As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Queue is moving really slow, still 36k in front of me

holy shit you can use your item filter on Ritual reward shops, there's a checkmark button on the Ritual window that will let you turn it on or off

so I got looking closer at this while I'm in the queue

vtyzfb9.png

lmfao

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    OFFICAL

• eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Does Path of Building not get updated anymore? Is there a different build planner people use now?

(She/Her)
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    The original creator no longer maintains it regularly but there is a community fork that is.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    For some reason I kind of want to do an Elemental Hit + Trinity + Mirage Archer Deadeye, since I haven't played with bows much.

(She/Her)
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    For some reason I kind of want to do an Elemental Hit + Trinity + Mirage Archer Deadeye, since I haven't played with bows much.

I mean, it'd probably work out.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • triathtriath Registered User regular
    Is the guild still a thing and are console players walled off from PC guilds?

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I had luck. In mud flats ritual I got a tabula. :) yay!

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Man, swapping to arma brand for the mid games makes me question just staying arma brand, and going elementalist instead.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    I'm still patching because I forgot Steam doesn't like to auto download updates anymore. Oops.

(She/Her)
    triath wrote: »
    Is the guild still a thing and are console players walled off from PC guilds?

yes and yes

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Two hits of Wild Strike and Trinity's like "Yup, capped."

Still leveling, but Ritual is providing quite a nice amount of currency and leveling uniques. Both belts! (deceiver and meginord's)

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Do y'all think that self cast scorching ray would be able to apply its fire exposure effect if you take that one totem keystone? I feel like it should, but I an plagued by doubts.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Pre-sentinel Templar was kinda dragging until I realized there was nothing stopping me from equipping skeles and zombies...

Somehow that didn’t even occur to me when I did the delve event. “Undead = necro” mental block I guess, but that was a fun block to break through.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Yeah I've almost got a full new character set from Ritual, which is good for alts. Goldrim, deceiver, and wanderlust have all dropped. Got a brightbeak on layaway and pulled a quill rain and silverbranch already.

Very non-intrusive league, just give me stuff so I can grind maps right.

jungleroomx on
    So now that the cat's out of the bag
    That final Atlas tree is cool as hell lol

Tried playing today, but was at the mercy of 400ms+ lag spikes making the game near unplayable. I don't know what kind of connection I've got since I'm currently crashing at a friends house, but I guess it doesn't like having 4 adults sharing the same connection.

(She/Her)
    Neat, there's a new Div card that comes from clicking on Sulphite nodes, it's a 1-stack that gives 10 alts

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Good good league. I unfortunately have two big work projects next week and I can play 2-3 hours a day at most or else I'll suffer for it later.

RF/Scorching Ray does sick damage but I need some more life, ES and armor. Also a general dearth of orbs and such that would be good for crafting, but so far it feels like a good build.

Edit: Wow, hit another queue just now.

Absalon on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I got a 13% quality Portal gem from an act 2 ritual table and sold it for 10c

good league

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    zauhfoi95jpw.png

Shame I need this myself right now, because I might get an exalt for it if I put it up.

Absalon on
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Errr, so apparently GGG completely mislabelled the tooltip for the new Bastion of Elements in Elementalist.....

The node just says "Primal Aegis can take 100 Damage per Allocated Notable Passive Skill"

But that apparently means ONLY ELEMENTAL DAMAGE. That's uhh, kind of a huge difference. Apparently they clarified that in a FAQ somewhere, but nowhere in the tooltip or in game.....

I was 50/50 on picking that and another skill, so I will survive. But damn that's pretty silly! So much for obsessing over verbiage in tooltips I guess?

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • triathtriath Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    so many different old leagues to figure out.

triath on
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Anybody playing with Fanaticism yet? Did the ability to generate stacks while you have the buff make it to live?

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Picked this back up for the new league. Only character I've ever gotten to a high level was a Molten Strike Juggernaut several leagues ago.

Decided on an Arc Witch build I found. Still not comfortable enough with the systems to make my own builds. So far it's pretty good, lots of instant-death as I shock the shit out of things. Got Path of Building and NeverSink's filters setup. Still trying to figure out the gear system and what makes sense for an int witch, but it's mostly coming together so far.

I assume some of the lag and crashyness is just new league hiccups as everyone comes back to play?

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    theres never a fatal flaw

no build is beyond salvation

also i realise i forgot to mention about consecrated path coc: if u use infernal cry u can hook coc up to infernal cry, and that will trigger a separate coc setup for the 6 exerted attacks. this stacks with the coc on the main attack. if u have ngamahu that means u can trigger a 7link, 6link and (whatever fucked up elder/shaper/whatever link in boots gloves hat u can come up with) link coc per attack

this is the most coc, probably

You have never seen my builds

GnomeTank wrote: »
    Picked this back up for the new league. Only character I've ever gotten to a high level was a Molten Strike Juggernaut several leagues ago.

Decided on an Arc Witch build I found. Still not comfortable enough with the systems to make my own builds. So far it's pretty good, lots of instant-death as I shock the shit out of things. Got Path of Building and NeverSink's filters setup. Still trying to figure out the gear system and what makes sense for an int witch, but it's mostly coming together so far.

I assume some of the lag and crashyness is just new league hiccups as everyone comes back to play?

Try switching to Vulkan

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular

If you're playing Enki's Arc Witch, I can vouch for it being real good this league. I league started it and it's been steamrolling early maps so far. The only problem is mana regen sustain, but the build got buffed with the elementalist rework, it can definitely do all content with some investment.

Steam: Spawnbroker

If you're playing Enki's Arc Witch, I can vouch for it being real good this league. I league started it and it's been steamrolling early maps so far. The only problem is mana regen sustain, but the build got buffed with the elementalist rework, it can definitely do all content with some investment.

It is in fact Enki's Arc Witch. So far I'm really enjoying it. I'll keep the mana regen thing in mind. Right now I am way over-regenning but I assume that will change as my Arc gem goes up in level.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling

Try switching to Vulkan

Earlier Vulkan was giving me like 40 FPS at 3440x1440...but it seems fine now. Who knows.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular

Making builds isn't too hard, once you figure out how to hit maps in under six hours played. Then you buy a Tabula Rasa and reliably hit 4-5 hours... the fear factor of making a garbo build starts to disappear. Really, making a tolerable build isn't hard at all; get 150% life, try to figure out an efficient path for damage around the life pathing, and pick your skill gems and try to stack as many defensive buffs as you can.

The only build I haven't been able to get to work was my Doryani's Fist + Stormfire Ignite Juggernaut. Mostly because I was playing on console, but it was still fun to delete bosses instantaneously with 5% regularity.

edited January 2021
    I'm sure that's true...but keep in mind you're saying "making builds isn't hard" while tossing out a bunch of item and skill names someone new'ish has no clue about. It always seems easy when you understand the systems and things to build for but it's crazy daunting for someone new. Using a decently tested build to get myself a solid footing before I go off and play just seems reasonable.

GnomeTank on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I've managed to play hundreds of hours of this game while barely knowing how anything works. And that's before even taking into account all the stuff that has been added or changed since I last played.

The one time I tried doing my own build I did minions and I think it turned out okay, but not great.

Okay, I need a B->B->B->B chest, or preferably a B->B->B->B->B chest. What's the best way to procure one? Just farm, or use some of my currency resources to try and make one?

edited January 2021
    Okay, I need a B->B->B->B chest, or preferably a B->B->B->B->B chest. What's the best way to procure one? Just farm, or use some of my currency resources to try and make one?

4LB (4 link blue) is fairly common once you get to levels 30+, as long as you're looking at Intelligence based chest armor (energy shield armor).

One of the easiest ways is to buy some from one of the NPC's in town, at least the armor itself. I think Act 3 is probably the first time you'll be able to buy chest armors that can support 4 links, and you'll probably want to look for Silken Garb, Mage's Vestment, or Silk Robe.

Jeweler's Orbs randomly reroll the amount of sockets in armor. They're the ones that look like grey donuts:

hk88p88li8ri.png

If you need to change the socket colors, you can use chromatic orbs, that look like everlasting gobstoppers

hdql1tq4x5f7.png

It's a weighted random roll. Intelligence armor will result in more blue sockets, strength in red, etc.

5 link chest armor is pretty difficult for someone who is in lower levels in the game.

jungleroomx on
    Carnarvon wrote: »

Making builds isn't too hard, once you figure out how to hit maps in under six hours played.

It still takes me way longer than 6 hours to hit maps. I'll skip side quests for later, but getting from point A to point B on the main quests still takes me longer because I can't just run past stuff. I have to kill everything along the way.

(She/Her)
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I had a 6-link drop
    DA6cYQd.png?1

It's corrupted because it dropped from a Vaal ritual.

Is it worth trying to sell it?