As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Betsuni My Walmart has had Blaster. Want me to check when we go get groceries this weekend?

Thank you for the offer. I can order him online, just haven't yet. The problems I had were with trying to buy him for pick up in store.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Oops I bought this
    483vcjcyl03l.jpg

Oops I bought this
    483vcjcyl03l.jpg

That is a weird looking Funko Pop.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Soon I will be buying more dolls. Soon.

All of these dolls are on the 'discontinued soon' list, and I know for sure I'm buying the redhead, but I'd love to buy the other two as well, except I haven't been paid yet, and even when I am I can't afford three dolls at once.

wxiwflx7sy5q.jpg
    0c1x1jse7l54.jpg
    dg2fs6n3v7up.jpg

I just hope they stay in stock for a bit yet.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    If anyone happens to come across the Target exclusive GI Joe Cobra Island Firefly or Viper, please snag them for me. I will absolutely pay you for your time.

I highly doubt it, but figured I throw it out there.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    I'll keep an eye out, I stop by looking for the Target Starscream Pop now and then. It's the last Transformers pop I need. I got Jetfire the other day, tempted to display them OoB.

So the newest Transformers Masterpiece got announced today. Thundercracker.

Like usual it is Starscream but in blue of course. I had to get him since I already pre-ordered Starscream so need the original Seeker trio. Just need to wait for Skywarp to replace the older version I have.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    If you're getting rid of your older MPs lemme know, Betsuni. I have the original Starscream (from Wal-Mart like almost 17 years ago), Thundercracker, and one of the Coneheads, but would like more and wouldn't mind a double of Screamer so I could show off both modes.

Heffling wrote: »
    If you're getting rid of your older MPs lemme know, Betsuni. I have the original Starscream (from Wal-Mart like almost 17 years ago), Thundercracker, and one of the Coneheads, but would like more and wouldn't mind a double of Screamer so I could show off both modes.

Sadly the only one of the original Seekers I have is Skywarp (the one off of the newer version). I do have the coneheads and a duplicate of Ramjet since I picked up a fixer that BBTS was dumping and I already knew how to fix him. Will let you know if I clear space for the newer coneheads.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I pre-ordered toys for the first time today. I was worried I'd never get the second wave of the Masters of the Universe Origins line and Orko was one of my childhood favorites so I couldn't miss the set. Now to hope BBTS comes through.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I pre-ordered toys for the first time today. I was worried I'd never get the second wave of the Masters of the Universe Origins line and Orko was one of my childhood favorites so I couldn't miss the set. Now to hope BBTS comes through.

Sometimes they take a bit longer to get something in stock, but I have never had BBTS not come through

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I haven't thought about MotU in forever. It JUST occurred to me that the classic Final Fantasy black mage was inspired by Orko.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Got my Thrust today, and preordered Sandstorm via BBTS. Now I’m looking at just missing the two pack from Amazon for the set,

Nobody wrote: »
    Got my Thrust today, and preordered Sandstorm via BBTS. Now I’m looking at just missing the two pack from Amazon for the set,

Considering that the 2 pack of Thundercracker and Skywarp are showing up online from various sites I am assuming that the rumor that Hasbro is going to release the exclusives to other sites a year later is true. If so that means the Ramjet and Dirge set will show up in a while.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: »

Considering that the 2 pack of Thundercracker and Skywarp are showing up online from various sites I am assuming that the rumor that Hasbro is going to release the exclusives to other sites a year later is true. If so that means the Ramjet and Dirge set will show up in a while.

Haven’t seen the tetrajet Thundercracker set Amazon had yet, but that doesn’t mean anything I think.

edited January 2021

Haven’t seen the tetrajet Thundercracker set Amazon had yet, but that doesn’t mean anything I think.

Ohhh, you mean the Skywarp one? Right? Wonder if they are only going back so far.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png

Ohhh, you mean the Skywarp one? Right? Wonder if they are only going back so far.

Apparently it's shown up in the Takary Tomy Mall (which is Japan exclusive) as of January, but nothing yet anywhere else. Currently best bet seems to be ebay for around $110.

Holy cow... That... Wow. At that price I'd buy a Netflix Hotlink and call it Skywarp.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Holy cow... That... Wow. At that price I'd buy a Netflix Hotlink and call it Skywarp.

Oh I've already got Hotlink, and he's on the shelf with the other Tetra-seekers now.

Still, the original Skywarp is gonna be the one that got away.

In further news, cracked open Thrust and so far I like him. He has always looked like a stealth GI Joe/Transformers crossover and the aesthetic was maintained (seriously, his jet mode looks like something you’d see Cobra fly into battle).

edited January 2021
    @Heffling I managed to get a G1 Blaster sent to me from Walmart's website so now I am good. Never had Blaster before so popped him out of the box and discovered he really has a simple transformation. Seriously simple. I haven't had time to toss in a cassette to see if it fits, but man this is too funny to me. I found it odd that they put the stickers on at the factory this time instead of like the other releases where they let you put some of them on. I still haven't put Soundwave's stickers on since I can't decide if I want to put the "speakers" stickers on there or where they are supposed to be which is on the weapons to make them look like batteries.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    My pre-order is showing it shipped early. =)
    5g9kse58be0a.png

Is that a haunted dumpster fire?

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    It glows in the dark, so as haunted as anything can be? Kind of jealous my brother snagged the one with a tiny face mask a while ago.

I don't know what it is.

It's a vinyl figure of a dumpster fire. It sold very well because *2020*

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I did not win the lottery to be able to purchase Lina Inverse, unfortunately. In retrospect it's probably for the best since I haven't received a full two-week salary at my new job yet. Still hoping that the discontinued-soon doll(s) that I want stay up a bit longer so I can purchase them.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I did not win the lottery to be able to purchase Lina Inverse, unfortunately. In retrospect it's probably for the best since I haven't received a full two-week salary at my new job yet. Still hoping that the discontinued-soon doll(s) that I want stay up a bit longer so I can purchase them.

Aw, that sucks. Hopefully that means you'll have money for a better doll you want later on.

oosik_betsuni.png
    GameStop has Gigawatt for 21 bucks. I didn't pull the trigger because 6 dollar shipping and it wouldn't let me use a 5 dollar certificate on it either :mad:

edited January 2021
    Managed to find Warpath in the wild.

He’s larger than I expected, but they’ve been really weird about scaling with the little G1 transformers.

Nobody on

He’s larger than I expected, but they’ve been really weird about scaling with the little G1 transformers.

How much bigger than the other minibots is he? I foolishly thought he is the same size as Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Beachcomber, and Seaspray.

oosik_betsuni.png

How much bigger than the other minibots is he? I foolishly thought he is the same size as Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Beachcomber, and Seaspray.

The packaging is definitely larger, I’m going to break him out tomorrow and compare to Seaspray

edited January 2021
    Having opened him up...Warpath is a bit larger than Seaspray. Not like a whole size tier, but definitely scaled larger. When I’m on my desktop tonight I’ll be able to resize the photos for comparison.

And ugh is he fiddly to transform. There are 28 steps and I think 20 of them have to do with the legs. His robot and tank modes do look good though, basically scaled up version of his G1 version

Important note too: he has a shield that’s on the back of the card he’s attached to. I almost missed it because I didn’t see any mention of it until the last transformation step where they tell you to connect it to the bottom.

EDIT: after having compared the two in photos, Seaspray is noticeably smaller. He was a Legends class and Warpath is somewhat small Deluxe.

Nobody on
    Interesting. Since Warpath is a deluxe it makes sense he would be a bit bigger than the legends sizes (I finally remembered the different sizes). The transformation sounds interesting and can't wait to see it. Mine is sitting at Big Bad Toy Store in a Pile of Loot waiting for me to hit ship on it. Was hoping for one or two more toys before I shipped.

oosik_betsuni.png
    As promised:
    5xbq4hur0ssq.jpeg
    56lvw2ayk5b6.jpeg

I'm leaving poor Powerglide out since the last version of him is tiny

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Keep and mind guys like Bee, Cliffjumper and Huffer have got (or will get) deluxe sized toys. Though they are super small deluxes.

Undead Scottsman on
    Oooh he looks really cool! I love it! Thanks for the photos. Sort of bums me out that he's not the same size as the Legends, but he sort of fits.

Also you reminded me that I really hope for a bigger Powerglide to go with these newer toys.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I'm personally hoping they hit some of the others. Not only Powerglide, Cosmos and Seaspray could also use new figures in Deluxe size.

So opinion time:

Going through my backlog of unopened Transformers I have the Walmart G1 Astrotrain rerelease and POTP Rodimus Unicronus still in box. Should I open them or display in box?

(I also have Gigawatt and Ectotron but feel that those should remain unopened?)

So opinion time:

Going through my backlog of unopened Transformers I have the Walmart G1 Astrotrain rerelease and POTP Rodimus Unicronus still in box. Should I open them or display in box?

(I also have Gigawatt and Ectotron but feel that those should remain unopened?)

I have 2 of Astrotrain because I always wanted him as a toy but never got one. So one came out to play with and the other is for display (which ended up in the closet, so probably should have just not bought a second). I bought a second Gigawatt since I loved the box so much. Ectotron is left in the box as well since it is also a neat box. I do like the idea that I saw later one where someone just sliced open the box and made it so you can put them back in as a display so you have the best of both worlds. I also worry that Gigawatt's yellow number row on the time machine gets scraped off after a while of transforming so I am glad I have two to not worry about that now.
    Keep and mind guys like Bee, Cliffjumper and Huffer have got (or will get) deluxe sized toys. Though they are super small deluxes.
    I'm personally hoping they hit some of the others. Not only Powerglide, Cosmos and Seaspray could also use new figures in Deluxe size.

Yeah, they'll probably make Deluxe sized Powerglide, Cosmos and Seaspray since @Undead Scottsman mentioned they are already made Deluxe resizes for a few. Guess I'm lucky in that I missed out on some of these smaller bots.

oosik_betsuni.png