As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Cyberpunk 2077] Delisted on PSN in 2020, post-final release pushed back 57 years

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    I do appreciate how certain quests, like the second delamain one, have effective bypass conditions.
    I had shock immunity the second time i did the quest. Walked right though everything right to the end of the quest

I... I only just now realized why I didn't seem to be taking any damage in there. /headdesk/

I r dum.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Finished my first run a few weeks back, doesn't reinvent the wheel but very good game.

Not starting a second run until someone makes a radio on foot mod though. Should have been in the game from the start.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    If the Delamain quest had ended with a smart car that taxis you around the city while you don't have to drive it and can just look out the window and enjoy the scenery I might have used it

Massive missed opportunity but then I guess they would have had to program in some car AI...

They should have just made it a remote AI that transferred into any vehicle you are operating.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I was going to end the Delamain quest differently but
    Johnny peer pressured me into letting loose the insane children, dangerous and unstable that shouldn't be allowed to run free.

Probably the dumbest thing he asks you to do and thats saying a lot.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Johnny peer pressured me into letting loose the insane children, dangerous and unstable that shouldn't be allowed to run free.

I think he does praise you for merging them though as well.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    So I took a week off to get frustrated playing God of War on Far Too Hard, then I came back. Played for a good hour before it crashed again.
    Peralez quest:
    I ended up not telling Jeff that he been brainwashed, as I figured he'd probably get his memory wiped of me telling him anyway.
    But if I can find a way to block whatever conspiracy/AI/whatever is messing with them, I'm totally going to do it.
    You know, if it stops crashing.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular

Looks like the PS5/XSX version got delayed again. This time "late 2021" which really means 2022. I should have just taken the refund deal and waited.

• SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

Correct; he does. In a way, this foreshadows (ending spoilers):
    His willingness to be swallowed up by the AI formerly known as Alt Cunningham. Though I suspect he might have a different opinion if he knew he’d be sharing that privilege with fucking Saburo Arasaka.

Which reminds me, I remember seeing somebody point out that Hanako’d be pretty cool if only she weren’t a part of this particular family. I… can’t agree. The hero of the Arasaka family—if there is one—is absolutely Yorinobu. (As appealing as he is as a person, Takemura is willfully small-minded.)

Sneaks on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Looks like the PS5/XSX version got delayed again. This time "late 2021" which really means 2022. I should have just taken the refund deal and waited.

That is functionally the most useless diagram I have ever seen.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    it does look cool tho

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    That diagram does confirm the existence of linear time, so it's not completely useless.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Sneaks wrote: »

Correct; he does. In a way, this foreshadows (ending spoilers):
    His willingness to be swallowed up by the AI formerly known as Alt Cunningham. Though I suspect he might have a different opinion if he knew he’d be sharing that privilege with fucking Saburo Arasaka.

Which reminds me, I remember seeing someone at somebody point out that Hanako’d be pretty cool if only she weren’t a part of this particular family. I… can’t agree. The hero of the Arasaka family—if there is one—is absolutely Yorinobu. (As appealing as he is as a person, Takemura is willfully small-minded.)

This is especially clear if you take the corpo ending

wbBv3fj.png
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

For more details on Cyberpunk's development, the finished game might be out in a year. No promises. Wowww.... seriously.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Conveniently forgetting that a lot more was broken and missing beyond the poor performance of the game on the base consoles.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    There's the expected, requisite apology video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3V4UBZmC9o

It is really hard to believe them when they say things like "These issues did not show up in our testing/QA process..." when so many bugs are so easily reproducible on both PC and console.

Like getting stuck crouched after certain cutscenes, the scanner button becoming unresponsive, NPC's T-Posing and standing up inside cars, the whacky wavy palm trees... The list is almost endless.
    The game really is the epitome of a rough diamond, one that could go from being merely very good, to great, with the upcoming patches.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular

That is functionally the most useless diagram I have ever seen.

I like how it lists things that have already happened, something that's supposed to happen in the next couple weeks, then just a big nebulously defined bar of THINGS WILL PROBABLY HAPPEN stretching out to what might as well be the heat death of the universe.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    There's the expected, requisite apology video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3V4UBZmC9o

It is really hard to believe them when they say things like "These issues did not show up in our testing/QA process..." when so many bugs are so easily reproducible on both PC and console.

Like getting stuck crouched after certain cutscenes, the scanner button becoming unresponsive, NPC's T-Posing and standing up inside cars, the whacky wavy palm trees... The list is almost endless.
    The game really is the epitome of a rough diamond, one that could go from being merely very good, to great, with the upcoming patches.

I have never had any of those problems. You underestimate the effect of large numbers; what 13 million people may combine to easily reproduce, an internal team may literally never encounter.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Chance wrote: »
    I wasn't super-thrilled with the music at first - partly because on PS5 at least, the sound mixing in cars seriously prioritizes the sound of the engine (and everything else) over the music. I had to force the volume for everything but music and radio down to like 50% in the settings to make it better but not perfect.

But the atmospheric music is awesome. The combat music is awesome (when it's smart enough to shut off after combat ends), and the radio stations are... not as good as GTA. Not as good as San Andreas or IV or V.

How the songs are cued up to play in-game, how every radio station begins at the start of its normal playlist every time you start up the game, how "news" interrupts every station at the same time so you can't just switch over to music - how the DJ asks you how your afternoon is at midnight - how you can't skip songs - it's just poorly-executed. The radio stations needed more content and more user-control, period.

And there are some horrible fucking songs. "It begins and it ends and begins with her" needs to get chucked out a fucking window. Everything by Namakopuri (Us Cracks) can go away. Just go away. I have never heard music that made me go "if this is popular, I am old" until I heard this shit. Is anyone actually enjoying these songs in their entirety? Boppin' their heads to it, maybe feelin' it in the hips? I actually want to know so I can stop talking about music forever, 'cause it evokes a literal nails-on-a-chalkboard reaction from me.

But then Rihanna pops up and you're like "wtf, seriously, Rihanna?" and all of the Run the Jewels stuff is really good.
    Keanu Reeves
    cyberarm under my sleeves

I blast 'em all
    watch 'em fall like autumn leaves

damnit I can't leave
    Night City keep callin' me

goddamnit I'm a G
    and this fuck-shit is all I need

life a funky bitch
    an' this bitch ain't divorcin' me

My personal faves are, number one - Best Driving Song, which I bestow upon Bigger Man. No idea who Konrad OldMoney is, but he's got some other very solid songs on here. I have completed the game multiple times and have turned dexterity, body, and int builds into Godly, building-levelling avatars of death - but nothing makes me feel more badass in Cyberpunk than just driving around to this song.

https://youtu.be/sDoBnAyAk5M

big man doin' big man thaaaangs

And second, for some reason - which really annoys me - 4AEM by Grimes. I've never been aware of hearing a Grimes song until now, and prior to this all I knew about her was she married Elon Musk and named her child something very shitty. But I love this song. Which, again, really pisses me off because the person seems insufferable but the song is hot shit.

https://youtu.be/TGwmFIphNcg

This came out like a year ago, apparently. No idea. Just love it.

As I mentioned earlier, I love the Valentino combat theme.
    https://youtu.be/gr4K47m45CY

Hole in the Sun is pretty fun, but I'm not linking that. It starts out with the lyrics "I fuck you, I fuck you, I fuck you, I fuck." Then it starts getting dirty.

There are a lot of duds, though. There is one song that I've only heard once, but it just repeats "It's Night City" over and over and over.

Atlas in Chains on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I tend to switch from night city radio to samizdat and the rock station myself.

I ended up just using Spotify and playing some synth from there.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Just rescued someone from a Militech camp.

One of them was armed with an epic steel pipe.

I, uh, ok then.

*edit*
    And there's a random child in the room where the prisoner was being held?

*edit 2*
    Ok, never mind, it was just an internment camp being run by a corporation so there were multiple people including some other children.
    *thousand yard stare*

HappylilElf on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    one funny/sad thing about the amazing soundtrack that i noticed.

The songs play through in a particular order.

Full exiting the game seems to reset music back to the start.

So if you are playing on a console you may end up in a situation where you rarely ever get to hear some tracks due to crashing.

50 some hours into the game I started hearing tracks I had never heard before which was super awesome. But also hearing them again was so rare it was also a bit sad.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    @Chance wait is there actually a rihanna track?

I know there's the JVZEL track that sounds like her.

But even googling "rihanna cyberpunk" does get me anything other than the one weapon joke thing. Which I feel like it should if she had an actual track in the game. And I can't find her name on any soundtrack lists.

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    @Chance wait is there actually a rihanna track?

But even googling "rihanna cyberpunk" does get me anything other than the one weapon joke thing. Which I feel like it should if she had an actual track in the game. And I can't find her name on any soundtrack lists.

No I guess not... it just sounded exactly like her and then I googled Cyberpunk Rihanna and it took me to JVZEL cyberpunk stuff so I assumed JVZEL was some in-game pseudonym.

But either way I definitely went "is that Rihanna?"

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Chance wait is there actually a rihanna track?

No I guess not... it just sounded exactly like her and then I googled Cyberpunk Rihanna and it took me to JVZEL cyberpunk stuff so I assumed JVZEL was some in-game pseudonym.

Well you aren't alone in thinking it sounds like her!

It looks like she actually works with her and is/was one of her back-up singers so it makes sense!

• ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Chance wait is there actually a rihanna track?

Well you aren't alone in thinking it sounds like her!

It looks like she actually works with her and is/was one of her back-up singers so it makes sense!

Feat. Rihanna!

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Welp, this side mission doesn't work, because the side character spawns on top of the car when she gets out of said car. And I can't talk to him.

Just noticed he is phase through the car roof.

Fencingsax on
    Finally finished the game because I didn't want to 100% it with a terribly unfocused build (also that likely wasn't even an option because of my 8 year old PC)
    I didn't expect to get feels as the credits ran but, well, feels happened.

I want to see what this game is after it's fixed and at the same time? I kinda don't because how dare you make me care about fake people like this, you jerks.

Who do you think you are, Bioware?

Save games aren't character specific?

THIS IS UPSETTING

...though mostly only because it requires I pay the slightest bit of attention

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Fave track, because V like the pain

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SfDxpP2iGvU

5gsowHm.png
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Is there a difference or eventual consequence for killing vs giving mooks a nap? Like is this just something that will come back to bite me in the end or is there some sort of skill or experience difference I'm not noticing?

I've been mostly knocking people out but I've come to question why. I started killing all the gangs involved with some of the horrific shit though. Fuck em.

ChaosHat wrote: »
    Is there a difference or eventual consequence for killing vs giving mooks a nap? Like is this just something that will come back to bite me in the end or is there some sort of skill or experience difference I'm not noticing?

I've been mostly knocking people out but I've come to question why. I started killing all the gangs involved with some of the horrific shit though. Fuck em.

Yeah I don't think there's any reason other than how you want to play. I think there are a few missions where someone specifically says "don't kill them" but I think that's about it. Not really an effect on the story if that's what you're worried about.

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular

THIS IS UPSETTING

So many games that encourage multiple playthroughs do this shit. I cannot understand how it’s not an industry standard to break up saves by character. There must be technical hurdles or resource prioritization at play. Otherwise it’s just bad/lazy design.

"I see everything twice!"

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

THIS IS UPSETTING

So many games that encourage multiple playthroughs do this shit. I cannot understand how it’s not an industry standard to break up saves by character. There must be technical hurdles or resource prioritization at play. Otherwise it’s just bad/lazy design.

Like anything it just needs to be part of the design from the beginning.

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

THIS IS UPSETTING

One reason is every character is named V so you can't differentiate saves that way.

But as a general prioritization thing, if you've looked achievement percentages, most players never finish their games. I've seen as low as 5%, and Cyberpunk looks to be around 30% right now. So even less than that will play through a game more than once. Then you have the fact that it's unlikely for someone to play 2 characters simultaneously where ease of flipping back and forth would be necessary. So having the current playthrough's saves sorted to the top by date is "good enough" since most players are unlikely to ever load an old character again. But if they do, it'll just be back at the top of the save list as the "current" one again.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

The cyberspycho missions all give reduced rewards if you kill them, but they still complete.

Most of the other side gigs where your reward gets tanked for committing genocide also seem to do the same if you just put everyone to sleep, the fixers are only satisfied if you get in and out undetected.

Hevach on
  • SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    But as a general prioritization thing, if you've looked achievement percentages, most players never finish their games. I've seen as low as 5%, and Cyberpunk looks to be around 30% right now. So even less than that will play through a game more than once. Then you have the fact that it's unlikely for someone to play 2 characters simultaneously where ease of flipping back and forth would be necessary. So having the current playthrough's saves sorted to the top by date is "good enough" since most players are unlikely to ever load an old character again. But if they do, it'll just be back at the top of the save list as the "current" one again.
    I get what you’re saying… but it’s still too bad for those of us who share a gaming PC (with their spouse, for instance).

Sneaks on
  • yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular

THIS IS UPSETTING

One reason is every character is named V so you can't differentiate saves that way.

I actually thought about this after my post. The problem with this thinking is that it applies to replayability as a whole. If the vast majority of your audience is only going to do one playthrough, then you’re going to have a hard time justifying life paths, multiple endings, game plus modes, and the entire leveling system. It’s pretty clear the devs want people to play it more than once, even if it’s a poor investment.

"I see everything twice!"

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

The cyberspycho missions all give reduced rewards if you kill them, but they still complete.

Most of the other side gigs where your reward gets tanked for committing genocide also seem to do the same if you just put everyone to sleep, the fixers are only satisfied if you get in and out undetected.

Right, unless it specifically says so, there's no reward or penalty.