As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Lego] Thread

• pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    pezgen wrote: »
    Yeah, it seems the botanical collection was a big hit. I was waiting on mine until I heard about a new contract at work, but now it seems I might not even be able to get one of that happens. Glad they’re popular, but I want them!

I saw them at Target and realized I really, REALLY shouldn't pass on getting the one I wanted.

I wish I had your foresight. And your bonsai tree.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    @timspork's ghost @Athenor @Betsuni and whoever else is up, Ninjago City Gardens is out, go go go!

Oh brilliant
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I woke up this morning and got it ordered!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Same! I didn't get the spring lantern festival, but that's okay!

Also, remember that ice skating rink I talked about maybe getting for mom last month? Yeah, this purchase qualified and it seems they still have some!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Same! I didn't get the spring lantern festival, but that's okay!

Also, remember that ice skating rink I talked about maybe getting for mom last month? Yeah, this purchase qualified and it seems they still have some!

Awesome! Glad you got that and the ice rink!
    I woke up this morning and got it ordered!

Cool!
    timspork's ghost Athenor Betsuni and whoever else is up, Ninjago City Gardens is out, go go go!

Thank you for the ping. I am going to be good and pass on it since I need the space for other 2021 sets. Hahahahaha.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Yay! Ninjago City Gardens acquired!

oh h*ck
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioPmKoIlCEM

these are always kinda neat

although I wonder how long this process takes

like it seems like good old fashioned stop motion

so someone has to place a brick, retreat out of frame, take a photo, and then put down another brick

which has gotta inflate the build times on sets this big by a lot!

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Just put the camera on at 1fps and remove your hands from the frame after every brick. Then edit out all the frames that show your hands with post-processing software. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a tool to run in After Effects that can do this semi-automatically. Still takes extra time, dedication and familiarity with film-making, but I can kind of see how it'd work. This guy though, he makes it look easy, I'm well impressed.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    You know what? That's the first build video in a long time I haven't watched for a set i'm anticipating.

I want to be surprised by its build.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioPmKoIlCEM

these are always kinda neat

although I wonder how long this process takes

like it seems like good old fashioned stop motion

so someone has to place a brick, retreat out of frame, take a photo, and then put down another brick

which has gotta inflate the build times on sets this big by a lot!

Aw dangit, just watched this and now I'm even more intrigued by this set. It really isn't that huge... Guess it'll go on my watchlist and maybe eventually picked up.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    You know what? That's the first build video in a long time I haven't watched for a set i'm anticipating.

I want to be surprised by its build.

Yeah I've actually tried to not watch any reviews or detailed photos.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Starting bag 10 of 26. It's amazing!

And whose ready for an $800 UCS AT-AT?

oh h*ck
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    And whose ready for an $800 UCS AT-AT?

If someone handed me like $20,000 and said I could only spend it on Lego, I think it's amazing how quick and easy it would be to come up with a $20k shopping list.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Really liking the Razorcrest model and I'm kiiiiinda considering spending some of the extra cash from doing constant overtime over the past couple weeks on a lighting kit. Lightmybricks seems to be popular, but a lot of people seem to think they're overpriced and not worth the premium and they like other brands. Thoughts? Ease of Installation is a big factor to me, if that comes into it.

also I'm looking at listings of the the bigass collector's edition Slave-1 on ebay and oh no I do think I might be in a rabbithole

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Really liking the Razorcrest model and I'm kiiiiinda considering spending some of the extra cash from doing constant overtime over the past couple weeks on a lighting kit. Lightmybricks seems to be popular, but a lot of people seem to think they're overpriced and not worth the premium and they like other brands. Thoughts? Ease of Installation is a big factor to me, if that comes into it.

also I'm looking at listings of the the bigass collector's edition Slave-1 on ebay and oh no I do think I might be in a rabbithole

I'd be curious to hear your experience if you go for it. I'm tempted too.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I haven't looked at other kits, but Light My Bricks do seem slightly pricey but have real good instructions on their site for every kit. I'd check any kit you plan on buying (from wherever) for that.

This is in general, not Razorcrest specific.

Tomanta on

Stay strong. The rumors are that a Slave 1 might be coming out this year. It probably won't be a UCS one, but still a Slave 1.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    That said, the giant CE Slave 1 sitting on my shelf is absolutely the pride and joy of my collection.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I need an UCS Xwing and BWing to round out my fleet.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I'd totally buy a UCS AT-AT. I've got the Star Destroyer on my desk now and the Falcon ready to be built once I figure out a home for it.

Betsuni wrote: »

Stay strong. The rumors are that a Slave 1 might be coming out this year. It probably won't be a UCS one, but still a Slave 1.

The rumor mill is that we will get a Slave 1 this year. It's going to be in the smaller, more playable scale like the newest X-Wing and TIE Fighter.

oh h*ck
    Betsuni wrote: »

The rumor mill is that we will get a Slave 1 this year. It's going to be in the smaller, more playable scale like the newest X-Wing and TIE Fighter.

Ahhh, that would make sense. Then poor @Raiden333 is going to still be tempted to buy the big one from eBay. lol

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited January 2021
    I should list the rumored 2021 sets:

UCS R2-D2 75308 $199.99
    UCS Republic Gunship 75309 $349.99
    Mandalore Throne Room (Fight between Maul and Ahsoka) 75310 $19.99
    Imperial Troop Transport (Greef Karga ((Carl Weathers, who also directed a few episodes of the Mandalorian and still looks amazing)), two stormtroopers, and a rumored mortar trooper) 75311 $39.99
    Slave I 75312 $49.99
    UCS AT-AT 75313 $799.99
    Bad Batch Shuttle (rumored to have all 5 members ((Hunter, Wrecker, Crosshair, Tech, Echo)) ) 75314 $99.99
    Moff Gideon's Cruiser (I think someone from The Lego Group snoops in here and saw my post about wanting this) 75315 $159.99
    Mandalorian Fighter (Bo Katan, Gar Saxon, 1 random Mandalorian fighter) 75316 $59.99
    Darth Vader's Meditation Chamber 75369 UNK

Prices may change

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
    I love how the $799.99 one went from Death Star to AT-AT. With everyone's luck it'll be a playset like the Cantina since people were hoping for the Shuttle. I would love it to be an AT-AT, but it makes no sense to me when they have the current one out right now.

Fake Edit: Maybe an Echo Base playset?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Man I should have gotten one of those flower sets before they sold out.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    At $800 that AT-AT better be perfectly 1 to 1 in scale with the minifigures. Also possibly come with a snowspeeder to crush.

webguy20 wrote: »
    Man I should have gotten one of those flower sets before they sold out.

Check your local stores! This stuff just sits around! I walked in and bought a Bonsai from my Target.

At $800 that AT-AT better be perfectly 1 to 1 in scale with the minifigures. Also possibly come with a snowspeeder to crush.

we can do better than that

TYd0AiV.jpg

now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL saddlestation

I've never bought anything from lego during the VIP exclusive period.

Is it normal for it to take a few days to ship? The payment is pending on my statement, but I haven't received any news about it actually heading my way. Granted I used the free shipping method...

Mm, mine shipped as normal a day later. But I did get in there at 4am, maybe I'm early in the queue ;p

Oh brilliant
    Ah, okay. Mine is listed as "in warehouse." Which means it is being processed. At least it's not gonna do anything evil like go on backorder status for me or something.

Haha... And I literally just got the shipping notification. All is well!

Made a neat SEC!

zxS5FJRl.jpg

Better Vulture wings! They look super cool, but there's a lot of weight on some small 1x1 clip plates, the whole thing feels pretty floppy, especially compared to the solid brick of the original. Looks cool tho!

Also built a better Ghost Rider bike, but ended up with the wrong tyre size, so no pics yet.

Oh brilliant
    We just got our actual Lego catalog in the mail and it's kind of a kick in the groin to know all this shit is already out of stock.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Stopped by the Lego store and picked up the Ninjago garden set. Asked about the bonsai tree and the clerk said that it was their most popular set at the moment and they sell out as soon as they get new ones in. He also said they should be getting more in on a steady basis since Lego has kicked up production of it.

steam_sig.png
    My dad's Cantina arrived!

My Ninjago Garden has yet to ship. :(

My dad's Cantina arrived!

My Ninjago Garden has yet to ship. :(

Just finished my garden. Love everything except the giant teal tower.

oh h*ck
    I started building the lantern festival. The fish tiles are so good!

pDHIN9pl.jpg

This Ox is lovely. Already wondering if the rest of the zodiac could be built to this scale, to swap out each year?

anMXRm5l.jpg

Oh brilliant
This discussion has been closed.