As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW Classic] More full servers than Live.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Strictly speaking, never

• AllyxiaAllyxia Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    did you try gitting gud

whats that

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Allyxia wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    did you try gitting gud

whats that

Is that one of those legendary items that's supposed to drop?

edited January 2021
    MAYBE

or maybe it's something from TBC and BOWEN KNOWS WHEN TBC IS COMING

Allyxia on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular

RD naxx progression!

hopefully our patchwerk tightens up!

also gimme ur prime dollarinos

J3qcnBP.png
    one shot batchwerk tonight

NO MORE PLAY

Our patchwork did tighten up!

I'm not gonna lie, I don't mind having the imp for that fight because it's just a loss if the offtanks die, but both kills I've been like a decimal behind kujou for lock dps and it's like this wistful "but what if I had 15% more shadow damage" kind of feeling.

What does bother me was losing multiple thaddius attempts to different nonsense issues each time. We need to kill that jerk cause all the casters need pants! We're immodest!

Our patchwork did tighten up!

I'm not gonna lie, I don't mind having the imp for that fight because it's just a loss if the offtanks die, but both kills I've been like a decimal behind kujou for lock dps and it's like this wistful "but what if I had 15% more shadow damage" kind of feeling.

What does bother me was losing multiple thaddius attempts to different nonsense issues each time. We need to kill that jerk cause all the casters need pants! We're immodest!

Put me in coach, I'll shadowweave 8-)

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I need to replace my stupid T2 hat that I've had since September of 2019.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    Have you considered offering it to Garr for the T1 hat

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Our patchwerk has been smooth as something real smooth since we waited ~5 seconds with dps. Just enough time for each tank to get a hateful and start pumping threat.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Our patchwerk has been smooth as something real smooth since we waited ~5 seconds with dps. Just enough time for each tank to get a hateful and start pumping threat.

You don't need to wait for "each OT hateful" just OTs getting into their lanes because their relative threat isn't important and the hateful threat is to ALL of them, top four threat table gets the bonus threat on every cast of hateful, hit or miss.

What we've arrived on seems pretty foolproof now, MT goes in, OTs battle shout / faerie fire to get on table without missing or critting, DPS called on once they're all in there and moving up.

OrokosPA.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Presumably Faerie Fire can be resisted but I'm not sure what else Bearen could do

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I think even the resist puts me on the table since I'm standing there.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Infidel wrote: »

You don't need to wait for "each OT hateful" just OTs getting into their lanes because their relative threat isn't important and the hateful threat is to ALL of them, top four threat table gets the bonus threat on every cast of hateful, hit or miss.

What we've arrived on seems pretty foolproof now, MT goes in, OTs battle shout / faerie fire to get on table without missing or critting, DPS called on once they're all in there and moving up.

Huh, didn't know hatefuls actually gave extra threat. But anything that keeps dps calm for a few seconds more is nice (more than half our thaddius wipes are to dps pulling adds off the platform).

Huh, didn't know hatefuls actually gave extra threat. But anything that keeps dps calm for a few seconds more is nice (more than half our thaddius wipes are to dps pulling adds off the platform).

yup that's PW's mechanism for making sure you can pump on that fight

bonus threat to all the tanks, I basically have unlimited rage during that fight too

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

Yeah, like you're still doing it more or less right, however understanding exactly what's going on can help you avoid the heartbreaking execution wipe.

We downed PW for the first time with world buffs, no problem! EZ!

Did the "exact same thing" the next week and wiped, had to save him for our second raid night to try it again but we spent some pulls on him to work out our execution and finally have it nailed down for something the most reliable we can come up with.

Even if you're 90% good with your pull, we want to avoid that 10% chance that we lose a tank on pull because it absolutely sets us back, we have a strict schedule we keep to so it cost us progression this week and at least a Thaddius first kill imo.

OrokosPA.png
    We've done half our kills sans WBs, which is nice. One of them actually after we wiped with WBs due to dps going in hard at the start and then a safe clean kill when people waited a few seconds.

We've been rather lucky in that we've gotten a ton of warrior/rogue pieces so our tanks are beefy as hell. Even without WBs we usually have 4 who can soak hatefuls, even if they occasionally get oneshot by the enraged ones when they forget stoneshield towards the end.

We've done half our kills sans WBs, which is nice. One of them actually after we wiped with WBs due to dps going in hard at the start and then a safe clean kill when people waited a few seconds.

We've been rather lucky in that we've gotten a ton of warrior/rogue pieces so our tanks are beefy as hell. Even without WBs we usually have 4 who can soak hatefuls, even if they occasionally get oneshot by the enraged ones when they forget stoneshield towards the end.

Our tanks and heals would probably be fine without wbuffs, it is more our dps is very Dad Guild so we have some pumpers and some less-so, wbuffs helps make up for it. :D

OrokosPA.png

Our tanks and heals would probably be fine without wbuffs, it is more our dps is very Dad Guild so we have some pumpers and some less-so, wbuffs helps make up for it. :D

[Citation needed] on heals.

Isn't sustaining the fight without going OOM the whole thing, where wbuffs aren't nearly as important as the other consumes you bring?

OrokosPA.png
    Isn't sustaining the fight without going OOM the whole thing, where wbuffs aren't nearly as important as the other consumes you bring?

Hakkar buff is worth a considerable amount of mana.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Some of those world buffs give you more mana and crit, which is free heals for Paladins.

uyvfOQy.png

Starting mana or regen?

Cause we're looking at "can we drop flasks" so I think it comes back to the whole "we need dps to put out."

OrokosPA.png

Starting mana or regen?

Cause we're looking at "can we drop flasks" so I think it comes back to the whole "we need dps to put out."

Both, but mostly starting.

Wbuffs also give a bunch of spirit for innervates for druids, my innervate feels incredibly anemic once ZG buff and zanza buff are gone.

I'd say like... 4 more weeks and he's something we can do without world buffs.

We gotta make up for lackluster AQ loot I think

We might be able to do it without world buffs but it'd take forever; on DPS they're like a free extra set of mega consumables.

Doing it without flasks is a much more realistic and likely-to-be-attained-soon goal, though

Hey I'm a pumper!

I'm unfortunately also a warlock

edited January 2021
    Holy shit yes Loatheb down.

We did a few dry pulls last time and got the fight down. Today we came in buffed to the gills, drowning in pots. I was absolutely terrified we would mess up and waste it all... and instead we get a pretty stable kill. It was close to the wire, but he is dead and we're 11/15!

Edit: 12/15, Gothik down in a few pulls! Then we stared at horsemen for a while while discussing tactics and got 2 pulls in before raid end. Next week we should get some solid tries on them as long as we make sure to respect the bosses we killed already.

Frozenzen on
    as long as we make sure to respect the bosses we killed already.

The true challenge.

OrokosPA.png
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    What was the deal with the giant Frankenstein's monster looking bosses and the red/blue stuff from Sunday?

jdarksun wrote: »
    What was the deal with the giant Frankenstein's monster looking bosses and the red/blue stuff from Sunday?

That's my good friend Chaddius

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I thought Chaddius was this guy?
    364phmzlh421.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • worksintheoryworksintheory Registered User regular
    Have you considered offering it to Garr for the T1 hat

gottem

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    tonight!

<RD> returns!!!

the goal is as many bosses as possible (lets go 9/15 one night!)

8pm server stream starts! be there and give me ur dollarinos

also i got DFT so i can finally vendor this counterattack lodestone

J3qcnBP.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Hey, this isn't a place to promote your twitch streams

Soooo, how many peeps here are making a space goat shammy at the start of TBC

Chaddius down. I repeat. Chaddius. Down.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Soooo, how many peeps here are making a space goat shammy at the start of TBC

200.gif

This discussion has been closed.