As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PODCASTS] the backlog is real

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Management is such an important skill, it sucks that society is so prone to selecting and promoting managers that suck at it

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    A lot of folks have had bosses and think that qualifies them to be bosses

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

I feel like this is most jobs. The number of times I've heard people tell me that they went to a school therefor they know everything about teaching.

I'm sure you've heard lots of people say that they've watched TV shows so writing them is easy.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    Reading the full article, it is such an obvious management fuck up holy shit. Not having a shared database to pull things like shaders from, not enforcing a common language for all meeting despite hiring a bunch of non-polish developers, forcing them to make a demo that didn’t reflect the game at all so months were wasted for a smokescreen, announcing a release date that no one actually thought they could meet and dismissing those concerns, and then having to push the release date back multiple times because of not listening to their developers. If the world was just at all, those managers would be the ones who would be fired over this.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Management is such an important skill, it sucks that society is so prone to selecting and promoting managers that suck at it

Case in point they're trying to make me a lead at work and I am fucking TERRIBLE at it. I delegate poorly and don't do well when I'm getting needled with questions and requests from all directions and don't handle stress well.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

See I’ve had bosses and I think I am definitely unqualified to be a boss

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I harbour no feelings of competence in any arena

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I've been a baby and I know that doesn't qualify me to be a boss baby.

We'll all be boss babies in the end

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

edited January 2021
    never die wrote: »
    august wrote: »

So it was the same thing BioWare did- a belief they had a special skill that would make everything come together, and ground out their employees to meet that instead of facing reality.

And now after declining to answer questions for this article, CDPR has decided to selectively weigh in on a couple points. Pretty weak stuff! Not even an attempt to respond to the stuff about crunch!

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    it's amazing that these companies let their CEOs post on twitter

I actually don't know what the CDPR ownership situation is like is it like a Gearbox thing where a Pitchfordian figure has extreme latitude and any sort of apalling autoburlesque is feasibly possible at any moment

Steam ID
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    the guiding philosophy of all bosses is "cmon. just do it. figure it out. it'll be fine. cmon."

PNk1Ml4.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    That's a lot lower than I was expecting tbh

• TefTef Registered User regular
    You are not worth $3,600,000 p/a, Adam!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I’ll do the job for only 1 million! I’m a steal!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Dan McCoy spending the duration of Wild Mountain Thyme just utterly wracked with emotion brought to weeping not once nor twice but thrice is very good

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    tag yourself I'm roman helmet bdsm dwarf

wY6K6Jb.gif

For a second I thought that was Cliff’s character from The Adventure Zone.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    We don't know what Merl gets up to on his free time

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think we know a lot about what merl gets up to actually

liEt3nH.png
    on the clock, sure

on his free time, away from the judging eyes of god and society?

who's to say

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Watching the most recent Hot Spot and it's Jeff, Vinny and Brad ranking all of the previous Top Tens. (Both the overall top ten as well as the Game of the Year for that year) and going into what they think about their picks now. It was going really good, with three people it was easy enough for a consensus to be reached...

Until a little over an hour in when Brad decided to stop contributing to the list so he could make his own list. Literally declining to participate in the act of ranking.

Undead Scottsman on
    every podcast needs a villain

I'm always available btw

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Ha, Jeff just tried to
    Put Mario Maker above Mass Effect 2
    and Brad immediately got back on board with helping rank the list

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    jeff would be correct to do so!

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

For a second I thought that was Cliff’s character from The Adventure Zone.

You meant Clint?

Ive certainly never considered it before now but the names Cliff and Clint do appear to be utterly interchangeable if I knew someone for decades for my whole life as Clint and they were like "actually it's Cliff" I wouldn't blink

I'm can't be relied upon to remember the MBMBAM dad's name. I can barely remember my co-workers/my own name at times!

Catching up on We Hate Movies with The Adventures of Remo Williams, them reviewing pictorial evidence of Cloud Atlas at 45:00 is just exceptionally fucking funny

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I once forgot the name of a woman I went on two dates with and a friend made fun of me for it.

I remember now though.

If I shake your hand I'll remember your name for the rest of my life, no shake and youre dust

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    This is a wild thing to ask, but does anyone have that tweet that is making fun of David Cage with the guy who made Neir Automata and it goes like

Cage: Can robots be people?
    Yoko Taro: Can People?
    Cage: What?
    Yoko Taro: can people be people?
    Cage: I do not understand

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    GG how

how did you do that

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Catching up on We Hate Movies with The Adventures of Remo Williams, them reviewing pictorial evidence of Cloud Atlas at 45:00 is just exceptionally fucking funny

Thanks for dragging that Remo Williams movie out of the depths of my memory.

I can't think about anything else now.

This discussion has been closed.