As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Far Right DC Putsch thread 2

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

omg these people have no idea of object permanence in a digital world

He's like 20! How does he not know how this works??

Apparently once you get under like 25ish tech illiteracy starts to go up again because those kids grew up in an era where everything is very straightforward and just works more or less fine.

This is what I am given to understand by my teacher friends.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Apparently Nick saying that could open him up to an Obstruction of Justice charge? Also a month ago that dude got $250,000 in bitcoin ago from a mysterious French computer programmer who then committed suicide. So... there's that.

Also also: I don't think he committed any crimes, but man I'm excited to find out if Alex Jones can get through an FBI interview without lying.

august on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Tweet is gone, what did it say?

edited January 2021
    Tweet is gone, what did it say?

It's not gone, embeds are just loading slowly right now

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1350295606082859008

august on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Oh, thanks!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah like two or three minutes ago the twitter servers just started shitting themselves

it happens! big websites can go down too

liEt3nH.png
  • OdinOdin Registered User regular
    That's like slashing the tires of your getaway car

3clipse wrote: »

Apparently once you get under like 25ish tech illiteracy starts to go up again because those kids grew up in an era where everything is very straightforward and just works more or less fine.

Yeah we've gotten to the point where a lot young people don't know how to pirate shit because they barely know how to move files around if at all or what a file extension is.

• expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

IME I would put it a little closer to 30 than 25, but yeah, 25ish sounds like the right neighborhood.

Lots of public schools in the US completely dropped any kind of class that would build that tech literacy because "young people just know." But they don't. I see high school kids NOW trying to take programming classes or other computer stuff and they have to start from square one. The very few that can even touch type struggle to hit 30 wpm. Computers and technology are becoming magic black boxes again and that's not a good thing.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
    uhhhhh is this skim?? I asked for skim

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    There is no comeuppance enough for that woman but man I hope they try.

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I'm laughing at the thought of a bunch of these idiots destroying their phone only for none of it to matter cause their cell provider already has records of what cell towers their phones were connected to during the capitol attack.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    BLM Protestors: Okay, wear a mask, don't wear anything too distinctive, and for the love of God, if you are recording, use a burner phone, don't bring your personal phone to the protest.

Capitol Building Dickwads
    : Hey, it's yah boi Jimmy! We also have Paul and Serena here, livestreaming as we smash our way into the Capitol building to put AOC's head on a pike! Like and subscribe!

Muzzmuzz on
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Know it's tempting to say that BLM was good at security but it's not like plenty of people weren't getting doxxed as a result of the protests. They just hadn't invaded the US Capitol and so don't have as much attention on them.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    august wrote: »

This is a person who has been blaming antifa for why she can't get her roots done.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    BLM Protestors: Okay, wear a mask, don't wear anything too distinctive, and for the love of God, if you are recording, use a burner phone, don't bring your personal phone to the protest.

Capitol Building Dickwads
    : Hey, it's yah boi Jimmy! We also have Paul and Serena here, livestreaming as we smash our way into the Capitol building to put AOC's head on a pike! Like and subscribe!

I actually saw some chud on twitter in the replies to that tweet about Fuentes saying "yeah well AOC said to turn off your phone if you go to a protest!!" as if people thought that what Fuentes was saying was bad instead of just bafflingly stupid

• Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    At least the right side of that PS5 can play PSX discs.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

Crazy.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Crazy.

My neice and nephew had legitimate problems with buttons on consoles when they were younger because they had literally never used anything but touch tablets.
    Theyre better now but it was weird to realize Id been trained to use these things and navigate 2D and 3D space using a controller and they had no idea until like 2 years ago.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

Both sides can actually.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Before all this went down, my guess for the New Year would be that the dullest knives in the right wing drawer and the dullest knives in the left wing drawer would all come flying out and get into a fight with each other. I am glad I was wrong, barely

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Rather unsurprisingly the chud horde attacked the people attempting to render medical aid to one of their own shot in the chest

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Before all this went down, my guess for the New Year would be that the dullest knives in the right wing drawer and the dullest knives in the left wing drawer would all come flying out and get into a fight with each other. I am glad I was wrong, barely

the night is young! there's plenty more fuckening ahead of us

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

Video that the MyPillow guy posted on Parler before it was shut down.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Whoa what

that is a dude that can't accept the reality of a situation and act accordingly, which is nothing special really but this particular example i guess has the ear of the president which is cool

algorithms indeed

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I genuinely don't know if he actually believes it or if it's a grift.

And I don't know what's scarier, honestly.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

Both sides can actually.

Shit that's right. I forgot, the non OG-PS3 lost the "Emotion Engine" chip, so lost PS2 ability, not PSX.

Been out of the Sony ecosystem too long.
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Rather unsurprisingly the chud horde attacked the people attempting to render medical aid to one of their own shot in the chest

Boyland, wasn't that the gal from Georgia with the Gadsden Flag and crushed by irony+chuds?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Dumile was refused reentry to the United States in late 2010 after completing a European tour.[102] Although he had lived in the country for most of his life, he never became a naturalized citizen.[60][103] He had previously avoided leaving the United States—it had only been his second international tour—but had acquired a British passport prior to the tour. He had believed he would be able to secure reentry based on his longterm residency and family connections.[102] The denial of reentry forced Dumile apart from his wife and three children, and for nearly two years he saw them only via video calls or during their brief visits to the United Kingdom. He was reunited with his family when they moved to London in 2012.[10] The same year, Dumile said he was "done with the United States".[102]
    Looks like he pulled a Kuribo's Shoe. Thats hardly the president's (or vice president's) fault.

Bedlam on
    This is obviously some cya by administration officials, but the implication here is that Trump knew he lost, and the plan from the start was to lie and bully his way into winning. This is something I'm guessing people will have to start testifying about at some point.

https://twitter.com/margarettalev/status/1350489433695518725

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    This is obviously some cya by administration officials, but the implication here is that Trump knew he lost, and the plan from the start was to lie and bully his way into winning. This is something I'm guessing people will have to start testifying about at some point.

https://twitter.com/margarettalev/status/1350489433695518725

That makes a lot of sense, it's one of the ways the abuse of executive powers could keep him in office and also probably the one that took least effort.

The Stop The Steal bullshit also took off right as people started reporting that there might be a "red mirage", which points to the folks doing grassroots work for Republicans basically deciding oh shit we might have a chance to convince people that's just us winning.

I mean which is predictable, but I'd like to nail down how much this is definitively people choosing to lie for gain rather than being duped/confused/whatever.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Dumile was refused reentry to the United States in late 2010 after completing a European tour.[102] Although he had lived in the country for most of his life, he never became a naturalized citizen.[60][103] He had previously avoided leaving the United States—it had only been his second international tour—but had acquired a British passport prior to the tour. He had believed he would be able to secure reentry based on his longterm residency and family connections.[102] The denial of reentry forced Dumile apart from his wife and three children, and for nearly two years he saw them only via video calls or during their brief visits to the United Kingdom. He was reunited with his family when they moved to London in 2012.[10] The same year, Dumile said he was "done with the United States".[102]
    Looks like he pulled a Kuribo's Shoe. Thats hardly the president's (or vice president's) fault.

No, the president and VP are exactly who should be blamed for the oppressive immigration policies that forced MF DOOM to spend years separated from his family.

sig.gif
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    i believe that trump believes he won

i think hes such a clinical narcissist that he genuinely does not believe he could lose

everyone else tho?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

i think hes such a clinical narcissist that he genuinely does not believe he could lose

everyone else tho?

He absolutely thinks he has never done anything wrong. The vast majority of his life he has been surrounded by "yesmen" and he has never experienced failure that he knows of.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Baked Alaska has pending assault charges in AZ, skipped out on his first court date and left the state when he wasn't supposed to. Don't think that's going to help him get out on bail for this one.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

everyone else tho?

He absolutely thinks he has never done anything wrong. The vast majority of his life he has been surrounded by "yesmen" and he has never experienced failure that he knows of.

He seems to have the ability to imagine something and convince himself that it is true almost instantly.

This discussion has been closed.