As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Sea Fox merchants buy PGI lostech using Terra-based shell company

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Got there. Where do I sign up for my free professional gamer chair?

ir00a1nd6xrt.jpg

Time to work on the event with lights and make the rank bar go back down.
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    I swapped my UV to that build so I could run 8xAC/2 on my Prime.

Good point, I should do the same. Especially since people will assume the UV is the sandblaster till it is too late.

I'm like 400mc away from a UV... so close. I might just buy a cyclops or something instead though, because I can have that *now*.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    RawrBear wrote: »
    Got there. Where do I sign up for my free professional gamer chair?

ir00a1nd6xrt.jpg

Time to work on the event with lights and make the rank bar go back down.
    I swapped my UV to that build so I could run 8xAC/2 on my Prime.

Good point, I should do the same. Especially since people will assume the UV is the sandblaster till it is too late.

I'm like 400mc away from a UV... so close. I might just buy a cyclops or something instead though, because I can have that *now*.

Sleipnir? You'll get more usage out of that than the UV anyway.

• Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    I can't sell the MAD-9MS? Dang it...

• Options
    2xMRM/40, ECM, LFE 325

Its not as agile as the IV-4, but ECM and the narrow MAD profile make it incredibly forgiving.

• Options
    2xMRM/40, ECM, LFE 325

Its not as agile as the IV-4, but ECM and the narrow MAD profile make it incredibly forgiving.

Huh. I have been trying to force it to be an energy thing. I don't like energy weapons.

• Options
    monkeykins wrote: »
    2xMRM/40, ECM, LFE 325

Huh. I have been trying to force it to be an energy thing. I don't like energy weapons.

I’ve seen people run it with 4xERLL for a long range mech in faction play, but it has to fully expose to alpha strike.

There are several variants with MRMs I’ve seen, some people go with a smaller engine to armor up the arms and bring smalls, I’ve also seen 30s instead so they can bring mediums.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I do love MRM. Just so excessive.
    First match- getting dropped in Polar Highlands. Ugh.

It did not go well. Trying to drop to 30s and load up on ERML.

monkeykins on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I had my Tier info not displaying and just realized that the game bumped me down to being Tier 4 since having quit in like March or May of last year, what the fuck.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Henroid wrote: »
    I had my Tier info not displaying and just realized that the game bumped me down to being Tier 4 since having quit in like March or May of last year, what the fuck.

Part of that is a consequence of the global PSR reset. You were probably just recently in Tier 5 and didn't realize it!

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    I don't think I have ever made it out of Tier 5.
    But I just did 472 damage with a JAV, that's not too bad?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I bought a Rifleman IIC, the one with a lot of ballistic hard points. This should be fun.

• Options
    I bought a Rifleman IIC, the one with a lot of ballistic hard points. This should be fun.

I’ve been shot at by enough of those to know they are good.
    I had a game right when they merged the group queues where I was grouped up with 4 of them running maximum ac2s and we camped the far back hill on tourmaline. Most of the opposing team was dead by the time they got within 800m.

• Options
    A lot of UAC or AC 2s are surprisingly effective. Like the first second of being hit is like... whatever. But then it adds up so fast.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    3 kills. 480 damage. Skill ranking down. Sigh.

monkeykins on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

I honestly never paid much attention to the ranking up or down. Just the C-Bills.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options

It’s based on the relative performance (match score) of everyone else in the game, with I think a hefty bonus if you win and a small bonus if you survive.

• Options
    Would need to see the score screen to determine what happened, but here’s a secret:

Tier doesn’t matter.

There are people in Tier 1 who got there thanks to LRM boats and quad AMS RAC Corsairs.

• Options
    Would need to see the score screen to determine what happened, but here’s a secret:

Tier doesn’t matter.

There are people in Tier 1 who got there thanks to LRM boats and quad AMS RAC Corsairs.

I’m feeling very attacked right now. ;)

• Options

Tier doesn’t matter.

Time to take it to the Colosseum for a duel.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Next time I play I'm gonna try having a heavy duty Targeting Computer in that Rifleman I bought. I kinda overdid it with Heat Sinks so I can definitely drop them (I don't have that many to begin with but a couple tons helps toward having a TC bigger than a single ton). Thinking of aiming for a size 4 or 5. Just to see how much impact I can get out of four UACs.

• Options

Tier doesn’t matter.

I freely admit my RAC Corsair carried me a bit >.>

I never could get LRMing to work for me in QP, I’d always have a match where there was a light wolf pack right up my ass after the first volley.

• Options
    Next time I play I'm gonna try having a heavy duty Targeting Computer in that Rifleman I bought. I kinda overdid it with Heat Sinks so I can definitely drop them (I don't have that many to begin with but a couple tons helps toward having a TC bigger than a single ton). Thinking of aiming for a size 4 or 5. Just to see how much impact I can get out of four UACs.

Hmm I don’t have a TC on mine, but I run 9 tons of ammo and a jump jet.

• Options
    edited January 2021

Hmm I don’t have a TC on mine, but I run 9 tons of ammo and a jump jet.
    When I bought mine I replaced the engine with a higher grade XL (280) and slapped in 10 tons of ammo, with a TC1 and a half ton dedicated to the probe equip. And then like 4 tons of heat sinks?

The ammo I'm not sure about cutting back on but am going to in this refit. I actually had a match where I ran out, and no, I wasn't missing shots / shooting into the terrain on purpose. Granted it was just the one match but still, it became possible.

Edit - Oh yeah and Ferro Fibrous because duh.

Henroid on
  • Options

Tier doesn’t matter.

I freely admit my RAC Corsair carried me a bit >.>

I never could get LRMing to work for me in QP, I’d always have a match where there was a light wolf pack right up my ass after the first volley.

The cor is really really good, I honestly don’t see that many missiles all the time but it’s nice knowing if someone brings atms that they don’t get to play. I think it helps that people panic and back off when you spray racs at them.

The only lrm mech I’ve had any luck with was a catapult and I had to direct fire with it so much it just felt like a jester or rac-k2 but with 10 times as much face time and as an added bonus I get to do 10 damage total if the other team brought a COR.

• Options
    Oof, just tried the TC5 idea. It worked out great on the personal performance end, but the match came down to 2v2 and I ran out of ammo just when it got to that point.

All heat sinks gone, two more tons of ammo. That should help. <_<

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Heatsinks are for energy boats.

• Options
    Oof, just tried the TC5 idea. It worked out great on the personal performance end, but the match came down to 2v2 and I ran out of ammo just when it got to that point.

All heat sinks gone, two more tons of ammo. That should help. <_<

Long ago this is why I would always run a SL or cERSL in my ballistic mechs. I only had to use it once when I was in my Sleipnir and was up against two others. One was a laser Timber Wolf and the other was an ammoless mech. The Timber Wolf overheated and exploded while I plinked the other to death with my ERSL (upgraded it just for the range). The other side died of laughter on all chat when the TW self-destructed. I'm guessing they knew I was out of ammo and was trying to tell the TW to ease off the heat.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »

Heatsinks are also for 3x RAC2 Victors.

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    It DOES generate heat with enough sustained fire to be fair.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    So this is the first time I've played a distinctly sniper driven mech and I'm actually kind of digging it. It's incredible to see the amount of chaos you can cause in an enemy line by dealing damage, significant or not, to a couple of them at once. Bonus points if you can hide before they notice where it's coming from (or if they're out of range to retaliate).

I'm always realizing how much more mileage armor gets when you're at distance from enemy. I'm starting to get way less scared of some weapons when taking hits at certain distances because they aren't doing the full 6 on contact or whatever; it's reduced to 1, etc.

Edit - I think what I enjoy most is that this isn't like any other FPS game where you should always be getting headshots and such. It's more thought driven. Know where your team is and wants to move, know the same about the enemy, and then try to influence the enemy to change their plans. I've gotten a lot of people to blow their cover to evade my damage, only to be caught by my team. I like this style of play a LOT. Game is way more interesting now.

Henroid on
  • Options
    I HATE Polar Highlands. Hate it.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    The thought and strategy involved in MWO was immediately apparent to me after a few games. I quite like it, and would play it more if my hands weren't giving me gyp atm.

I'm not entirely sure I like this entirely short ranged brawler focused warhammer build tho. I don't think it suits my playstyle much.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    There are people who build mechs based on landing on that map or the other cold ones. Total amateurs.

• Options
    There are people who build mechs based on landing on that map or the other cold ones. Total amateurs.

Which is why I always vote Terra Therma. People also don't realize that Tourmaline is actually hotter than Caustic.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I played a couple of rounds of MWO last night and tonight to knock the rust off.

The game is still fun! I’m still a dedicated Medium Pilot!

We should all get together and play more.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular

Which is why I always vote Terra Therma. People also don't realize that Tourmaline is actually hotter than Caustic.
    My problem with Caustic is that it effectively has no missile cover. If the enemy gets locks their missiles will just go "oh, pardon me, terrain" and fly like an inch above the surface, hitting you on the other side.

I'm getting to the point where I wish the maps were just plain random; like, yeah, I'd have to endure the shitshow that is Alpine every now and again, but at least I wouldn't keep seeing Canyon/Hibernal winning every time they come up. I haven't played on Viridian in two weeks and it's my favourite map.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Polar Highlands isn't that bad, especially when you have Domination as the game mode. Sure, it forces a nascar more often than not, but it forces a fairly short ranged nascar.

Alpine Peaks on the other hand, can FUCK RIGHT OFF.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I adore Alpine Peaks. It has some actual geometry to it and if your team is willing to cooperate you can have fights play out in different parts of the map instead of the same bullshit all the time.

Edit - The exception being if Alpine Peaks is set on Domination.

Henroid on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    and if your team is willing to cooperate

I'll just leave this here.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Speaking of same bullshit all the time, I'm about to get started with some more MWO stream.