As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Smell of the [Chat]

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The Valentine representing my particular obscure fetish
    Kamiro wrote: »
    dunropqjnhf7.jpeg

I feel like this is for @credeiki

Is this Kingdom Hearts?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I really hope they do something in the Hades universe again, or even pull a God of War and do a different pantheon(s).

me too, but I think they won't, which is also why I love them so

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I'm still a little scarred from the rollercoaster that was "I have coffee! I can just immediately get up and have a coffee, what a joyous day" "I do not actually have coffee." this morning

I hereby pledge to make sure there's at least one cup left in the evening to keep this from happening again

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'm still a little scarred from the rollercoaster that was "I have coffee! I can just immediately get up and have a coffee, what a joyous day" "I do not actually have coffee." this morning

I hereby pledge to make sure there's at least one cup left in the evening to keep this from happening again

I did not enjoy this emotional journey

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Baiken
    Hades sucks cuz I can’t play as Meg

• Options
    Baiken
    I have a magic bottle that keeps my coffee hot all night and I drink it halfway through my shift every night

In two hours I get to have my fresh hot coffee

• Options
    Baiken
    Don’t save my draft immediately after posting!

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    It's the middle of January and it's raining in Fargo, ND.

it was 60 degrees in Reno today

felt downright hot out for mid-january

life on earth is doomed and i can feel it and i do not like it

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    i have an awful headache today, with fatigue and sniffles. i hope it is not The Symptoms.

edit: omg looking at my previous post it could be pollen allergies! i hope that's it.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Dizzy
    I'd give my right arm to be a whaler in the 19th century.

Sure they worked hard and died at sea but at least they had a specific time when their shift ended and they could go to sleep in peace. You don't hear about whalers suffering ulcers due to to backlogged work.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Dizzy
    I also enjoy murdering endangered fishmammals, of course.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The sea shanty guy was on Radio 4 news this morning. He's a postman, and his explanation of "when the tonguing is done" made the newsreader say "well now I wish I'd never asked".

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    In a way aren’t we all that broken man on a Halifax pier, cursing the liars who got us into this mess and left us holding the bag?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Honk wrote: »
    I'd give my right arm to be a whaler in the 19th century.

Sure they worked hard and died at sea but at least they had a specific time when their shift ended and they could go to sleep in peace. You don't hear about whalers suffering ulcers due to to backlogged work.

https://youtu.be/rCKJM2juNhk

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Parents came back after a 2 month trip to Taiwan and they brought back a bunch of instant noodles, the kind with no english instructions

Why is the gulf so fucking huge between Asian instant noodles and the kind that gets made in the US

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Baiken
    New Years Resolution

(try) to stop getting on the hype train and only playing/buying one single player game at a time and finishing more games this year.

Although really I dont forsee too many games coming out this year. I expect everything being pushed forwards at least 6 months cause of covid.

That HP game already got pushed into next year, I have a feeling Arkham Knights will be too. There is a not so surprising lack of games announced at the moment for this year.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Baiken
    Is this considered a double milkshake duck?
    Popular YouTube personality Uncle Roger (a character played by Nigel Ng) did a video with food vlogger Mike Chen earlier this week - however, Nigel Ng has now deleted the video because of Mike Chen being outspoken against China's human rights violations/CCP

It seems Nigel Ng is now getting backlash for removing the video because Mike rightfully advocates for human rights for all people in China. Nigel Ng even went as far as to say "I wasn't aware of his political thoughts and his incorrect remarks about China".

Then I'm made aware that Chen is a Falun Gong supporter WOMP WOMP

--

Although I see people speculation Ng may have family who go into China and hes just trying to protect them from getting into trouble with the CCP which makes sense but who knows.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Popular YouTube personality Uncle Roger (a character played by Nigel Ng) did a video with food vlogger Mike Chen earlier this week - however, Nigel Ng has now deleted the video because of Mike Chen being outspoken against China's human rights violations/CCP

It seems Nigel Ng is now getting backlash for removing the video because Mike rightfully advocates for human rights for all people in China. Nigel Ng even went as far as to say "I wasn't aware of his political thoughts and his incorrect remarks about China".

--

Although I see people speculation Ng may have family who go into China and hes just trying to protect them from getting into trouble with the CCP which makes sense but who knows.

how is it a double milkshake duck instead of a regular monoduck?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Baiken

--

Well its two people getting outted as shitty

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    is it a geoduck

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Dizzy
    We’re having trouble with teams today. It gives noise like someone is calling you but there’s no notification and no indication in the program so you can’t click anything. One more problem whalers don’t have.

• Options
    Baiken
    My five hour old coffee burned my mouth 😎😎😎

• Options
    Baiken
    Lucedes wrote: »

It felt nice outside, and then inside I died of heat because the heater is always on. I was lying in bed removing layers off of me until I was finally cool enough to fall asleep.

Translator’s note: I am not in control of the thermostat

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Dizzy
    Because I am always behind on the times I am now watching The Queens Gambit

1 1/2 episodes in and I feel like it is good but also it's a little too by-the-numbers with the whole troubled genius thing, and it could use a few less lines about Chess Moves and a bit more about the logic of the game and why that makes it so beautiful

Like Beth loving chess is shown pretty well in her actions, but the show has yet to really even try to formulate a reason why she does, or why we should

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Zappa
    Lucedes wrote: »

I mean lol and all but it was 40f today

That's literally 20-30 degrees warmer than it normally is.

The average high temp here in January is 18f

I'm not saying the sky is falling or the end is neigh

I'm saying "This is pretty fuckin' weird!"

• Options
    Baiken
    Yes, the end is definitely neigh

https://youtu.be/yvJDHbrumak

• Options
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

1 1/2 episodes in and I feel like it is good but also it's a little too by-the-numbers with the whole troubled genius thing, and it could use a few less lines about Chess Moves and a bit more about the logic of the game and why that makes it so beautiful

Like Beth loving chess is shown pretty well in her actions, but the show has yet to really even try to formulate a reason why she does, or why we should

It is incredibly by the numbers and simple, bit it is also well made and an unusual subject which does a lot for it.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    There's snow all over the Golden Triangle - I've got pictures from friends in York and Leeds, and there's significant snowfall here in Harrogate

Probably explains why my recycling hasn't been collected

Hopefully my delivery makes it through - I finally paid the customs charge on my AcqInc blanket and Birds Are Weird poster

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Baiken
    Sometimes I worry that I may in fact be too legit

• Options
    the most dilligent people in the street were out as soon as the first snow came, first clearing, then once more snow and ice came, salting it

salt is absolutely the wrong choice now because walking past there is now way worse than walking past where people are too lazy to do anything, because what melted from the salt has now frozen again so instead of just snow it's black ice. Good job.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Sometimes I worry that I may in fact be too legit

it is a problem when i want to stop doing something

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Dizzy
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »

It is incredibly by the numbers and simple, bit it is also well made and an unusual subject which does a lot for it.

Yeah it's well directed and it is unapologetically feminist in a very refreshing way, especially for this kinda story.

On the one hand it's kinda giving me the itch to play some more chess, so it must be doing something right

On the other hand it's also making me want to watch Chihayafuru again, which is also about a young woman consumed by her love of a game. Beth is a more troubled character than that anime, but so far her Being Troubled is the weakest part of the show to me.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    we get snow here every winter but not a lot of snow, and there was significant snowfall just now

people are entirely unable to grasp that no, we can't have snowplows enough for this kind of situation, when it doesn't stop snowing we'll just have to deal with unplowed roads for a day or two. There is a lot of complaining.

like that time heathrow was shut down entirely by snowfall far less than what oslo airport gardermoen deals with multiple times each winter - because nevermind having the crew, if they'd bought enough snowplows the last time that happened, they'd have rusted apart by the time it happened again

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

--

Well its two people getting outted as shitty

I just see one person getting two reasons for the CCP to super not be a fan of his

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OK, now it's snowing. Too wet to settle, though.

This sucks. I didn't read all those articles about global warming to be cold and wet in winter.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    OK, now it's snowing. Too wet to settle, though.

This sucks. I didn't read all those articles about global warming to be cold and wet in winter.

I'm past the honeymoon phase of "oh look how pretty!" and instead getting annoyed at slipping constantly, and my shoes turning my bathroom floor white from all the salt

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Dizzy
    My biggest annoyance so far is that they need to figure out a way to direct the games in a way that doesn't make it seem like the people are all playing speed chess

Every single game has been directed this way and it's just so unoriginal and unambitious

This discussion has been closed.