As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Smell of the [Chat]

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    also my favourite video of shanty singing, Statsraad Lehmkuhl returning to Bergen after three months at sea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8s_Z13jEeo

edit: the shanty is (based on) "South Australia"

edit2: also at that moment, KNM Statsraad Lehmkuhl, rather, as that's the navy manning the yards. They use her as a school ship ever now and then. Hence the split flag, the orlogsflagg, on it, rather than the regular norwegian flag.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Zappa
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    also my favourite video of shanty singing, Statsraad Lehmkuhl returning to Bergen after three months at sea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8s_Z13jEeo

jesus, the person leading that has a set of lungs on him

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    16/2

Suart Broad begins to reap the souls of the Sri Lankan cricket team with two wickets in an over.

• Options
    anyway good morning, I finally slept until actual morning

there was a brief moment of being in the pits of despair, because I thought there was coffee left and then I saw it wasn't

but now the pots boiling and I'm listening to shanties and this could be a decent day after all

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I'm considering making a bracket of all of the husbandos on gbbo and determining who is the primo bakeoff boyfriend

there are a lot of contenders

@Casual Eddy off the top of my head without looking at a list of contestants, the medical student. Tamal? He was so charming and very handsome and good at baking.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The Valentine representing my particular obscure fetish
    Starting to think that the Switch has poor controller responsiveness.

Definitely running out of games worth playing on the thing.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    But animal crossing is forever incenjucar

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I possibly got the covid (source unknown) but I am mostly asymptomatic. Won't know until a test tomorrow at 3:00pm.

God I hope it's negative I need to be able to go outside again. Maybe get a carton of milk.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Baiken
    The joycons aren’t great. I’m buying another pro controller next week so I can actually play the more difficult games I have on it, because fuck playing Megaman games on the joycons

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I possibly got the covid (source unknown) but I am mostly asymptomatic. Won't know until a test tomorrow at 3:00pm.

God I hope it's negative I need to be able to go outside again. Maybe get a carton of milk.

sympathies, this was my exact experience of being quarantined. "Shit, I need a carton of milk, it's been like a day, thought I was ready."

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    But animal crossing is forever incenjucar

True, though I burned out on that months ago. I think this is going to become my bulk as hell DS and little else. It just seems to not be responsive enough for me to enjoy games with tight activation windows.

A-OK for turn-based, but I struggle to find the right turn-based games.

May just become my Ring Fit Machine and nothing else.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

sympathies, this was my exact experience of being quarantined. "Shit, I need a carton of milk, it's been like a day, thought I was ready."

I found an ancient can of evaporated milk and mixed it with water to the right concentration and it tastes like absolute shit. It is truly stunning the degree to which doing this did not create milk.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote: »

Good baby sitter nice soft hammock for soft baby head.

• Options
  • Options
    Zappa
    It's the middle of January and it's raining in Fargo, ND.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Easy there, Tom Waits

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Wood to Angelo Mathews, no run

91mph and this time he's broken Mathews' bat!

Broke the bat right in fucking half. That was impressive.

• Options
    Dom Bess gets his first wicket.

Sri Lanka is now 25/3.

• Options
    Zappa
    knitdan wrote: »

Easy there, Tom Waits

Ok good pull

But no really, this is really not how January is supposed to happen here

• Options
    Whale sitting there like

Lol, pelicans ain’t shit

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

I know you aren't allowed to switch out balls, can you switch out bats?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »

I know you aren't allowed to switch out balls, can you switch out bats?

Not unless they get broken. And you can switch out balls after 90 overs. Or 80 overs, can't remember right off the top of my head when the new ball gets offered.

• Options

I found an ancient can of evaporated milk and mixed it with water to the right concentration and it tastes like absolute shit. It is truly stunning the degree to which doing this did not create milk.

I haven't tried that since I was like 9 in our fridge-less boat, wanting some damn cereal. It left a permanent mark. Scar tissue of the soul.

also I had spent most of the week before quarantine doing nothing at home but the instant I was told I couldn't leave I wanted to get out, which made me understand why cats cry to get you to open a door for no other reason than to have it open, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you're feeling something similar

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I am annoyed that the hitman 2 expansion pass with the two levels I haven't played is 40 dollars

Apparently it goes on sale down to ten or even cheaper, but it's not on sale now which is when I want to buy it. Curses. Hopefully with 3 coming out next week it'll go on sale somewhere soon.

• Options
    you're really an incorrigible offender aren't you?

do you think the LAW does not apply to you?!

off to the dungeon!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Baiken
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I am annoyed that the hitman 2 expansion pass with the two levels I haven't played is 40 dollars

Apparently it goes on sale down to ten or even cheaper, but it's not on sale now which is when I want to buy it. Curses. Hopefully with 3 coming out next week it'll go on sale somewhere soon.

Everything Hitman was on sale last week

• Options
    it's gotten cold in norway, and thus, the ever traditional news articles about people getting busted for doing a shit job of scraping their windows

or in this case, not touching it, figuring that the air will get it eventually

XmSs7rWYwT1JNzlrWW53SAuNxdoJb9MA15HCocR-rg0g.png

which cost the driver 8000 kr and the right to drive for three months.

some people look forward to winter and being bundled up with a mug of hot chocolate. I look forward to this.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Baiken
    So I guess the normal host of Forged in Fire took some mat leave and the guy replacing him has negative charisma.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    So I guess the normal host of Forged in Fire took some mat leave and the guy replacing him has negative charisma.

But will it keeeeel

• Options
    Baiken
    spool32 wrote: »

But will it keeeeel

This is the episode I was watching look at this dude hosting zero charisma or personality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vey6np0-KFk

• Options
    Doug Marcaida may be a knife pervert but at least he’s interesting

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Ky Kiske
    dunropqjnhf7.jpeg

I feel like this is for @credeiki

• Options
    Baiken
    Kamiro wrote: »
    dunropqjnhf7.jpeg

I feel like this is for credeiki

that meg

• Options
    Back when i was still driving a full size van the heater went out in the dead of winter. The most recent event in a series of parts dying in that van.

I couldn’t defrost my windshield so I bought a can of de-icer and would periodically spray it on the windshield from inside the vehicle, while I was driving

How did I do this? Did I perhaps roll the window down and reach out? Of course not, that would be too easy. Besides, the windows didn’t roll down because after their electric motors died I rigged the windows so they stayed up no matter what.

So how to reach out? Well, vehicles of a certain vintage came with little triangular windows in front of the regular windows, that could be flipped open on a central pivot point.

So here I was, in below freezing temperatures, spraying chemicals onto my windshield through the little batwing windows so I could see the road ahead.

Yeah that lasted a week or two before I finally bit the bullet and went to go buy a new car.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Baiken
    I really hope they do something in the Hades universe again, or even pull a God of War and do a different pantheon(s).

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    dunropqjnhf7.jpeg

I feel like this is for credeiki

yes I am very much here for hades x streetwear

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    My brain is all out of focus tonight.

Training at work is feeling good and giving me good ideas.

My exceptionally unusual skill set is letting me blow minds using information I picked up from a community college electiive I took decades ago.

Got a new game idea I'm musing about.

Gearing up to do some more writing this weekend.

Day started with lots of happiness around one grandma and then found out the other grandma died, but I'm mostly mad at my sister's in-laws for some other thing.

Really glad I have a three day weekend ahead to refocus.

This discussion has been closed.