As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We live in interesting [Quarantimes]

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm bummed out that Control is XBox only on Game Pass

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I'm bummed out that Control is XBox only on Game Pass

It struggles a bit to on a regular Xbox One. I assume it was intended more for the One X. Sometimes the useful part of the map doesn't load and it can lag when pausing or bringing up menus. Haven't seen any drops during gameplay though. Maybe as things get more intense that'll change, but I'm still early on.

I got the Ultimate Edition on Steam recently but decided to play on Xbox since I figured my 2012 PC would struggle hard and I might as well wait until the market allows regular people to buy parts and then see it with all the pretties. Seems it was the right call.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Just got a text
    Hey I'm leaving work achey and with a 100. 5 fever just letting you know

Oh goddammit

Wait. Who is this?
    Denise.

I do not know any Deniseses.

• Options
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Denisi?

that's the roman name

in its original greek it would be denisepodes

• Options
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Brain fog is typically:

- memory loss
    - slower performance/struggling with tasks
    - trouble remembering words
    - difficulty processing information
    - trouble concentrating
    - less spatial awareness

For me I really feel how it affects my ability to parse what people are saying and how quickly I speak/respond. I also flub my words a lot. I need to read things multiple times and I have to pause after listening to someone speak in order to process what they have been saying, not because my mind is distracted, but because it is slow

And the memory problems can be intense!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Brain fog is typically:

- memory loss
    - trouble concentrating
    - less spatial awareness

For me I really feel how it affects my ability to parse what people are saying and how quickly I speak/respond. I also flub my words a lot. I need to read things multiple times and I have to pause after listening to someone speak in order to process what they have been saying, not because my mind is distracted, but because it is slow

when somebody talks to you and you absolutely know you're listening with intent and then 20 seconds later you go "wait what?" and suddenly you have forgotten everything that has transpired

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Just got a text

Oh goddammit

Wait. Who is this?
    Denise.

Know any Denephews?

• Options
    I De-not

Also, I finally got back in with my tattoo artist. Gonna set up an appointment that's hopefully far enough out that maybe I'll have a vaccine boppin' around in me and I can save the frankly unreasonable amount of money I quoted myself.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Just got notified by contact tracers that my daughter was exposed on Friday.

Wheeeeeeee

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Just got a text

Oh goddammit

Wait. Who is this?
    Denise.

Know any Denephews?

OH FUCK YOU

There I was. I saw Jugg’s post. Haha! The perfect response! BUT WHAT ABOUT DENEPHEW I say aloud, imagining the internet points about to start flowing into my coffers.

I stab the quote button urgently and begin scrolling greedily down the page.

And what do I see?!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    First jab get. Moderna right on my right arm. Waiting my 15 minutes.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    My grandparents on my mom's side are at that age where they're like "we'll be dying soon lol" and they're wanting to have these sort of sit down meetings with each grandkid. They're also super Christian so I'm vaguely uncomfortable at the idea this may be one of those things where they want to pass on their knowledge and be sure everybody is all saved up in Jesus before they go.

I make it a point to not discuss my lack of religion. Small family, probably wouldn't go over all that well. So I'm not one hundred percent sure how to go about this if they flat out ask me. I'm not gonna lie but I also don't want them to be freaking out about my everlasting soul in their last years.

Kinda not looking forward to it even though they're my grandparents and I love them.

• Options
    DessertedDesserted Dessert desertRegistered User regular
    My grandparents on my mom's side are at that age where they're like "we'll be dying soon lol" and they're wanting to have these sort of sit down meetings with each grandkid. They're also super Christian so I'm vaguely uncomfortable at the idea this may be one of those things where they want to pass on their knowledge and be sure everybody is all saved up in Jesus before they go.

I make it a point to not discuss my lack of religion. Small family, probably wouldn't go over all that well. So I'm not one hundred percent sure how to go about this if they flat out ask me. I'm not gonna lie but I also don't want them to be freaking out about my everlasting soul in their last years.

Kinda not looking forward to it even though they're my grandparents and I love them.

Hmm yeah not a fun spot to be in. When it comes to religion and moments like that I tend to acknowledge their views and avoid telling them I don't believe what they do. But if they do ask I lie a little bit to make them feel okay, because it doesn't hurt me any and they won't be worrying about something that matters to them.

• Options
    Yeah I should probably just do that.

Everybody else is already married and given them great grandkids except for me so I'm already probably the fuck up.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I've been there, and I lied. You've put up with all the headache and crap so far, don't do anything to risk your inheritance.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I've been sweating and stressing over sanding the handle on my bow for like two months now

I'm not going to do it

Sorry, everyone

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    i can't BELIEVE this turn of events

• Options
    Sorry, comrade

Once things settle down with the mail, I will ship it back to the bowyer and have them do it

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    You ever have one of those moments when you're playing a videogame, and something happens which makes you think of something or feel a certain way, and you imagine if that's how the person who made it intended for you to feel, and you find yourself thinking "Wow is this what human connection feels like" and then you get overwhelmed with melancholy?

Why yes I'm feeling very emotionally stable right now, why do you ask?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Brain fog is typically:

- memory loss
    - trouble concentrating
    - less spatial awareness

when somebody talks to you and you absolutely know you're listening with intent and then 20 seconds later you go "wait what?" and suddenly you have forgotten everything that has transpired

huh this is all what living with ADHD is like all the time for me, that's interesting.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Doug, while I am sad I can absolutely respect your decision

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Tef wrote: »

The bow is too expensive for me to fuck with, sorry y'all

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I think it’s for the best. Better safe than sorry.

You will need it to fend off the fascists soon enough

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    This has been a weird week.

I had a brief Facebook scuffle on the weekend with a family friend about Trump stuff, resulting in them blocking me (which in itself was kinda hilarious, because I barely even engaged with them, so I think they only did it after they got extremely dunked on by everyone else piping in)

Since then it feels like the floodgates have opened in my social/family circles and a whole bunch of folks are suddenly outing themselves around me as Q-adjacent conspiracy weirdos.

Stop it, ya dumbos

• Options
    That really sucks dude, sorry to hear that

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »

The bow is too expensive for me to fuck with, sorry y'all

Honestly if I were in your position I would make the exact same decision.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Brain fog is typically:

- memory loss
    - trouble concentrating
    - less spatial awareness

huh this is all what living with ADHD is like all the time for me, that's interesting.

Yeah there’s a lot of overlap of symptoms between various things, of course!

Like I identify with a solid 1/2 of ADHD symptoms/memes/etc but I’m 99% certain I don’t have ADHD, especially when I can see how it affects Mori and my brothers

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Brain fog is typically:

- memory loss
    - trouble concentrating
    - less spatial awareness

Yeah there’s a lot of overlap of symptoms between various things, of course!

Like I identify with a solid 1/2 of ADHD symptoms/memes/etc but I’m 99% certain I don’t have ADHD, especially when I can see how it affects Mori and my brothers

I am generally doing quite well these days, but I've noticed a drastic increase in losing words mid-conversation, even ones I used a few sentences ago or someone else did

Guess having too much going on with the news and all might be playing a part there causing some brain fog! Or at least I now have an excuse, haha

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I did a thing today. The thing was just cleaning up my instapot pot and making dinner with it for the first time in probably 8+ months but still.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Good thing.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

I had a brief Facebook scuffle on the weekend with a family friend about Trump stuff, resulting in them blocking me (which in itself was kinda hilarious, because I barely even engaged with them, so I think they only did it after they got extremely dunked on by everyone else piping in)

Since then it feels like the floodgates have opened in my social/family circles and a whole bunch of folks are suddenly outing themselves around me as Q-adjacent conspiracy weirdos.

Stop it, ya dumbos

Sorry if we enabled it Kane!

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »

Stop it, ya dumbos

Sorry if we enabled it Kane!

Nah it's all good! They needed some hard pushback and you all did well with that.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Felt like watching Deadwood again. It's on Amazon, and for some reason even though we pay for Amazon Prime and can watch a ton of new films and TV shows for free, I would have to pay £20 per season to watch Deadwood, a show that is 15 years old. Literally the only explanation is Jeff Bezos is out to annoy me, personally. Fuck you Jeff.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Felt like watching Deadwood again. It's on Amazon, and for some reason even though we pay for Amazon Prime and can watch a ton of new films and TV shows for free, I would have to pay £20 per season to watch Deadwood, a show that is 15 years old. Literally the only explanation is Jeff Bezos is out to annoy me, personally. Fuck you Jeff.

Huh they must have changed it after HBO Max came out. I watched it over the summer on prime without paying extra.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    HBO got real greedy with their shit and hid a bunch of it behind pay walls on Hulu and Amazon. I guess to try and pull people over to HBO MAX.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    The streaming companies up here have also gotten excessive with new charges

It costs $30 on top of a streaming subscription to watch WW84! I will not pay that!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Well I just ordered the blu ray boxset for £20, hooray for second hand book shops.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I wonder what goes on when they record VO for new tech. Like the Bluetooth connection bit you get with earphones.

"No connection."

"Alright, that was good, but could we get one with, like, slight disappointment? Like you've just discovered you've run out of jam."

Yes, I have started on daily walks, why do you ask?

euj90n71sojo.png
This discussion has been closed.