As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Sea Fox merchants buy PGI lostech using Terra-based shell company

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Took a sec to shake the rust off but, I still got it:

cw3ytihurs75.png

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    ... Is that 694 match score in a Kit Fox?

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Henroid wrote: »
    ... Is that 694 match score in a Kit Fox?

Pew pew lasers!

(It is.)

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    That's really high damage for a kitfox. Nice work.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Okay I did something silly with my Crab. I upgraded its engine to the highest (I think) XL grade it could carry (it previously had a 270ish standard). Its speed is just shy of 100kph now, and with six MPLs it's become a hit-and-run harasser.

Anyone else misread this and picture a 100 ton assault stomping around at 100 kph with a half dozen pew pew guns on it?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Okay I did something silly with my Crab. I upgraded its engine to the highest (I think) XL grade it could carry (it previously had a 270ish standard). Its speed is just shy of 100kph now, and with six MPLs it's become a hit-and-run harasser.

Anyone else misread this and picture a 100 ton assault stomping around at 100 kph with a half dozen pew pew guns on it?
    brb going to the garage.

... actually, my nephew has a short day in (remote) school today, so in a couple of hours I might do a short (no-mic) stream of tooling around in MWO, if you guys wanna do a talk-shop sort of thing.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

Until you pointed this out, that's exactly what I thought was going on

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

Until you pointed this out, that's exactly what I thought was going on
    Well now I'm going to change my Crab's nickname to like... Duke. Or Peasant. Just to get the distinction clearer. :(

• Options
    Stream idea is a no-go, stupid ISP.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Assassination missions where the enemy extraction zone is right next to the target are bullshit.

That is all.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    I just got started in Battletech, and I’ve played it up to where the game is opening up and I have some input in where we go and what we do next. I’m digging it so far, as a longtime fan of the board game (more specifically, the miniatures rules variation).

And I’m quite happy with my character and backstory. Nicholas “Hammer” Amirault, mysterious exile from the Deep Periphery, former merchant guard and CO of the eponymous Hammer’s Marauders. Has a nice ring to it. Though it’d be nice to be able to rename it to Hammer’s Slammers. About to dive into the mech customization.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    You can rename your mercenary group in the company customization screen so get to it! On the Leapard I think it’s the Atlas model.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    You can rename your mercenary group in the company customization screen so get to it! On the Leapard I think it’s the Atlas model.

Oh, snap, I just saw that. Hammer’s Slammers have arrived in the Periphery. It will never be the same.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options

Oh, snap, I just saw that. Hammer’s Slammers have arrived in the Periphery. It will never be the same.

Oh how true that statement is. Go get 'em Colonel Hammer.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I named mine the Coromodiri Stormcrows. Based on how the player character ends up with them, and the role they play in the story. Well, that, and I just liked the sound of it.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Morninglord's Marauders didn't need changing.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Henroid's Hellhounds reporting for duty. If the money is right.

And you aren't a Capellan.

Or from House Kurita.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular

Or from House Kurita.

But Henroid!

I'm a Kuritan who defected to the Capellans!

• Options
    MechMantis wrote: »

Or from House Kurita.

But Henroid!

Looks like you're on your own then!

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »

Or from House Kurita.

But Henroid!

Looks like you're on your own then!

:(

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Grinning Moon Dragoons. No job is too big. No fee is too big.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Canterlot Legion, reporting in.

Spreading friendship and harmony across the 'verse, one gauss slug at a time.

(Also, something about rainbows...y'know...'cuz lasers are light and what-not...it's too early for brain to work good)

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    My merc outfit is always called Stompy Club. I may have stolen that name from this forum but can’t remember for sure.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    So, I played enough this weekend to complete all of the Weekend Warrior tasks except for the Light mech one (because I am not now, nor have I ever been, an even mildly competent light pilot).

Apparently, I failed to take any screenshots, because I was using the print screen key instead of the Steam screenshot key. Oops? Anyway, like a 700+ point game in a double AC/20 King Crab was the best single round, but the most bestest work was done in my RAC/5 + MRM20 Centurion. I love damage hoses!

• Options
    To be fair, the goal of the tasks was counter to the nature of Light Mechs. So don't sweat it if you couldn't get it done. It took me a LOT of rounds to get proper credit.

• Options
    To be fair, the goal of the tasks was counter to the nature of Light Mechs. So don't sweat it if you couldn't get it done. It took me a LOT of rounds to get proper credit.

No, I mean, like, even apart from the requirements of this event, I am not a good light pilot. I don't like scouting, I don't do hit and runs, I don't have the trigger / aiming discipline necessary to use a 6 SPLAS scalpel, I don't like bouncing like a maniac all over the place, etc.

I brawl. I consider it a successful match if I end up with 250 damage done and 500 taken, walking around with a Centurion missing a left arm, left leg, and everything else cherry red. :D

One of my favorite matches of the weekend was on Forest Colony (Classic)!, where the team was engaging the enemy at somewhere around the midline, and there was some asshole enemy in the back launching, like, LRM80s into the melee. I broke off, circled around through the river and between the boat hulls, and snuck up behind them - only to find out that another member of my team, also in a Centurion, had done basically the same thing. Between the two of us, we took him out in, like, 30s (woulda been faster but my RAC5 jammed after just a couple shots). I then proceed back towards the middle with my Cent Friend and came up behind a Marauder IIC. I targeted it, and waited for the incoming missiles. Then we both opened up on it as the missiles started hitting, so the pilot couldn't easily tell we were there. That one went pretty quickly, too, and then it was kind of a mop-up operation. Great match.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

No, I mean, like, even apart from the requirements of this event, I am not a good light pilot. I don't like scouting, I don't do hit and runs, I don't have the trigger / aiming discipline necessary to use a 6 SPLAS scalpel, I don't like bouncing like a maniac all over the place, etc.

I brawl. I consider it a successful match if I end up with 250 damage done and 500 taken, walking around with a Centurion missing a left arm, left leg, and everything else cherry red. :D

One of my favorite matches of the weekend was on Forest Colony (Classic)!, where the team was engaging the enemy at somewhere around the midline, and there was some asshole enemy in the back launching, like, LRM80s into the melee. I broke off, circled around through the river and between the boat hulls, and snuck up behind them - only to find out that another member of my team, also in a Centurion, had done basically the same thing. Between the two of us, we took him out in, like, 30s (woulda been faster but my RAC5 jammed after just a couple shots). I then proceed back towards the middle with my Cent Friend and came up behind a Marauder IIC. I targeted it, and waited for the incoming missiles. Then we both opened up on it as the missiles started hitting, so the pilot couldn't easily tell we were there. That one went pretty quickly, too, and then it was kind of a mop-up operation. Great match.

See, you could do that in a Light but much faster! Take the 6SPL Locust and just run behind. Target lock and wait for the missiles to start hitting the enemy mech. Then unload all your lasers into a rear side torso or just the CT if you want. Wash rinse repeat... Till you get to the level where people actually watch their rears then you're toast like you said.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Have you tried Urbies? No bouncing around, tanky little pocket assaults?

You could go hardcore with a standard engine and an AC/20.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    As a light pilot primarily, I respect players that have the... willpower, is perhaps the right word, to play a heavy or assault mech (exempting the rare heavy that can hustle at 100kph anyway). I just can't do it. I hate having to decide where I am going to fight in advance and being stuck there. Knowing there is no way for me to get out of the situation.

Give me my 100+ kph lights where I can race around the battlefield at the speed of thought, where I can make a bad decision and then instantly bail on it, where I can quickly respond to the ebb and flow of a fight and create local superiorities on a whim.

That's probably why my KFX-PR is my favorite mech? I've got ECM, I've got three AMS. I have tremendous respect for my assault pilots and I will help convey them to where they can win. I can rush to an out of position assault , bust the enemy locks on him, gun down the incoming missiles. I can poke and harass with my lasers to take heat and pressure off of them. When an enemy aggressively dives them and they can't escape, I can wrap and counter dive and hammer them in the back.

And, ultimately, when the assault I am working with does something truly hopeless, I can wish them the best, and dash away to another strong point.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Have you tried Urbies? No bouncing around, tanky little pocket assaults?

You could go hardcore with a standard engine and an AC/20.
    Watch people target you, then turn around and go somewhere else.

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

See, you could do that in a Light but much faster! Take the 6SPL Locust and just run behind. Target lock and wait for the missiles to start hitting the enemy mech. Then unload all your lasers into a rear side torso or just the CT if you want. Wash rinse repeat... Till you get to the level where people actually watch their rears then you're toast like you said.

Nah, 'cause I'd've died 5 minutes prior when I rounded a corner into a pair of heavies and a medium. :D With a Cent, I can torso twist the damage pretty well, and managed to soak the vast majority of the damage onto my shield arm. Instead, I was able to buy enough time and do enough damage for a couple of allies to arrive and push them back. :D

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Nah, 'cause I'd've died 5 minutes prior when I rounded a corner into a pair of heavies and a medium. :D With a Cent, I can torso twist the damage pretty well, and managed to soak the vast majority of the damage onto my shield arm. Instead, I was able to buy enough time and do enough damage for a couple of allies to arrive and push them back. :D

See, you're just playing it wrong. You need to hang back if you spot a medium or more than one mech. Just kidding, yeah I understand since I play all the different weight classes. I love Lights over the others since it allows me to get into matches much faster than the others. Plus the adrenaline rush you get having to dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge is just too enticing. Just don't drive a car after playing a few matches though. When I'm in a punishing and need to punch people in the face I always head towards my Heavy or Assault class mechs. That way I just face tank them to death and giggle like a maniac while doing so. Mediums allow me to play both and I love their variety. The only thing I don't have the patience for is LRMing or PPCing people to death. I have done it though, but just not my cup of tea having to hide in the blob waiting for the right time to strike (or sniping with PPCs).

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options

See, you're just playing it wrong. You need to hang back if you spot a medium or more than one mech. Just kidding, yeah I understand since I play all the different weight classes. I love Lights over the others since it allows me to get into matches much faster than the others. Plus the adrenaline rush you get having to dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge is just too enticing. Just don't drive a car after playing a few matches though. When I'm in a punishing and need to punch people in the face I always head towards my Heavy or Assault class mechs. That way I just face tank them to death and giggle like a maniac while doing so. Mediums allow me to play both and I love their variety. The only thing I don't have the patience for is LRMing or PPCing people to death. I have done it though, but just not my cup of tea having to hide in the blob waiting for the right time to strike (or sniping with PPCs).

I have fun occasionally LRMing people, but I only do it in 'mechs where I mount, like, an LRM30A and an assortment of lasers. Standing back 1000m while everyone else does the dirty work and you just point and click is boring.

But LRMing someone on the approach and then dancing around at 300m while you make it rain fire is lots of fun.

• Options
    My experience in my Crab has me revisiting the freebie Phoenix Hawk given out in December and managing its playstyle a touch, I'm finding it to actually be a really good combatant. After I get its Firepower skills enabled it'll actually be pretty deadly. By my math, the medium lasers will have their duration cut to near pulse laser time.

• Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    So, 4-RAC2 or 4-UAC2 in a Rifleman?

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    4xRAC/2 triggers ghost heat so I wouldn't.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Could you do 2 Rac2, 2 UAC2 without ghost heat?
    Lots of bullets to reach out and touch someone with...

• Options

Could you do 2 Rac2, 2 UAC2 without ghost heat?
    Lots of bullets to reach out and touch someone with...

Looks like they aren't in the same gh family, so it should be good.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Don't let fear stop you from doing great things.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Also, if I remember, 4xRAC2s is fairly manageable in terms of ghost heat. Like, you won't be able to just lean on the trigger, but it's fine for ruining somebody's day. If you really want to use too many RACs that it becomes just outright unfeasible, triple-RAC5s will almost instantly overheat you once they start firing.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |