As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] United in Horror at All of This

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I finally completed one of my goals: Legend with every class at least once. Druid was the last one, and Aggro Druid dragged me across the line. It is, IMO, the second least skill intensive deck in the Wild meta right now, behind only Big Priest. But hey, it wins games, and it’s cheap to craft. Gidra could easily be replaced by a Savage Roar.

2x (0) Embiggen
    2x (1) Adorable Infestation
    2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
    2x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
    2x (1) Gibberling
    2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
    2x (1) Living Roots
    2x (1) Mark of the Lotus
    1x (1) Patches the Pirate
    1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
    2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
    1x (2) Cult Neophyte
    2x (2) Nerub'ar Weblord
    2x (2) Parachute Brigand
    2x (2) Power of the Wild
    1x (3) Speaker Gidra
    2x (3) Voracious Reader

Code: AAEBAaa4AwSEF5G8AvXOA4vVAw33A9QF5QeIDugVzbsC/acD+60D6bAD3MwD+cwDxtEDudIDAA==

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    You know a deck/matchup is broken when your opponent can literally be AFK their first two turns and destroy you anyway.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    So... priest?

Paladin right now.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Ern410PXcAAoe7o.jpg
    Welp, first time 1st place with C'thun.

You really do need to jam HP every single turn. And hope you get good HP targets like Div Shields or Cleaves.

I had that Dragonspawn Lieutenant since turn 1, hmmmm~

(Hydra is sitting back there cause I was up against a Dragon comp and I didn't know if they were gonna try to 4D Chess me and have Nadina get cleaved or not)

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Evolve should be silenceable. Silence the evolved minion and it reverts to original version, except silenced.

Not a perfect fix but it would open up more avenues of counterplay given the low base stats of minions in evolve shaman.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Ern410PXcAAoe7o.jpg

You really do need to jam HP every single turn. And hope you get good HP targets like Div Shields or Cleaves.

(Hydra is sitting back there cause I was up against a Dragon comp and I didn't know if they were gonna try to 4D Chess me and have Nadina get cleaved or not)

Yeah, I've seen streamers even HP turn 1 and just take the 2-3 damage instead.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Evolve should be silenceable. Silence the evolved minion and it reverts to original version, except silenced.

Not a perfect fix but it would open up more avenues of counterplay given the low base stats of minions in evolve shaman.

It also shouldn't be a full heal

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    sanstodo wrote: »

It also shouldn't be a full heal

It also shouldn't exist. :D

Grobian wrote: »
    Ern410PXcAAoe7o.jpg

Yeah, I've seen streamers even HP turn 1 and just take the 2-3 damage instead.
    Same. It obviously works best if you can get one of the token minions to show up as your first purchase so you can buy + hero power turn 2. I'm thinking if you don't get a token to freeze on your two turn 1 rolls or show up in the turn 2 roll then maybe you just say fuck it and level on 2 and hope to be able to +2/2 a T2 minion on turn 3?

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    When I played him I literally HPd every turn, so I did the maiev economy and leveled to tier 2 on 6 gold. It worked fine but that's anecdotal.

You should be able to level to T2 on the 5 gold turn too. Just level hero power.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/ky9pqc/darkmoon_races_miniset_coming_january_21/

Miniset is on January 21st.
    You can open the new cards via packs or buy a $15/2000 gold bundle which will give you 1 copy of each legendary and 2 copies of everything else in the miniset (very surprised they're letting us buy this with gold).
    Mechanics will include Spellburst and dual-class cards (interesting to see them return to keywords from past sets when they've been reluctant in the past).
    Battlegrounds and Duels updates on the same day.

Priest Book of Heroes out on February 2nd.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Brian Kibler went 42-18 (70%) w/Highlander Demon Hunter. Now you all have to copy his success. :)

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Brian Kibler went 42-18 (70%) w/Highlander Demon Hunter. Now you all have to copy his success. :)

Sorry, there can be only one.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/ky9pqc/darkmoon_races_miniset_coming_january_21/

You can open the new cards via packs or buy a $15/2000 gold bundle which will give you 1 copy of each legendary and 2 copies of everything else in the miniset (very surprised they're letting us buy this with gold).
    Mechanics will include Spellburst and dual-class cards (interesting to see them return to keywords from past sets when they've been reluctant in the past).

2000 gold for the miniset is surprisingly generous

ObiFett wrote: »

It’s basically the adventure mode without the single player content. Did the mention how many cards that includes?

Regardless, it’s still bullshit and over costed.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

I think they saw that everyone was hoarding their gold and packs, waiting for the new expac. Their analytics likely suggested this was a good way to bleed everyone of their gold, and get them to open packs.

It’s basically the adventure mode without the single player content. Did the mention how many cards that includes?

Regardless, it’s still bullshit and over costed.

35 cards, 4 of which are legendaries.

Wow, that's a ridiculously short lead time from announcement to release. Hell, it hasn't even been announced yet, apparently, since the article was taken down so must have been leaked early?

Being able to buy the full set for one price is a complete shocker and quite commendable. I guess I can open up the small pile of packs I've been saving now? Maybe I'll wait until the full bundle thing is officially available though. Shouldn't be long now.

edited January 2021

Guess they really took all that fuckin' feedback to heart huh

Yknow, fuck me, it'd be nice if they would've SAID SOMETHING instead of just shadowdropping "oh yeah btw you can pay a sum of gold to unlock everything in the set", seriously. Seriously??

Like, hey, don't get me wrong. I appreciate it. It's the right move! But man it would've avoided so much strife if they had just, lead with this. ....But the tinfoil hat in me is thinking they only just recently came up with this in response to the earlier Rewards Track rioting, yknow? So, hey. I'll take it still. That's a nice thing, on their part. Even if I've quit Constructed, I mean, it's good to see they're actually taking this feedback seriously and not just dumping it in the garbage.

forty wrote: »

Wow, that's a ridiculously short lead time from announcement to release. Hell, it hasn't even been announced yet, apparently, since the article was taken down so must have been leaked early?

Being able to buy the full set for one price is a complete shocker and quite commendable. I guess I can open up the small pile of packs I've been saving now? Maybe I'll wait until the full bundle thing is officially available though. Shouldn't be long now.

You should wait to open packs til after the miniset comes out; you'll be able to get dupes and dust em and it'll be worth more dust. Well, either that or it'll mean getting more stuff from the base Darkmoon Faire set (if you haven't gotten everything), but... I suppose it doesn't quite matter either way then, huh?

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    I'm still missing a lot of epics and legendaries from DMF, so it would have been nice to have been opening the extra packs I've been getting a little earlier.

Getting them Cheevos.
    Good old menagerie.
    rawbe0hjjbf5.jpeg

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Nice, not sure what to do. I've got 9,000 gold saved up, and 20 unopened packs.

Guess it depends on how good the new cards are, since I guess we can also create the new cards from dust?

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    Even if every card ended up being useless, the pure dust value you'll be getting for 2,000 gold is likely going to be significantly higher than the expected dust value of buying 20 packs outright, assuming a similar card distribution to other adventures. For example, the disenchant value of all the cards in Galakrond's Awakening is about 3,000 dust.

Realistically, like with every adventure set, at least one legendary will be playable or better, so if you play constructed with any regularity it seems like it would be folly not to buy the bundle with gold (or $, if that's your thing).

VS #185

Evolve Shaman to T3, Miracle still tippy tops though. 6 classes in T1 at Legend, I might actually play some ladder before Thursday.

VS #185

Evolve Shaman to T3, Miracle still tippy tops though.
    fucking-called-it.jpg

Also @zepherin.
    predator3.jpg

edited January 2021
    VS #185

Evolve Shaman to T3, Miracle still tippy tops though.
    fucking-called-it.jpg

Also @zepherin.
    predator3.jpg
    New chonkiest minion

w6du7ni319l3.jpeg

Also looks like zoo warlock is making a comeback... I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for the zoo lock.

zepherin on
    Er86G1tXMAMgDFK.jpg
    Er86IadWMAIz-6C.jpg

Today I got BOTH A.F.Kay achievements!

You, too, can get this for the low low price of losing ~2000 MMR!!! THAT'S RIGHT. GET YOURS TODAY.

fortunately i'm at a point where i don't really care about losing MMR, though. i'd rather play underpowered/fun heroes or try to go for cheevos than playing the same old boring OP ones, yknow?

DNiDlnb.png
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Er86G1tXMAMgDFK.jpg
    Er86IadWMAIz-6C.jpg

Today I got BOTH A.F.Kay achievements!

You, too, can get this for the low low price of losing ~2000 MMR!!! THAT'S RIGHT. GET YOURS TODAY.

fortunately i'm at a point where i don't really care about losing MMR, though. i'd rather play underpowered/fun heroes or try to go for cheevos than playing the same old boring OP ones, yknow?

Once I realized I could break even on MMR around 9k even when being a greedy asshole, my strategy became play for fun and everything will be fine.

My love for highroll heroes is probably unhealthy but leads to some hilarious games.

edited January 2021
    I love getting the Win 5 BGs/Arenas/Duels weekly now, since I end up finishing it with zero effort while AFKing dumpster MMR BGs.

Edit: Oh man, I hit the jackpot. The reset gave me that quest and Finish Top 4 in BGs as my two random weeklies. Easy money!

forty on
    edited January 2021
    How to win against Druid / Mage / Rogue with Quest Shaman?
    Play Ogremancer turn 3.
    This was hilarious.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/BiWoeDTYpYNRqpNGVzsh8U

Edit: Another Druid game that was decided the moment Ogremancer came into play:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/UsePnhk8HYh55nC8rMMreB

Edit 2 : A rogue this time:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/TJYRbTVTxXYePjeXt8MG99

Edit 3: Here A Hunter just stops in it's tracks after I play the card.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/d3fop5u2tCvtPEwRxjD6Ca

Decklist:

### Double Trouble
    # Class: Shaman
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
    # 2x (1) Tour Guide
    # 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
    # 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
    # 1x (1) Corrupt the Waters
    # 2x (2) Wandmaker
    # 2x (2) Sandstorm Elemental
    # 2x (2) Novice Engineer
    # 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
    # 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
    # 1x (3) Instructor Fireheart
    # 1x (4) Sky Gen'ral Kragg
    # 2x (4) Dunk Tank
    # 2x (4) Circus Medic
    # 2x (5) Ogremancer
    # 2x (5) Cumulo-Maximus
    # 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, the Defiler
    #
    AAECAeD5AwThqAPztwOczgP83gMNnAK0kQPGmQPPpQPtrQPgzAObzQP7zgP+0QOO1APw1AOz3AOn3gMA
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    # Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/replay/BiWoeDTYpYNRqpNGVzsh8U

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Safe to say the boggspine nerf was actually a very smart one, then!

That's actually refreshing to see, glad the entire class didn't get obliterated as a result of a nerf.

edited January 2021
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Play Ogremancer turn 3.
    This was hilarious.

Decklist:

### Double Trouble
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
    # 2x (1) Tour Guide
    # 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
    # 2x (2) Wandmaker
    # 2x (2) Novice Engineer
    # 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
    # 2x (4) Dunk Tank
    # 2x (4) Circus Medic
    # 2x (5) Ogremancer
    # 2x (5) Cumulo-Maximus
    #
    AAECAeD5AwThqAPztwOczgP83gMNnAK0kQPGmQPPpQPtrQPgzAObzQP7zgP+0QOO1APw1AOz3AOn3gMA
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
    Any reason you went with novice engineer over questing adventurer explorer?

zepherin on
    zepherin wrote: »
    Play Ogremancer turn 3.
    This was hilarious.

Decklist:

### Double Trouble
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
    # 2x (1) Tour Guide
    # 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
    # 2x (2) Wandmaker
    # 2x (2) Novice Engineer
    # 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
    # 2x (4) Dunk Tank
    # 2x (4) Circus Medic
    # 2x (5) Ogremancer
    # 2x (5) Cumulo-Maximus
    #
    Any reason you went with novice engineer over questing adventurer?

I'd guess because Novice Engineer draws a card and advances the Battlecry quest (where it becomes 2 mana, draw 2).

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    zepherin wrote: »
    Play Ogremancer turn 3.
    This was hilarious.

Decklist:

### Double Trouble
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
    # 2x (1) Tour Guide
    # 2x (1) Sludge Slurper
    # 2x (2) Wandmaker
    # 2x (2) Novice Engineer
    # 2x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
    # 2x (4) Dunk Tank
    # 2x (4) Circus Medic
    # 2x (5) Ogremancer
    # 2x (5) Cumulo-Maximus
    #
    Any reason you went with novice engineer over questing adventurer?

I'd guess because Novice Engineer draws a card and advances the Battlecry quest (where it becomes 2 mana, draw 2).
    I meant questing explorer which draws a card is a 2/3 and advances the quest.

I think the issue is that Questing becomes a River Croc after you complete the quest. It's amazing if you draw it early, but not being able to cycle with it as a later game draw really hurts.

GmQDzqE.png

Hearthstone is very confused.

I think the issue is that Questing becomes a River Croc after you complete the quest. It's amazing if you draw it early, but not being able to cycle with it as a later game draw really hurts.
    Fair, but on curve questing is the best 2 mana card to play.

I run 2 of them on all of my quest decks.

edited January 2021

Yeah, this. The Shaman Quest can be done so quickly that Questing just becomes a dead draw to often, while my other draws double up.

Seeing how much of the deck can be played early, the upside of having a 2/3 early is diminished as well. This deck needs the draw, not the body.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!