason they wore hoods was to be more like so called 'zip tie guy' Eric Munchel. When we learned who he was, he seemed to be just another pathetic loser, externalizing his bitterness at losing his status with his violent insurrectionist action.

But at the time, we were all worried that he was some highly trained operator. He was faceless, and frightening because of that. But take of the mask, get a look at his face, and he's just a jerk.

Just something I had been ruminating over.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    But at the time, we were all worried that he was some highly trained operator. He was faceless, and frightening because of that. But take of the mask, get a look at his face, and he's just a jerk.

I half wonder if the fact that the most common photo of him was mid-super-cool-handrail-vaulting so he looked very purposeful and on his way to do something with the zip ties

then after that we saw him chilling with his mother and he morphed into just another tacticool idiot

Dhalphir on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    He reminded me of Black Noir from The Boys - all the more threatening because you can't see his face or know what his motivations are

Until (spoilers for season 2)
    he gets brought down by a nut allergy, or in this case, his mum

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    Dhalphir wrote: »

I half wonder if the fact that the most common photo of him was mid-super-cool-handrail-vaulting so he looked very purposeful and on his way to do something with the zip ties

then after that we saw him chilling with his mother and he morphed into just another tacticool idiot

In the end, it doesn't matter.

The intimidation came from the mob, not from individual skill.

You don't need to be elite forces to perform a kidnapping when you have an angry mob acting as backup.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Impeachment 2: Boogaloo Boogaloo

Impeachment 2: Lost in Coup York.

You don't need to be elite forces to perform a kidnapping when you have an angry mob acting as backup.
    I mean, it helps, because an angry mob can be stopped with 1 bullet.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3k4SPY2k0c

"As new disturbing details of the attack on the Capitol emerge and more arrests are made, MSNBC’s Ari Melber provides a deep dive into the MAGA attack, exploring the methods and motivations of the rioters and explaining the importance of confronting this disturbing reality. Melber breaks down 30 minutes of harrowing footage from the siege, noting that it accounts for just 8 percent of the grueling 6 hour attack. (This interview is from MSNBC’s “The Beat with Ari Melber, a news show covering politics, law and culture airing nightly at 6pm ET on MSNBC."

I assume we’ve already talked about the panic button thing?

Political reporter citing a piece in the Boston Globe that the panic button in Ayanna Pressley’s office has been torn out before the attack on the Capitol.

This was a weirdly coordinated and pre-meditated level of stupid. I think their entire thought process was “if we just get rid of enough Democrats, the GOP will declare Trump the winner.” and given the GOP’s behavior during the impeachment I’m not sure they’re 100% wrong.

edited January 2021
    zepherin wrote: »

I mean, it helps, because an angry mob can be stopped with 1 bullet.

Realistically, the same would be true even for someone with real training. It's not like he's going to take a bullet to the chest and continue zip tying people.

It's all larping and theater until it isn't. Trump was larping as a presidential candidate. And then then he actually became president.

The reason he's scary is because the mask shows intent and foresight. He's still an idiot, but at least he knew not to reveal his identity while the kidnapping is happening. Which makes him a genius compared to his accomplices.

Being an idiot and a threat aren't mutually exclusive.

Schrodinger on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

That entire sentence is like one incomprehensible indictment on modernity

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

Logistics, Two oceans, natural resources relevant to (then) modern warfare and a population of fighting age men that hadn't been embroiled in war for a decade/truncated by having an incomprehensible chunk of the previous generation die in a different war, and a fanatical devotion to-

DAMN!

I think nobody expected that.

sig.gif
    He probably thinks he can totes deflect bullets.

steam_sig.png

Eddy wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »

That entire sentence is like one incomprehensible indictment on modernity
    “They left jail last month after each posted 10 percent of a $750,000 bail.“

This discussion has been closed.