As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playstation 5] Out Now! Happy Hunting.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Dang. I appreciate the suggestion but I don't think I have it in me to play another open world game by Rockstar. Wasn't there a game that people suggested using headphones for? Hellblade or something?

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Dang. I appreciate the suggestion but I don't think I have it in me to play another open world game by Rockstar. Wasn't there a game that people suggested using headphones for? Hellblade or something?

Oh, yeah, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice has excellent sound design and wearing headphones is recommended for the optimum experience.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

Oh, yeah, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice has excellent sound design and wearing headphones is recommended for the optimum experience.

Do you think it'd work with 5.1 or should I not try? Sorry for the questions. I just really want to be blown away (currently playing Avengers and it's not very different).

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Do you think it'd work with 5.1 or should I not try? Sorry for the questions. I just really want to be blown away (currently playing Avengers and it's not very different).

Hellblade will be better with headphones. Try something like Battlefield V for a really good surround sound game.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod

I played it with 5.1 and it was great, even if headphones are supposed to be better.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Ended up starting up Ghost of Tsushima since I felt like the Avengers game was hot garbage (okay not that bad but I wasn't having any fun). Holy shit. The game looks and sounds amazing. Works great with my surround sound speakers.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I'm nearly at the end of Ghost of Tsushima myself and yeah, it's super pretty and has awesome sound design.

Just a heads up that if you wanted to get any of the bonus costumes for Legends Mode (as per the below tweet) you've got about 4 days left to do it - Legends mode has no story spoilers (though may have some abilities you haven't unlocked yet in the main game if you've just started).

I've just been playing Legends solo and it took maybe 20 minutes to unlock the first costume, 3 hours or so to get the second and I'm not sure I'll get either of the other two - you start off unlocking one class, and unlock more options as you level so if there's one costume you really want pick that first.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    So, that was weird.

I was in the middle of the final boss fight in Ghost of Tsushima NG+ when I got an error saying my PS5 was having difficulty reading the disc and made me close the game. I thought once a game was installed the disc was only used to confirm it was a legal copy at start, but I guess not.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Yeah, I didn't ultimately care for RDD2, but that game was gorgeous and sounded fantastic in 5.1.

Red Dead Demption?

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    cckerberos wrote: »
    So, that was weird.

I was in the middle of the final boss fight in Ghost of Tsushima NG+ when I got an error saying my PS5 was having difficulty reading the disc and made me close the game. I thought once a game was installed the disc was only used to confirm it was a legal copy at start, but I guess not.

I've noticed the disc drive spinning up at random. I wonder if it does periodic license checks? Not sure what the point would be, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    So, that was weird.

I've noticed the disc drive spinning up at random. I wonder if it does periodic license checks? Not sure what the point would be, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

Yeah I think it does. Even if you aren't even playing the game that's in the disc drive. Which is annoying because the drive is super loud for me for some reason.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    So, that was weird.

Yeah I think it does. Even if you aren't even playing the game that's in the disc drive. Which is annoying because the drive is super loud for me for some reason.

It's loud for everyone, its completely lacking proper padding and feels like an afterthought in design.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    Yeah, I didn't ultimately care for RDD2, but that game was gorgeous and sounded fantastic in 5.1.

Red Dead Demption?

Yeah, it's a prequel

They didn't get to redemption chronologically until the first game

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Makes sense, how can you redemption if you never demptioned to start with

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    A duck! wrote: »

Red Dead Demption?

Sorry, I meant DDR2.

Dance Dance Redemption 2.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Just want to pop in and say I'm really enjoying Ghost of Tsushima. It's so pretty, and I'm liking the story way more than I thought I would. I do wish there was an armor quick-switch, because I like to change it up frequently. Traveler's clothes for wandering the map and doing side objectives, Ronin for stealth, and one of the heavier armors for straight up combat. I think the Sakai armor is my overall favorite, since I can do a 5-chain standoff and wipe out entire encounters without actual combat.

Two annoying bugs that it's weird they haven't fixed:
    -Fast traveling sometimes resets all my ammo counts to the maximums from before I upgraded my capacities.
    -The traveler's clothes artifact detection detects Sashimono banners that are being worn by NPCs. That one is really strange.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I started Spider-Man Remastered yesterday. I had originally started with Demon's Souls when I got my PS5, and that game is very good, but I needed a break from chewing glass for a while and to play a more chill game. Holy crap Spider-Man is good.

I bought it and still own it on PS4 back in the day, but I really didn't ever play it. I did like the Wilson Fisk tutorial mission and then never played again for whatever reason. Now, I'm actually getting into it on the PS5 version and man. I am realizing what I missed out on by not progressing more on the original version. This game is amazing.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Just want to pop in and say I'm really enjoying Ghost of Tsushima. It's so pretty, and I'm liking the story way more than I thought I would. I do wish there was an armor quick-switch, because I like to change it up frequently. Traveler's clothes for wandering the map and doing side objectives, Ronin for stealth, and one of the heavier armors for straight up combat. I think the Sakai armor is my overall favorite, since I can do a 5-chain standoff and wipe out entire encounters without actual combat.

Two annoying bugs that it's weird they haven't fixed:
    -Fast traveling sometimes resets all my ammo counts to the maximums from before I upgraded my capacities.
    -The traveler's clothes artifact detection detects Sashimono banners that are being worn by NPCs. That one is really strange.

I just finished it the other day and I agree, although I mostly stuck with Ronin armor. The one real complaint I have is no real 'agency' in the story, if that's the right word. I found myself really wishing they gave you the option to stick to the samurai code, especially at
    The battle that drives the split between you and uncle. I've killed hundreds if not more mongols in melee combat, what's a few more? Nope, straight to poison, no choice. And again at the very end, I even tried just letting
    big spoiler!
    Uncle kill me instead of fighting him but no, you can't just accept his judgement.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I didn't open that spoiler since I'm mid Act 2.

I think it's probably good that I don't have a Samurai/Ghost bar I have to manage. It would definitely make me play all one way or the other. I still can't tell if there's a hidden one, or if the game is tracking what I do in some other way, but I'm not going to worry about it. The fact that you have to go Ghost for several missions makes me think/hope they won't do a "you played the evil way, you get the bad ending" trap near the end of the game.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I didn't open that spoiler since I'm mid Act 2.

I think it's probably good that I don't have a Samurai/Ghost bar I have to manage. It would definitely make me play all one way or the other. I still can't tell if there's a hidden one, or if the game is tracking what I do in some other way, but I'm not going to worry about it. The fact that you have to go Ghost for several missions makes me think/hope they won't do a "you played the evil way, you get the bad ending" trap near the end of the game.

There's no hidden bar, play how you want.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I’m going to sue Sony.

I was playing Demon’s Souls on my PS5 when my nose started bleeding.

Thanks to Sony making the PS5 a pure off-white color, my PS5 absorbed the blood.

And of course demons

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »
    I’m going to sue Sony.

Thanks to Sony making the PS5 a pure off-white color, my PS5 absorbed the blood.

And of course demons

The Ps5 runs on blood. Didn't they tell you that during setup? Just make sure to drink an apple juice or whatever after long play sessions.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    I’m going to sue Sony.

And of course demons

The Ps5 runs on blood. Didn't they tell you that during setup? Just make sure to drink an apple juice or whatever after long play sessions.

Does it take Sinner's Lite? Or is it Blood of Innocents only?

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    (Still playing Spider-Man Remastered)

I had a big geek-out moment last night, you guys. Found my way to the Hell's Kitchen map sector. Scanned the police towers and then started working on the landmarks in that area.
    Alias Investigations!
    Josie's Bar!
    Fogwell's Gym!

There doesn't seem to be a Franklin and Murdock Attorneys at Law. Seems like a missed opportunity for that one.

Now I need a Jessica Jones / Daredevil game set in Hell's Kitchen.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I had a big geek-out moment last night, you guys. Found my way to the Hell's Kitchen map sector. Scanned the police towers and then started working on the landmarks in that area.
    Alias Investigations!
    Josie's Bar!
    Fogwell's Gym!

There doesn't seem to be a Franklin and Murdock Attorneys at Law. Seems like a missed opportunity for that one.

There is a reference elsewhere, but I don't think the office is there.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Alias Investigations!
    Josie's Bar!
    Fogwell's Gym!

There is a reference elsewhere, but I don't think the office is there.

Yeah you find a business card given to you by a blind attorney saying he'd represent spider-man if needed and Peter is like, wait, how'd he know I was Spider-Man?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Speaking of Spider-Man, my PS5 crashed for the first time last night while in the middle of a Screwball mission (as an aside, can I just say I hate that fucking character? She is so incredibly grating to listen to and her stupid ass comes back for ALL THREE DLC CAMPAIGNS AAAAGGHGHGHGH). Camera started spinning as if the right control stick was stuck, and the PS5 would not respond to any inputs - even the PS button did nothing. Only option was to hold down the power button until the PS5 powered off. Started back up and it did the repair database thing. Thankfully doesn't appear to be any lasting damage, although I did lose some Spider-Man progress.

I eventually got back to the same mission and was able to clear it without the PS5 locking up, but the framerate got awfully choppy during the mission which was strange.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Speaking of Spider-Man, my PS5 crashed for the first time last night while in the middle of a Screwball mission (as an aside, can I just say I hate that fucking character? She is so incredibly grating to listen to and her stupid ass comes back for ALL THREE DLC CAMPAIGNS AAAAGGHGHGHGH). Camera started spinning as if the right control stick was stuck, and the PS5 would not respond to any inputs - even the PS button did nothing. Only option was to hold down the power button until the PS5 powered off. Started back up and it did the repair database thing. Thankfully doesn't appear to be any lasting damage, although I did lose some Spider-Man progress.

I eventually got back to the same mission and was able to clear it without the PS5 locking up, but the framerate got awfully choppy during the mission which was strange.
    Huh. I did all of those missions without a hitch, frame rate or otherwise. My girlfriend walked by while I was doing one and she remarked “Ugh. I don’t know this woman, but I already hate her.” :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I’m going to sue Sony.

And of course demons

Does it take Sinner's Lite? Or is it Blood of Innocents only?

Just blood is fine.
    https://youtu.be/5KO2IjWI9fA
    Gamers have a lot of blood, Costanza! You know, if my console wanted a bunch of blood to do 4K raytracing, ya know what I'd do? I'd give it the blood!

• Options
    And now Miles Morales froze on me. At least this time I was able to use the PS button still and try to close the game... which crashed the PS5 and I had to reboot. I really hope this is just Spider-Man bugs and not a PS5 problem.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    And now Miles Morales froze on me. At least this time I was able to use the PS button still and try to close the game... which crashed the PS5 and I had to reboot. I really hope this is just Spider-Man bugs and not a PS5 problem.
    I've had crashes in both Spiders-Men and Cyberpunk. The latter I'm sure is it's own fault, and I'm pretty sure about the SM games.
    But playing through Astro and God of War have been perfectly stable, so I doubt it's the console.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    On the hardware side: I think my right trigger is busted

It gives less resistance than the left one, even when switched off, and it's more sensitive, leading to Eivor sometimes doing a heavy attack in Valhalla when my finger is just resting on the trigger

I thought it might just be another Valhalla bug, but I went into the controller demo in Astro's Playroom and I can see the difference there too

Plus there's something rattling around inside the controller on the right hand side

Just got off the phone with tech support, and I need to package the controller up and send it out for replacement, which can take up to 21 days - almost long enough to make me consider buying another controller for the interim

• Options
    Yeah I'd probably have an extra available just in case, personally. As much as I like the resistant triggers I had to turn them off in BL3 because it was distracting when you are trying to shotgun spam.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    The resistance for rev on Nero in dmc5 was ass so I turned it off. Very clumsy implementation that made it harder not easier.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Me yesterday: Boy, I sure have been productive by destroying all these old cardboard boxes and sending them off for recycling

Tech support today: OK, please box up your controller and send it to us

:rotate:

But wait - if I buy another controller, I can send it off in that box!

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Don't know how useful this info is, but I've played several games and haven't had too many issues. Nothing unplayable, and some games never had an issue.

In particular, had problems with:
    Maneater -- ps5 game, occasionally mid/late-game has a memory? issue causing choppiness and needing a restart; also would sit on load when fast traveling once or twice. Neither affected save progress.
    Ancestors -- ps4, can't really remember anything in particular but pretty sure it just flat crashed once or twice; no gameplay issues.
    Bloodstained -- ps4, didn't like rapidly changing rooms over and over while farming money, got a few crashes there. Otherwise stable
    Days Gone -- ps4, weird glitches and load in sometimes; maybe 3 or 4 over the whole game, load in stuff required restart

Zero issues with 9 other games
    Astro, Bugsnax, Gravity Rush 2, Ratchet & Clank, AI The Somnium Files, Destiny 2, SnowRunner, Zanki Zero

• Options
    Me yesterday: Boy, I sure have been productive by destroying all these old cardboard boxes and sending them off for recycling

Tech support today: OK, please box up your controller and send it to us

:rotate:

But wait - if I buy another controller, I can send it off in that box!

A marvellous plan, Past Me - if only you'd not bought a load of other stuff at the same time which will increase the size of the delivery box you actually fucking need, ya dingus

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    So um does anyone have Demon's Souls and wouldn't mind helping me get to Pure White World Tendency in a few areas?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Maneater -- ps5 game, occasionally mid/late-game has a memory? issue causing choppiness and needing a restart; also would sit on load when fast traveling once or twice. Neither affected save progress.

The PS4 version is apparently a real mess and some of that has carried over to the PS5 upgrade.

cckerberos.png