As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Okay, I'll try this againnnnnnnn

I still have never beat Shaper or Elder or whatever else (Atziri, Double Atziri, Chris Wilson, Trump) after 1100.1 hours

Tell me a build that is fucking dumb, fun, and will beat Shaper/Elder with a minimum of PoeTrade fuckery and with league-begin budget

Also: And please tell me that the Garden and whatever else is gone

My God it was S O

F U C K I N G

C L U N K Y

Just lie to me if it's not

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Gardens are back but they're pre-filled with plants and you just pick a bunch to activate and move on

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

I still have never beat Shaper or Elder or whatever else (Atziri, Double Atziri, Chris Wilson, Trump)

Tell me a build that is fucking dumb, fun, and will beat Shaper/Elder with a minimum of PoeTrade fuckery and with league-begin budget

Summoner, prolly

Of bones or zombs or spectres or golems it don't matter

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Ziz has a couple of really solid builds for this league. I don't know that ED/Cont will take you to Atziri or w/e, but it's great at getting you a solid base to plan a stronger build on. Selfcast DD has been pretty breezy, and should be pretty good at popping bosses. Necromancer or Inquisitor. Blade Blast Blade Fall Chieftain is a bit of a pain to get to level ~38, but when you hit 38 you could probably actually play while sleeping until ~90.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    The number of times I die when I'm spamming Flame Dash to get out of a situation is too high. The game gives no indication that it's not working, I'm just stuck, hitting a spell that isn't on CD, that I have plenty of mana to cast, and isn't locked out, but instead of dashing I just stand there and die looking like an idiot. I'm fairly sure Arcane Cloak doesn't actually do anything except take half my mana. It's never saved me from anything.

Every time I start to get in to this game this is the kind of clunkyness that turns me off.

Flame Dash has a distance it can travel, if you click further than that distance, your character will walk forward until they can Flame Dash and *land* where you clicked. I'm assuming what is happening is you are clicking too far and your character tries to walk to the spot they can flame dash, but enemies are blocking you.

The fix is to click on Flame Dash on your skill bar an select the "always attack without moving". With this on, when you click too far, your character will flame dash as far as they can in that direction, but you won't necessarily end up where your cursor is.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I've decided to jump into this league. Starting off with Zizaran's "Cyclone Slayer Leaguestarter". Spinning and winning seems like a good plan.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

I still have never beat Shaper or Elder or whatever else (Atziri, Double Atziri, Chris Wilson, Trump) after 1100.1 hours

My God it was S O

F U C K I N G

C L U N K Y

Just played an Armageddon Brand Elementalist that was pretty ridiculous and braindead. Cast your shit and then just focus on not taking damage. Pretty tanky, needs no uniques. You can throw my account in Path of building; username is Frolic, character is BridleForTheDonkey.

Atziri is pretty simple if you have reflection immunity.

Carnarvon on
    Carnarvon wrote: »

My God it was S O

F U C K I N G

C L U N K Y

Just played an Armageddon Brand Elementalist that was pretty ridiculous and braindead. Cast your shit and then just focus on not taking damage. Pretty tanky, needs no uniques. You can throw my account in Path of building; username is Frolic, character is BridleForTheDonkey.

Did you go on hit, or ignite?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    why go armageddon brand when u can waste more links and go arcanist brand firestorm

its like armageddon brand but its not

obF2Wuw.png
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Having trouble getting into a character.

Think it's because I don't have anything I'm really into to watch on my other monitor, and leveling in PoE in softcore doesn't exactly demand my full faculties.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    remove all ur points from life nodes, wear veil of the night

bam instant action game experience

obF2Wuw.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Veil of Night: Great Helm or Greatest Helm?

edited January 2021
    before there was dot damage all over the place many moons ago i made a max block reflect witch using that, tempest shield and the anvil

highly POWERFUL

actually i used that in my immortal jugg build because he had infinite health and couldnt die im pretty sure (didnt need resistances because of % reductions, immunities and enormous flat hp regen every single frame due to broken mechanics)

only downside was it did no damage and crashed the servers when i scaled it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mAKFGG_vCU

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    So I'm doing Spin to Win but it's a delayed Spin to Win.

In fact, I'll probably be level 70 before I ever equip Cyclone.

Ball Lightning CoC Cyclone Scion.

The upside is BL is hella satisfying to use. Just watch its slow ass mow down entire legions.

jungleroomx on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So I started playing this league after a few leagues off. There seems to be some weird performance issues? Any time I load into a zone (particularly towns) it takes a shockingly long time to load assets. Massive texture pop-in in the world and in inventory that tanks my framerate for a good 5-10 seconds. Anyone else experience this/have a solution?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    So I started playing this league after a few leagues off. There seems to be some weird performance issues? Any time I load into a zone (particularly towns) it takes a shockingly long time to load assets. Massive texture pop-in in the world and in inventory that tanks my framerate for a good 5-10 seconds. Anyone else experience this/have a solution?

I had this issue. Switching to Vulkan solved it mostly (there's still texture pop-in on initial load), but my games also crashed 3-4 times since league start and I think it may have crashed that many times in total the past 5 years.

I dunno if it's a Vulkan thing that's causing crashing or not. The hitching, pop-in, and massive frame drop on Fullscreen Windowed all seem to have been resolved, so I'll take the occasional crash.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    So I focused on getting my surviviability up last night and it's helping. I'm at least 30% in every resist, have a lot more ES, have two life golems up and am starting to understand how to pre-load Arcane Cloak and get out of trouble early rather later and so far I feel a lot less glass cannony.

Flame Dash still feels very flaky at times but I'm starting to anticipate it being flaky now. Also someone pointed out that some rituals lock movement skills...yeah, that was definitely happening and me not noticing. So that was part of of the issue though not the complete story of my love/hate relationship with Flame Dash.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Brody wrote: »

My God it was S O

F U C K I N G

C L U N K Y

On hit, never had any luck with DoT builds. Links might be off as I spent an exalt on gear immediately before I stopped playing.

Armageddon Brand for packs, cremation and flammability for anything that doesn't immediately die. Golems because I, uh, had free slots? I couldn't tell you if they're actually worth using. Especially after the elementalist rework.

golems are cool they keep u company, they run around, sometimes they die sometimes they live but is that not how it is for us all?
    worth noting stone golems taunt even with zero investment, frost golems chill cos of their snowy ground and lightning golems give u a small added lightning damage aura on occasion

obF2Wuw.png
    I still think regular Dash is the best movement skill in the game fight me

• KamarKamar Registered User regular

Flicker Strike is technically a movement skill, so...

Kamar wrote: »

*eyes narrow*

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    anybody know why my cyclone won't trigger my shockwave support despite using a staff?

PiptheFair wrote: »
    anybody know why my cyclone won't trigger my shockwave support despite using a staff?

so long as it linked should work

just double checked on my staff character and yup its triggerin

obF2Wuw.png
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »

*eyes narrow*

A well known symptom of motion sickness

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png

so long as it linked should work

just double checked on my staff character and yup its triggerin

it should work but it is not

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Do you possibly have an extra cyclone gem on your offweapons or something? Did you try turning cyclone off and back on again?

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    flzumq67e1df.jpg

can we break 2k?

EDIT:

hue hue hue

btzvjldfgiua.jpg

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Number big.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    So there's clearly some new bug now where tribute gain is now calculating correctly.

The last ritual tends to either provide no tribute or slowing tribute. I'm not sure what's causing this, but I'm not able to get above ~2k tribute in the last several maps now.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    This game has too many buttons now and I'm too old to really enjoy playing it

It felt like I picked a relatively simple build but I still have to press BV every 3 seconds, right-click through some mobs every 5 seconds, turn on plague bearer every ~12 seconds, enduring cry every 10 seconds, turn on withering step every 5 seconds during rare/unique mob fight, press 3 flasks every 5.5 seconds, play loot tetris, and left-click 300 times every map because they still haven't implemented such game-ruining technologies as picking up every currency orb within X distance whenever you pick up one of 'em.

I just can't do this sort of thing anymore and enjoy it; controller support when? It makes me pretty sad.

gross tbh

sjud0ioavtrf.jpg

J3qcnBP.png
    edited January 2021
    Rius wrote: »
    This game has too many buttons now and I'm too old to really enjoy playing it

It felt like I picked a relatively simple build but I still have to press BV every 3 seconds, right-click through some mobs every 5 seconds, turn on plague bearer every ~12 seconds, enduring cry every 10 seconds, turn on withering step every 5 seconds during rare/unique mob fight, press 3 flasks every 5.5 seconds, play loot tetris, and left-click 300 times every map because they still haven't implemented such game-ruining technologies as picking up every currency orb within X distance whenever you pick up one of 'em.

I just can't do this sort of thing anymore and enjoy it; controller support when? It makes me pretty sad.

Put Withering Step in your left click slot, you can move as normal and it will fire off as you're moving.

Never worry about it again.

jungleroomx on
    Noggin wrote: »
    Do you possibly have an extra cyclone gem on your offweapons or something? Did you try turning cyclone off and back on again?

I do not and I have in fact turned it off and on again

edited January 2021

Post your character so we can see if we can find something?
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    gross tbh

sjud0ioavtrf.jpg

What's the build?

Brody on

• FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

@PiptheFair -- Your helmet isn't a 4 link. It's just two 2 links -- shockwave isn't linked to cyclone:

139qyd48c8ah.jpg

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/pipthefair/characters

Fiatil on

My God it was S O

F U C K I N G

C L U N K Y

Just in case you're interested in watching someone who's been playing since day 1 paid beta be incredibly awful and die to trash because he wasn't paying attention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiEH7za-NS8

https://pastebin.com/wLwEuNx7 would be what I'd run if were starting over again. I run 1 Stone, 1 Lightning, 2 Flame golems, but I'm not sure you shouldn't just run 4 flames. The build is largely bottlenecked by Cast Speed, so I'd recommend stacking as much as possible. You could probably also do Occultist, or maybe Necromancer and focus on Cremation?

Post your character so we can see if we can find something?
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    gross tbh

sjud0ioavtrf.jpg

What's the build?

str stacking warchief chieftain

J3qcnBP.png
    Fiatil wrote: »

@PiptheFair -- Your helmet isn't a 4 link. It's just two 2 links -- shockwave isn't linked to cyclone:

139qyd48c8ah.jpg

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/pipthefair/characters

I am incredibly blind it turns out

ty