As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chrome Much Slower than other Browsers

RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
Thread title is pretty descriptive: My chrome browser (fully updated, Windows 7) has decided to be painfully slow at random times in loading pages and videos. Specifically it'll go through to the page I click on pretty quickly, but then the components on that page take minutes to load and appear. Googling suggests emptying the cache, so I tried that, and when I restarted Chrome it worked for 45 minutes before it started being slow again. Restarting my entire computer is also a temporary fix. I've tried disabling my extensions, but the Internet Explorer still installed on my computer outpaces it reliably. Does anyone know what else I can try?

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Firefox?

Did you update chrome just before this started happening?

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Have you looked to see if your primary HD is full? This sounds like a thing where you're out of space on the disk.