As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Far Right DC Putsch thread 2

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Is it like real we have no money bankruptcy or like fake judo throw bankruptcy where you end up with more money somehow

if it's the latter, how?

no, please. how? i need money

Nah it only works if youre rich like how a certain amount of debt turns into money somehow

you can type

hack me some money

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the NRA regularly announces that it's in dire financial straits, it's a fundraising tactic they've used for decades

I wouldn't put much stock in a restructuring that they've executed in a way that guarantees headlines

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    The NRA has filed a petition for bankruptcy

School closures have been bad for business

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Is it like real we have no money bankruptcy or like fake judo throw bankruptcy where you end up with more money somehow

if it's the latter, how?

no, please. how? i need money

Nah it only works if youre rich like how a certain amount of debt turns into money somehow

you can type

hack me some money

That's a two hackers, one keyboard type of situation and, well, Covid and all. I'm sure you understand.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    The motherucking My Pillow Guy brought notes to persuade Trump to declare martial law and institute his fascist dictatorship:

Living in an 80's Alan Moore comic sucks ass.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular

fuck.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular

Damn, that’s cold

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

The NYAG announced they wanted to dissolve the NRA as a non-profit and confiscate, like, a ton of their assets because of massive corruption documented over years and years, so it's all a play to try and keep the grift going.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Back before I knew his politics I bought a MyPillow.

MyPillow fucking sucks

• Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    On the one hand, I’m treating everything on twitter at this point with a healthy amount of skepticism, especially a grainy, half blocked page of notes.

On the other, the fact that this is the guy he’s calling on as an advisor at this point is scary enough without any additional detail.

• Options
    Mercutio87 wrote: »
    On the one hand, I’m treating everything on twitter at this point with a healthy amount of skepticism, especially a grainy, half blocked page of notes.

On the other, the fact that this is the guy he’s calling on as an advisor at this point is scary enough without any additional detail.

The photo is from a Washington Post photographer who I'm guessing took it himself.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Does that say "Make clear this is China/Iran using domestic actors"...

My head hurts so much...how???

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Back before I knew his politics I bought a MyPillow.

MyPillow fucking sucks

Years ago, I thought about buying one. Didn't end up getting one. Saw a better deal and the name was giving me ripoff vibes.

Wanna go back in time to tell past me that they almost wound up lying their head on fascism.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    luckily the my pillow guy seems to not have the kind of clout he thought he did, and his suggestions that the president of the united states declare martial law and refuse to step down were not heeded

this is a sentence that is factually correct in the year of our lord 2021

Typhoid Manny on
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    God those pillows are so awful too.

My friend has one and it's like sleeping on an old lumpy ass pillow that pokes you in random spots.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    luckily the my pillow guy seems to not have the kind of clout he thought he did, and his suggestions that the president of the united states declare martial law and refuse to step down were not heeded

this is a sentence that is factually correct in the year of our lord 2021

Yet. This picture's from today.

The only thing that's keeping me pretty calm is I think it's very likely that some of the people he would need to use to make this happen will be like "no, thanks, I'm good."

• Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular

it's sort of crazy to me that news corporations need to be told it's not a good idea to give fascists a platform where they can say their piece, but i guess they need to be told that

on the other hand, maybe they know exactly what they're doing!

on the other other hand, if they knew what they were doing they probably wouldn't have asked a woman well known for a lot of internet and real life work against fascism if she has any contacts among fascists

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Okay but have we ever considered asking ISIS for their point of view after a terrorist attack

It would be such balanced coverage!!!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1350217167090970627
    https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1350217499166597120

It's wild to me that the QAnon Shaman gets bail denied but the Air Force dude gets house arrest. Don't get me wrong though, the Shaman was absolutely there to kill people.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Oh Ted

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    We're at 25,000 troops in DC for the inauguration?

I get it...last week was horrifying, but that many soldiers in the Capitol is not making me feel less nervous.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

Thoughts and prayers.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

I get it...last week was horrifying, but that many soldiers in the Capitol is not making me feel less nervous.

It's beyond security. It's a message to the insurrectionists.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

It's overcompensating to cover for their fuck up

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    ErznKu6VoAA6Jxn?format=jpg&name=small
    who amongst us

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yeah that many troops deployed is very much a show of force after a colossal shitshow.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Yeah the current troop count in the capitol is entirely a big ol sign saying, "this is what you actually fucked with", a big reminder that a few cops on a very temporary barrier is not actually what the government brings to a party, and that trying to overthrow the u.s. government is probably gonna take more than an afternoon.

It would be absolutely wild to see anyone actually try anything next week.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I happened to get assigned to the 187th INF at Campbell, out of processing on my return from Korea, the same day that the 101st received a squadron of AH-64 attack birds. I was driving up to my new unit when the new helicopters flew over in formation and it was very much a "ok this is a much bigger more serious place than over in Korea, do not fuck around." moment.

Point being shows of force work if the context is right

Weaver on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021

image of Don't Tread On Me flag with Loyal Order of Water Buffalo hat with caption "I have special dietary requirements. "

I know, I know, making fun of his dietary needs isn't kosher...

Except kosher or halal would be a dietary need and "organic" isn't.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular

image of Don't Tread On Me flag with shaman hat with caption "I have special dietary requirements. "

Absolutely cannot bring this up without pointing out this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/08/19/muslim-ice-detainees-reportedly-fed-pork-told-by-chaplain-it-is-what-it-is/?sh=247781d56cc5

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    expendable wrote: »

image of Don't Tread On Me flag with shaman hat with caption "I have special dietary requirements. "

Absolutely cannot bring this up without pointing out this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/08/19/muslim-ice-detainees-reportedly-fed-pork-told-by-chaplain-it-is-what-it-is/?sh=247781d56cc5

I believe it's been said on this very same forum many times...

"The cruelty is the point."

At least when it comes to minorities or religions they don't like.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    the Q Shaman spouts off a bunch of wannabe Pagan and Norse stuff while also going on and on about the glory of Jesus Christ

I don't think he has the most structured of belief systems

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I don’t like calling him the shaman

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I agree, let's just call him dipshit

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    I don’t like calling him the shaman

Cultural appropration!

Call him "the Q dipshit what wears horns." Wordier, but more accurate.

• Options
    I agree, let's just call him dipshit

FUCK

• Options
    David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    the Q Shaman spouts off a bunch of wannabe Pagan and Norse stuff while also going on and on about the glory of Jesus Christ

I don't think he has the most structured of belief systems

Sounds like bog standard spiritual white nationalism

This discussion has been closed.