As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]-heim. Valhalla has no backlogs.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Holy shit, the power not be back on until Saturday evening. It’s like ~60 degrees in the house right now and was colder overnight. Thankfully the wife can go to her office and the kids have daycare opening at 7am, so that helps out a lot. As for me though... :bigfrown:

Yeesh, what’s the point of a backlog if you can’t cover yourself in digital games to stay warm?!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Are you me?

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Holy shit, the power not be back on until Saturday evening. It’s like ~60 degrees in the house right now and was colder overnight. Thankfully the wife can go to her office and the kids have daycare opening at 7am, so that helps out a lot. As for me though... :bigfrown:

Yeesh, what’s the point of a backlog if you can’t cover yourself in digital games to stay warm?!

I assume you mean 6 degrees and not 60.

Because if you are "cold" at 60...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

60 degF is cold for inside a house though?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

I keep mine at 56 during winter >.>

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular

I keep mine at 56 during winter >.>

Hotdamn... no wait. Colddamn. That's not warm for inside a house.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    60-62F is where I keep mine. If it gets to 70F I'm getting uncomfortable. And as long as the outside temperature is at least 30F or so, the window over my bed stays opened a couple inches all night.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Look, I was born in Soth Dakota and stayed in that freezing landscape for 12 years. Then we moved to Georgia where I stayed for almost 25 years before moving to Washington. My blood got super thinned from all the heat there. :razz:

Normally we keep it ~72-74 in the house during the winter. Even at that temperature, it still somehow makes the wife’s toes into icicles. She can’t take the cold at all.

It’s 57 degrees now. I’m layering clothes but still pretty cold. Plus no power means no phone charging and phone only internet (which I use carelessly on the forums). So give my crying a pass, k?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If it drops below 70 I put on a jacket because Southern California

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    At 56 degrees, I wear gym shorts, a t-shirt, slippers, and a robe >.>

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

As somebody from Southern California, you're a wussy.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular

Do hoodies count as jackets? Sub 70 is hoodie weather, above 80 is no clothes is too much clothes why is it so hot.

You can drop those temps by like 10 degrees for NorCal.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Read a book and save your phone battery for real emergencies

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I've lived in Washington and Oregon and that's it and I still keep the heat at 70 during the winter and am still cold. Right now I'm wearing a quilted flannel jacket and I'm under a blanket, and it's 68 degrees in here according to the thermostat.

But in summer we've got a portable AC unit that we set to as cold as possible, 60 degrees . . . and I'll still be wearing a jacket. And potentially under a blanket.

I don't retain heat.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Look, I was born in Soth Dakota and stayed in that freezing landscape for 12 years. Then we moved to Georgia where I stayed for almost 25 years before moving to Washington. My blood got super thinned from all the heat there. :razz:

Normally we keep it ~72-74 in the house during the winter. Even at that temperature, it still somehow makes the wife’s toes into icicles. She can’t take the cold at all.

It’s 57 degrees now. I’m layering clothes but still pretty cold. Plus no power means no phone charging and phone only internet (which I use carelessly on the forums). So give my crying a pass, k?

I went without power for a bit over 3 days two or three winters ago and it sucked. Lots of "recharge the tablet/phone in the car" time and "fuck I'm sick of PB sammiches." You have my sympathy.

Throwing away all the food from the freezer/fridge sucked too.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I was freezing at 71 degrees: Then I remembered I got my first COVID shot yesterday.

When I lived in Washinton DC, I was able to run in 50 degree weather in shorts and bike-ride to work in uniform in 32 degrees Fahrenheit as long as the roads were dry.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I read "Soth Dakota" as "Hoth Dakota," and now both Dakotas shall henceforth be known as "Hoth Dakota." :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Meh. I paid my dues in the Mojave Desert most of my life so if it makes me more comfortable to put on a light jacket now that I'm in an area that doesn't reach triple digits in summer and single in winter, that's what I'm gonna do.

• Options
    Iolo wrote: »
    I read "Soth Dakota" as "Hoth Dakota," and now both Dakotas shall henceforth be known as "Hoth Dakota." :)

Having lived in SD, I'd prefer Hoth...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Vermillion SD here. And as a 4-year in 1989, our winters were 100% spent stalling the Walkers so the Transports could get away. It was great!

TIL that the Steam thread is filled with monsters, but 50-60% are cold resistant or immune.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Having lived in SD, I'd prefer Hoth...

Living in MN, I think I prefer having snowplows and roads.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Anything above 60 without a strong wind is too warm for arm coverings.

• Options
    Vermillion SD here. And as a 4-year in 1989, our winters were 100% spent stalling the Walkers so the Transports could get away. It was great!

TIL that the Steam thread is filled with monsters, but 50-60% are cold resistant or immune.

I was in Custer, SD (just south of Rapid City) for maybe 5 years. Fuck that shit. Pretty area. Fuck that shit anyway.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I've lived in Washington and Oregon and that's it and I still keep the heat at 70 during the winter and am still cold. Right now I'm wearing a quilted flannel jacket and I'm under a blanket, and it's 68 degrees in here according to the thermostat.

But in summer we've got a portable AC unit that we set to as cold as possible, 60 degrees . . . and I'll still be wearing a jacket. And potentially under a blanket.

I don't retain heat.

Kalnaur is a lizard person.

Confirmed.

• Options
    CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    Bomber Crew is free to keep from Humble until January 17 at 10am Pacific time.

lfnhxlzzmclq.jpg

Steam: Calidaria
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Crossposting from the RE thread:

Here's hoping some of those RE games from the Capcom Financials Leak get announced after VILLage gets shown off.

Stoked on more VILLAGE stuff though, I wanna play it.

• Options
    Crossposting from the RE thread:

Here's hoping some of those RE games from the Capcom Financials Leak get announced after VILLage gets shown off.

Stoked on more VILLAGE stuff though, I wanna play it.

Twitter's hyping out about that giant woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT13ijUfSts

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

In the Amazons, maybe?

Then again, I live in Missouri. Being accustomed to a wide range of temperatures that might change faster than you can change your clothes is something you have to adapt to if you want to survive.

"It's 30 outside."

"Thought it was nippy, at least the wind isn't blowing."

"Want to go back to get a coat?"

"Na, it's suppose to warm up to around 60 later, I should be fine with this t-shirt."

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

I was in Custer, SD (just south of Rapid City) for maybe 5 years. Fuck that shit. Pretty area. Fuck that shit anyway.

Aw man, I was going to reply to your first post that I thought Custer was great when my family vacationed there a few years ago. Apparently it wears thin and a week in the summer was just right!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So @Orivon friended me at the start of the sale and I braced for impact and nothing happened but I knew it was coming. I -knew- it. Well today I just got Trine 3 and 4. The absolute monster. He's made The List.

Thanks Ori.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I don't retain heat.

Depends on the house too. Some houses(like mine) don't retain heat very well. Old house, crappy insulation job, etc. We replaced most of the windows a few years ago but it needs new basement windows, new front/back doors, and more insulation in the attic. Probably could use better insulation in the walls too but if I'm going to tear all the drywall out for that then HVAC is getting redone too.

• Options
    My favorite game of last year was Hades. I don’t need to sing it’s praises. It’s simply the best.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    Depends on the house too. Some houses(like mine) don't retain heat very well. Old house, crappy insulation job, etc. We replaced most of the windows a few years ago but it needs new basement windows, new front/back doors, and more insulation in the attic. Probably could use better insulation in the walls too but if I'm going to tear all the drywall out for that then HVAC is getting redone too.

I mean, it doesn't seem to matter all that much with me, though our first floor is totally colder than the upstairs. Regardless, I still need a jacket or a blanket or both wherever I am.
    Kalnaur is a lizard person.

Confirmed.

I've said too much.

• Options
    Many thanks to @Orivon for Yooka-Laylee! :heartbeat:
    I've been reading that name as Or-vee-on for the longest time, and I had a hell of a time typing the tag as a result.
    But you know who is always easy to tag?
    You know.
    Exactly. @Karoz.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    As a South Floridian, sub 70 is arctic tundra.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Lol about the temperature talk. Saying one can handle cold better than another is such a weird flex

That said, our house is 70-74 year round. I don't like it too hot and my wife doesn't like it too cold so it's a nice middle ground.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Lol about the temperature talk. Saying one can handle cold better than another is such a weird flex

That said, our house is 70-74 year round. I don't like it too hot and my wife doesn't like it too cold so it's a nice middle ground.

74? God, that's sweltering. I would only consider letting the house be that hot in the dead of summer.

In winter, 67 during the day is perfectly comfortable with long pants. If I want cozy times, that's what blankets are for. And sleeping at 65 under blankets is amazing.

Also, closing in on 100% of Fenyx and still having lots of fun. The story is good. And the combat has stayed very fun for me, even if the kind of fun changes. I've played on hard from the start, and things started out semi-dangerous, had to use parry and dodge a good bit. But now, with a combination of gear, potions, and levels; things are pretty hilariously un-dangerous. Start a fight with Bird, then do the charge, everything is now stunned. Then hammer as needed to cleanup whatever's left. It's glorious.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    65 under blankets would be miserable. In Texas, from April to October it never gets colder than 60.

• Options
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    That was disheartening... got to the final boss of One Step From Eden with tons of HP, two revivals, lots of shields, and still got stomped to oblivion.

wVEsyIc.png
This discussion has been closed.