As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    is being excited for hockey to be back worth watching the Pens and the Flyers though

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I cut the cord a few months ago. Now I’m working on how to watch the Lightning. I’m hoping I can watch a majority on NBCSN app

50433.png?1708759015
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I cut the cord a few months ago. Now I’m working on how to watch the Lightning. I’m hoping I can watch a majority on NBCSN app

if it's anything like other sports, if you can't watch live for whatever reason, you can watch it something like nine hours later

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Our Hulu Live TV sub ended today, so I grabbed a season pass for NHL.tv. Would be useless if I cared about the Stars, but since I only care about the Leafs (and other Canadian teams), I should avoid blackouts until the playoffs.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Ladies, Gentlemen, and anyone who prefers different labels, I give you the new Captain of the Detroit Red Wings

https://youtu.be/ZGx479Zhgik

that's just good hockey fundamentals

or something

• MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    A Bertuzzi carrying on the legacy of the name.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    The new captain is the guy holding the opponent down while Bertuzzi sucker punches him, but yeah

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Little known rule, but the NHL said that, because of Claude Lemieux, the Red Wings can take as many cheap shots as they want against the Avalanche.

• Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    As a Canucks fan, I know only too well that sucker punching is an unfortunate genetic trait in that family.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    LeTwig wrote: »
    Just opened up Hulu to check on game coverage only to see that Fox Sports Detroit is no longer there. Seems the only way to stream local games now is to subscribe to AT&T's streaming service for $80/month or nhl.com and a vpn. Why are we moving backwards in 2021.

No idea. It is so difficult to watch hockey legally it's insane.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Little known rule, but the NHL said that, because of Claude Lemieux, the Red Wings can take as many cheap shots as they want against the Avalanche.

God I watched the March 26, 1997 game again recently and McCarty/Lemieux wasn't so much a fight as an assault. Jumped him, threw him to the ground, ripped off his helmet, and just pounded him. And McCarty only got a two minute minor for roughing because I guess the refs felt he was justified.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Myiagros wrote: »

And, in case anyone thinks it's just a joke, that is Todd Bertuzzi's nephew.

:so_raven:
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Just opened up Hulu to check on game coverage only to see that Fox Sports Detroit is no longer there. Seems the only way to stream local games now is to subscribe to AT&T's streaming service for $80/month or nhl.com and a vpn. Why are we moving backwards in 2021.

No idea. It is so difficult to watch hockey legally it's insane.

Yeah, I felt $30 a month was a bit much, so I decided to look at Hulu Live or w/e, since we already have hulu, and I ain't paying $60 dollars a month for tv.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Corvus wrote: »
    Myiagros wrote: »

And, in case anyone thinks it's just a joke, that is Todd Bertuzzi's nephew.

:D I was actually joking thinking they weren't related.

Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular

Not the *only* way to stream it, I don't think...

• LeTwigLeTwig Registered User regular
    Yeah, but I'm old and prefer to pay people whenever possible. I just renewed my VPN and got the NHLtv subscription. Cancelling Hulu live TV saves me $50/month anyway. It's just more hassle than I wanted.

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Someone you forgot was still in the NHL, on a team you forgot he signed on as a free agent, has scored the first nhl goal of the year.

Congrats, Mark Jankowski

Burtletoy on
    There is going to be so much "that guy plays for that team now"? this season.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Cros continues to be real good

• SaarSaar Registered User regular
    That was just an idiotic play by Hart.

chromdom wrote: »

Which one is Cros?

Also, at this point I think I may have watched more games w/o an audience, its going to feel weird when they come back.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Brody wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »

Which one is Cros?

Also, at this point I think I may have watched more games w/o an audience, its going to feel weird when they come back.

Crosby presumably

Pens # 87

Man, I have such a hard time keeping track of player names.

Brody wrote: »
    Man, I have such a hard time keeping track of player names.

if it makes you feel better it brings me great joy to have someone ask who Crosby is

he's the player you love because you're a Penguins fan or hate because you're not

PointsBet with the Avs as the favorite to win the Cup

• JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Avs are getting an insane amount of hype from all over the place. It both pleases and worries me. Expectations, man.

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    So I just found out that the playoffs for this season are going to reseed the last 4 teams.

I kinda hope that they bring that back for the regular playoffs. Give us some crazy East vs. East or West vs West Stanley Cup Finals

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    well that fell apart quickly

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I want a NHLTV sub that lets you exchange a blackout team for a non-blackout team once a month/week/whatever. Let me watch what I want while you say you're still meeting the terms of the agreement.

Also do you have your whole household on VPN or just specific devices?

I may spring for the NHLTV sub this season just to watch more of the Canadian division from here in Philly

I missed the majority of the second period last night because my NHL app decided that when I signed in on my phone that it was not kosher, it then locked out the app on my TV. They have some really stupid procedures if they consider two logins on two devices within 5 minutes of each other to not be legit. After 45 minutes of resetting passwords I was finally able to get back on.

• tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    https://www.theringer.com/2021/1/13/22227278/nhl-canadian-teams-north-division-maple-leafs-senators-jets

Article points out something that I hadn't really considered with the new divisions. Because the first two playoff rounds are intra-division, its basically a gift to the Canadian teams because one of them is guaranteed to make the semi's. I also enjoyed the writing itself.
    Last season, these seven teams finished 12th, 14th, 15th, 19th, 20th, 24th, and 30th in the league in points percentage. And now they’re in their own division and are guaranteed four playoff berths. Meanwhile, realignment dumped the poor Buffalo Sabres in the East division, which now features four of the Eastern Conference’s top five teams from last season. The Sabres are going to get absolutely keelhauled in that division, but if they rowed across the Niagara River under cover of darkness and showed up in Ontario eating all-dressed potato chips and chucking the letter U around willy-nilly, they’d be a near-lock for the playoffs.

The run downs of the various Canadian team's woes are pretty great too.
    ...But owner Eugene Melnyk operates the team in such a way that combines the implacable bargain basement hopelessness of the Pittsburgh Pirates with the embarrassing, meddling ownership of the New York Knicks.

Might be the most accurate thing written about hockey all season.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png

Want to feel old? Look at Peter Forsberg

LET'S GO RANGERS

CLAP CLAP (*picture of DeAngelo* NOT YOU) CLAPCLAPCLAP

this is not going well

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »
    Want to feel old? Look at Peter Forsberg

Yeah, that’s what I expect an aging Swede to look like. Checks out.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Silver fox

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I can't link to the tweet for some reason so you get a screenshot.
    kpvgu8uqi42w.png

to be fair it was clearly never going to be called a goal anyway

This discussion has been closed.