As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tabletop Games are RADch

19495969798100»

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Hate to double post but I can’t get this out of my head now:

Gloomjog.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Edit: Damnit I should have checked the last page

MechMantis on
  • Options
    In my latest game, Gloomjog, you play as independent agents in Money Town.

Classes:
    Computer Man
    Edge Lord
    Friend with a Car
    High Fashionista
    Magic User
    Jon is Weirdly Fixated on Guns

Races:
    Race is a societal construct with no significant meaning, primarily defined as we see it now by the West.
    Instead players roll on over fifty tables to define their physical attributes and features, and then choose a title they feel is appropriate, like “orc” or “from Florida”.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'll choose to be an Edge Lord from Florida

*sweats in his black latex trenchcoat*

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    My most recent Shadowrun character was from Florida

It was expressed through the use of old Disney theme park animatronics as drones

He also lived in an RV in the Florida Keys and primarily ate cup noodles

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

I think I went to high school with you. Were you by chance ever accused of masturbating under said trenchcoat during Coach Kidd's AP chemistry class?

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options

I think I went to high school with you. Were you by chance ever accused of masturbating under said trenchcoat during Coach Kidd's AP chemistry class?

No, but that sounds like a dude I was close friends with in highschool here in Texas lol

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    There's a good chance that every High School TTRPG community had an instance of That Guy. Like Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny from Pokemon. At least, until 1999 when they all very urgently had to go find something else to be their new signature clothing item.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    My last Shadowrun character was a Virginian hillbilly elf who raced dirtbikes. He brought nothing of value to the team. I miss him every day.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Last Year, I pounced all over Dune: Imperium. The girl I'm dating approves, but it didn't dethrone Clank with my other friends (not that I don't love Clank.)

I think I just like Deckbuilders with Boards so I recently picked up Viscounts of the West Kingdom. But man, setup and learning it have been a pain in the ass. I gave up when the Noble-focused AI opponent caused an overwhelming chain reaction. I'll retackle this, I promise.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    God I wish Shadowrun just sorted it shit out and had someone who at least knew how to tailor crunch to make an experience rather than give the world's most undermade jar of peanut butter.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    the last time I played shadowrun was over 20 years ago
    It was the book that gave you a lot more of the high powered and assault weapons and more body mods plus the rules to go negative with your ? rating it's all foggy memory as I remember the book but not a lot about it other than what I did
    I went from a street thug to full on merc we quit as it got unfun so I ran back to Vampire dark ages
    God I wish Shadowrun just sorted it shit out and had someone who at least knew how to tailor crunch to make an experience rather than give the world's most undermade jar of peanut butter.

It was messier back in the 2.0 era then 3.0 pissed off people I skip a step as I don't know got back into it sadly just for the lore with the 20th av edition and don't know where it goes from there

• Options
    ozj57ginr2uc.gif

• Options
    I keep reading that as, "Gloomjob" like it's a spooky blowjob or something

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Cyberpunk: Red with my custom London set up just played this scenario.

They went full Fuck Grandpa and both defrauded him and took the pay off.

Most Ethical Criminals.

• Options
    edited January 2021

That’s my rules-light Vampire: the Masquerade game.

Edit:
    But moving on as that bit is now complete, I’ll take a look at that @Albino Bunny

How are you finding the Red hack?

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    I mean I hacked it super lightly to be less shitty humanity rules barf garbage, less automatics and less HP.

It's fine.

Red is just 2020 but more serviceable gear, better netrunning and the combat is weak as shit feeling garbage compared to 2020's "and then the solo made 2 dudes a turn's heads fucking explode with just a glock" fear of violence.

• Options
    Light as is was, those were the best choices you could make.

Looks like a wrap for this thread.

• Options
    I'm glad one of my threads ran it's course. Good luck to whomever starts the next TTRPG thread.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Don't knock it until you try it.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Ray Stantz approved

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2021
    Someone make a new thread and post a link here

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Someone make a new thread and post a link here

Here ya go!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
This discussion has been closed.