As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    Do you like DoT Builds? Chaos or Chaos?

I did see cobra lash pathfinder up there. But I haven’t looked into it.

I did Cobra Lash leveling into pestilence strike replica alberon's pathfinder last league, it was pretty fun/easy.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Lol yeah I understand -- that's why I was asking. There appear to be weird exceptions!

That's a game changer. I'm wanting to do DI/ignite and try that side of the tree, but applying exposure through self casting scorching ray in addition to that would be terrible and clunky.

Ultimately I may just be better off going golem side, so I'll do some more PoB stuff with that for now.

easiest way could just be to get a cluster jewel with heraldry (every nearby enemy is exposured at -10%) for free aoe -35% shred no brane no pain

then use wave of conviction for bosses cos its -25 to make a round -50

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Also, most self cast builds aim for getting exposure through Wave of Conviction on a trigger wand.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Kinda inching towards a max-block Scion with Consecrated Path/CoC Firestorm, using Martyr of Innocence. The idea is to teleport-slam everywhere, throwing out free Battlemage-boosted Firestorms repeatedly.

Probably won't work nearly as well as I'm hoping, but it'll be hilarious either way.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    itll work believe in ur slamstorm

EDIT: a fun version of this would be to go inquisitor and use ngamahu axe, put cast on crit firestorm into the axe so the balls proc firestorm and put a separate coc setup into the slam, so u can double slam while u slam and have cocballs

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    I appreciate all of the feedback! I think I'm going to wind up going with the golem side of the tree (and shaper of flames of course), since I've never really done the lots of golem buffs thing and it seems like fun utility.

Or, more likely, change my mind completely while I'm dreaming tonight and have to start from scratch on a new build in the morning.

edited January 2021
    for an older version of a duration-based ngamahu cocballs build this shows some of the fun stuff with earthquake static etc + letting ngamahu carry the cocs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2lZ9dlq3Ys

(nice thing about ngamahu, 20 fire pen free, is cos it has the 50% phys to fire u can aof and turn brane off for maximum jolly)

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I'm going old school with a standard Arc Elementalist for this league.

I actually think Arc's usual problem of not having enough single target damage is not going to apply here because the Maven encounters are going to have 3+ bosses in them. Arc can chain back to the original target after the third chain, so I think it's actually going to be pretty good.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I want to go Raider, just because the new onslaught nodes now give a permanent 66% extra move speed. Thinking I'll go Phasing and try Brass Dome to combine with immunity to ailments?

No idea what skill to try, I heard Glacier Hammer was fun? Kinda bored of elemental attack builds, but what pairs well with attack and cast speed?

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    I want to go Raider, just because the new onslaught nodes now give a permanent 66% extra move speed. Thinking I'll go Phasing and try Brass Dome to combine with immunity to ailments?

No idea what skill to try, I heard Glacier Hammer was fun? Kinda bored of elemental attack builds, but what pairs well with attack and cast speed?

Attack speed?

Toxic Rain or Scourge Arrow, but the limited return on the Herald of Agony hurts a bit.

Cyclone, BladeStorm, Barrage, Spectral Throw?

jungleroomx on
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Hm, now that my internet and video card are better, it's tempting to do Oro's Flicker Strike again.

It was a lot of fun, except for the part where the game either completely lost track of me or turned into a slideshow depending on which network setting I had. I'll try it on one of my old characters and see if it works better than it did.

OTOH I have to hit 67 to actually play it and will likely get bored and start a Charged Dash or Herald/DB character before I get out of the ConPath/Sunder/Cyclone/WhateverLevelingAttack mines.

edited January 2021
    Anyone want to take a look and give me any tips on this self-cast Freezing Pulse CI occultist I've been toying around with?

It looks like it could be pretty solid, 500K Sirus DPS almost naked.

https://pastebin.com/aq2CHJ7n

Edit: Orb of Storms is actually Hydrosphere in this build, Hydrosphere isn't in PoB yet. So it has slightly more DPS than you're seeing here because the enemies will be drenched.

Spawnbroker on
    Carnarvon wrote: »

Attack speed?

Toxic Rain or Scourge Arrow, but the limited return on the Herald of Agony hurts a bit.

Cyclone, BladeStorm, Barrage, Spectral Throw?

Cyclone impale Raider shouldn't be that far out there. Onslaught and phasing (although I guess the phasing is less necessary for cyclone), and all the impale nodes aren't too far out of reach.

I finally spent some money on the game, bought the Deadly Renegade pack with the armor set. I still think the prices are nuts for everything in POE, but I've played enough of it that $60 doesn't seem unreasonable for the time I've put in, if not for what I get for it.

And I probably will enjoy the game more if I can hide my clown suits behind that set or the Darkwood set I grabbed with the points (along with converting my tabs and grabbing a currency tab, but let's be real hiding the clown suits matters more).

I toss GGG a few bucks every league just to show my appreciation. Judging by money spent alone, this is probably the most "expensive" game in my collection, but I've also got a few thousand hours in it, so throwing them some money every few months feels fair to me.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Bex just dropped a gigantic One More Thing

v4nsah7sheb61.png

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Aren't we able to use a single MTX on two weapons in EOTA?

If I put Orb of Storms in a Malachai's Artifice, but have Avatar of Fire, it would actually hurt an Ignite build, wouldn't it?

edited January 2021
    Brody wrote: »
    If I put Orb of Storms in a Malachai's Artifice, but have Avatar of Fire, it would actually hurt an Ignite build, wouldn't it?

I want to say you still proc EE?

Edit: Nope, nevermind. Yeah it'll just give them +fire. Looks like you need some sort of minion that hits.

jungleroomx on
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I have settled on RF/Scorching Ray Inquisitor as detailed by Pohx. I like having plenty of life, ES and regen of both and will have to hope I can cobble together "Damage taken as fire" affixes as well as relevant Timeless Jewels so I don't get stuck in yellow maps.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVTw1l0WXgc

Yeah I'm ready to start the league with scion cyclone elementalist divine ire gladiator bleed bow pathfinder pestilent hit pathfinder toxic rain

• MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Cross-play: I know desktop is completely separate from consoles; are Sony and Xbox also separate from each-other?

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    The time is nigh! Only two hours to find a fatal flaw in my build and scrap everything.

The time is nigh! Only two hours to find a fatal flaw in my build and scrap everything.

Wilson's Law: There is always a fatal flaw

theres never a fatal flaw

no build is beyond salvation

also i realise i forgot to mention about consecrated path coc: if u use infernal cry u can hook coc up to infernal cry, and that will trigger a separate coc setup for the 6 exerted attacks. this stacks with the coc on the main attack. if u have ngamahu that means u can trigger a 7link, 6link and (whatever fucked up elder/shaper/whatever link in boots gloves hat u can come up with) link coc per attack

this is the most coc, probably

obF2Wuw.png
    Queueueue is up by the way!

I think I'll just start with Ziz's crack lance build. I tend to like his guides, and I don't typically play Templar's, so it'll be a little interesting alternative.

Lol there is also a queueue for NeverSink, so hop in line!

Don't have to worry about queues if you don't get off work till 6 *taps temple*

6845 people ahead of me, I am calling the Hague.

edited January 2021

Don't have to worry about queues if you don't get off work till 6 *taps temple*

I think they updated the other day, so hopefully I got that fixed... *sweats*

edit: Its crazy that they are having to queue, even after updating their servers. He released an interesting video a little bit ago.

Brody on

Huh, kind of surprised the PoB community fork still doesn't have any kind of estimate for total minion single target dps, unless I'm missing it. It's always been the most requested thing.

Alright, I lied, I think I'm going self cast DD. I know that having builds to follow is half the reason I've ever beat the game, but at the same time there are too many and they all look so good.

my connection is being slow on download, never has human suffered like this

obF2Wuw.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    my connection is being slow on download, never has human suffered like this

I dunno, we gotta read your posts

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    degenerate PoE stream incoming

T minus 19 mins

J3qcnBP.png
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I didn't play Heist at all but want to play Ritual and have no idea what kind of build I want to play.

(She/Her)
    edited January 2021
    Queueueueue is moving, someone is already first to enter The Wetlands I guess.

Absalon on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I booted up the game early to get in the queue, then forgot to click login so I was like 50000+ lol
    Also I decided on Cold DoT Occultist, I still wasn't 100% sure on crackling lance, I'll wait for some opinions to shake out on that one

Also Filterblade is fucked for me, I'm stuck on my 3.12 filters D:

2k stilll... :(