As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SATANS 2020. PERFECT GIFTING!

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    @Brolo I am also on the still waiting list.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    So I got gifted around the time the holiday forum started, and wasn't sure whether my satan would see a post in there. And then simply turned into a forgetful asshole once last week rolled around. But HERE is me finally posting about getting GIFTED

er2h1tanrhkg.gif

I received an EXCELLENT bottle of small-batch texan bourbon! It's smoky with heavy molasses notes and just plain delicious

datxaqueqxoj.jpg

and I can also report that it makes some EXCELLENT old fashioned's

lm8pubsjzdsr.jpg

I don't know who sent it, but thank you satan! Superb choices!

It was me! Glad you enjoyed it and Merry Christmas!

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Sataaaaannnnnn!

I don't know how to do the shiny flashing thing, but I was gifted!

9fz4ml46oscy.jpg

dease5scd63f.jpg

I can't wait to dig in to this book!

thank you and hail satan!

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Satan are you fedexing me something? I just got a flurry of tracking updates that don't really make sense

Edit: oh it might be a Kickstarter thing. Would explain the nonsense and very rapid chance from nothing to many thing

initiatefailure on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @Brolo I am on the waiting list, but an imp told me that my Satan has sent something and the post was being problematic

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Crossposted from the G&T thread

A package was delivered to me yesterday, but I was a terrible Satanee/Santee and put it off till today.
    X0YBhRO.gif
    First step of course, bringing out the holiday tribble to inspect the parcel.
    f12tmmmrxzsv.jpg

The tribble remains unexploded, so it's time to go deeper.
    l5jle6s3uji2.jpg
    Hail Satan indeed.

Packing paper and foam noodles out of the way, reveals a legion of gifts in Frozen wrapping paper.
    Truly diabolical.
    But I can let it go.
    f6ayfopzksim.jpg

At this point patience for additional photos lost to an unwrapping instinct that hasn't been sated in over a year.
    b7cq3n99svzg.jpg

No note or identification though.
    Wait, that spoiler link from before... surely that will provide the identity of my dark benefactor!
    Greetings Satanee!

It is I, Zerocow, your secret Satan! This year I have had the great pleasure of rolling for your forum loot table!

Let's get started!

*Geth, roll a d20 for loot
    *Geth 1d20 1 [1d20=1]
    Well...shit...ummm...I was not ready for that...let me look around here...ANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDD here is a DVD copy of two Dungeon and Dragons movies! Two for the price of one, that is some real value!

*Geth 1d20 4 [1d20=4]
    Congratulations! You have received a painting of a wall that is definitely not a mimic! The painting and the wall depicted in the painting are definitely not mimics! The definitely not a mimic wall is definitely not the wall that was made famous by Rourke “Left Nut” Ironhide, a dwarven adventurer who lost his right testicle in a mimic accident in a dungeon. And the painting of a wall that is definitely not a mimic definitely has not acquired a taste for dwarven oysters! All of the above is true and I have definitely not gifted you a mimic!

*Geth 1d20 12 [1d20=12]
    Hey NPC generating dice! Coming to you directly from Spain (after coming to my house!)! I ordered these stupid things the day I found out you were my santaee/satanee and it took the longest to get here! Hopefully these are useful for you!

*Geth 1d20 20 [1d20=20]
    Woot! You get a copy of Orconomics! This is one of my favorite books and it takes place in world that is kind of like World of Warcraft. If you like this book then there is an Orconomics II and a third book is currently being written.
    I’ve also included a card I made based on a quote from Orconomics II (the quote is slightly bastardized).
    Fun story, I’ve talked about this book a lot with my girlfriend. It wasn’t until she saw a physical copy of the book (I have the ebook) that she realized that the name was Orconomics. She just thought I was dumb and was mispronouncing Economics.

*Geth 1d20 2̵͉̘̎0̷͖̬̓͐͜ [1d20=2̷̳̥̻̞̰͉͎̫͍̅̀̒̈́͌̊̒̐̈́͛͒̊̓̚͝0̷̡̧̨̛̭̯͎͚̤͕͒͋̒̃͂̀͊͐̂̈́̚͝]

O̶̟͐͐ĥ̷̟̑̎́ ̴̭͗̀s̴̝̝̬͕͙̈́h̸̰̒̓̍i̴̭͑̀́t̴̠̞̮̫̋͌͗̑͝!̷̳͒̽͜ ̵̛͍̟͒̔
    ̵̢̲̠͚̰͗͐͂
    ̴͍̀T̶̢̯̖͔̽ͅh̶͕͔̜̖̐̃̄̂̾â̷̩̏̎̈̏ţ̸͓̠̲̺̃͑̎̒͝'̸̥̭̊s̵̺̮̥̊̀̓͘͠ ̶̧̬͖̙̌̎̽w̶̮͐͑̀e̵̠̭͖̗̘͂͛ï̵̹̊̄͛̀ṛ̵̱͒̓̾d̸̰̽̋̉̌̔!̴̨̳̩̉̐̾͗ ̴̱͍̥̌͗̌̉̉
    ̷̧̮̊̏͊̓̊
    ̸̢̠̦̟̈Ẃ̸̡͙̼̟̽̾̈́̈́e̸̗̋̾̍̋'̷͇͖̐̐͝v̴̫͈̜͚̊̎̿̑̀ẻ̶͍̍̍̏ ̷̓̈͐͜g̴͎̲͍̥̑̓̈́̀ͅȯ̶̝́̉͠ṇ̸͍̭̄̄͋͝ĕ̶̦̩̟́́͝͠ ̸̮͕̪̳̀o̸̮͉̝̰̘̎̓f̷̧̳̳̝̈̈͌̑͠f̸̛̹̄͋̕͠ ̶̩̬̯̹͂̋͠t̷̨͈̩̦̫̐̈́̍̐h̶͎̠͓͙̏̂ê̸̟̈́ ̷̛͚̹͎̠̹͂͊̉͌l̷͓͕̙̥̱̅̽͘o̴̮̐̈́̍̿o̷̙̠̬̱͌̽̎͠t̴͍͔̿ ̵͖̔̓̿̉͝ṭ̴̘̩̀̉̃̆̕ä̷̢̩̹̦͓́͛̈́̇͝b̶̭͍́͠l̴͓̃̉͑͝ê̷̬͇̆̀̆̋!̸̧̿̓ ̵̡̮̙̽̑
    ̷̨̻̟͉̯̏͐
    ̶̱͇̃̂C̵̰̝̝͓͇̋o̵̦̎̇͐̑n̵͙̘͕̟̟͐̄̐͗͝g̴̻̈́̐͗͝r̸̹̦͕̈́̐̅͂a̴̳͖̠̘͇͑̑̔t̷̯̱̓͂͑̆s̵̖͖͚̹̅̏͊͒͝ ̸͔̹͚͕̝̅͘y̷͉͐̈́͆ó̸̧̙̲̦͓̒u̵̬̇̇̆̄̐ ̵̗̲͔͕́h̴̞̜̙̫́̈́͂̆ȃ̶͔͑v̷͚̪̠͌̔͗͑̚e̸͍̲͈̙͑̃ ̵̨͔̝͚͔̀̀̊̓ŕ̵̜͕̳̃̈́̌é̸̹̇͌̂c̵̡͉̳͎̑̐ě̸̗̖̭̪̾̽̌ḯ̴̱v̴͚̙̝͐ę̷͗̀d̷̺͋͝ ̷̧̌̈̃ą̸͍̱͈̱̓̔̌̚͝n̸͔͙̮̾̌ ̶͉͈͎̻͉͑̀̇͊̾Ẽ̷̲̒̍̽l̶̨͂̈̏̌͘ď̵͎̂́̋̈́r̷̮̺̪̲͑̈́i̷͈̳̥̣͐̓̀̂t̶͕͓̎̚͜c̵̡̦̣̝̣͛͆͒̔̈h̷͕̆̓̒͝ͅ ̷͔͖͎̳̙͐̌́ç̵͚͚̩̒ơ̴̛̼͛ö̶̮̼̲̯ķ̵̳̭̯͝b̶̬̈́ö̴̢͖̗̪́̄̄̚ŏ̴͔̲k̵̫̹̤̺͐ͅ!̵̧̩͈͉̗̇̇͠ ̶̉̔͂͜
    ̶̲̳̦̪͐
    ̸̗̹̯̬̓͛͝I̵̖̐̏ ̴͓͇͍̝͊̓h̷͚̠̼̝͖̅̈́̔̇̓e̵̢͚͠a̵̛̪͓̽̿̾ř̷͓̪̠̐͠ ̶̱̥͆̓́̽̽t̶̻̩̝͍̒̅̓̑h̴̠͕̮͉̝̔̍̆͘e̸̢̳̬̰̒̍͑ͅ ̷͎̗̤͐́̂͘r̶̨̡͓̭̖̀̽̐̑ḙ̴̬͑͑̑̂͝c̴̗̙̞̘͗̔̎ͅì̷̻̚p̵̧̢͚̟͕͒̄̾͠è̴̢̿̉͘̕͜s̷̲̬̋͂ ̴̮̂̃̾͘a̴̧͕͈̎ŗ̵̧̤̗͇͋͛ē̸̙̩̆̓̎́ ̴̝̻͇͌̑̀̇̓ͅd̷̞̦̆̓͌̑͋e̸̯͒̆̒͜ĺ̶̺̻̺̝i̶̱͍͔͊̂͂̒̚c̷̡̎ǐ̸̳̇̉͐ö̷̺̺͔̥́ư̴͚͐̇̅̎s̸̰̎,̴̗͕̲̓̿̓̆͜ ̸̺̙̮̝͊̄̎̇̚s̸͍͋̍a̵̟͙̻͐͊͆͌̒ṋ̶͊͆͛̏͜͜ͅí̷̛͍̦̭͈̐͛̓t̵̨̩̓͋͑ý̷͉̟̀ ̷̙͚̣̭͕̈́͆͊̾̀ţ̴͉͇̅̆̎̍̈́͜é̶̘̳̄ͅs̸͇̮̯̝̔̈́͘͝͝t̴̹̯̝̞͂̋͗ȋ̶̛͖̈n̶̠̺̄̓̓͝g̵̡̈̍,̷̧̼̘̺͌͐ ̷͔͖̒̍̃̑ͅa̷̛͉͕͕̅͛̾̕͜n̷̩͉̐̊ḑ̸͔̣̭̟̀̒̄͗̑ ̴̘̬͎͇̈́s̸̖̲̀̔̈́̓ò̷̳̖͗͊͑͠u̸͓͓͙̟͗͋l̶̲͓̜̈́̌ ̷̛͉̈́̉͂s̸͓̫̯̪͛ẗ̸̥̯͈̊͠ẻ̸̼͝a̷̧̪̯̖̓̆̌̊̽ļ̸͎͒͌̈͋͝i̷͈̫̋̆̈̅͜ǹ̵̩̩̆̍̓̂g̷̙̯̳̗̭̔̐!̴̲̓̃͘͠
    ̵̲̠̙̀̐̍̀
    ̸̨̼̤͍̔̕H̷̢͙̣͖́͒a̷͎̟̣̒̍͘p̸̠̏̇͊p̵̢̹̩͒̀͑ẏ̶̻̓̇̽̚ ̴̹̦͎̕a̷̫̬͋̀d̸͕͚̥̟͈̈́́v̸͎̫̑̈̑̏͛ē̵̟̽̎̾͝ṇ̶̬̦̓̀̚ţ̴̳̏̉̃̉u̴͖̖̿͑̽̀r̷̢̙̃͂͌̒͛ǐ̴̮̺͖̀́n̵͕͍͍̆̉͑̋ğ̸͍͉̅̍́͝!̴͖͖̹͐̎

Thank you @ZeroCow
    I'm looking forward to reading Orconomics, it sounds right up my alley. And the cookbook looks fun, because I'm a sucker for bad puns and the Lovecraft mythos (the first recipe is Martini: Shaken, not Hastur'd.
    The first random NPC is a chaotic neutral female Dwarf, with high con and low int who lives an upper middle class life as a trader, smuggler or thief.
    And, of course, the D&D Movies, I haven't seen these in years, I'm looking forward to hitting that first chapter of the cookbook hard for a movie night.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Satan are you fedexing me something? I just got a flurry of tracking updates that don't really make sense

Edit: oh it might be a Kickstarter thing. Would explain the nonsense and very rapid chance from nothing to many thing

Nope, not me.

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    I have been gifted! Post of pictures etc. coming tomorrow. :)

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    FINALLY GOT A TRACKING NUMBER

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i think satan finally got me, and let me tell you, as someone who commutes about 2 1/2 hours a day on a bus, this is gonna be a godsend.

also it is extremely my jam.

satan! reveal yourself!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Crossposting from G&T:

Hey, Santee! (Or is it Satanee? Santanee, maybe? Blazes, I don't know... is Santan a word that might apply here?)

Just a little post to let you know the gift is finally, after all this time and upheaval, on its way. Sorry for the wait, but what with the absolute bonkers-ness of the last few weeks, well... consider this something of a bright spot to look forward to on the 20th. It's overdue for Christmas, but I hope you still get a little joy out of it!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    I was hoping to include a homemade item with my gift, but that was not ever fully realized. Instead of waiting for a day that might not come, tomorrow I'm going to to go ahead and ship out what I have for the final shipment to my satanee.

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    GORFT GERT DOT GIF

Dear Satan, your final package made it! From Threadless no less!

50838727171_e7545aa2d4.jpg

Aw yiss, look at that nice packaging job, be a shame if some one ripped it on open with their eager paws...

50838806277_88eb8615fb.jpg

Lookat these fellows! JUST TAKE A LOOK AT EM!. They are so cute in fact that my wife immediately tried to swipe the backpacking birb offa me! Now I gotta buy her her own version and we need to coordinate opposite dates we can wear it--it's a whole thing!

But anyway, 80's dress-up montage!!

50838440866_7553c12391.jpg

50838523777_4822567027.jpg

...and uh, ok I guess it's hard to do that with only two outfits.

Thank you Satan! My life is forever made better with birds.

• ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    I bought my mom that book for Mother's Day. It's great.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
    there was a moment where my first thought was "birds aren't real"

and now i understand how memes turn into conspiracies

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

lol if you think are birds are even remotely real

you've been duped

it's all CG and government lies

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

you've been duped

PFtt, you believe the government exists?

PSN: jfrofl
    sdg76h4pugha.jpg

Radiation wrote: »

you've been duped

PFtt, you believe the government exists?

pretending the government doesn't exist is 1000% a government coverup

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I got sataned again!!

He's the last one we needed!
    9073y3blj5gp.jpg

now I think we have them all!
    tmqe49gzzi98.jpg

i7e0nksgx4c8.jpg

edited January 2021
    !!! I have been told that a PACKAGE has arrived

but I will not be able to check it directly until this evening

Brolo on
    @KetBra holy shit!

so as it turns out it was TWO packages!

the first showed up in this box:

FEwU2Rbl.jpg
    and inside were some parcels wrapped in lovely shiny paper!

EV6KqBll.jpg

Including a lovely card!

D3g9j8jl.jpg

I know this author! She was on Through the Wormhole! Looking forward to sitting down with this one and learning just how much I don't know about theoretical physics.

gGLqH6rl.jpg
    My daughter is SUPER into coloring, so this is definitely a good fit. Although she might be a little distracted by...

RzNXvv6l.jpg
    ...who is THIS fellow?

TBFoNtRl.jpg
    ... HE IS MAGNIFICENT.

anyway while I was opening all that, ANOTHER gift showed up.

SDUdriel.jpg

and inside was...
    cDgoWA7l.jpg

IT IS GIGANTIC
    L7DGKbzl.jpg

WE ARE MOVED TO TEARS BY THE SHEER SIZE OF THIS THING.

X29O0SSl.jpg

Here it is with the arsenal - the Longstrike is fantastic for modding, due to the size of its plunger tube, so I miiiiiiiight just have to look up some aftermarket springs and tubes for this bad boy

ZOZA1efl.jpg

finally, for those of you with particularly keen eyes you might have noticed that there was one extra present included

I have saved it until the end

YlNdD0bl.jpg

but could it be..?

K5uoWcTl.jpg

IT WAS A SHAQ ATTAQ

THANK YOU SO MUCH KETBRA!

I know there's one more thing that's in transit, I'll let you know if it shows up here! Even if it doesn't though, please know that you have outdone yourself! I have been throughly gifted and want for nothing!

anyway here's what everyone is really here for:
    qMBZ2skl.jpg
    kBPPKSjl.jpg
    4IzmnrPl.jpg
    5n6uU89l.jpg
    Hd6G8iPl.jpg

she's only had like 5 minutes with it and she's already trying to bring pupper to bed with her

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    That is a VERY cute child Brolo, good job

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    WAIT A LONGSTRIKE I THOUGHT THEY STOPPED MAKING THOSE

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    anyway here's what everyone is really here for:
    qMBZ2skl.jpg
    kBPPKSjl.jpg
    4IzmnrPl.jpg
    5n6uU89l.jpg
    Hd6G8iPl.jpg

she's only had like 5 minutes with it and she's already trying to bring pupper to bed with her
    I feel fairly certain a person would have to be a truly horrendous monster to say no.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I’m glad you got the stuff Brolo! Yeah I need to look into what happened with the last package, it was the only one I sent direct via Amazon! I’ll check with Amazon about it but there may be a bow wielding porch pirate out there.

Also your daughter is adorable, I’m glad she liked the doggo!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I have been gifted!

@Elin has sent me a code for game dollars and informed me a physical manifestation will arrive sometime in the near future.

Thank you oh dark one!

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i just got this now!! only real names on the gift tags, so i won't share them!

and oh man this is a hell of a gift! i am jazzed as hell to watch skeletor save christmas over and over again.

i am so glad garfield book #69 "easy as pie" is larger than the older books i am used to. it deserves the prominence.

thanks so much, satan!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    i just got this now!! only real names on the gift tags, so i won't share them!

and oh man this is a hell of a gift! i am jazzed as hell to watch skeletor save christmas over and over again.

i am so glad garfield book #69 "easy as pie" is larger than the older books i am used to. it deserves the prominence.

thanks so much, satan!!!

Oh, hey, it got there early! Got told it was going to arrive on the 20th, but I guess somebody hit a time warp or something, and it got there faster!

A much belated Merry Christmas, and I hope you enjoy it all!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I got a thing! I took pictures! Then I forgot to post!

I'm the worst!

It's a box!
    rr0qcjxrqqxu.jpg

Stuff inside!
    em660d35d85l.jpg

It appears the wrapping did not quit survive the ride fully in tact, but not the worst thing in the world!

A card!
    6nxxritg3pz8.jpgxlgigvyadob5.jpg

I'm not transcribing all that!

Oh yeah, the calendar was cool!
    czyedbb0vb1x.jpg

Anyway, here's what was all wrapped up!
    w7utu56rlt76.jpg

Rad as hell, I can not wait to dig in to these further (I absolutely had to start flipping through the Dieter Rams book immediately).

Thank you Satan! @initiatefailure !

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    oh no! I hope it was just the wrapping that was damaged?

Oh yeah, just the wrapping, everything else was fine.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    That sticker on the book is so good

It's not a sticker, it's part of the cover itself, which makes it even better.

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Ok, ready at last!

https://i.imgur.com/X0YBhRO.gif7gzxm395k45w.gif

So first off I got gifted the means to enjoy a pair of my old favorite games in HD glory!

0q4zl6wvpy0e.jpeg

nbz24l080bzz.jpeg

Unfortunately for it, awesome though it is, it got blown out of the water by the other gift:

A NEW TURNTABLE!
    tnor30f6yqoj.jpeg

It’s awesome and the moment I powered on its Bluetooth synced to our sound system. For the inaugural play, there was really only one choice both for myself and to be appropriate to Secret Satans:
    p6tjh9mk6wqj.jpeg
    Suffice to say, it sounds and looks awesome:
    fy0kb705nyos.jpeg

Thanks @Romanian My Escutcheon you rock!

edited January 2021
    An update as requested in the card @initiatefailure .

I set aside some time this afternoon to go through the Dieter Rams tome, and so far my my review is this:

"Well, I never thought about it before, but yes I would purchase and hang a photograph of a coffee maker or portable shaver on my wall."
    b13l9fpybmvw.jpg

Tonkka on
    Oh shiiiiit, nice stuff! That reminds me that I really need to upgrade my turntable so I can play those dope RTJ albums @tav gave me back in '18!

That one looks good, shame if it were to take a walk...

edited January 2021
    That guy gets maybe a little too much love in product design circles (never meet your heroes and massive inequalities in design he benefitted from and all of those kinds of things) but God damn if his work wasn't frequently revolutionary, gorgeous, or both

initiatefailure on
    That guy gets maybe a little too much love in product design circles (never meet your heroes and massive inequalities in design he benefitted from and all of those kinds of things) but God damn if his work wasn't frequently revolutionary, gorgeous, or both

I'm looking at cups he designed and had rejected and then had success with like 20 years later. They do credit everyone who also worked on those designs as well in the book.